• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Is there anywhere cheap to pick up Move controllers? I need them but $100 is absolutely ridiculous.

NavyPharaoh

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up Archangel and Solus Project due to the recommendations. The more I play Skyrim VR the more I regret buying it.

Cilidra

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa
Is there anywhere cheap to pick up Move controllers? I need them but $100 is absolutely ridiculous.
Can look in pawn shop (can try Gamestop but they usually have none left) or Kijiji/Craigslist. I bought 4 used so far at around 15$ each. All 4 work well and I did not need to replace the batteries.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
My PSVR came in yesterday. God damn is Astrobot amazing, and Tetris effect is so good. Moss is okay not bad.
What other recommendations do you guys have? Thinking about getting Rez and Wipeout.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Does anyone have the PowerA charging stand and/or know if it fits the new Move controllers with micro USB? I've looked all over and I'm seeing conflicting info.

Can't comment on this one, but to me it looks like they use the metal connectors on the bottom of the moves, just like the official Sony charger (this one doesn't connect via the USB port but those metal thingies at the bottom).

I have the Sony charging station and I would recommend it. Can be found very cheap.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I did seriously consider it for the first time. The much lauded Astrobot and pleasant looking Moss certianly helped things.

Decided against it in the end. Too much on my plate as is. I don't even know where I'd store the thing. Maybe if there's a good deal around Christmastime, and I've got cash and boredom saved up, I'll reconsider.

D23

Oct 25, 2017
bought Archangel and solus project from PS flash sale.

seems to look decent and worth the sale price

Tusken77

Oct 27, 2017
England, United Kingdom
I was playing Tetris Effect last night. When I took the headset off and looked at the clock it was 3:15am, meaning I'd been in there about 3 hours without realising it. Time just disappears in that game. And, my goodness, that final stage is pure euphoria.

NavyPharaoh

Oct 27, 2017
Why do you regret it? I've bought it but haven't played yet.

Skyrim VR is one of the best times I've ever had in a video game. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Everything I've touched in VR has wowed me with an occasional exception. Skyrim feels like those rereleased 80s movies in 4K.I don't know if it's because I've played so much Skyrim previously or what. I'm a stick with it. Maybe I should try the move controllers again.

Are u using move controllers? If so are u using teleportation? What's the best method?

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Everything I've touched in VR has wowed me with an occasional exception. Skyrim feels like those rereleased 80s movies in 4K.I don't know if it's because I've played so much Skyrim previously or what. I'm a stick with it. Maybe I should try the move controllers again.

Are u using move controllers? If so are u using teleportation? What's the best method?

I use moves with smooth turning and movement. It took a while for the controls to click with me, but once they did, I don't think I've been in a more immersive world.

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, so I finally got around to setting up my PSVR that I got on Black Friday. First impressions are that its a nice little piece of hardware, although I'm having a hard time getting a good fit. I sort of have a big head but I feel like I either have it on too loose then its letting too much light bleed in from the bottom and sides or else its too tight or too high up on the back of my head and then I'm getting headaches from it. I'll keep messing with it I guess.

As for the games, Astro Bot is charming as hell and the way it utilizes all the different aspects of the controller and the depth of the environments is really amazing. Its like looking at a living diorama or something- its just really cool. Tried out the Moss demo and its a similar feeling; just really cool and immersive.

Astro Bot is cool but god damn Super Hot. Holy. Shit. I've seen plenty of people play Super Hot before, so I knew what it was all about. But DAMN if Super Hot isn't the most badass awesome game ever in VR. Granted, playing it with the Move controllers is often hit or miss for me with the tracking- again, something I'll have to mess around with. But when its working right and you're blasting dudes and bending around like Neo dodging bullets? Holy cow Super Hot is some of the most pure fun I've had playing a game in a long time. Definitely makes me more interested in the higher end PC VR stuff with full on room scale and better motion controllers.

