• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
The Two Face and Poison Ivy designs are FANTASTIC. Black Mask is good, too. The rest are forgettable, but I'd love to see those designs in other games. Very tired of the standard fare Ivy we've gotten since...well, since forever.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
#NotMyDick

But that whole nemesis system would've been pretty cool (on a smaller, tighter scale). Also, one thing I kinda wish the Arkham games had was more vehicles. I'm part of the few that actually enjoyed the Batmobile in Arkham Knight and would've loved some Batplane/Batboat action

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed and while i love the Court of Owls - i feel this idea would have been extremely creative and intresting. I feel like we have had enough Arkham games staring Bruce
Unfortunately the big wigs over at WB only care about the Benjamins. Bruce sells, so they'll probs only make Batman games with him as the star.

Also, does anyone know if this is the game Nolan North was working on with WB, or was that the Suicide Squad franchise?

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
#NotMyDick

But that whole nemesis system would've been pretty cool (on a smaller, tighter scale). Also, one thing I kinda wish the Arkham games had was more vehicles. I'm part of the few that actually enjoyed the Batmobile in Arkham Knight and would've loved some Batplane/Batboat action

What if they let you do the Akira-slide with the bat cycle???

EDIT:

2f7XkfI.gif

Last edited:

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
The description of the Nemesis system for this game sounded great, where enemies could escape their encounters with you and commit further crimes, getting them noticed by villains. They could then be promoted to leading squads, being valuable enough to be broken out of jail, and even adopt a persona based on the villain who supports them.

Hopefully that idea is adapted into the current Batman project.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
One of my least favorite bits of concept art is when we "cast" actors likeness in the concepts. Its always a weird Frankestein monstrosity and it murders creativity.
I assume such decisions are driven from the leads, or at least the AD's chair to guide a process that could be happening in a completely different country, executed by contractors.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So supposedly this originated from 4chan. The poster laid some info about the game.

• Batbike
  • Gotham is in ruins, like y'all see
  • All the villains mentioned plus penguin, white rabbit and flamingo
  • Dick and Bruce are both older. Bruce is retired
  • It was to include the nemesis system from the LoTR games
Also goes on to say that WB Montreal worked on this, Suicide Squad, and Superman, and all were canned. Says they are working on another Batman game (probably using assets from this one) and Rocksteady is making a "superhero creation game". Doesn't specify exactly what that is though.

Keep in mind these images have been going around for a while, so this info could be old/outdated.
Woah that would have been so good!

I just dont understand why they cancelled the title. The Arkam games sold fairly well, even Origins? The only thing I could see holding this one back compared to the others is having Damian as the lead. Just because he doesnt have the same name recognition as the other Bat family characters. Hell, he hadnt even been introduced in any of the prior Arkam games. But still, with enough marketing, and if the game played just as well as the others, it wouldnt have been that big of a hurdle imo.

Introducing the Nemesis system though would have been awesome. And having the Batbike!! WTF WB

EDIT: People trashing that Dick Grayson, yea its bad, but just remember they did the same thing to Tim Drake in the previous games. I think its more of an Unreal Engine type thing more so than a stylestic choice. I dunno, it just seems like a trend to go with the shaved head.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I assume such decisions are driven from the leads, or at least the AD's chair to guide a process that could be happening in a completely different country, executed by contractors.
Depends. Sometimes its from the concept artist itself, sometimes the AD, producer, game director, etc etc. Its used a lot in order to get higher ups to "buy in" when a concept is presented to them

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
So supposedly this originated from 4chan. The poster laid some info about the game.

• Batbike
  • Gotham is in ruins, like y'all see
  • All the villains mentioned plus penguin, white rabbit and flamingo
  • Dick and Bruce are both older. Bruce is retired
  • It was to include the nemesis system from the LoTR games
Also goes on to say that WB Montreal worked on this, Suicide Squad, and Superman, and all were canned. Says they are working on another Batman game (probably using assets from this one) and Rocksteady is making a "superhero creation game". Doesn't specify exactly what that is though.

Keep in mind these images have been going around for a while, so this info could be old/outdated.
The idea of a Damian Wayne Batman game isn't that appealing to me but I don't hate most of these designs and I'm a sucker for superhero games (as long as they're at least decent) so I probably would've bought it Day 1 anyway, plus this description doesn't sound half bad
Still, not too beat up about it being cancelled, Court of Owls is way more appealing to me

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
What the f, I'd love to play this if Rocksteady was doing it.

SheriffMcDuck

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like DC thinks Dick is super stale as a character for some reason. Every time they get a chance to throw a wrench into his arcs/character/etc. They do it. When all they need to do and what they've failed to do is tell a meaningful story that moves him forward as he currently is. It's upsetting as he's my favorite DC hero.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I feel like DC thinks Dick is super stale as a character for some reason. Every time they get a chance to throw a wrench into his arcs/character/etc. They do it. When all they need to do and what they've failed to do is tell a meaningful story that moves him forward as he currently is. It's upsetting as he's my favorite DC hero.
It honestly felt like the most recent change was all because they were scared of using the word "Dick"

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Why are people acting like these early concept art characters are A: Bad, B: What the finals would even look like either way?

They honestly look pretty good, and they'd have gone through a few more iterations to be sure either way.

SheriffMcDuck

Oct 27, 2017
It honestly felt like the most recent change was all because they were scared of using the word "Dick"
I've been so disappointed with Ric Grayson. I tolerated and really learned to love Grayson Superspy, but I can't get over Ric.

He's the antithesis to Dick Grayson. I don't know how that went through creative when people just want more Dick.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Looks really cool. I dig all those designs expect Dicks. Shame it was cancelled I doubt the next Batman game will have as interesting designs. Shit they don't even acknowledge the best game of the four which also funnily enough has the best character designs.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
I think everything looks good besides Diccc Grayson . Idk how they managed to make him look as generic as possible.

Oct 28, 2017
I like that Gorilla Grodd and Two-Face alot.

What's with Rocksteady and now WB Montreal shaving the Robins? Give them their luscious black hair.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The Two Face and Poison Ivy designs are FANTASTIC. Black Mask is good, too. The rest are forgettable, but I'd love to see those designs in other games. Very tired of the standard fare Ivy we've gotten since...well, since forever.

Yeah, Ivy is definitely the stand out here and that's quite the design I sure wouldn't mind becoming her new standard look across multiple properties.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Is this supposed to be a batman beyond game? isnt terry batman beyond? I only watched DCAU i dont know anything the comics may have made up

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Would you have been okay with him staying on as a Batman?