• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Those designs are so cliche. Hopefully whatever game happens has unique ones. Two Face looks fine though.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Pretty much this. I imagine all WBM is gonna get is the prequel time period, if it stays in Arkhamverse.
You will wish they did... πŸ˜žπŸ˜‘πŸ˜Ά
Still the wildest thing to me that they somehow couldn't have had something to release by now. I would have eaten this all up, except maybe Dick but then again I'm not sure how often you'd see him like that, just like how often you see Bruce in Arkham. If this had been an unannounced trailer at E3 or the Game Awards, I would have been losing it.
Good people work there... but you can't do much if whoever is assigned to direct this project can't fuel passion among his staff. πŸ˜‘
Those designs are so cliche. Hopefully whatever game happens has unique ones. Two Face looks fine though.
If only it was the game's only problem... πŸ˜‘πŸ˜΅πŸ˜Ά

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Lol.

But seriously, WB Montreal has had some serious turmoil. I really want someone to do an article on exactly what kept going wrong.
WB Montreal have great level designers and artists. So talent is not the problem here. I don't know exactly what is going there, but if I had to guess it sounds similar to the problems Ubisoft Montreal had with the new Rainbox Six "Patriots" game (before it was re-announced as the multiplayer-only game Rainbox Six Siege). They restarted the project a couple of times (3-5 times) until they got the right person to be the Game Director on it. Sometimes, not having the right person to fill in the director role for big IPs like this can be detrimental to a project and to a team's drive.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
WB Montreal have great level designers and artists. So talent is not the problem here. I don't know exactly what is going there, but if I had to guess it sounds similar to the problems Ubisoft Montreal had with the new Rainbox Six "Patriots" game (before it was re-announced as the multiplayer-only game Rainbox Six Siege). They restarted the project a couple of times (3-5 times) until they got the right person to be the Game Director on it. Sometimes, not having the right person to fill in the director role for big IPs like this can be detrimental to a project and to a team's drive.
When do you think we'll see it? The job postings still point to it being a current gen game (and they just started hiring for a second project), but what you're saying makes it seem like they're just going for next gen now.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
What does this mean? Are they not doing an Arkham Origins sequel like most think?
Can't confirm anything (don't want to get anyone in trouble)... but not last time I checked. Although, they are helping and working on a bunch of other projects. So who knows... maybe one of them is a Arkham Origins sequel. I didn't hear anything about it. Hopefully whatever they are working on... some will be surprised. :crossing_fingers: πŸ˜…
est1992 said:
As much as I would like to... I can't. Although, if I had to be more or less vague, projects based on big IPs (like Batman for example) need to live up to a certain quality. Whatever the project... if said quality isn't met, it could prove difficult to convince the big guys at the top to go all-in on it. With rumors like the new Sony studio located in San Diego leading the next Uncharted game, the same could be applied here too. πŸ˜‘πŸ˜Ά

I will say it once again, no matter how great is the staff or the studio, if you don't choose the right person to drive and direct a big game like this, people can feel it when working on it... like something is missing and that can impact their passion for it, which in return can also affect their productivity on it.
When do you think we'll see it? The job postings still point to it being a current gen game (and they just started hiring for a second project), but what you're saying makes it seem like they're just going for next gen now.
Honestly... I don't really know. Hopefully it will be this year around TGAs. I don't know if WB had plans to show Rocksteady's game before WBM's or if it didn't matter that WBM's game was revealed first. And unfortunately, I can't say how far they are into project, but last time I checked, it was still a current-gen game. Given that we are almost closing this gen, I wouldn't be surprised if they were aiming for cross-gen or next-gen only... who knows? πŸ€”πŸ˜…

Last edited:

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Can't confirm anything (don't want to get anyone in trouble)... but not last time I checked. Hopefully... some will be surprised. :crossing_fingers:
Oh wow. People are for sure going to be surprised by this. They cancelled the Damian game so I wonder where they're going with Batman now. I can't imagine them getting rid of the "Arkham" name, but I know Kenzo said on that other site that originally they were going to.
As much as I would like to... I can't. Although, if I had to be more or less vague, projects based on big IPs (like Batman for example) need to live up to a certain quality. If said quality isn't met, it could prove difficult to convince the big guys at the top to go all-in on it. I will say it once again, no matter how good is the staff or the studio, if you don't choose the right person to drive and direct a big game like this, people can feel it when working on it... like something is missing, which can impact their passion for it that in return can also affect their productivity on it.
Honestly... I don't really know. Hopefully it will be this year around TGAs. And unfortunately, I can't say how far they are into project, but last time I checked, it was still a current-gen game. Given that we are almost closing this gen, I wouldn't be surprised if they were aiming for cross-gen or next-gen only... who knows?
Well I'm glad it seems like they've found the right director to lead them. They're a talented bunch and made a criminally underrated Batman title. I hope they get the chance to work with some other DC characters (someone needs to get on Superman) and get to expand their scope.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. Hopefully we'll see what they've got under their sleeves soon.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
rQBrpuf.jpg

Is that Paul Walker?
That's Ric

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Oh wow. People are for sure going to be surprised by this. They cancelled the Damian game so I wonder where they're going with Batman now. I can't imagine them getting rid of the "Arkham" name, but I know Kenzo said on that other site that originally they were going to.
Last time I checked, the rumor shared by Gamesradar said something about a Batman Court of Owl game.
Alex Avard January 30 said:
Wild, questionable rumour suggests Batman: Arkham Crisis could be WB Montreal's open world DC game

Could Batman: Arkham Crisis be one of WB Montreal's two new rumoured DC Comics games in the works?

With Jason Schreier debunk it...

... but despite the fact that most of the information in that "leak" were wrong (freaking playtesters not respecting their NDAs... LOL XD), there was some pinch of truth in there. Can't say what though... :P ;)
Well I'm glad it seems like they've found the right director to lead them. They're a talented bunch and made a criminally underrated Batman title. I hope they get the chance to work with some other DC characters (someone needs to get on Superman) and get to expand their scope.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. Hopefully we'll see what they've got under their sleeves soon.
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Last edited:

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
I said "it seems like they found the right director" and then you said "haha if only you knew" and "I wish". You didn't specifically say it, but I mean you still make it seem like they aren't fit for the task.
They have a few directors and plenty of good people working there. Didn't specify any names but heard a few things that would explain why it took so long for WBM to come up with a new game of their own. My analogy to Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Patriots debacle is probably the closest thing that could explain what happened with WBM's rumored cancelled games. Also, it seems to go in line with what some of these rumors have leaked. Can't say more. I still have faith in whatever they are working on. God speed Warner Bros Montreal! πŸ˜‘πŸ˜Ά

Baqer

Banned
Oct 21, 2018
Just came across this: WBMTL is hiring for a community manager rn. It's on their website job postings.
Here's the link to the page : [https://wbgamesmontreal.com/en/jobs]
I am beginning to feel that they and Rocksteady may announce their projects back to back