• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Artorias

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure many more people care about being able to play with friends than stupid ass leaderboards, jeez.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Personally I don't care as I have no friends.

All I required was being able to play co-op locally on the same machine with my wife and (I think??) thats in.

HOWEVER

I still agree its pathetic how lazy, cheap and behind the times Nintendo STILL are with this stuff WORST OF ALL is that they're charging for online now and still being lazy/cheap as shit with matchmaking etc. *shakes head*

Really makes me fear that AC is going to have shitty restrictive online.
Yeah 4 player same screen local co-op is in the game.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Haha no.. Noooo way. I refuse to believe this.

If that's true, then how about a fuck the leaderboards option?

No.. Not real. Can't be. What's the fucking point if I can't play with my friends?
I still expect local co-op to be in, despite the apparent lack of it.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These constant backwards steps/terrible choices made to ruin solved problems (from over two generations ago!) is why I'll never view Nintendo as a top developer. They make terrible decisions as often as their good ones.

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
Mario Maker 2 itself has a mode where you can play locally with friends (each on their own switch), one player has to be online for some reason, but it already excludes matchmaking!

So fucking dumb. This game went from day 1 to maybe never for me.

I dont get it, Why would you need a persistent internet connection in local play?

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
Haha no.. Noooo way. I refuse to believe this.

If that's true, then how about a fuck the leaderboards option?

No.. Not real. Can't be. What's the fucking point if I can't play with my friends?
I still expect local co-op to be in, despite the apparent lack of it.
Local co-op is in, the Gamexplain guys were able to play up to 4 players in one screen.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I mean, I'd like to think that the majority of people aren't mad that a feature that was never announced isn't included. But this is Today's Internet so ya never know.
"This is today's Internet" Lol what? This is a feature any rational being would've expected to be there. Imagine Smash not having the option to play online with your friends, you'd think that shit would fly? No! Same here, you create stages and the game encourages co-op MP, so it's to be expected that you'd be able to play with friends online. Don't downplay this shit, it only makes it easier for Nintendo to offer a lesser product even now that they're charging for online play.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
I dont get it, Why would you need a persistent internet connection in local play?
Presumably it uses the "play random user-made levels from around the world" format that the global multiplayer uses.

I mean, I'd like to think that the majority of people aren't mad that a feature that was never announced isn't included. But this is Today's Internet so ya never know.
They announced online co-op without mentioning that you can't play co-op with friends. That's on them.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I mean we still dont have online multiplayer in Mario Party and its 2019. Sometimes I think online in Mario Kart was just a fluke.
Let me put this right here /s

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the gamexplain video, when Nintendo respsonded to them about multiplayer with friends Nintendo said this is the case "as of now"

This suggests to me it will be updated

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Maybe I don't get what you mean by "laugh it up", but yes I find many posts in this thread hillarious.
Yeah I also find it hilarious when a company keeps fucking up so bad in the same category and shows no signs of ever improving there. So funny! Get out of there with that shit.
Just watched the gamexplain video, when Nintendo respsonded to them about multiplayer with friends Nintendo said this is the case "as of now"

This suggests to me it will be updated
We don't know for sure though so Nintendo better get the message loud and clear now so that they know what they need to do.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mario Maker 2 itself has a mode where you can play locally with friends (each on their own switch), one player has to be online for some reason, but it already excludes matchmaking!

So fucking dumb. This game went from day 1 to maybe never for me.

If the lag isn't so bad, someone somewhere is going to figure out how to get Friend Play working by the host turning their PC into some sort of VPN for the remote Switch to connect to. Somehow.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
If the lag isn't so bad, someone somewhere is going to figure out how to get Friend Play working by the host turning their PC into some sort of VPN for the remote Switch to connect to. Somehow.
haha that's probably true -- if they connect over wifi you could try using hamachi or something.

