• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well they kinda hate all the Robin's in their own way
Damian got replaced

EBs22yDWwAozeNC

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
jesus that looks fucking terrible. Another prison city too. Why tf can't they give me a somewhat functioning Gotham for once.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Ummm, Ya'll crazy. I would have 100% bought and played this game if it even remotely looked and played like the other Arkham games. Ultra-violent Damian Bats going against an even darker more fucked up Batman Rogues gallery in a mysteriously jacked up future Gotham?
I was mad just looking at these pictures knowing what we missed out on.

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
This is the first I'm hearing of a Batman game featuring Damian. Wasn't WB Montréal rumored to be working on a Court of Owls game, which also "leaked" a while back? What happened to that one? What are they up to now?

Also, Two Face looks boss, but I'm not feeling the other designs, especially My Chemical Ivy and Chris O'Donnell.

Edit: Oh, and batcycle! <3

Nov 8, 2017
This is the first I'm hearing of a Batman game featuring Damian. Wasn't WB Montréal rumored to be working on a Court of Owls game, which also "leaked" a while back? What happened to that one? What are they up to now?

Also, Two Face looks boss, but I'm not feeling the other designs, especially My Chemical Ivy and Chris O'Donnell.

Edit: Oh, and batcycle! <3

I'm not sure if Court of Owls is real, but the existence of this (cancelled) game was leaked out by Schreier a long ways back and it doesn't get much more reliable than that. All this art has "Sabbath" on it, which is also a connection to some of those project code names from WB came out of a voice actors database or something because "Project Sabbath" was mentioned there.

Jarhab

Alt account
Banned
Jul 26, 2019
Shame that this was canceled. I'm always interested in seeing new takes on established IP. That said, WB tried that before with Gotham City Imposters and the game failed pretty hard. I guess most players just want to stick with what they know.

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
Super disappointing to see this canned, I would have loved a non-Bruce Batman game. Shame

So supposedly this originated from 4chan. The poster laid some info about the game.

• Batbike
  • Gotham is in ruins, like y'all see
  • All the villains mentioned plus penguin, white rabbit and flamingo
  • Dick and Bruce are both older. Bruce is retired
  • It was to include the nemesis system from the LoTR games
Also goes on to say that WB Montreal worked on this, Suicide Squad, and Superman, and all were canned. Says they are working on another Batman game (probably using assets from this one) and Rocksteady is making a "superhero creation game". Doesn't specify exactly what that is though.

Keep in mind these images have been going around for a while, so this info could be old/outdated.

I hope that on whatever batman game they're working on they keep the nemesis system.
That could be super cool to see in a batman game

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
So supposedly this originated from 4chan. The poster laid some info about the game.

• Batbike
  • Gotham is in ruins, like y'all see
  • All the villains mentioned plus penguin, white rabbit and flamingo
  • Dick and Bruce are both older. Bruce is retired
  • It was to include the nemesis system from the LoTR games
Also goes on to say that WB Montreal worked on this, Suicide Squad, and Superman, and all were canned. Says they are working on another Batman game (probably using assets from this one) and Rocksteady is making a "superhero creation game". Doesn't specify exactly what that is though.

Keep in mind these images have been going around for a while, so this info could be old/outdated.

Three games canned? Holy shit, what the fuck is going on over there.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
gotham looks kinda weird, it's like no man's land with some future stuff. just go full batman beyond for the next game.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Super disappointing to see this canned, I would have loved a non-Bruce Batman game. Shame

I hope that on whatever batman game they're working on they keep the nemesis system.
That could be super cool to see in a batman game
Funny thing is, the nemesis system was originally created for a Batman game. Monolith was working on a game to tie into the Nolan series, but that pivoted into the Middle Earth games.
Three games canned? Holy shit, what the fuck is going on over there.
Nobody knows. I would hope someone like jschreier would chime in but I think the superhero game community really turns him off

Jul 26, 2018
Just found out about this today and made sure if someone made a thread about it. Very disappointing that it got cancelled. Had to follow Arkham news after coming back to Origins and man... playing it on my gaming PC with g-sync is so amazing compared to 360 XD.

