• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda want the Zain/Mango rematch. Rewatched their grand finals set from big house. Absolute classic set.

KingTrainJumper

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2020
Yo! Just found this thread. My first dabble in following competitive Melee was around the days Ken was dominant. Then stopped for a while and picked it back up during EVO 2013. Then been following closely ever since.

Looking forward to Genesis this weekend!

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
r4jxo.png

GOD

STATUS

Rest of the rankings here:

Yo! Just found this thread. My first dabble in following competitive Melee was around the days Ken was dominant. Then stopped for a while and picked it back up during EVO 2013. Then been following closely ever since.

Looking forward to Genesis this weekend!

Welcome friend!

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I did hear that Axe got some good notes from Armada for if he meets hbox in bracket so that could be interesting. Armada notes are a legit buff.

edit: That ending to Violence vs Alex19 tho D:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chaosblade

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Too bad doubles was so late. Probably missed the last couple hours since I had to go to bed (and really should have gone earlier).

Ready for singles this afternoon.

emb

Oct 28, 2017
I still can't believe loser's semis was Ralph/Darkatma/Rocky/Azel. Maybe I just haven't been paying enough attention, but seems like great performance from both underdog teams.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Panda just beat Axe in winners 2-1. MAJOR upset. Beat Axe on FoD with Fox.

wtffffffffffffff

emb

Oct 28, 2017
Of all upsets to happen, I did not expect it to be Axe by a Fox.

He also lost to Pudgy Panda last year didn't he? There's a clear pattern here.

OP
OP
Chaosblade

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Ryobeat was playing out of his mind, and Wizzy was definitely not on point.

OP
OP
Chaosblade

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I can't decide if I like PPMD's commentary or not. He might be the best play by play commentator I've ever heard. But I still don't really like mostly straight play by play commentary that much.

emb

Oct 28, 2017
PPMD commentating Leffen vs Hax.

I remember a time, just a few years ago, when it would have been awesome to see any one of these three able to attend a tournament. Glad they're all doing better.

OP
OP
Chaosblade

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize how many upsets I missed earlier.

Ginger over SFAT?
PPU beat Plup 3-0???
Plup and Axe are playing in losers top 32

Lol Mango, that edgeguard SD looked like me playing for a second.

Last edited:

Miggy

Oct 25, 2017
Axe is out at 25th place.

It's crazy how that match was last years losers finals.

Last edited:

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
Axe feeling that midtier pain, wasn't playing his best and ran into two Foxes that knew the matchup. :(

OP
OP
Chaosblade

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
My guy Ginger wasn't looking too hot against Shroomed. :( Aside from the second half of game 2, but then he threw that one away.

I think PPU was the first player to take a game of Hbox this tournament.

Last edited:

emb

Oct 28, 2017
I guess it was already clear after his recent win over Hbox, but great to see that Hax is all the way back. Looking better now than he ever has, imo.

Top 8 looks like it's shaping up to be pretty good. Hbox/Zain/Mango/Leff/Amsa or a Falcon/Fiction or Faceroll/Hax/Swedish or Shroomed.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Winners:

Hbox (Puff) vs. Zain (Marth)
Mango (Falco/Fox) vs. Leffen (Fox)

Losers:

Hax (Fox) vs. Shroomed (Sheik)
n0ne (Falcon) vs. Fiction (Fox)

Absolutely wild top 8. n0ne making it in over Wizzy and s2j. Shroomed making it in over Plup and Swedish. Fiction went on an absolute tear. No ibdw, no m2k, no "low tier" heroes Axe and Amsa.

A little too much Fox for my liking but still going to be solid as fuck. Pulling for the homeboy n0ne of course, and for the Mango/Zain rematch of the gods in Winners Finals.