• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Democrats are screwed. Something like this is considered problematic for a democratic candidate (rightly so), while Trump seems to be immune to everything.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Democrats are screwed. Something like this is considered problematic for a democratic candidate (rightly so), while Trump seems to be immune to everything.
Very true... which is why we need a candidate that has as little baggage as possible while simultaneously enough knowledge and savvy to affirm people on policy but also to deflect their own skeletons when they are dug up. Biden has done a shit job here dealing with this and that tells me he will be eaten alive by his baggage come election season.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Title: Joe touched me inappropriately

Content: it wasn't sexual but he made me touch noses

Like come on the guy is weird but that's a disingenuous title.

Today I learned that being grabbed by the neck and being forced to touch noses against my will is an appropriate form of touching.

Thanks, ResetERA!

Jan 15, 2019
So tiring to see people trying to slap a label on him as a sexual assaulter. He makes people nervous and his behavior is strange. He's just weird and doesn't know boundaries. He's not out there taking advantage of women because he can or for his own sexual gratification or empowerment.

He seems to think that what he does is kind, friendly and comforting, its not and I don't know why he feels him acting this way is what normal people do.
Guys who go around telling women on the street to smile probably think they're being kind, friendly and comforting too. I don't want them running the country. I would hope this string of allegations makes him reconsider running. We have plenty of good candidates already and we don't need to take up time on the debate stage watching Joe try to explain away his pattern of creepy behavior.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
It hurts Biden more that he's basically flailing all over the place on these issues. He has no concerted message or view. he can come off as super defensive and dismissive one second and trying to accuse other people of misleading information the next.

I think its fairly open and shut, but it seems like he had no plan for this even though he should have known it was coming after all the other times he's ran for President

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Very true... which is why we need a candidate that has as little baggage as possible while simultaneously enough knowledge and savvy to affirm people on policy but also to deflect their own skeletons when they are dug up. Biden has done a shit job here dealing with this and that tells me he will be eaten alive by his baggage come election season.
Some skeletons are too big of a deal to appropriately deal with. There is literally nothing you can say or do to downplay sexual harassment and assault, especially when it involves multiple victims, many of which happened out in the open. This is a culture, not some one or two off incident.

Next.

Where do you draw the line between senior citizen and creepy Joe? I feel like he definitely has too many instances of repeated weird behavior, too much so to give him a pass, but I could also definitely see someone's grandpa doing stuff like this without even thinking twice about how they were coming off.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Where do you draw the line between senior citizen and creepy Joe? I feel like he definitely has too many instances of repeated weird behavior, too much so to give him a pass, but I could also definitely see someone's grandpa doing stuff like this without even thinking twice about how they were coming off.
Hopefully that same grandpa, upon someone telling them not to do something, would be able to learn from it. If not, hopefully that same grandpa wouldn't be put in a position of power over woman and children.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017

The problem is that so much of the reaction to these stories revolves around their anticipated impact. We have internalized the heuristic that someone becomes unviable after being called out - the act of someone speaking up to talk about their experience with inappropriate behavior, in and of itself, has an immediate power over us.

It becomes something of a self-fulfilling prophecy. One that media organizations need to be conscious of, because it colors their coverage in the sense that MeToo stories just end up becoming an extension of horse race journalism. In that sense, while Trump isn't immune to everything, he does benefit from the fact that a lot of people frame the stories around him as unimpactful and therefore unimportant.

Osa15

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissing Concerns on Inappropriate Touching Across Multiple Posts
America are going to shoot themselves in their foot and give Trump four more years in office if this somehow becomes a point of major criticism towards Biden. It should be a warning to Biden and ensure that it won't happen again rather than turn it into something more extreme. I agree that it is inappropriate to touch people and Biden should just stick with a handshake from now on.. close friend a hug and maybe a kiss on the cheek.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
America are going to shoot themselves in their foot and give Trump four more years in office if this somehow becomes a point of major criticism towards Biden. It should be a warning to Biden and ensure that it won't happen again rather than turn it into something more extreme. I agree that it is inappropriate to touch people and Biden should just stick with a handshake from now on.. close friend a hug and maybe a kiss on the cheek.

Are you seriously implying that Biden being a sexual harasser shouldn't be a big deal?!? WTF!

