• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I probably wouldn't use it, but it's a bizzare decision, to say the least. I have no idea why Nintendo can't figure out online gaming in 2019.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
APIs can be supplemented and I fail to see how implementing a friend system that have been a solved problem for the past two decades can be a security concern unless your server infra is designed by a five year old.

Quick reminder we're talking about Nintendo where I would say they haven't proven any mastery in this area.

Deleted member 54216

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 26, 2019
220px-Mph_cover_updated.jpg

This game not only had online multiplayer with friends, but also had leaderboards, and voice chat, AND WAS FREE! In 2006!!!
Lol what a comparison

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The first Mario Maker was single player only.

We didn't even know that Mario Maker 2 had anything to do with online multiplayer until the Direct aired on May 15th. This thread began two weeks later.

So in those two weeks, people have gone from pre-ordering to play online multiplayer (based off the Direct)...to cancelling their pre-order (based off this thread).

It's a bit of an overreaction.
How is it an overreaction to want a game for a touted feature then cancel a preorder when it turns out that feature is next to useless for what it's perceived purpose was?

Seems pretty fair imo.

The original game has nothing to do with this, if all you want is the same features from the first game, play the first game, why do you even want a Sequel.

WizardMemories

Alt account
Banned
May 22, 2019
It's quite funny how much we expected around the release. The OS was just a simple placeholder, because it was soft-launch! When it was ready, the real one with proper online and messaging system, actual themes, and everything else one can expect would come, probably around Christmas 2017. :D
I'm probably too hopeful but I've always thought the Switch as a sort of Beta Console:
1) Nintendo locked online behind a paywall one year and a half after the Switch release
2) Barebones OS: no folders, voice chat, messaging friends...
3) BOTW (at launch) was a bad port probably because Nintendo wanted to launch the Switch ASAP as WiiU was completely dead and the 3DS was approaching its end.
4) The upcoming rumored Switch Lite is supposed to have a lot of new features and replace the current Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.