• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PieShark

Oct 25, 2017
The loss of the GTS is a big deal, why are you derailing your own thread by including the hashtag?

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
The GTS was great and all... but I don't think we should use this hashtag to create an avenue for more hate. Using it sarcastically is defeating the point.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Just because it doesn't feature the text string "GTS" people are going to assume there is no equivalent feature or that it exists but is called something else??

Holy shit people
We would know by know. The whole game has leaked. It's not gonna magically appear in a game where there is no equivalent.

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Way to shit all over a hashtag that was used to comfort Game Freak employees after all the harrasment they've been through. Great work.
100% This.

Personally never liked the GTS always impossible to search and find Pokemon I wanted due to everyone wanting legendaries or level 100s and stuff like that. I do hope there is another feature that offers a way for players to acquire all of the Pokemon without having to directly trade or rely on RNG but at this point it feels like people are just digging for literally anything negative about the game to blow up about.

Naudyboy

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 6, 2019
It's pretty much an online marketplace for Pokemon. You put up a Pokemon of yours and ask for one in return (for example you could put up your Lv.17 Raichu asking for a Lv.1-5 Charmander). If the Pokemon is traded online, you'd get your Charmander next time you logged in.

It is notably the ONLY way to ask for a specific Pokemon in a trade without directly contacting the person you're trading with, as well as the only way to passively trade when you're not online at the immediate moment.

That's actually really cool, wonder why they removed it. Sounds almost like the auction house in the Forza games.

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
The GTS was basically a classifieds section for Pokemon. You put up a Pokemon and request one in return, then other players could make the trade if they have a Pokemon that fits the criteria. It was more convenient than regular trading because the trades could occur in the background while you kept playing.

It was suspected it may have been cut since leakers couldn't find the option in the menus.

I'm going to refrain from using the hashtag facetiously as tempting as it is

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Do we need a new thread on every single thing? its bad enough with that title shitting on anyone who was using that hashtag unironically.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Just because it doesn't feature the text string "GTS" people are going to assume there is no equivalent feature or that it exists but is called something else??

Holy shit people
We almost certainly would have found it by now. Tons of people already have the game and the code has been blown wide open.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
They might as well since you gotta pay online MP.

Ironically I only got into trading cause of GTS so oh well.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They really are working hard to find every fucking opportunity to disappoint their fans aren't they.

LawfulEnder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well. That sucks. The GTS was fantastic and an excellent way to help people fill out the Pokédex/acquire "rarer" things like version exclusives and starters.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Wtf at people using that positive hashtag with bad intent. F'ing spiteful community.

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
Do we need a new thread on every single thing? its bad enough with that title shitting on anyone who was using that hashtag unironically.
Yeah, cutting a feature thats been in the game since gen 4 deserves a thread, especially when it has no suitable replacement.

Using the hashtag is kinda shitty though.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
That's the GTS. What's the Let's Go method? Thread title says the Let's Go multiplayer code is in Sword/shield.

Share codes. No massive online marketplace. Both players have to be playing at the same time, enter their unique code and then finally trade.

Meanwhile the GTS allowed you to upload a Pokemon, specify what Pokemon you wanted for trade and just wait until someone in the world agreed to your terms and have the trade done automatically.

maxresdefault.jpg

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
Which part confirms that it "Contains Multiplayer code from Let's Go" and does that mean programming code or the Pokemon face codes?

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I hope to see you lot in the next Fallout 76 topic vehemently defending Bethesda from snark.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Okay, thanks I guess. I take it this is where people traded Pokémon to one another?

Basically prior the only way to do trades was face-to-face using link cables or having someone on your friendlist. With GTS, you could literally trade with randos online and request specific pokemon for the pokemon you were offering. It's what made actually completing the Pokedex relatively streamlined and easy.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Also, thats not code lol, thats a text document, probably a CSV file.

This literally means nothing and proves nothing

You're right that it's not code, but it's a dump of all the text in the game, including menu options. If it were hidden away, explanations of how to find or use it would be in this, unless it's named something entirely different which I doubt.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats on contributing to an increasingly toxic environment by using that hashtag

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Way to shit all over a hashtag that was used to comfort Game Freak employees after all the harrasment they've been through. Great work.

edit: y'all are fucking embarrassing holy shit
preeetty much

I said something similar before, but the Pokemon fandom on here is looking pretty bad right now.

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not saying it's not bad, but they asked if it was the way to trade.
It's like, the easiest and by far the most convenient way to trade. There are other ways sure, but I would let almost anyone asking about trading know how much harder it'll be to get a specific Pokémon in this game.

Dunban_Fyuria

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe you shouldn't mock a hashtag that was used as a way for some fans to express what the series meant to them, how it helped them through rough times, and to show support to gamefreak when they were/are dealing with a lot of harassment.

Just a thought.

Anyways hopefully they have another feature that's similar to GTS but called something else, but who knows (Not really paying too much attention to all the leaks).