So yeah, Astro Bot and Super Hot are totally worth the price of admission alone. Still haven't touched Resident Evil yet or Creed. I'm pretty impressed with PS VR in general. I've got some quibbles with the headset and the light bleed and kind of limited field of view and the Move controllers but man, when you get into a good game like Astro Bot or Super Hot- its just damn cool.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
I'm absolutely blown away by vr. So far I've played Astro Bot, Wipeout, Thumper, RE7, and Moss. Can't wait to play some more. :P

Oh, and I never got dizzy. :0

marcinaldo

Oct 28, 2017
How far from the camera you need to be for it to work for most of the things? I would be pretty close if I bought one.
Also, I've seen a lot of comments that it works best if camera is above tv pointed down, but does it also work standing on a table below tv? Even if I somehow attach it to the top of tv (which I don't know how it works, if it is a clip then I would not want to put it on my oled) it will be below my eye level when I would be standing.

The worst thing in the world would be to convince my wife and then be disappointed that I cannot use it in my living room :D (I really can't move stuff too much).

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, i never played Skyrim but didnt like Oblivion. Would i enjoy Skyrim in VR? Or is it too rough? I dont care so much about rough visuals but i want the gameplay to not be clunky.. and i fojnd Oblivion to be clunky..

Oct 27, 2017
How far from the camera you need to be for it to work for most of the things? I would be pretty close if I bought one.
Also, I've seen a lot of comments that it works best if camera is above tv pointed down, but does it also work standing on a table below tv? Even if I somehow attach it to the top of tv (which I don't know how it works, if it is a clip then I would not want to put it on my oled) it will be below my eye level when I would be standing.

The worst thing in the world would be to convince my wife and then be disappointed that I cannot use it in my living room :D (I really can't move stuff too much).
Under the tv is fine, no worries

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Under the tv is fine, no worries

Only issue I can see with this is maybe it will have trouble tracking your head if you are holding the moves out in front of you because they could block the light from the headset.

Oct 27, 2017

Btw, for some reason, people think the cam has to be at the tv. It could be anywhere.. the tv is completely irrelevant. I place my cam on my salon table and it works flawlessly, and its not near the tv.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017

fwiw i just moved to a bigger place where the camera is about 9-10 ft away from the couch, the headset won't track for anything. but i just did a few quicky test sessions to see if it worked. surely there's a solution, but i was hoping it'd be no fuss considering the cord runs about that long anyhow

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Is Eagle Flight worth $8.09 CAD?

I had lots of fun with it at the time it came out. It's also one of the great introductory experiences you can show to everybody because they don't need a controller and it's self explanatory.
This and the shark experience from VR worlds have literally sold the headset to relatives because they were the cornerstones of my demo of the device.
So in my opinion it's easily worth it, but I've always had a soft spot for it.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
While people are looking for games to check out I want to recommend Wayward Sky and Headmaster from the launch days of PS VR.

Wayward Sky was the first 3rd person diorama style adventure game I played in VR and I thought it was a great proof of concept and pretty charming and fun. There have been other games like this by now, i.e. Moss, that are a bit more advanced, but I think Wayward Sky can still be recommended.
Headmaster is simple fun and it has a great sense of humor. It reminded me a lot of Portal in regards to its storytelling and communication with the player. It's also good and easy game to demo.

Speaking of demo, both are included on the first VR demo disc which everybody can download. Those two demo discs are probably the best introduction to the technology in general. It always pained me when people jumped headset first into a full game that might not be for everybody and got a sub par first impression that way.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
In case anyone's interested, German Mediamarkt now's got a deal going where you're getting a free Astrobot on top of a PSVR + Camera set for 200ish Euros. Not the best deal, but probably as close as we get to the amazing US bundle.

I'm out of cash for shit like that, but maybe someone waited for this.

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Btw, for some reason, people think the cam has to be at the tv. It could be anywhere.. the tv is completely irrelevant. I place my cam on my salon table and it works flawlessly, and its not near the tv.

Yeah so many people initially don't realise you don't need the TV at all for PSVR after the initial setup so can put it anywhere. Playing Firewall online I run into loads of people playing while there wives/girlfriends are watching something completely different on TV.

Oct 30, 2017
Bummer that there isn't a demo of Tetris and Superhot.
Bought/upgraded dirt rally vr and driveclub vr. Driveclub is kinda lowres which makes it not really fun to play

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
Yeah so many people initially don't realise you don't need the TV at all for PSVR after the initial setup so can put it anywhere. Playing Firewall online I run into loads of people playing while there wives/girlfriends are watching something completely different on TV.

I think part of the issue, at least for me, is the top of my TV is the only place where I can place the camera, given it needs to be above head height. I live in the UK in a house with real people, so I can't buy microphone stands and put the camera on that.

