• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 29676

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I dont see how this affects the Democratic party at all. The only way this "screws" Democrats is if he runs and gets the nomination despite us all voting against him.

Right now, this is just a gross dude getting called out for his gross behavior, and rightfully so.

Unless it snowballs this is coming out too early to really impact his primary chances. In 9 months when people vote it will be old news and Iowa and NH will be focusing on something else.

Deleted member 29676

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
My hope is that it scares him from even putting his name in to begin with.

I think that is the best option. If he knows a bunch of women are going to come forward if he actually declares he could decides not to run to "spare his family and his legacy" or something.

This is an interesting situation because we're seeing democrats who came out really strong against Franken playing it much slower due to the cluster that was that situation.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My hope is that it scares him from even putting his name in to begin with.

He has a ticking window since the debates are only a few months away but I think hes holding out as long as possible to avoid more scrutiny. The less people actually hear from Biden the more they like him. This has been true for his numerous presidential runs

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
That Jeff Sessions video is crazy... he swats Joes hand multiple times and moves the kid along as if everyone knows this is what he does. Creepy ass hell..

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hate that look of discomfort so much. You want to walk away or tell them to stop touching you but because of social forces or expectations, or a power dynamic, you have to stand there and suffer it, and that uncomfortable look so many of these girls have is so familiar.

As odd as it is to say this while there is a literal rapist as the current President, there needs to be standards here because this behaviour must stop and must be shown to be unacceptable. Biden has repeatedly crossed this line and he only has himself to blame for it becoming disqualifying. He should not run.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
The amount of people defending Biden invading people's personal space and making them feel small is too damn high on twitter. A lot of these people rightly calling out Trump are now turning on accusers instead of hearing her story at the very least. Its unfortunate.

If biden is the one directly harassing women, that's something he has to be responsible for.

You can say its a male problem, but as biden is the one directly responsible for this situation, that puts him even further in the spotlight. There's no distancing him from these events or accusations

Last edited:

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Listen to some ladies talk about this around the office today. Lemme just say that what I heard from them is not what I expected.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
The last paragraph.. hmmm

D3GRQm0XcAAD6GU

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I work in an open cubicle office. So everything someone says can be heard by everyone else.

They said these women were snowflakes. Their words. One said the first woman was doing it purely for political reasons, which she admitted to. One said that it was purely to get attention. All agreed the touching, hugging, and kissing on the head wasn't a big deal.

The ladies are mix of Latino and African American. They're all liberal. Age range from mid twenties to early forties.

I don't share their view in the least. I was very surprised to hear this coming from other women. This isn't the first time I've heard women criticize other women. Shit is a little crazy. 😕

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
From around the same time

Apologies its some rabid Trump supporters account, but it gives you an idea of the ammunition the right has against Biden.

America, please keep creepy Uncle Joe away from 2020. None of this is a laughing matter either. The guys a fucking creep.

That is super weird and creepy and inexcusable. There are to many instances of his behavior now. And I hope he takes his conclusions now.
Also and this stands besides this issue.
This is going to be one dirty ride going into the elections. I hope they choose a good candidate because dirt will hit the fan.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't share their view in the least. I was very surprised to hear this coming from other women. This isn't the first time I've heard women criticize other women. Shit is a little crazy. 😕
Affection with seniors is normalized in a lot of cultures.

It probably shouldn't be but hey.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Considering we have on record evidence of him being uncomfortably creepy with people and it is still being dismissed, probably wont happen.

At this rate, i expect Anita hill will be a nonstarter for those invested in the biden train

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
there will probably be people that use that last paragraph as ammunition to dismiss her point. "See? she just has a hacky political agenda to elect a woman by tanking Biden's chances!"

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck these purity test.

We need to stop being so reactionary. The right will yell at the top of their lungs over the most trivial of shits (Dijon Mustard) while not really giving a fuck. Didn't we learn anything from Al Franken's fiasco?

Trust a man to call efforst to root out sexism "purity testing" xD

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
This needs to come out early and hard.

Joe Biden's running but by golly he shouldn't be.

Dec 31, 2017
Those creepy biden pics have been known for years, and they've kind of been considered joke material, but now it's finally coming out that women were clearly uncomfortable in those situations.

Regardless of whether his advances are "sexual" or not, let's see how this plays out and how he ultimately addresses this. He has made a statement already but I think this will get a bit bigger before it's settled.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Those creepy biden pics have been known for years, and they've kind of been considered joke material, but now it's finally coming out that women were clearly uncomfortable in those situations.

Regardless of whether his advances are "sexual" or not, let's see how this plays out and how he ultimately addresses this. He has made a statement already but I think this will get a bit bigger before it's settled.

Yeah but you're still seeing bird brain responses saying "how come I haven't seen it before? This is a CONSPIRACY"

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He's going to get torn apart in the primaries for this. And rightfully so.

What a creep.

The way the onion has leaned into this side of him for the past few years has been pretty crappy.

I'm surprised this is only blowing up now. These pictures have been circulating for years.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Cause he's running for President and some people think he's going to breeze through because he's a former vice president who was in Obama's administration. No dice. Now that he's running for Prez he will be scrutinized and there will be people coming out to make it know what their thoughts are on him in various angles.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I hate that look of discomfort so much. You want to walk away or tell them to stop touching you but because of social forces or expectations, or a power dynamic, you have to stand there and suffer it, and that uncomfortable look so many of these girls have is so familiar.
That's why I find the response from his team totally inadequate. The onus should not be on the targets of his inappropriate behavior to aggressively tell him to stop. They're already trying to manoeuvre through the awkward situation they are thrust into against their will, and their body language makes it crystal clear that they want him to stop. It's totally unfair. Plus many of them are children, for fuck's sake. You don't need to tell each and everyone one of them how the boys need to be kept away while you smell their hair. Repulsive.