• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing some Skyrim VR and is it just me or does people attacking you seem too much in your face, maybe it's the POV? It feels like they're too close when they're attacking and get half way my arms reach.

The subtitles are also way too much in your face, I don't need 3D text poking in my eye, just have it at the bottom or top as a flat text.

If you've ever been in a fight, well, that's pretty much how it feels. It's certainly a major infraction on your personal space!

Said every sane person ever who played the Battlefront VR mission! What makes it even worse, it wouldn't need to be VR only, because these kind of games already worked on 2D screens in the past as everybody knows...

On the bright side though, I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of time that we'll get a full blown Star Wars X-Wing or whatever game in VR, it just makes too much sense. Betting my money on Sony and Colony Wars to go first, they just need to finally listen to my advice!!1

Eve Valkyrie already does a pretty good job of it, it just made the mistake of almost exclusively focusing on online multiplayer. Colony wars would be awsome. But yeah, a full X-Wing game for Vr should be a no-brainer. Most people with a headset would likely buy it.

NavyPharaoh

Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing some Skyrim VR and is it just me or does people attacking you seem too much in your face, maybe it's the POV? It feels like they're too close when they're attacking and get half way my arms reach.

The subtitles are also way too much in your face, I don't need 3D text poking in my eye, just have it at the bottom or top as a flat text.

I feel that makes it better than the flat version. The flat version u have no spatial awareness. VR u can get in, strike and step back. U see how long their arms are so u can distance yourself from the blow

Salty Hippo

Oct 25, 2017
I got one and love the immersion, but was disappointed at how low res graphics are. Picture quality is just not crisp, textures are washed out, there are jaggies and shimmering everywhere. It looks very different than what you see on the TV.

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
God damn, couldn't resist longer and bought the Mega Pack. Price was just too good to ignore. Now waiting patiently for the delivery and preparing myself to be very, very sick while playing Wipeout.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I feel that makes it better than the flat version. The flat version u have no spatial awareness. VR u can get in, strike and step back. U see how long their arms are so u can distance yourself from the blow

True, I just need some adjusting I think.

I got one and love the immersion, but was disappointed at how low res graphics are. Picture quality is just not crisp, textures are washed out, there are jaggies and shimmering everywhere. It looks very different than what you see on the TV.

This depends on the game too, Resident Evil 7 on a base PS4 looks like looking through bubblewrap and gave me a headache real, Astro Bot looks pretty good up close but anything in the background is a blur, same for Skyrim.

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
Said every sane person ever who played the Battlefront VR mission! What makes it even worse, it wouldn't need to be VR only, because these kind of games already worked on 2D screens in the past as everybody knows...

On the bright side though, I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of time that we'll get a full blown Star Wars X-Wing or whatever game in VR, it just makes too much sense. Betting my money on Sony and Colony Wars to go first, they just need to finally listen to my advice!!

I think you'd just have to make a VR-playlist. I wouldn't want to play in VR against people playing in 3rd person... it's just too advantageous. But that is a huge missed opportunity from EA/DICE to not have a Starfighter Assault VR playlist in Battlefront 2. They just need to model some interiors and push it out.*

*NOTE: I'm sure there's more to it than that, I'm using hyperbole. But still...

And if they actually made that game/mode, it would instantly become my GOTY.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
What are the best vr games to get a room full of people laughing?
There's a new entry, if we're including laughing at the behavior of the person wearing the helmet: Richie's Plank Experience (link is to a PSVR w/o Parole review), where you actually lay a plank out on the floor, input the plank's dimensions into the game, and then have the player "walk the plank" while it juts out from a skyscraper.

I'll wait until it's dropped to like $5 to pick it up - that's pretty much all there is to it - but it seems like it'd be fun as a first introduction for the right people.

wapplew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just bought Firewall and the Aim Controller for £40 here...

https://www.monster-shop.co.uk/product/firewall-zero-hour-and-aim-controller-psvr/

Hell of a deal, couldn't resist at that price. Is PS+ absolutely required to play the game or is there a single player mode that I can faff around in without the need to bypass an online paywall?

There is vs AI mode you can solo or coop.
Better get Farpoint if you want to bypass online paywall but it also have pvp and coop mode.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
There is vs AI mode you can solo or coop.
Better get Farpoint if you want to bypass online paywall but it also have pvp and coop mode.

