• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
A question for psovr users: when it was first out I heard there were a lot of issues with tracking and positioning. Are they all fixed now?

I've been looking at getting one for a while but I've been worried about hardware issues

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
I keep thinking about jumping back in, but then I remember the reason why I sold mine. It's just a serious hassle to set up when I want to play, and it sucks to use in the living room where my console is.

I wish I had a basement

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking about it myself. Looks like a fine deal even in Canadian currency.

Also wtf is up with the drive by console warring/inability to read the op before posting.

Kenjovani

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That $199 Astro Bot + Moss bundle is enticing. I've been sitting on titles I've been wanting to purchase for a while (Star Trek Bridge Crew, Resident Evil VII, Doom VFR, ZOE Mars, and some others). My question is, do y'all feel confident that PSVR2 is coming next year? I don't want to get it PSVR this year but have it be completely obsolete in less than a year.

I have a feeling PSVR1 will be bc with PS5. Even if it isnt, a year at least of enjoyment, plus tons of games already available for only 199 (barring you already have Ps4) is worth it imo.

Last edited:

TwiceNightly

Dec 13, 2017
Is the camera a requirement for PSVR?

My TV is currently on the wall on the opposite side of the room to my PS4 Pro and if the camera is required I don't see a way that I can buy it and set it up?

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Is the camera a requirement for PSVR?

My TV is currently on the wall on the opposite side of the room to my PS4 Pro and if the camera is required I don't see a way that I can buy it and set it up?

Yes it absolutely is, you can put the camera wherever you want though, it doesn't need to be on top of your TV, as you won't need your TV anyway.

Metalmurphy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'd just like to say that if you have the opportunity to play Astro Bot you need to take it asap! You never played anything like it and I promise you won't regret it.

It's still my GOTY and I loved GoW, SpiderMan and RDR2.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
A question for psovr users: when it was first out I heard there were a lot of issues with tracking and positioning. Are they all fixed now?

I've been looking at getting one for a while but I've been worried about hardware issues
As long as your room doesn't have any extremely bright light sources or direct sunlight coming in, and you follow the instructions, you shouldn't have any issues. I've used mine in two different apartments, not a problem (other than the fact that the tracking technology isn't super precise to begin with).

Nov 8, 2017
I wouldn't be at all surprised if PS5 is compatible with the current PSVR at launch.

I'd expect PSVR 2 to arrive a year or two after the PS5, and even then I think the games will remain compatible with both headsets.

I don't think it's in Sony's interest to start dividing up their VR base.

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017

I've had zero problems with head tracking, but move/dual shock tracking can sometimes be a little finicky. After playing for a while I'll sometimes look down and notice that my in-game hands are turned in the wrong direction. Fixing that is usually just a matter of holding the controllers up and shaking them a bit. It's a minor annoyance but a lot of my favorite games are controller based so it doesn't affect me much.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
At that price, I don't really care.

Now that I think about it, can it be traded in? If not, sell it on eBay or to somebody.

Oct 25, 2017
Tetris Effect really pushed me over the edge and then I saw that Black Friday deal so hey, perfect timing. I'm pretty excited about it.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I never though of that! So if I put the VR headset on and turn the chair to face the camera (which I would put by my PS4) then I'm good to go?

Yeah, you'll just have to experiment where it's best to put your camera, depending how you want to play (seated or standing) and what kind of controller you use (move, ds4 or Aim). But you're basically free to put the camera where you want, as long as you're not too close or too far away from it.

Check out this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9cb_Jj5e7o

Last edited:

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked already but do we know if the astrobot bf bundle is the revised VR unit?

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
It's always a consideration for me because in my mind it's the best way of playing Resident Evil 7 which I still haven't played yet but part of me just wants to wait because I feel like the only way Sony can prove to me that they are committed to the concept is if they release a new version/model when they release the PS5 because I don't want to end up in another PS Vita or PS move situation again where I initially supported the idea but Sony simply gives up eventually.

So for now I'm in wait and see mode.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
I would totally go for it if I was working this semester. I'll have to pass though cause I'm poor

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
I want to buy one if I can find it with games for 199CHF (swiss francs) or cheaper, not seen anything like that yet.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
I want to buy one if I can find it with games for 199CHF (swiss francs) or cheaper, not seen anything like that yet.

I'm assuming this is without the move controllers? If so, I could definitely see that happening.

I want it with the move controllers and I'll probably bite at 299 CHF, although I'll gladly take it cheaper.

Black Friday is just around the corner and if it doesn't deliver there's still the holiday season to look forward to. Digitec.ch often has some pretty great deals around Xmas.

Bookmark this site: https://www.preispirat.ch/ it'll get pretty handy soon when all the deals begin to hit ;)

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
I'm assuming this is without the move controllers? If so, I could definitely see that happening.

I want it with the move controllers and I'll probably bite at 299 CHF, although I'll gladly take it cheaper.

Yeah, I am sure InterDiscount had the most basic bundle last year for 199 so hoping this year that US bundle will be 199 or less and the one with move controllers will be 299 or less.