Apparently, the possible title of this game was Batman Arkham Legacy.

Found a little chat in Reddit where someone searched the domain of the game and it was registered way back on April 6th, 2016 as "batmanarkhamlegacy.com" . This is important because in the EXACT SAME day, Batman; Return to Arkham was also register in the same day as "batmanreturntoarkham.com" . Eventually Batman: Arkham VR was register later in June 1st.

So this could've been the title of the next game and would make sense as Damien is holding Bruce's legacy.

Here's the Reddit page where a user found the info. This shouldn't be a fake because both were register in the same time. Good find!

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I would have loved that.

And I don't get why people get hung up on Dick being the most generic white dude. That's what he has always been :/

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
I would have loved that.

And I don't get why people get hung up on Dick being the most generic white dude. That's what he has always been :/

I never knew about "Ric Grayson" until this thread and that take on the character seems to lack the comparatively lighthearted attitude based on comic panels posted here. Dick seemed like the fun type of generic white dude rather than the brooding kind.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Ivy looks cool, Dick looks super generic, like the gruff protagonist in every Western game. Isn't he supposed to be a black-haired super handsome guy?

4ef4364546beffe34e682c660a3f9c68-8775.jpg

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder why they just cant seem to get a game out, youd think wb would re-release origins while people wait for another game or something. It feels like they totally forgot about this franchise, did city not sell as well as they hoped it would?

Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017
I actually quite like the concept art for the rundown Gotham. it seems like it would have been a pretty fun playground to mess around in. A pity this game will never see the light of day.

Last edited:

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I wonder why they just cant seem to get a game out, youd think wb would re-release origins while people wait for another game or something. It feels like they totally forgot about this franchise, did city not sell as well as they hoped it would?
City did so well it got a sequel, Arkham Knight. Plus WB just released a remaster/port/whatever of Asylum/City a few years ago.

Oct 25, 2017
Supposedly Suicide Squad they could never get to just click and after the reaction to the movie and missing that marketing window was an easy cancel.
Superman as a whole WB doesn't know what to do.

Damian game, nobody wanted that shit from the second the rumor came up. add in the negative reactions to Arkham Knight and the fact it would likely dump on Rocksteady's ending seems like an easy thing to "cancel" and rework into what they should have made from the start an Origins sequel

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Just found out about this today and made sure if someone made a thread about it. Very disappointing that it got cancelled. Had to follow Arkham news after coming back to Origins and man... playing it on my gaming PC with g-sync is so amazing compared to 360 XD.

Apparently, the possible title of this game was Batman Arkham Legacy.

Found a little chat in Reddit where someone searched the domain of the game and it was registered way back on April 6th, 2016 as "batmanarkhamlegacy.com" . This is important because in the EXACT SAME day, Batman; Return to Arkham was also register in the same day as "batmanreturntoarkham.com" . Eventually Batman: Arkham VR was register later in June 1st.

So this could've been the title of the next game and would make sense as Damien is holding Bruce's legacy.

Here's the Reddit page where a user found the info. This shouldn't be a fake because both were register in the same time. Good find!

I'm pretty sure that domain is just for Batman Return to Arkham. WB tends to list a few domains for the same game.

EDIT: Yeah, the url redirects to return to arkham

Last edited:

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Supposedly Suicide Squad they could never get to just click and after the reaction to the movie and missing that marketing window was an easy cancel.
Superman as a whole WB doesn't know what to do.

Damian game, nobody wanted that shit from the second the rumor came up. add in the negative reactions to Arkham Knight and the fact it would likely dump on Rocksteady's ending seems like an easy thing to "cancel" and rework into what they should have made from the start an Origins sequel

Pretty much this. I imagine all WBM is gonna get is the prequel time period, if it stays in Arkhamverse.

Treythalomew

Oct 27, 2017
Still the wildest thing to me that they somehow couldn't have had something to release by now. I would have eaten this all up, except maybe Dick but then again I'm not sure how often you'd see him like that, just like how often you see Bruce in Arkham. If this had been an unannounced trailer at E3 or the Game Awards, I would have been losing it.