Osa15

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Are you seriously implying that Biden being a sexual harasser shouldn't be a big deal?!? WTF!
No, I said that he should be warned and chastised for his action, but do you think we should disqualify him because of this? This is what Trump and the gop wants and I rather have someone who would try and fight for women right than one that doesn't care about it or for minorities.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey

Is this....casually dismissing sexually charged behavior and clear harassment against clearly uncomfortable women?

You think Trump who embodies the worst elements of the GOP is going to let that one slide? The only reason Trump exists despite what he's done on this is because people on the right tolerate it. And your saying Biden is now excused in the democratic party of being a serial harasser?

Its not something his staff did, its something he's done multiple times, enough to have it on tape, and plenty of times likely where there was no evidence on top.

Again, this is just his actions. If we're going to attack him actual policy, there's that too, which i also think would disqualify him on its own but that's a different story.

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
No, I said that he should be warned and chastised for his action, but do you think we should disqualify him because of this? This is what Trump and the gop wants and I rather have someone who would try and fight for women right than one that doesn't care about it or for minorities.
You don't care about women's rights if you want this fuck to be president

Osa15

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
This would be a huge issue if he were the nominee. Dems are held to a different standard than out current president. He should not run.

Hmm.. yea, it would seem that way. If he doesn't run(one who is most likely to beat trump), then who should come up in his place? I am not trump biggest fan, so this seems to be playing into their hands.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, I said that he should be warned and chastised for his action
Gotta keep giving old white men excuses and chances after chances.

but do you think we should disqualify him because of this?
Yes. Or do you think being a sexual harasser is ok?

This is what Trump and the gop wants and I rather have someone who would try and fight for women right than one that doesn't care about it or for minorities

giphy.gif

creepy-biden-gif-4.gif

EveryPessimisticIaerismetalmark-size_restricted.gif

6My50Dv.jpg

uy6633n5ihl11.gif

Oh wow look at how much he cares about women rights.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Hmm.. yea, it would seem that way. If he doesn't run(one who is most likely to beat trump), then who should come up in his place? I am not trump biggest fan, so this seems to be playing into their hands.

If you think someone like biden is actually the best one to beat trump your kind of duping yourself. This is just one issue he could throw in biden's face. With biden's record trump could essentially deflect any critisisims of himself back at Biden.

Again, the sexual harassment angle is just one. Trump did the exact same thing against Clinton when he was accused during the campaign trail.

Biden is one of the worst people to beat trump despite his current poll numbers. just wait until he gets into the race and he actually has a spotlight on him. he's numbers will be going down with the constant attention on him like every other time he's ran.

Osa15

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
You don't care about women's rights if you want this fuck to be president

The Republican Party doesn't care about women right. I never voted for that party, but if Democratic Party doesn't choose Biden, then I m ok with that. I don't want Biden to be president, but rather a democratic that can beat trump and have good policies.

Osa15

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
If you think someone like biden is actually the best one to beat trump your kind of duping yourself. This is just one issue he could throw in biden's face. With biden's record trump could essentially deflect any critisisims of himself back at Biden.

Again, the sexual harassment angle is just one. Trump did the exact same thing against Clinton when he was accused during the campaign trail

That is what the polls is saying not me. I m not trump biggest fan and as I said before, Biden should be criticized for this.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd cut some slack to family, and maybe to friends of family, but on a societal level it's something we should leave behind. Boundaries don't disappear when you cross 70, even though current cultural norms says they do.

Osa15

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Gotta keep giving old white men excuses and chances after chances.

Yes. Or do you think being a sexual harasser is ok?

Oh wow look at how much he cares about women rights.

I am not giving him a chance. I said he should be criticized. I m not overlooking it like what society does with systemic racism and all the republican problems.

I never said it was ok. But, if this make Biden a sexual harasser then he should drop out.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame that there is only 1 candidate running and we have to vote for them right?

Get the fuck out here dismissing peoples concerns about gross behavior and saying 4 more years of trumpamirite? That shit should be bannable.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017

I dont see how this affects the Democratic party at all. The only way this "screws" Democrats is if he runs and gets the nomination despite us all voting against him.

Right now, this is just a gross dude getting called out for his gross behavior, and rightfully so.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
my uncle always tells stories about private conversations with Joe Biden from years ago. I always assumed it was crazy made up uncle stuff but I'm starting to wonder