Koeta

Dec 12, 2017
really a bummer but not unexpected from Nintendo, I was day 1 for multiplayer with friends now I'm just sitting here thinking why did they even bother with online multiplayer if you can't play with your friends online? may as well just call it local only.

teacup

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seriously anyone defending Nintendo on this shit in 2019 needs to be pointed to this thread until Nintendo make it clear they give a shit. This is what we are paying a fee for now!?

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
User banned (3 days): trolling and antagonizing other users over a series of posts; history of similar behavior
Yeah I also find it hilarious when a company keeps fucking up so bad in the same category and shows no signs of ever improving there. So funny! Get out of there with that shit.

a10aee37a7e56dbcefae95ef4429af4df37ca634aa792de7057101e662049c94.jpg

Sure, go on, you think I'm the problem because I find it hillarious that there's people getting so worked up that "they want the game to fail to send a message", good luck with that anyway.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
a10aee37a7e56dbcefae95ef4429af4df37ca634aa792de7057101e662049c94.jpg

Sure, go on, you think I'm the problem because I find it hillarious that there's people getting so worked up that "they want the game to fail to send a message", good luck with that anyway.
Do I want the game to fail? I absolutely adored Mario Maker on Wii U and that's why I'm very excited about this new entry. My "hate" is actually desire for the game to be better, I want it to have features it should have and for it to offer an option that should totally be there. At least try to be a better kind of troll because the obvious kind doesn't cut it anymore. I can give you some classes if you'd like, I do charge high though and you look like you'll need plenty of training.

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
Do I want the game to fail? I absolutely adored Mario Maker on Wii U and that's why I'm very excited about this new entry. My "hate" is actually desire for the game to be better, I want it to have features it should have and for it to offer an option that should totally be there. At least try to be a better kind of troll because the obvious kind doesn't cut it anymore. I can give you some classes if you'd like, I do charge high though and you look like you'll need plenty of training.

That wasn't directed to you, even though there're posts that say that in this thread. Either way you're getting a little too worked up for this whole thing, feel free to call me a troll if it helps you to relax fellow poster.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
ABSOLUTE stupidity. And I thought the DS/Wii days were stupid. This is next level.

I expect a wave of "FIX ONLINE" courses on launch day.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
That would require them to know what they're doing unfortunately

Nintendo doesn't know what it's doing? Explain that to me and then explain their current success.

Nintendo really screwed up with the marketing here - if they hadn't announced any online multiplayer and then "surprised" us with online vs. Randos, nobody would be upset. Instead, people are pissed off because a feature they ASSUMED exisred doesn't exist.

ASSUMED being the key word there.

Ganransu

Nov 21, 2017
Like, I wasn't that interested in the game to begin with, my level design skill is too good, but if enough of my friends got it, I would be happy to buy it just to play with them. But naw, Nintendo would rather I save my money.

Thanks, Nintendo.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
Pokemon Sleep/GO++ is aimed at improving your sleep.

Super Mario Maker 2 is aimed at improving your total number of IRL friends.

/s

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon Sleep/GO++ is aimed at improving your sleep.

Super Mario Maker 2 is aimed at improving your total number of IRL friends.

/s

Super Mario Maker 2 is also aimed at improving your sleep, because with dumb design decisions like this, you can skip it and rest up for the next game instead.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
This is dumb as fuck. Hopefully they patch that shit in. I can't comprehend the stream of confusing decisions involving online play and connectivity from Nintendo.

That said, I'm surprised a pretty good chunk of people in this thread seemed to only plan on buying this to play the online multiplayer (that we only just learned about) with friends.

Saikar

Nov 3, 2017
If it was a Nintendo game with an online experience that gave you what you wanted, would it REALLY be a Nintendo game?

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Man and I almost bought the game when pre-order discount went live. The eShop kept refusing all my cards (my country doesn't have eShop) so I was looking for cheaper eShop cards from 3rd party sites. Now I'll just not bother with it.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I think you need to relax.
I'm quite chill, but I'm not one to not call out bullshit. That's just me and that shit ain't going away.
Nintendo doesn't know what it's doing? Explain that to me and then explain their current success.

