• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

inspectah

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Seavor has said that some of the bleeping was MS, some of it was him.

I can´t find the interview, but Seavor also sees the N64 version as the definitive version and looking back dislikes the Xbox version for the reasons mentioned in this thread.

Also the N64 version makes more sense simply because the visual style is more in line with the games it is a parody of.

Feb 22, 2018
Also the N64 version makes more sense simply because the visual style is more in line with the games it is a parody of.

While that part makes sense, one part I don't have a problem with in this game is the visual style. It looked really nice, so I had no complaints there. It ain't gonna happen, but I just wish we had a version of the game with all the Xbox improvements, but was the N64 game in terms of quality of content.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
The biggest travesty of the Xbox version is not having the old multiplayer modes. Those were so good.

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Then keep my name out of your posts. :P

Don't worry though, I'll let you all celebrate in peace. :)

Well hey now, to be fair and a little bit nicer to you, like any other game, Conker isn't some sort of sacred treasure that should be absolved of any criticism whatsoever, so you're always welcome in these threads, even with your criticism. ;)

I just can't resist teasing ya. Sorry! :p

Synth

Oct 26, 2017
Well hey now, to be fair and a little bit nicer to you, like any other game, Conker isn't some sort of sacred treasure that should be absolved of any criticism whatsoever, so you're always welcome in these threads, even with your criticism. ;)

I just can't resist teasing ya. Sorry! :p

It's all good, but I gotta pick my battles, and in this case I'd be massively outnumbered lol. Plus, I'm not miserable enough to try and ruin special occasions. :P

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how anybody ever found those multiplayer modes fun? The frame rate was so incredibly bad and the modes themselves always felt like an afterthought. The single player was clearly the thing where most of the effort went into during development. The shitty N64 video output did not make it any better either by destroying the image quality. I do think they should have remade it for this version but i don't see how the multiplayer in this new version is worse.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Just going to use this here as a main Conker topic. My girlfriend is currently addicted to the Heist multiplayer mode in the Rare Replay version. She'll be up all night playing that specific mode. Not sure how that happened, but it's great.

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't see it on the xbox store.

But I did get it on the website. Now how do I download it on the console?

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sony pantented trophies on classics on 2013
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/03/sonys_latest_patent_could_bring_trophies_to_older_games
Maybe has nothing to do with this but who knows.
You can't use patents to keep companies from doing the same thing. You lose patents if you don't allow them to be used for a reasonable price (and Sony and Microsoft obviously share tons of patents with each other). It's simple, really: The code doesn't change. You can't add achievement triggers without changing the game code. But the whole concept of BC is to not have to mess with the game code.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad there is a thread for this game and it's getting a bit of traction. Conker is still one of my favorite games ever. I probably won't ever get around to playing it but I'm going to throw my money down in hopes it leads to a sequel.

InsrtCoins

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I'm dying to play this again. I love this game. I only wish that they would add a widescreen aspect ratio, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.

...Oh, and fix the glitch during the Great Mighty Poo cutscene.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I'm dying to play this again. I love this game. I only wish that they would add a widescreen aspect ratio, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.

...Oh, and fix the glitch during the Great Mighty Poo cutscene.

I believe MS could do it rather easily but they dont want to invest the time to do it

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
This game still looks stunning. Sucks that other Rare games were not remade for the Xbox or moved over to the GameCube. Something like Perfect Dark was practically begging to be on more powerful hardware.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but there is a 360 remaster/port/whatever of Perfect Dark.

inspectah

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I don't know how anybody ever found those multiplayer modes fun? The frame rate was so incredibly bad and the modes themselves always felt like an afterthought. The single player was clearly the thing where most of the effort went into during development. The shitty N64 video output did not make it any better either by destroying the image quality. I do think they should have remade it for this version but i don't see how the multiplayer in this new version is worse.
Nobody cared for FPS or resolution back in the day.
Hell, nobody cared during the 360/PS3 era either.
It started only this gen that suddenly everybody is so hooked on their FPSes and pixels.

But I agree that it's really hard to go back to N64 multiplayer today.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
This game still looks stunning. Sucks that other Rare games were not remade for the Xbox or moved over to the GameCube. Something like Perfect Dark was practically begging to be on more powerful hardware.

?????

Rare collection dude. That's not 4K of course, but pixel clear 1080p, specially Banjo or Perfect Dark.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really dislike the fur effect the remake gives him, and the multiplayer from the original was such a blast, shame they didn't keep it.

I'd kill for a sequel.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
?????

Rare collection dude. That's not 4K of course, but pixel clear 1080p, specially Banjo or Perfect Dark.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but there is a 360 remaster/port/whatever of Perfect Dark.

What i meant was it should have been in development from the ground up or remade on more powerful hardware. The remasters on Rare Replay do look and play fine but i remember thinking back in 2000 that the late N64 games would have greatly benefited by being on some other platform. Playing multiplayer in Perfect Dark was basically unplayable back then as the framerate would go lower than 10FPS and that's a real shame because the game was really ambitious.

The N64 was pushed to it's breaking point. Even the sales for the games were much lower then they should of been as people were gearing up for next gen systems. The N64 version of Conker looks great but there is a night and day difference between it and the Xbox remake and i just wish most other N64 Rare games looked as good.

Deleted member 17491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really wanted to give Conker a shot when Rare Replay released as I skipped out on it during the N64 era. But the controls hampered me too much, so I'll be jumping in this version.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
And so it begins.

bildschirmfoto2018-048nrnk.png

Mar 9, 2018
I thought this game looked incredible back in the day. It honestly still does. I don't mind the censoring. Nice update to the music.