• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Just discussed on Sajam's stream, there seems to be some confusion over the PC version of Samurai Shodown.

The SNK community manager says in the clip below: "When we say PC release, we use it like a general term. When you guys say PC release, it's not exactly the same as when we say PC release."

He later said the following on Twitter:

So...what's going on here?

Edit:

Sorry for bumping this thread up but apparently there IS a PC version in the works according to SNK's community manager and we'll hear about it soon.

Text:

Actually, He confirmed it back in December on a livestream:

twitter.com

Oyaji kofas.orochinagi.com #WWEXKOFAS on Twitter

“"SNK never answers my questions about Samsho on PC" well ... they do, kind of? 2 days ago on livestream https://t.co/BbuuGltrWj”

Last edited:

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
How did they make a communication error like that? Stadia is not PC! Would suck if Samurai Shodown is a console-only game when KoF XIV was on PC. Speaking of which, still no date for NA Switch release?

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
"When we say PC release, we use it like a general term. When you guys say PC release, it's not exactly the same as when we say PC release."

Pardon my French but the fuck is this? PC release is not a PC release fuckin throw them into the sea.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that's crappy.

Have they mentioned the Switch version for outside of Japan at all?

It's less than a month away from launch in Japan IIRC.

Oct 29, 2017
Ugh, that would be awful.

I have a Switch, too, so I could play it on that, but I wanted it on PC. MY own PC, not Google's.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ha, and people were hailing SNK as heroes for rejecting EGS exclusivity deal because they thought that they could get more money not going exclusive

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Did they forgot stadia is pretty much unplayable at half of the world?

Did Google payed them to do this?

Where is my switch version?

OP
OP
Jaded Alyx

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Someone needs to get some clarification on this. It's very suspicious as the previously announced PC version has seemingly disappeared.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That would be enormously shitty, especially after their bullshit about how they would not accept Epic's money hats.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
So we're taking a niche genre on PC (Fighting Games), without crossplay (already a death sentence for a PC fighting game), and launching it on what will be a miniscule platform. Netplay is going to be dead from day one. Talk about signing your own death warrant.

May 18, 2018
This has to be the worst marketing speak I've heard recently. I'm I now too old to know that there are multiple types of PCs? Is Stadia being called a pc?

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Didn't the director or someone state that they turned down a large sum of money for it to be exclusive on PC to one specific platform? And they turned it down because they thought having it be on all PC platforms would be more profitable? What the hell happened to that?

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
I wonder if this wasn't the intention but the console sales not lighting the world on fire has encouraged them to make a deal...

Glad I didn't wait, but was planning to double dip.

OP
OP
Jaded Alyx

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't the director or someone state that they turned down a large sum of money for it to be exclusive on PC to one specific platform? And they turned it down because they thought having it be on all PC platforms would be more profitable? What the hell happened to that?
Maybe it will come to Stadia first, then the PC platforms later. Who knows at this point.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Wow.

Imagine sacrificing one of the major releases of your game on an experiment.

This is a poor move if true.

QxQl1zi.gif

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Found what I was talking about

The developers were approached by an unnamed PC platform looking to release SamSho exclusively for their launcher under the condition that they reached a pre-order of 'hundreds of thousands' of copies, but the deal was reportedly rejected by SNK's CEO because he believes that the game can / will sell above 1 million copies without it.
So, uhh, SNK
How do you expect to sell 1mil+ copies on PC when it's been 5 months since console launch without single even a mention of the PC ports within that time frame
As someone who's waiting for the PC port: what the fuck are you doing over there

Primus

Oct 25, 2017

Well you see, that was in reference to a PC release. Now we're talking about a PC release, and that's different because it is. Different. PC.

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
This fuckin sucks if it's true but makes total sense given how cagey they've been about the PC release.

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, this is literally the opposite of what PC players want. PC players prefer having more control over their games, not less.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Well you see, that was in reference to a PC release. Now we're talking about a PC release, and that's different because it is. Different. PC.
I mean, technically, the PC release already happened. I own a PC that's called a PlayStation 4 that can play Samurai Shodown. My PS4 is a computer that is personal (I'm the sole owner of it). You see, when I say PC release, I use it like a general term. When you guys say PC release, it's not exactly the same as when I say PC release.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
What the hell?!

I'm gonna think it's just a way for them to have more people buying the Stadia version first before announcing the real (local) PC version next.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I hope the fuck not.
I have tested both Stadia and Xcloud or whatever the fuck it's called.

GAME STREAMING SERVICES ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR FIGHTING GAMES

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
What the hell?!

I'm gonna think it's just a way for them to have more people buying the Stadia version first before announcing the real (local) PC version next.
Even if that's true, they better hope that the lion's share of connections are fucking flawless. Or else the only thing anyone is going to remember when it's rereleased is how shitty the experience was with another full interface worth of transfer in between users.

Man this is wild.