• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
So they had that one last moment before she shut the door on him which worked both metaphorically and literally, but is that closed for good or can Kylo still drunk force Skype if he's feeling lonely?

Basically, will we see this again in episode IX. I did enjoy them and want more, but I'm not sure if it's going to have the same effect again, but then if it's available to them, why not tap into it from time to time to see what's up?

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Snoke make that happen? They aren't powerful enough on their own to make the connection without killing themselves.

shtolky

Oct 27, 2017
Their connection stayed even after the throne room scene when it was revealed that Snoke bridged their minds, so it's probable the connection remains. IX is undoubtedly going to heavily focus on their relationship, so I would bet money we will see more force skype calls.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I thought it was Gold Kimono dude's Force powers doing that, so with him dead it might not continue in the next movie.

But they could easily keep it and say that him making the connection in the first place made it semi-permanent or whatever.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
kylo, sweating, shirtless and covered in crushed pringles and walrus milk, demanding to know who that guy he saw with rey is

Deleted member 41638

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
While I disliked TLJ overall the force call stuff was neat, especially when water showed up on Kylo's hand. I bet they will do it again but I have no idea why Rey would even give Kylo the time of day at this point.

MagicHobo

Oct 27, 2017
It was cool for what it was and what it allowed the story to do, and I don't think Snoke was required for the effect to stick around since brief force calls have sort of always been a thing (if you want to count Luke and Leia's little connections), but as you said she straight up closed the door on him. That's pretty much that I think. Now, similar calls may be made among friends, that would be neat. Give me a Finn and Rey booty call.

Last edited:

Newlove

Oct 28, 2017
England
Well apparently it's a year or two after The Last Jedi so unless they kept in touch via force Skype that whole time I think it's a story thread that dies/faded with Snoke.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Stay closed, don't redeem that prick. He should be full on bad guy in ep9, stop trying to somehow turn him good or repeat the OT. He missed his chance and is a mass murderer.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
if ep 9 is just kylo drunk dialing rey in tears for 2 hours it will be the best star wars film ever made

wEuDyXb.gif

c5XeC3d.gif