ASSUMED being the key word there.
Because it is such a goddamn basic feature in 2019, hell, 10 years ago even. And yes, one would assume that with a paid service and a game focusing on co-op building and co-op stage clearing, Nintendo would be reasonable enough to make this a mode for online play, considering it's also available as a local multi Switch mode. Who the fuck cares about Nintendo's success despite their fuck ups? One doesn't negate the other, one can discuss a company's screwups irrespective of their home runs. See plenty of people (including me) giving shit to Sony for their absolutely terrible PlayStation Classic and their stupid stance on cross-progression and cross-play with other consoles. Lol at using Nintendo's success as a way to downplay their incompetence when it comes to online features, it's laughable.
You do kind of need to relax and as a Peruvian to another Peruvian please don't act like that and then go advertise you are a Peruvian. It makes Peru look bad.
Yo estoy bien calmado, pero como ya dije arriba, si leo que alguien escribe huevadas pues le voy a responder. Cojudeces no aguanto y me llega al pincho que algunos actúen como si no pasara nada con esto, hasta pena me da porque yo sí quiero que Nintendo mejore cuando se trata del online, pero parece que a algunos conformistas no les interesa, y pues yo no soy un conformista. Si me jode algo de Nintendo, lo digo, igual con Sony y Microsoft.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Their current financial success regarding the Switch doesn't negate their continued failure to implement online functionality properly.

I own and love the Switch and I'm buying MM day one (this issue doesn't affect me personally in the slightest) but Nintendo's online functionality is shit and always has been, from the Wii onward.

Perhaps it's a testament to the quality of their games that they can continually get away with this nonsense but let's be honest and call it out for what it is and not hide behind their financials.

Nintendo has never done online well and I think we can all reasonably agree that needs to change. And given their talent and experience, it doesn't make much sense that it continues to be so lackluster.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
Their current financial success regarding the Switch doesn't negate their continued failure to implement online functionality properly.

I own and love the Switch and I'm buying MM day one (this issue doesn't affect me personally in the slightest) but Nintendo's online functionality is shit and always has been, from the Wii onward.

Perhaps it's a testament to the quality of their games that they can continually get away with this nonsense but let's be honest and call it out for what it is and not hide behind their financials.

Nintendo has never done online well and I think we can all reasonably agree that needs to change. And given their talent and experience, it doesn't make much sense that it continues to be so lackluster.

I have criticisms of the Switch as well but their is constructive expression and downright petulant and unhinged childish outbursts. It is getting tiresome and certainly wasn't like it is now back when everyone migrated from the "other" site.

I'm not saying you were like this specifically but generally this is what it has been like for awhile.

RadioJoNES

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Their language in the direct VERY CAREFULLY flirted with the idea of letting you play with friends online.

ooM1qC.gif

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
So many people will buy this assuming you can play with friends online because it's basic shit that's expected. God damn there will be so many disapointed customers.

Aramon

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I have criticisms of the Switch as well but their is constructive expression and downright petulant and unhinged childish outbursts. It is getting tiresome and certainly wasn't like it is now back when everyone migrated from the "other" site.

I'm not saying you were like this specifically but generally this is what it has been like for awhile.
This.
Constructive criticisms is fine but these constant outbursts and hate train shit posting is getting annoying.

Also it's hilarious how some posters here always likes to complain Nintendo but a while ago some of them had no problem defending Sony cross play policy.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I can't control what other people do, I just know that my own aggravation at Nintendo's archaic approach to online functionality is echoed in many of the sentiments in here, petulant or otherwise.

And yes, people overreact but that's why the Ignore feature is a godsend. :)

WhiskerFrisker

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City

It was just the same on Gaf what are you talking about?

Oct 30, 2017
What an utterly idiotic decision by Nintendo. What the fuck were they thinking? I don't have NSO to play with ransoms in games like this. I have it to play with my friends. How is Nintendo this incompetent when it comes to network features?

Status
Not open for further replies.