• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
If your focus in this thread is on "toxic fandom" and not the removal of an online quality of life feature that's been in the series for over a goddamn decade, you need to reassess what your expectations for Pokémon are.
Nobody knows what (if anything) is going to replace it.

Nobody knows why it was removed.

Nobody who's salty has played the game yet.

Y'all are toxic as fuck, and I find it sad. Try being a fan of a franchise with actual bad games.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
They still have a Wonder Trade equivalent, just renamed. I guess we should have not assumed there more more trading features than we saw in the Y-Comm menu
9_4_trading_1.jpg
giphy.gif

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
Wait, there is no Wonder Trade as well?
Shit. I really enjoyed the design of the new Pokemon and games, but I really can't spend 60 bucks on this. No Gts, no Wonder trade and no Gen 1/2/3 pokemon (at least a lot of them) mean I have to pass for now.
I still got to play Luigi's Mansion 3, so...

EDIT: Oh, there's the Surprise trade! I'm back in

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Shit. I really enjoyed the design of the new Pokemon and games, but I really can't spend 60 bucks on this. No Gts, no Wonder trade and no Gen 1/2/3 pokemon (at least a lot of them) mean I have to pass for now.
Wonder trade is still in, just under a different name

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's like the Fire Emblem fandom and Pokemon fandom did a switcharoo in terms of volatility.
Fire Emblem fans (Gladly one of them) were rewarded with one of the best Fire Emblem games in the series for both old and new fans. On the other hand, we have Gamefreak making some ok decisions to improve QOL for new players, but at the same time low key telling older fans to fuck off by removing more features than we got new.

Even more hilarious, Intelligent Systems barely had anything to do with FE3H. Would wonder how things would have turned out if TPC/Gamefreak weren't so uptight, and let another developer with more experience/manpower handle the series.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yikes those fucking GIFs, wtf.

Half the Pokemon Thanos-snapped, no GTS and this pop-in extravaganza with that distinctive Turok fog and shit. Criticism are legit and deserved.

I'm in no way supporting the harassment of devs or death threats or any of that shit. I feels silly to have to clarify that, but these last Pokemon threads are making it feel essential because people are quick to throw everyone in the same bucket.

Something went wrong here, I mean, look at all this shit happening, this is not acceptable. I can't believe this is the state of a main entry Pokemon game in 2019. Higher ups should've given this game an extra year in the oven, no doubt.

Jalen

Dec 18, 2017
Wonder Trade appears to still be in, now named surprise trade.

capnjazz

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Byrgenwerth
I don't want to get banned or warned, so I won't use the hashtag but thanks a ton for removing features for no apparent reason, GameFreak. I already have the game preloaded but I feel like such a jackass for paying money for this. The removal of essential moves and announcing the removal mere days before the game releases is shady.

There's clearly going to be a method to trade online, but the way they're going about announcing all this and not being transparent is extremely annoying.

Dec 21, 2017
User warned: inappropriate drive-by
#FuckYouGameFreak

It's only monday and somehow i'm certain that by Friday we're going to learn a few more things have been cut from it.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Do we need a new thread on every single thing? its bad enough with that title shitting on anyone who was using that hashtag unironically.

New thread for new news - even if you don't like it because it's negative, lmao.

The hashtag use ain't necessary, but this game has gone from a maybe to a likely never for me at this point.

GF sure is on a feature destruction trend tho.

The removal of essential moves and announcing the removal mere days before the game releases is shady.

They haven't 'announced' it at all, it's been datamined.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Why would they bother to support a feature designed around helping you collect Pokémon in the same entry where they're telling their fans that primarily play to collect all Pokémon to kindly fuck off? I'm not even remotely surprised. They simply don't care about this portion of their fan base anymore, and as a result I simply don't care about their franchise.

Namikaze1

Oct 25, 2017
It's amusing when I see all the negativity for stuff like this pre-release and then watch it instantly disappear as the game is released at retail to huge sales.

As for this specific trading system, they likely looked at the data and saw that very few people ever used GTS so they were doing a big favor by removing such an unpopular option from the menu systems thereby making them less cumbersome.
This is sarcasm right? Right?! Cause what?! Unpopular? GTS was how so many got a living dex the last couple gens. I am one of those people. Made it easier to trade for the pokemon you wanted without dealing with shit like link codes.

Edit: dammit. Fell for it.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
Nobody knows what (if anything) is going to replace it.

Nobody knows why it was removed.

Nobody who's salty has played the game yet.

Y'all are toxic as fuck, and I find it sad. Try being a fan of a franchise with actual bad games.
Wrong, we have access to the entirety of the game's code by now.

Correct, we don't, lol.

Yes, some people have played it.

I am a Sonic, Paper Mario and KH fan, it's okay to criticize my favorite franchises.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I am sure you expressed this same level of outrage at backlash when it came to No Man's Sky.
Or Anthem
Or Fall Out 76
Or Battlefront 2
Or...
I wasn't invested in any of those games at all, I knew they weren't for me at the start. can't really remember posting in any threads with them.

pokemon I'm not a fan of but I still follow the series

not really sure what you're getting at here?
Oh no sarcasm, how dare they?

There's a lot fucking worse people can do then ironically use a hashtag but you people act like they're throwing racial slurs.
Just saying, it doesn't help you

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017
so more or, much less, than what I expected. its a transition game like gba to ds. oh well I am still col with it.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
There's A LOT MORE EXAMPLES.

How is it possible that we're still defending this!?

If this was EA or Bethesda it would be considered unacceptable!

This is an AAA switch game that looks like this:
llkTEPG_d.jpg

While removing TONS of content, even online functionality to maybe sell it back to you in a monthly paid app!!

Its so damn crazy just how much better a game like Atelier Ryza a AA niche rpg looks compared to the newest game in one of the biggest videogame franchises ever. I don't think S&S could be further away from what people were expecting from the first main Pokemon game on a console

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I mean, if you want to say they look bad, I agree, but to say the game is unfinished just makes you look like just another salty #Bringbackthenational Pokedex fanboy.

Dude, what modern AAA game has that level of pop-in? Optimisation and technical improvements are part of a dev cycle.
It does look like their LOD system is unfinished.

If this were made by EA, or Ubisoft, or Bethesda they'd be criticised to hell and back.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Dude, what modern AAA game has that level of pop-in? Optimisation and technical improvements are part of a dev cycle.
It does look like their LOD system is unfinished.

If this were made by EA, or Ubisoft, or Bethesda they'd be criticised to hell and back.

We know this is true, Ghost Recon Breakpoint got killed by critics and fans for bad pop in.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't invested in any of those games at all, can't really remember posting in any threads with them.

pokemon I'm not a fan of but I still follow the series

not really sure what you're getting at here?
I'm getting at this being light work compared to the way those games got lambasted and not a god damn peep.