• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Stuff like this is just so blatantly anti consumer, and I'm surprised that so many here are defending it.

we're paying for NSO, and these are full, $60 games. Stuff like this is unacceptable.

Oh good the anti-consumer verbiage is kicking in. Tempted to just ignore all Pokémon threads here.

Jan 31, 2018
GTS was one of my favourite additions. This blows.

Honestly, Gamefreak just seems like mess with their decision making process right now. Hopefully they right the ship soon or I'll just have to ignore future entries. Such a shame the direction they've gone in.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
How is this evidence of an unfinished game? It's a fog effect that's supposed to lower visibility. The game isn't rendering what you're not supposed to be able to see so there's pop in and that means it's unfinished? What?

It's no secret that GF aren't graphics ninjas, but this stuff just comes off like salty gamers looking for anything to jump on them for.

hn6opxA.jpg
The pop-in on those trees has nothing to do with fog. it's the exact same for everything in the game that's not a part of the background no matter what the weather is.

Edit: evidence

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Another decision I just don't get. At least there are other games to play coming out around this time.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
Link codes.

Meaning you're either limited to trading with people near you so you can swap codes (good chance they don't have what you want), or you have to search out internet forums online and communicate with them and swap link codes just to get what you want.
Geez nobody got time for that

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Oh good the anti-consumer verbiage is kicking in. Tempted to just ignore all Pokémon threads here.
Maybe not as far as anti-consumer. But how would you feel if a ten year old free feature was suddenly stripped away and put into a paid service (under the assumption it'll even be in home)?

Oct 25, 2017
oh no a minor visual bug
It would just be that if that were the only situation that stood out or it hadn't been nailed perfectly in every single game prior.
How is this evidence of an unfinished game? It's a fog effect that's supposed to lower visibility. The game isn't rendering what you're not supposed to be able to see so there's pop in and that means it's unfinished? What?
Name a single game that handles fog with pop-in. With video evidence please.

Also that's not even exclusive to fog:

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

It's no secret that GF aren't graphics ninjas, but this stuff just comes off like salty gamers looking for anything to jump on them for.

hn6opxA.jpg
Not sure what's more sad, that you can't see the terrible pop in of the berry trees literally 5-8 feet from the player, or that you immediately result to "mmm yes i want your salty tears".

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018

hn6opxA.jpg
The irony of you posting this image is that Let's Go legitimately looks better and more polished than SwSh. The pop-in in the clips you're responding to are not because of fog effects. They're present in literally the entire game. There's another clip out there of a player running down the main street of the big industrial city and an Onix suddenly pops into existence like 10 feet in front of him. There's a clip of trainers popping out of existence during a battle when one of the Pokemon uses a move and then popping back in once the move is complete.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
At this point, just accept whatever they release with whatever they've cut because if we complain, we are harassing the employees of Game Freak.

Where's that Miyamotto quote about delaying games if they aren't ready? If time is the real reason well damn GF, Bank, GTS and Dexit all at once is pretty nuts. Not to mention the game essentially plays itself now with exp all being auto enabled. I digress, it'll sell boat loads anyway and life will move on.

PieShark

Oct 25, 2017

Based on some of the stuff we have seen I'm not sure it's necessarily a fog thing.

Edit: Beaten to it.

TheWill

Sep 24, 2018
User warned: inappropriate drive-by
#ThankYouGameFreak.

You've lost a passionate member that has supported you since childhood. Just disappointment after disappointment.

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
It's amusing when I see all the negativity for stuff like this pre-release and then watch it instantly disappear as the game is released at retail to huge sales.

As for this specific trading system, they likely looked at the data and saw that very few people ever used GTS so they were doing a big favor by removing such an unpopular option from the menu systems thereby making them less cumbersome.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's so cute you're framing it as speaking up or express dislike. I think we both know that you know whats really happening.

It's not so cute that you're pretending like what he said isn't happening my dude.

Earlier today people were saying the spoiler thread was just like vp, with nary a slur in sight.

The dishonesty has to stop.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If your focus in this thread is on "toxic fandom" and not the removal of an online quality of life feature that's been in the series for over a goddamn decade, you need to reassess what your expectations for Pokémon are.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
It would just be that if that were the only situation that stood out or it hadn't been nailed perfectly in every single game prior.

Name a single game that handles fog with pop-in. With video evidence please.

Also that's not even exclusive to fog:

Look, maybe the player character is so near-sighted, he couldn't see an giant rock snake from twenty feet away. We should thank Game Freak for simulating his condition.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
oh no a minor visual bug

There's A LOT MORE EXAMPLES.

How is it possible that we're still defending this!?

If this was EA or Bethesda it would be considered unacceptable!

This is an AAA switch game that looks like this:
llkTEPG_d.jpg

While removing TONS of content, even online functionality to maybe sell it back to you in a monthly paid app!!

TiC

Banned
Jul 12, 2019
I wish there was some way to completely remove Game Freak from the franchise, they stink.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
It's amusing when I see all the negativity for stuff like this pre-release and then watch it instantly disappear as the game is released at retail to huge sales.

As for this specific trading system, they likely looked at the data and saw that very few people ever used GTS so they were doing a big favor by removing such an unpopular option from the menu systems thereby making them less cumbersome.

Removing features and content is a favor now. Okay.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
😂Come on! Hiding GTS behind a paid subscription (Home) would be anti consumer. It's been a major part of the online suite for a decade.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
If I cared I would just pay for the service.
Bu-but it shouldn't have happened in the first place. Like how is that not clear?

LMAO The GTS, not popular, please. You dropped the "/s"

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Yeah, this is pretty much on the mark. Having 2 version was egregious enough, but at least they gave you the means to get most, if not all pokemon without too much effort between GTS and free Mystery Event giveaways for legendaries. Then they introduced Bank, which was a bit of a bummer being a paid service, but it allowed the easiest way of transferring pokemon between all the 3DS games (even the R/B re-releases).

But now they've cut the pokemon meaning to play with certain pokemon that were cut you need to buy whatever game contains them. They're removed GTS making it further harder to trade for pokemon not in your specific game version. And Home is one way with every game, but SWSH. It really all does seem made to do force you to purchase more. And I get it, they're a business so that's their goal, but it's getting egregious at this point

The thing is, All they wuld need to do to make a bank off of MTX would be allow peopel topay real money to buy an item to turn a single pokemon shiny.
They would have made millions in days.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
I think it's very very possible that they plan on reintroducing it with Pokemon Home.

It's a pretty scummy business practice and even though I personally don't use or care about the GTS at all, I really don't think there's any defense for this one.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019

This honestly reads like a parody.