I think 199 is a great price for it bundled with games.

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
I'm hoping lots of people pick up PSVR in good Black Friday deals, $199 with Astro Bot and Moss is a hell of a deal though. I don't think we will get PSVR2 until at least a year into PS5 life cycle, it would be too much of an initial outlay to have a console and new VR headset lunching together. I expect current PSVR to be fully compatible with PS5 out the box until they do release PSVR2.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
That $199 Astro Bot + Moss bundle is enticing. I've been sitting on titles I've been wanting to purchase for a while (Star Trek Bridge Crew, Resident Evil VII, Doom VFR, ZOE Mars, and some others). My question is, do y'all feel confident that PSVR2 is coming next year? I don't want to get it PSVR this year but have it be completely obsolete in less than a year.

I expect the current headset to work on PS5. The unit is capable of far more than what it does now. Only thing holding it back is the PS4.

SmashN'Grab

Oct 27, 2017
Is there really much of a difference when playing it through a Pro vs. a Slim? I have a slim PS4 and no intention to upgrade right now and will wait for PS5. However, I do have RE7 and have heard so much about how great it is. How much worse is the experience on a slim vs. a pro? Lower framerate? Lower resolution? Lower graphics settings? What do they usually change in games between the two?

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Look at it this way: PSVR is absolutely a $200 experience. No doubt about it. And I'm saying that as a launch buyer still on the OG unit. I've had, and continue to have, a blast with it's offerings and quality for the price.

Bass2448

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im also considering getting one for BF. I'm having trouble deciding what bundle to get however. I could care less about Superhot or Creed but I do maybe care about the move controllers. Astrobot happens to be THE game I want first. So I guess my question is, How useful are the aim controllers? Do most of the big hitters (Skyrim, Astrobot, REVII, Firewall, Moss, etc.) absolutely NEED the move controllers?

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Black Friday better deliver on some good PSVR deals in the UK or I'll be pissed.

On my must-play list is...

Astro Bot
Moss
Sprint Vector (just purely for all the Jet Set Radio comparisons)
Statik
WipEout HD Collection
Tetris Effect
Rez Infinite
The free demo for The Last Guardian VR

That'll keep me going for a good while. I'd love to play Firewall, but I don't have PS+ and the gun attachment seems essential, so that would be more of an investment than I'd like. Curious about The Persistence too, but I doubt I can handle survival horror in VR.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
I've been thinking about getting one but is it worth buying if you don't have the pro? I'm still rocking my launch PS4.

Leithkorias

Oct 27, 2017
I keep reading that psvr will be obsolete. Can someone explain why? The biggest feature in my opinion in need of upgrading is the resolution. I see no reason why a psvr1 headset wouldn't work just fine with ps5. The visuals would see a significant bump at the same resolution. I can see psvr1 being forward compatible even when a second headset comes out. Same graphics just a lower resolution. Like hooking your ps4 up to a 720p tv instead if a 1080 or 4k.

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017
I keep reading that psvr will be obsolete. Can someone explain why? The biggest feature in my opinion in need of upgrading is the resolution. I see no reason why a psvr1 headset wouldn't work just fine with ps5. The visuals would see a significant bump at the same resolution. I can see psvr1 being forward compatible even when a second headset comes out. Same graphics just a lower resolution. Like hooking your ps4 up to a 720p tv instead if a 1080 or 4k.

Good question. I guess it could be like with consoles, where devs want to do things that require whatever new tech is in the new hotness. I doubt the only difference will be resolution, eg inside out tracking.

199 + games is getting into impulse territory if you are interested in vr and have a ps4. It is like 3 retail games + lunch, not bad even if it is supplanted in 2021.

ahoyhoy

Oct 25, 2017
Probably gonna get the Moss/Astrobot bundle. Only really want Move controllers for Beat Saber.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I have Rigs and Until Dawn Rush of Blood thanks to PS+, are those any good/do people still play Rigs?

I would jump on the bundle but no move controllers and me still having the OG PS4 for the foreseeable future ugh

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
I'm really REALLY on the fence on picking one of the bundles up... I'm just super let down that the PS4 version of Beat Saber won't accommodate custom songs.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have Rigs and Until Dawn Rush of Blood thanks to PS+, are those any good/do people still play Rigs?

I would jump on the bundle but no move controllers and me still having the OG PS4 for the foreseeable future ugh

Until Dawn is an awesome railshooter. Rigs is dead I think but still awesome if you get a chance to try it out. You could also have Bound which has a VR mode. It was also on PS+

Apr 8, 2018
Plan on picking up the $250 Creed+Superhot bundle at GameStop on Sunday. Might get Astro Bot and Firewall Zero Hour too since they'll be on sale. Can't fucking wait to play Superhot in VR.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Until Dawn is an awesome railshooter. Rigs is dead I think but still awesome if you get a chance to try it out. You could also have Bound which has a VR mode. It was also on PS+
Yeah I do but I didn't like the bit I played and heard the non VR version is actually better

Status
Not open for further replies.