• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Samsung used to make fun of Apple when they removed headphone jack? Lol.. This is bad.
They also made fun of the notch and then released a phone (well, almost) that has a fat huge notch on one side and displays with cutouts lol. Nothing unexpected about the phone losing the headphone jack, I'm surprised it took them this long.

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Sticking with the 9 for awhile then. I don't understand why this is so popular and a thing. Having options is best for the customer and plenty of people still get use out of that jack.

As a primary user of bluetooth headphones, I like being able to quickly plug in my wired earbuds when the battery is charging or letting my kids plug in their own cheap headphones vs using my expensive wireless ones. Sucks that everyone is pushing this tech away for a cheap excuse to increase profits.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Samsung is out then I guess my next android phone will be a return to the mid range.

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like I'll be upgrading to a Note 9 then.

Still hoping Samsung will roll this change back in a future phone. They already once removed the SD card slot then put it back.

enanogrande

Oct 30, 2017
Is USB-C audio in any way a downgrade from the old analog connectors (In Audio quality, not annoyance)? Because I've never understood the issue with people saying "My old sennheiser/sony/shure reference mics don't work" when you can just grab a $5 adapter and have it on the cable all the time. It's what I do with my headphones (I got the adapter for free with my iPhone, which I'll admit helps)

Not to say that I don't understand/appreciate the annoyance, but at this point it seems kinda self-defeating to go out of your way to purchase a lesser phone just because it has a jack just to continue using one specific pair of cans.