• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
The whole thing is fucked up, but to put rape victims as the most privileged 'group' is really fucking disgusting and shameful.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
You're playing into their trap. Vote wisely, voice your concern with those close around you. Don't give these people the attention they're looking for. That gives them power. And they use that power nefariously.
When, in the past, have social issues ever been solved by being silent except when amongst your peers? Some of you need to learn from history and see how people actually got shit done.

I've seen the, ' you're playing into their trap' thing way too much in these threads.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a good documentary on the struggles of the white hetero male? I feel ashamed for not being their ally in this cruel world that continual holds them down.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just cant. I fucking can't. I dont have the energy.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
Ah, yes, the unfair privilege of *checks notes*

Sex-trafficking victims.

Like, I'm all for shitting on identity politics memelords, but at which point do you decide to shed your humanity like a goddamned snakeperson?

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I assume the pyramid is meant to be understood "upside down", that the ones at the top have the least privilege and those at the bottom have the most. It seems like a standard, albeit artsy, critique of the "oppression olympics" idea

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is one of the most vile, revolting things I've ever seen published in a relatively mainstream publication. I'm quite certain being sexually abused didn't provide me any fucking privileges. This is what rape culture looks like.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
What's with people constantly telling others to ignore this kind of shit?
Seems to have become the new 'safe' dismissal in light of rule changes, in that it seems too stupid to be posted as an actual solution or thought. Have noticed it being thrown out more since the Bennett and Shapiro threads. Mind you, in the latter thread 10% of the poll saw actual value in having racists, homophobes etc. coming to speak in educational places so who knows.

Either way it reads as being profoundly moronic whenever it pops up.

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
So, I tick all of those boxes at the bottom except "wealthy" (I think I'm middle class) and I was even raised Protestant (I'm non-practicting now).

If someone said, "Hey, would you like to trade all your problems for the problems of a gay, black, transexual, Muslim refugee?" I'd run my ass in the other direction until I collapsed from exhaustion.

Mediocre conservative white guys love the idea of "meritocracy" until they actually need to compete. If they lose any kind of fair competition, they'll scream about immigrants taking their jobs to fill quotas or how black athletes are some kind of genetic supermen bred by slave owners to be superior athletes (I wish I was making that up). It's disgusting and shameful.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fellow white people that don't fight and challenge this shit at the dinner table are nothing but mortar to these shit bricks.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
This is one of the most vile, revolting things I've ever seen published in a relatively mainstream publication. I'm quite certain being sexually abused didn't provide me any fucking privileges. This is what rape culture looks like.
The Washington Examiner isn't what I'd call mainstream at all. They're a DC rag, worse than the NY Post and the NY Post is very not good.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Did the Examiner get tired of being in the Washington Time's shit shadow and decide to go all out for the DC Metro wingnut demo?

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Guys how does combos work here? like if you are black and college educated...then what?! I have trouble understanding the pure genius of this unquestionably amazing pyramid!

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
The whole thing is fucked up, but to put rape victims as the most privileged 'group' is really fucking disgusting and shameful.

From what I've seen, the Examiner is dominated by the sorts of conservatives who spent all of the 2016 primary talking about how much the hate Trump and think he's dangerous, but as soon as he won brainwashed themselves into being complete Trump defender, and the thing those people always fucking bring up as their proof that the liberals are out to get us all is Brett Kavanaugh being accused of rape. They're fucking traumatized that a guy who went to the right schools could have his career threatened by being called a rapist. So yeah, I totally see how they warped their minds to the point of "rape victims are a dark cabal ruling society at the expense of good, rich, WASPy frat boys". Fucking nuts.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
the fact that he connects this to "meritocracy" shows the underlying racism

"eradicating meritocracy" means putting white men at the bottom only if you believe white men deserve to be at the top

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Thought it was Richard Scarry at first, whew.

268x0w.jpg

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad to be among the most privileged in America to be a part of a demo that... *checks notes* is one of the most likely to be murdered, raped, or commit suicide and/or be fired for existing.

Thank you for clearing up my privilege, Washington Examiner.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I don't seem to be able to find legal immigrant on this pyramid.

FUCKING WEIRD THAT THEY'D FORGET THAT THAT'S AN ACTUAL THING.

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
When, in the past, have social issues ever been solved by being silent except when amongst your peers? Some of you need to learn from history and see how people actually got shit done.

I've seen the, ' you're playing into their trap' thing way too much in these threads.
Defeating Hitler gave him what he wanted basically. Should've kept silent.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Man, I'm legitimately shocked they haven't.

I think they're testing the waters still. Maybe have it pop up in an Op-Ed about the N-word "not being racist" or something along those lines. Play the "It was just an op ed that wanted to start a discussion! Just asking questions!" card as people react.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Im so tired of hearing about all these rape victims and sex trafficking victims! Won't someone think about the middle class white men for once??

Imagine actually thinking this... Someone needs to post that Oppression falling circles diagram .gif

Guddha

Sep 5, 2019
Would've never guessed that roleplaying victims would be rich white men's most perverse hobby.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Reading through his Twitter, he's obviously in it for the "lib tears" reaction. Hope he fades into a jaded white male who ultimately becomes a pariah in society in this lovely mixing pot. This is the death cry of the oppressor.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, if the author wants to take a shortcut, I'm sure they could find someone to drug and violently rape them, skip straight to the top of the pyramid.

(Holy shit what is wrong with these people)

Threadkular

Dec 29, 2017
Is that one supposed to be "gluten-sensitive"? What's going on there? "Pull up your bootstraps and eat this food that makes you feel terrible".

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Because we're the subject of both bigotry against LGBTQIA+ and erasure within said community. Pressure to 'pick a side' and being told you don't belong at Pride.

This, and in general people have a more negative view of bisexuality than homosexuality. This pyramid seems to be arranged to reflect those who the conservative cis white straight male views as more threatening as "more privileged."

cmalex23

Avenger
Oct 10, 2018
This guy is a moron. Even if he does believe this horseshit, the point of it is to create controversy and to sell books to the other morons who do believe this shit.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
This is the kind of shit the republican members of my extended family eat up. The very fact that as man I don't have to keep my head on a swivel around people of the opposite gender when walking alone in the evening and as a white man I have been programmed from a young age to be friendly to police as they will believe me is the pretty evident that I do sit pretty much at the top of the "privilege pyramid" in reality.

chaostrophy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That article is like a glimpse into bizarro world. I'm white, male, hetero, cis, college educated...supposedly the bottom of the pyramid and yet I've never felt oppressed by any of these groups supposedly "above" me. Based on my identity I'm the audience for this drivel. But it's transparent, nasty bullshit. In a way it's comforting because it's not going to convert anyone to the conservative cause. Purely preaching to the choir.