• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Brv17v6.png

This is the only mention of GTS in the coding.
Source: https://github.com/CPokemon/swsh-text?files=1

Last edited:

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
For context, this is from the entire text dump of the game. Beyond leftover data, there's no indication the GTS, a ten year plus old feature, is in the game.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Never played nor have I seen the trade function in Let's Go before.
How exactly did it work? Did you need friend codes or something?

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
As someone who does't really have the means to collect pokemon with friends GF can mess off with this.

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
Coulda done without the facetious use of that hashtag in the title, but...

Damning if true. That will hurt trading in this game a lot if it's absent.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
the GTS did not require friendcodes. You could put a mon up for trade and request a specific mon in exchange. It was an amazing way to get version exclusives.

Can someone translate this into English please. What's gts?
The Global Trade Station. It's been with the franchise since Diamond and Pearl.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Way to shit all over a hashtag that was used to comfort Game Freak employees after all the harrasment they've been through. Great work.

edit: y'all are fucking embarrassing holy shit

Last edited:

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot stand how #ThankYouGameFreak turned into such a sign of facetious mockery.

Pathetic and cruel. Just unbelievable.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't this known already? They have a different system other than GTS, pretty sure.

Also drop it with the snarky use of that hashtag.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the first mainline release since Red and Blue that I give zero shits about. What is GameFreak doing?

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
User warned: inappropriate drive-by
#ThankYouGamefreak

Also OP please explain what the GTS is so regular peeps understand why this is fucking bullshit

Naudyboy

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 6, 2019
the GTS did not require friendcodes. You could put a mon up for trade and request a specific mon in exchange. It was an amazing way to get version exclusives.

Okay, thanks I guess. I take it this is where people traded Pokémon to one another?

Oct 27, 2017
Basically it was a system where you could request a pokemon and put one up for trade and it would be done async (whenever someone accepted it), or you could search for a pokemon you wanted, see what the person wanted for it, and trade. Made it actually possible to get version exclusives without exchanging friend codes or getting both versions as has been in the series since online was introduced in D/P back in 2006

Okay, thanks I guess. I take it this is where people traded Pokémon to one another?
If you didn't want to exchange friend codes and didn't want to organize a real time trade with someone, yes

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Unacceptable. Flat out unacceptable.

Watch the GTS be in the Home app (which will likely have a subscription attached to it).

Insult to the fans and an extremely manipulative business practice.

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty much an online marketplace for Pokemon. You put up a Pokemon of yours and ask for one in return (for example you could put up your Lv.17 Raichu asking for a Lv.1-5 Charmander). If the Pokemon is traded online, you'd get your Charmander next time you logged in.

It is notably the ONLY way to ask for a specific Pokemon in a trade without directly contacting the person you're trading with, as well as the only way to passively trade when you're not online at the immediate moment.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
That title is misleading. It doesn't contain multi-player code from Let's Go. It contains leftover strings from Let's Go. And Let's Go had leftover strings from USUM.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coulda done without the facetious use of that hashtag in the title, but...

Damning if true. That will hurt trading in this game a lot if it's absent.

Same, the facetious use of the hashtag from the hostile fanbase just pathetic.

Global Trade station, you put up a Pokémon for a trade and requested one in return.

Say I could put a Charmander up for trade and request a Pikachu in return, it was a great way to get all the Pokémon on one cart.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Cutting GTS sucks but the hashtag is just really petty and invites hostility and arguing.

This is why people think critics of these games (like myself) are entitled and toxic and what have you.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
Just because it doesn't feature the text string "GTS" people are going to assume there is no equivalent feature or that it exists but is called something else??

Holy shit people

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Basically it was a system where you could request a pokemon and put one up for trade and it would be done async (whenever someone accepted it), or you could search for a pokemon you wanted, see what the person wanted for it, and trade. Made it actually possible to get version exclusives without exchanging friend codes or getting both versions as has been in the series since online was introduced in D/P back in 2006

If you didn't want to exchange friend codes and didn't want to organize a real time trade with someone, yes
That's the GTS. What's the Let's Go method? Thread title says the Let's Go multiplayer code is in Sword/shield.

VinceK

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It is sad to see that they dropped GTS in the game, but it is also almost down right depressing to see how #ThankYouGameFreak has just turned into something people are just using to shit all over GameFreak now when it was created to comfort those employees after all the harassment they went through.