• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
What's their obsession with shaved hair?

I actually really like the Black Mask design.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Penguin, White Rabbit, Flamingo and another one who I have no idea is were also supposed to be in this game. White rabbit is old as shit, Flamingo looks like the first LGBT character in an Arkham game and Penguin just looks absolutely done with life.

I just looked up White Rabbit because I hadn't heard of her...hahahhaahah what the hell. That's a character design that could only have been done in the 90s (but nope, actually in the last decade, which is insane).

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
eNfiXzd.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
I've never been a fan of Ivy as a green skinned scantily-clad forest nymph so they have my sword on that design.
-
Dick Grayson should be supermodel perfect in all iterations.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Looks kinda cool actually, aside from Dick ofc, but it's only art who knows how the game would've turned out.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I just looked up White Rabbit because I hadn't heard of her...hahahhaahah what the hell. That's a character design that could only have been done in the 90s (but nope, actually in the last decade, which is insane).
The crazy thing is, her design you saw DEFINITELY ain't the one from this game. The one from this game had her old as dirt. Like arm hooked up to IV on the deathbed old.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
lol at dick grayson

is that the best the character designers could do?

Nov 8, 2017
There's more than that (idk if it was posted on 4ch or not), showing an elderly White Rabbit with gas cylinders of some kind attached to her (she's labelled White Rabbit, otherwise you wouldn't be able to guess) and a close up on Bat Cycle concept art. Someone shared all this art with me like 18-24 months back.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great.

I can see what they're going with for Dick Grayson, which is just a rougher look in contrast to his regular depiction.

I think it would've been interesting. Trying to envision a new future for Batman after Arkham Knight, instead of just adapting something popular, would have been nice to see.

Nov 8, 2017
Here's the White Rabbit I mentioned

gi9xcbplyzjhk.jpg

Kind of bizarre choices on some of the characters but I do wish we got the game overall.

These images have been in at least light circulation behind closed doors for a while (2ish years), keep in mind. I'm kind of shocked there hadn't been a big blowout with them prior.

JJConrad

Nov 3, 2017
I first read the thread title as "Damon Wayans Batman game" and then wondered if Jim Carrey was reprising his role as the Riddler.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
So supposedly this originated from 4chan. The poster laid some info about the game.

• Batbike
  • Gotham is in ruins, like y'all see
  • All the villains mentioned plus penguin, white rabbit and flamingo
  • Dick and Bruce are both older. Bruce is retired
  • It was to include the nemesis system from the LoTR games
Also goes on to say that WB Montreal worked on this, Suicide Squad, and Superman, and all were canned. Says they are working on another Batman game (probably using assets from this one) and Rocksteady is making a "superhero creation game". Doesn't specify exactly what that is though.

Keep in mind these images have been going around for a while, so this info could be old/outdated.

OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Thanks for sharing that, naan. Yeah the designs are totally bizarre (like that one lol) I guess it's coming out now because something big might be going down maybe? (one can hope!)

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
While I like some of the designs, I feel like a set-in-the-future Batman game where Bruce is retired should feature Terry. He's been insanely underutilized in games.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
One of my least favorite bits of concept art is when we "cast" actors likeness in the concepts. Its always a weird Frankestein monstrosity and it murders creativity.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Man, kinda sucks WB Montreal are probalby going to make another standard Batman game instead of a cool future game or an altnerate game. I bet they will do Origins 2.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Man, kinda sucks WB Montreal are probalby going to make another standard Batman game instead of a cool future game or an altnerate game. I bet they will do Origins 2.
The rumor right now is Origins sequel with Court of Owls.

Honestly, I would've preferred they stuck with their Superman game. Batman is great and all, but other heroes deserve to shine.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
That ain't Ivy. Looks more like Joker's Daughter, which is blegh, but would fit in this next generation vibe the concept art looks to have.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
The rumor right now is Origins sequel with Court of Owls.

Honestly, I would've preferred they stuck with their Superman game. Batman is great and all, but other heroes deserve to shine.
Agreed and while i love the Court of Owls - i feel this idea would have been extremely creative and intresting. I feel like we have had enough Arkham games staring Bruce

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
The crazy thing is, her design you saw DEFINITELY ain't the one from this game. The one from this game had her old as dirt. Like arm hooked up to IV on the deathbed old.
Here's the White Rabbit I mentioned

gi9xcbplyzjhk.jpg

Kind of bizarre choices on some of the characters but I do wish we got the game overall.

These images have been in at least light circulation behind closed doors for a while (2ish years), keep in mind. I'm kind of shocked there hadn't been a big blowout with them prior.

Ah, the old "What if we took this hot chick...and made her NOT HOT!" gambit.

Apparently White Rabbit's power is to split into two forms with different looks, so I GUARANTEE that their idea would be to have old lady White Rabbit split into young G-string White Rabbit.