• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
I fucking hate it that there is no preview of the lighthouse theme that is exclusive to the more expensive deluxe version. Now I have to decide if I wait for reviews and a video of the theme or to buy it blind in order to get the nice pre order theme ....
It has a nice relaxing flute tune and the visual is looking up at the top of the lighthouse with some birds that fly around the top. Nothing amazing to be honest.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Incredible OT!!

Not for smaller or indie games, where there isn't the whole sending the game off as finished "gone gold" for manufacturing discs and boxes, and review codes can be sent to outlets weeks or so before the game's launch.

Come on fam, this isn't an indie. It's a fully funded AA game from one of the biggest publishers in the world. I really wish people would stop going to bat for Sony and how they are treating not only this game, but their AA games in general.

You can market both AA and AAA. It doesn't necessarily mean a huge ad campaign, but there's the option of demos, getting code out early to streamers, etc. I'd say look at how MS handled Ori, that's how Sony should have handled this.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Not sure about other regions, but I preordered on the US Amazon and on the product page it does list that dynamic theme as a preorder bonus along with an avatar set.
Thanks! I just checked and there it is. Amazon seems to be the only big online shop in Central Europe to offer this preorder bonus.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Incredible OT!!

Come on fam, this isn't an indie. It's a fully funded AA game from one of the biggest publishers in the world. I really wish people would stop going to bat for Sony and how they are treating not only this game, but their AA games in general.

You can market both AA and AAA. It doesn't necessarily mean a huge ad campaign, but there's the option of demos, getting code out early to streamers, etc. I'd say look at how MS handled Ori, that's how Sony should have handled this.
For sure, this like other AA and indie games could have sent out review codes in advance, but I'm not particularly alarmed when it's happened sometimes like here.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Incredible OT!!

There's no such thing as an AA game. The game is published by Sony, it's an AAA game.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
yeah, PR in Brazil said the embargo lifts today. Weird, I wonder if there was some confusion on Sony/PR side of things

Just watched Nautilus review that says it took them around 6h to get to the end of the game. Biggest criticism was toward the combat which they describe as very barebones. But they were glad it was something intoduced much later in the game, so it didnt bother that much.

Overall they recommended, citing the exploration and puzzle approach to the whole thing, the monsters companionship, story (though they said the theme of loneliness has been worked better and with more subtlety on other games) and visuals as positive aspects.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
yeah, PR in Brazil said the embargo lifts today. Weird, I wonder if there was some confusion on Sony/PR side of things

Just watched Nautilus review that says it took them around 6h to get to the end of the game. Biggest criticism was toward the combat which they describe as very barebones. But they were glad it was something intoduced much later in the game, so it didnt bother that much.

Overall they recommended, citing the exploration and puzzle approach to the whole thing, the monsters companionship, story (though they said the theme of loneliness has been worked better and with more subtlety on other games) and visuals as positive aspects.

This reads like a 7 and here I am hoping it's a gory

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Finished the game yesterday, impressions coming tomorrow. The plat will definitely be easy yes, but it appears there's a glitched trophy right now that will keep me from it :(

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, i work at Nautilus and unfortunately we had to take down our review since we got the wrong embargo time from our Sony PR. Just in case someone clicks in our video and isn't able to see it anymore.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
I fucking hate it that there is no preview of the lighthouse theme that is exclusive to the more expensive deluxe version. Now I have to decide if I wait for reviews and a video of the theme or to buy it blind in order to get the nice pre order theme ....
You don't have to pre-order the deluxe version to get the lighthouse theme. Buy the base game, wait for someone to upload a video of the theme, and then buy the $10 upgrade if you want. Lighthouse theme is not a pre-order bonus, you get it whenever you buy the deluxe version.

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
protip: you can find almost any dynamic theme on youtube:

yeah I was aware of this one. I was talking about the Lighthouse theme

You don't have to pre-order the deluxe version to get the lighthouse theme. Buy the base game, wait for someone to upload a video of the theme, and then buy the $10 upgrade if you want. Lighthouse theme is not a pre-order bonus, you get it whenever you buy the deluxe version.

crap didn't know that there was an upgrade possibility. Well too late now was I bought the deluxe edition. Will find out tomorrow if I wasted 10 euros. Can I get the soundtrack files somehow to my pc? Or does it only play on the PS4 which would make it useless?

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
yeah I was aware of this one. I was talking about the Lighthouse theme

crap didn't know that there was an upgrade possibility. Well too late now was I bought the deluxe edition. Will find out tomorrow if I wasted 10 euros. Can I get the soundtrack files somehow to my pc? Or does it only play on the PS4 which would make it useless?
Usually they let you copy the files to a USB.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
Tomorrow it will still count as "pre order"? I want the theme :p
It's out tomorrow though(8th) so I can't imagine it'll still be considered a pre-order, Unless you order a physical copy online from a retailer before they officially open their doors for the day.

Like I ordered Firewall a little after 12 midnight of launch day, before Bestbuy opened further in the day at 10 am, and it was still counted as a pre-order.

But if you want it digitally, then the moment midnight of launch day strikes, it doesn't count.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
Got it preordered!

Also, nice OP, OP. I initially claimed it but eventually I realized I'd have no time to do it, so I'm glad someone else did.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Can somebody explain the OT?
images

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
It's out tomorrow though(8th) so I can't imagine it'll still be considered a pre-order, Unless you order a physical copy online from a retailer before they officially open their doors for the day.

Like I ordered Firewall a little after 12 midnight of launch day, before Bestbuy opened further in the day at 10 am, and it was still counted as a pre-order.

But if you want it digitally, then the moment midnight of launch day strikes, it doesn't count.

Thanks, I'll get it now then.