Cool, as long as it isn't an Overwatch type deal where you HAVE to have PS+ to access the game then that's fine. I'll likely get a few months of PS+ later down the line, but I want to play some Firewall by myself to begin with, just to ease in to the experience.

Definitely got my eye on Farpoint. Any other worthwhile games that are compatible with the Aim controller?

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Cool, as long as it isn't an Overwatch type deal where you HAVE to have PS+ to access the game then that's fine. I'll likely get a few months of PS+ later down the line, but I want to play some Firewall by myself to begin with, just to ease in to the experience.

Definitely got my eye on Farpoint. Any other worthwhile games that are compatible with the Aim controller?

I really enjoyed Arizona Sunshine. But apparently if you're not on PS Pro it's terrible.

cnorwood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just bought Firewall and the Aim Controller for £40 here...

https://www.monster-shop.co.uk/product/firewall-zero-hour-and-aim-controller-psvr/

Hell of a deal, couldn't resist at that price. Is PS+ absolutely required to play the game or is there a single player mode that I can faff around in without having to pay for online?
Firewall is worthless without multiplayer, but the multiplayer is fun. Its going to make me subscribe to a year of ps+

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I just bought Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, VR Worlds, and Thumper in the sale.,

Brucey

Jan 2, 2018
Sorry I'm sure this has been brought up in this thread previously.

Does anyone have any tips for having the move controllers not drift and wiggle/shake. It's fine 85% of the time. But in super hot especially it can be hard to aim if I lean my arms out to my sides a bit. I have the camera about six feet high and aiming it slightly down. I'm in the play area the entire time. Seems to be issue when I'm turned sideways. But my body isn't covering the move controllers they're pointed ahead of me.

I've tried holding start to recalibrate my position and that helps a bit but it's still not optimal. Maybe it's the hardware more than anything?

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Sprint Vector is like Mario Kart meets Mirror's Edge meets Dreamcast-era Sega and it's great. I need to learn how to turn though.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Does anyone have any tips for having the move controllers not drift and wiggle/shake. It's fine 85% of the time. But in super hot especially it can be hard to aim if I lean my arms out to my sides a bit. I have the camera about six feet high and aiming it slightly down. I'm in the play area the entire time. Seems to be issue when I'm turned sideways. But my body isn't covering the move controllers they're pointed ahead of me.

I've tried holding start to recalibrate my position and that helps a bit but it's still not optimal. Maybe it's the hardware more than anything?

What's the lighting like?

You don't want any bright light or reflective surfaces to confuse the camera. You also don't want total darkness because the tracking lights bounce off your body more in the dark, which also confused the camera.

Brucey

Jan 2, 2018
What's the lighting like?

You don't want any bright light or reflective surfaces to confuse the camera. You also don't want total darkness because the tracking lights bounce off your body more in the dark, which also confused the camera.
Played it last night in pitch black and that gave me more trouble. Played today with natural light and still had quite a few hiccups but not as frequent.

It's not like it's unplayable it's just annoying especially in super hot when your gun suddenly starts sliding a foot away from you when you lean haha. It works fine for a while but every 2-3 minutes it will result in me dying. just hoping there were some tips I didn't know about that would completely fix it.

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
I've bought 7 new games as well. PSVR bundle came with Moss and Astro Bot.

Superhot VR
Farpoint
Skyrim VR
Wipeout Omega Collection
Space Trainer Pirate
Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality
Super Stardust Ultra VR

I need to stop, lol.
I was thinking about Rick and Morty earlier but I went with Accounting+ instead. I might grab it before the sale ends though.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
How is Rick and Morty?

I've been busy with Astro Bot, going to play Rick and Morty tomorrow.

I think Superhot is know to have issues. I've tried a bunch of games that work as intended but superhot is wobbly sometimes.

I was thinking about Rick and Morty earlier but I went with Accounting+ instead. I might grab it before the sale ends though.

Might as well buy it if it's going for a good price. I paid £20 for a physical copy, could have got it for half that price but I was misinformed about the flash sale end date.

everyer

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sprint Vector is fantastic! An SSX-like runner that will freaking exhaust you in the best way possible. There's a surprising amount of depth to the running/leaping/flying/climbing mechanics, and courses that give you multiple options. Worth it at full price, a steal at 50% off.
thank you!!!

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, this is pretty huge. The PSvR mega pack is at 222€ starting today in Europe (well at least here in Belgium, but i guess its all of EU). Promo lasts till the 31st
PLAYSTATION-VR-Mega-Pack-%289785613%29

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Status
Not open for further replies.