• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, they even changed the content of the game. "Uhhh, weren't you supposed to fall here?"
I've never played the remake until today.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Live and Reloaded still looks so good. What I would have given to have a Banjo remake with these visuals.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
The camera's as bad as ever, and it's still one of the most mechanically sloppy platformers ever released by a top-tier studio, but Conker is still bursting with variety and looks shockingly good for a game of its vintage. I don't know if I've ever liked the game, per se, even back in 2001, but the X1X boost is motivating me to play through it again all the same.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
Live and Reloaded still looks so good. What I would have given to have a Banjo remake with these visuals.

Sad thing is, this almost sorta happened. AFAIK it would have used similar character designs to Nuts and Bolts, but orginally, we were to get "Banjo X". It was a remake with a twist: slowly but surely, the characters would realize that they were in a remake, and would start changing stuff up. Some of it was small stuff like Banjo Tooie moves, but it sounded like the game kept going further and further until it was basically a different game by the end!

I like Nuts and Bolts, but I would have far preferred Banjo X in the end. Shame that got canceled!

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sad thing is, this almost sorta happened. AFAIK it would have used similar character designs to Nuts and Bolts, but orginally, we were to get "Banjo X". It was a remake with a twist: slowly but surely, the characters would realize that they were in a remake, and would start changing stuff up. Some of it was small stuff like Banjo Tooie moves, but it sounded like the game kept going further and further until it was basically a different game by the end!

I like Nuts and Bolts, but I would have far preferred Banjo X in the end. Shame that got canceled!

Oh I'm well aware. What could have been ):

i7WeIPR.gif[

Malm26V.png

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
I played two hours tonight and I'm blown away by how it looks and performs. MS are crushing it with BC.

f7c07255-1db1-4eb3-b807-f6f025fff871.PNG

eb373e40-13b0-4fc9-b98b-ad14010568aa.PNG

Last edited:

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I've never played Conker but the screens in the OP are freaking me out. Something about the fur looks so bad and is fucking with my eyes. I need Star Fox Adventures in 4k for my fur needs I think.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played Conker but the screens in the OP are freaking me out. Something about the fur looks so bad and is fucking with my eyes. I need Star Fox Adventures in 4k for my fur needs I think.
The effect worked in standard definition on old TVs, but yeah it doesn't hold up well on modern TVs. It looked weird on the OG Xbox blown up on a modern TV, it looks even moreso now that the game is in such a high resolution.

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
So I just put about an hour into it on my one x .Some parts look great and some things look weird. I've noticed Some ghosting or something weird in a couple spots. The fur alsolooks weird on my 65" 4K. It certainly feels more playable than the 64 version here in 2018. I forgot how bad the camera could be in this game and there feels like there is some noticeable delay in button presses. The game is still great though and I'll play all the way through it. I think it is amazing what Microsoft is doing with putting these older games up on BC. I have purchased a lot of them and will continue to do so if only to support the practice. Panzer Dragoon Orta will be up next for me!

Feb 22, 2018
So I just put about an hour into it on my one x .Some parts look great and some things look weird. I've noticed Some ghosting or something weird in a couple spots. The fur alsolooks weird on my 65" 4K. It certainly feels more playable than the 64 version here in 2018. I forgot how bad the camera could be in this game and there feels like there is some noticeable delay in button presses. The game is still great though and I'll play all the way through it. I think it is amazing what Microsoft is doing with putting these older games up on BC. I have purchased a lot of them and will continue to do so if only to support the practice. Panzer Dragoon Orta will be up next for me!
I feel like I remember a lot of those complaints being present when it first came out. Ghosting is something I remember. Game looked nice, but was clearly held back by the hardware in some spots. I also seem to recall delayed button presses for it as well. Think it's just a fault of the game itself.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Wow, they even changed the content of the game. "Uhhh, weren't you supposed to fall here?"
I've never played the remake until today.
I'm curious to see the rest of the game :)
Why won't MS use this damn IP like they should? What a waste. I'm playing this right now and would like be to see a modern Conker.
So much potential. I'm still wondering why there is no Rare kart racing game...

Let Playground make one...

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
Boy, does this game still look good on Xbox One X! It's just a shame that the platforming is rather bad and glitchy at times, which is pretty damning for a platformer. I've also encountered a few bugs, like a conversation that failed to trigger, which got me stuck for good 30 minutes (I'm playing Conker for the first time). The humour is also not really my thing, but it manages to get a chuckle out of me here and there. It's a great update, but I'm not too impressed with the game so far, although it's still engaging enough to keep me going.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Something about the OT screenshots is confusing me since I saw them, the game looks fantastic, but somehow the OT screenshots are looking like they are manually oversharpened and edited. It does not look this sharp.
This or my PAL copy looks worse cause there is so much blur.

This is from the OT:

5c540702-fbf5-41e1-9e17pq0.png

This is from me:

xq2lJpc.png

This is from the OT:

f586ee47-b410-4ce4-96xsrfr.png

This is from me:

UpcYTxC.png

Or is it just me? I have the feeling the screens from my copy are looking a little bit different, specially the first comparison looks heavenly edited.

Deleted member 2171

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's actually the same trick in both Starfox Adventures and Conker they're using for fur

The ghosting was their way of doing motion blur, they even had that in the N64 version.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Yes, the OT shots are edited, this is what it looks like when I use the photoshop sharpening filter twice.

k8syGzk.png

Quite like the OT shots.

5c540702-fbf5-41e1-9e17pq0.png

But still edited and therefore "bullshots" or "fake".

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realize the user edited the screens aside from cropping them. I'll swap them out when I'm back at my desktop.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
It's actually the same trick in both Starfox Adventures and Conker they're using for fur

The ghosting was their way of doing motion blur, they even had that in the N64 version.

I guess it's just nostalgia then. I remember the fur in SFA being really nice, and seeing individual strands of fur. The fur here is some weird blurry mess to me

El Sabroso

Oct 25, 2017
Monterrey, MX
I guess it's just nostalgia then. I remember the fur in SFA being really nice, and seeing individual strands of fur. The fur here is some weird blurry mess to me
is a mix of both, here is a screen of StarFox from the Dolphin emulator, is the same effect but in Conker, the rat uses individual strends, see the second screen from Conker as an example

another thing that I remember is that StarFox Adventures uses the effect for the grass, but I remember the emulator didn't loaded properly

My guess on how heavy is the effect is that they define the fur as a material and it can have different properties so it renders different strength of fur over the model, the tail from conker has the effect more heavily than the tail from Fox, creating a blurrier fur than Fox's. But for a Squirrel the effect looks convincing enough

dolphin2012-09-2513-4v3ugk.png

vlcsnap-00669iasdl.png

hexanaut

Dec 6, 2017
How do you skip the pre-rendered intro video?

I want to like the game, but these pitchfork segments suck.

Last edited:

KTroopA

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Im trying to buy this from both the UK store and also off my XBOX ONE S but it wont let me. keeps saying sorry purchase cannot be completed. Can you not just buy it and download to XBOX ONE? The store page says download to 360. whats up with that?

Coming to Games with Gold
OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Coming to Games with Gold:
news.xbox.com

New Games with Gold for July 2021 - Xbox Wire

The July Games with Gold lineup is here! On the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, explore a mysterious, strange world in Planet Alpha, and create your own levels and destroy everyone else’s in Rock of Ages 3: Make & Break. And for our classic lineup via Backward Compatibility, play as everyone’s...

Madrugador

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Super happy to try this out!

I was a huge fan of Conker back in the N64 days. Never had an OG Xbox but always wanted to play this.