• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh no sarcasm, how dare they?

There's a lot fucking worse people can do then ironically use a hashtag but you people act like they're throwing racial slurs.

It's childish. We had a topic about a hashtag that was trending where gamers would thank a developer for nostalgic memories.

This industry is known for fan toxicity and harsh working conditions. Developers are in the middle of that and rarely get thanks, just hatred from fans and job losses from publishers.

So it was nice to see something positive trending but it was disgusting that topic got derailed when there are already existing topics in place to discuss the issues people have. This is where I think "This is why we can't have nice things" is appropriate because even when something is explicitly made with the intent to be positive, people will drag it down.

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
The one series that DEvolves generation after generation. I wonder when this downward spiral will end. I look forward to that day.

I guess GF needs new leadership. The current one ain't doing it.

Soltis

Feb 28, 2019
United States
I've just been so bummed out by all the recent news.

I'm holding out hope that maybe there's an equivalent feature included somehow. We shall see.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Half the Pokémon
More than a hundred moves gutted
No GTS other than wonder trade
Horrible graphics (characters pop in within a few feet of you arriving to them, outdated and broken animations even in cutscenes)
$20 higher price tag
Twice the development time

But at least our Pokémon can be giant and there's an area where they randomly shuffle around live after spawning into reality via pop-in.

What is going on with whoever is making these decisions?

This game is not for me and I seriously canceled my pre-order and literally ordered Pokémon Black 2 instead. I never played it and it's a fun gen for me to try out.

Fuck Game Freak

Last edited:

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Try being a fan of a franchise with actual bad games.

I think you repressed this shit.

7ZshPJn_d.jpg

Lysandre was like Thanos written by a five year old.

TiC

Banned
Jul 12, 2019
Concluding that some people act childish automatically makes a person a Game Freak supporter?
I didn't say all people criticizing are GF supporters, just that GF supporters who do so are toxic.
If they are a third party observer, I don't really have any opinion to say about them really.

eathdemon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We've been having "transition" games since XY. At what point will Gamefreak not be playing massive catch up on whatever system they're on?
I mean dids you use the d/3ds online. all things considered pokemon's online was ahead pof what was found in other games. gamefreak has been nintendo's most compatant online dev for awhile. sw/sh seems to be a new engine, so it seems they have to rebuild everything.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
First preorder I ever cancelled. Game never looked great to begin with but this past week has been rough. This game needed more time in the oven, like, November 2020 time.

Nay

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I really can't believe they removed the GTS when it was a feature in the games for over a decade. There is no excuse for this at all.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
So much concern trolling over the hashtag use. It's not "cruel" to be sarcastic towards a company that makes millions off the most lucrative media franchise in the world. It's not "cruel" to complain that a game series's features and content are regressing while the games now cost $60 compared to the $40 they used to. Saying #ThankYouGameFreak over something like this is not the equivalent of finding a Game Freak employee and rubbing their nose in harassment. It's an extremely mild way of expressing discontent in the grand scheme of things, so just because y'all SAY it's cruel to the devs doesn't make it so. It's directed at the company, which is not, in fact, your friend. Not to say that cruelty towards the devs hasn't happened and that it shouldn't be condemned when it does happen, but save it for when that's actually happening.

Order

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What a bunch of selfish entitled whiners

Just shut up and give them your money like a good person

Oct 27, 2017
I mean dids you use the d/3ds online. all things considered pokemon's online was ahead pof what was found in other games. gamefreak has been nintendo's most compatant online dev for awhile. sw/sh seems to be a new engine, so it seems they have to rebuild everything.
Yeah, the PSS was excellent (and then they removed it for some reason). I'm just saying people keeping using that same excuse with every game of theirs since 3DS. At a certain point they need to not be playing catchup acclimating to whatever new system they're developing on

Treythalomew

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be honest, this might be one of the worse cut things for me. I love making a complete living dex and even if I have a couple friends playing the other version, I still don't want to be hitting them up to send me exactly everything I need. GTS was great for finding certain Pokemon that you wanted for decent trades. There was always some trash but lots of people used it.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
GTS was amazing, especially for trade evolutions and such. Made achieving my living dex in ORAS much easier. Hopefully there's something similar in SS.

Nov 2, 2017
Goddamn, won't people stop and think of the game company that's made millions upon millions of dollars for years now when they so carelessly and sarcastically use a hashtag that was created to squash warranted criticism?

SMH at these Pokemon "fans" and their expectations of years-old features on a game that costs 50% more

capnjazz

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Byrgenwerth
So much concern trolling over the hashtag use. It's not "cruel" to be sarcastic towards a company that makes millions off the most lucrative media franchise in the world. It's not "cruel" to complain that a game series's features and content are regressing while the games now cost $60 compared to the $40 they used to. Saying #ThankYouGameFreak over something like this is not the equivalent of finding a Game Freak employee and rubbing their nose in harassment. It's an extremely mild way of expressing discontent in the grand scheme of things, so just because y'all SAY it's cruel to the devs doesn't make it so. It's directed at the company, which is not, in fact, your friend. Not to say that cruelty towards the devs hasn't happened and that it shouldn't be condemned when it does happen, but save it for when that's actually happening.

Great post, hope I don't get reprimanded for supporting it.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Those gifs...man I gotta wait for proper reviews to hit. Wild Area is far too bland to be running that poorly. Has Pokemon at any point in it's history had terrible performance?

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
This one is a story spoiler. But anyone doubting this game is unfinished and thinks that the Pokémon/Move/Online cuts were made in the name of better models and animations NEEDS to see this.