So I'm pretty much tied to facing the TV, for now.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, i never played Skyrim but didnt like Oblivion. Would i enjoy Skyrim in VR? Or is it too rough? I dont care so much about rough visuals but i want the gameplay to not be clunky.. and i fojnd Oblivion to be clunky..

The visuals are actually decent on the Pro now, It's not even comparable to Oblivion on the TV. As if you use the moves the combat will be as clunky as your hands allow them to be, Whip out the bow and arrow and you'll see there's nothing quite like VR combat when it works wonders. Even using swords/shields is fun.

Still top tier VR experience alongside RE7/Astro.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The visuals are actually decent on the Pro now, It's not even comparable to Oblivion on the TV. As if you use the moves the combat will be as clunky as your hands allow them to be, Whip out the bow and arrow and you'll see there's nothing quite like VR combat when it works wonders. Even using swords/shields is fun.

Still top tier VR experience alongside RE7/Astro.

Agreed. If you flail around, it will look clunky. If you try to role play and only use precision strikes, slashes and stabs it feels really cool.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
While people are looking for games to check out I want to recommend Wayward Sky and Headmaster from the launch days of PS VR.

Wayward Sky was the first 3rd person diorama style adventure game I played in VR and I thought it was a great proof of concept and pretty charming and fun. There have been other games like this by now, i.e. Moss, that are a bit more advanced, but I think Wayward Sky can still be recommended.
Headmaster is simple fun and it has a great sense of humor. It reminded me a lot of Portal in regards to its storytelling and communication with the player. It's also good and easy game to demo.

Speaking of demo, both are included on the first VR demo disc which everybody can download. Those two demo discs are probably the best introduction to the technology in general. It always pained me when people jumped headset first into a full game that might not be for everybody and got a sub par first impression that way.
I really enjoyed both demos at launch. Need to pick them both up. I also keep telling myself to finally buy Tethered.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
WOWWW THE HYPE IS REAL!
Yesterday I finally had my first VR experience and I'm feeling like a children lol
First things first : not gonna lie as soon as opened the box and started plugging everything I was kinda "Ok so that's a lot of cables" it took me some time to arrange everything in my living room in a way I it looks good again but I managed to do it.
I decided my first experience would be The Last Guardian VR and I'm so glad I did it.
FUCKING TRICO IS HUGE!
The environment felt so alive, the feeling of being there is something that I just can't explain. The first butterfly that passed in front of me put a smile in my face that still here lol
Being in contact with Trico, specially for someone that loved The Last Guardian, mounting on his back, jumping with him it was pure joy!
After that I jumped into Alumette and completely lost my sense of real space lol
I was walking around that flying city ,entering that boat to see its details, sitting and laying on the floor to get different camera angles. It waa really simple but at the same time really cool.
My first 'real gaming' experience was with Playroom VR with the game where you are a Dinosaur and have the chase the little bots. I had a blast with it even playing alone controlling both the Dino and the bot lol
Like I said previously today we will have a family meeting here and my sister is bringing another 2 DS4, I just can't wait to play it like it's supposed to play with other persons!
I still have to try the other games.
Just to measure my hype after those experiences : I went bend around 4AM and put an alarm to wake up 9AM to get back to VR lol
I wake up and jumped into the Spider Man Homecoming Experience and oh boy my dream as a child became true : I was Spider Man for a day lol
I'm seriously I don't know what kind of deal Sony have for the IP but all I can say is : I NEED A MORE COMPLEX SPIDER MAN VR EXPERIENCE!
I played it 4 times in a row lol
I tried to play the Call of Duty pilot thing but I don't know why it just don't allow me to "Accept User Agreement" so I just dropped it.
After that Invasion and just like Alumette it's really cool to be inside a movie. I hope we get more experiences like these.
And yeah I'm love with VR even with those basic games/experiences lol
I'm saving the best for later!
I'm going to start Rush of Blood now and come back later to tell how it was.
So far I can say that I'm so happy that I pulled the trigger, it was not in my plans and I was really afraid that the loss on visuals could break my enjoy of it but the immersion is so huge that you just forget about it and literally enter into another world.
Sorry for the wall text but I'm so happy that I wanted to share it with you guys ( :

Status
Not open for further replies.