• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
Is there any difference between this new bundle and the launch bundle except for HDR pass through? Is there any improvement to the headset itself? My launch model had an annoying drift.

I hope there is less wires. I hear setting it up is a nightmare of wires. That's what I'm afraid of. Wish it was wireless. Also is this really bad on a OG PS4 as I've heard I'm definitely not upgrading to a pro two years before a new console.

ArnoldJRimmer

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I´ve seen some videos on youtube, graphics are so bad...is it better when you wear it?

It's worse, as it's right in your face.

But VR isn't about the graphics, that's what you learn when you try it. It's about immersion. You only start caring about the graphics when you've been using it for a while and finally start to notice the low fidelity of things. Unfortunately PSVR isn't the best at immersion either.

At this point, if you have a PC that is even a little bit better than a PS4 I would suggest you go for something like the new Samsung Odyssey Plus. The tracking is way better than PSVR, the controllers are way better than PSVR, the screen is way better than PSVR and the image quality will be better assuming your PC can handle it. This all adds up to better immersion.

I would only recommend a PSVR to someone who owns a PS4 Pro and doesn't have a PC that can be easily upgraded or really is against the idea of owning one.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
I´ve seen some videos on youtube, graphics are so bad...is it better when you wear it?
Two answers:

1) Yes, the social screen output is reduced quality.
2) In VR, graphics aren't super important to be honest. Because you can move your head in every direction and look around, that sense of "presence" is far more compelling than how the game actually looks. Until you try it, it's hard to believe but this is something you'll hear from everyone who has. Your brain just accepts the way things look as being normal. That sense of "being there" overshadows things like draw distance, texture detail, etc.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
I'm honestly waiting for deeper discounts if I want to play PSVR. I have a somewhat interst in it, but like Vita cam wait for better and cheaper bundles. Plus there's another hardware revision upcoming. Not sure if its wortg it to buy a past model one now.

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
I'm honestly waiting for deeper discounts if I want to play PSVR. I have a somewhat interst in it, but like Vita cam wait for better and cheaper bundles. Plus there's another hardware revision upcoming. Not sure if its wortg it to buy a past model one now.

source? I haven't heard of another hardware version upcoming and everyone here says PSVR 2 is years off?

What games would you guys recommended with PSVR?

germuso

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
thank you, I don´t have a good pc so psvr it´s my only chance, there aren´t any shop in my city with a stand to try psvr, I would buy it without any clue.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
I just found out on CAG that early access starts Sunday for best buy elite/elite plus but the gift card promotion ends Saturday so if you want to shave $15 off this headset and are shopping at bestbuy you should do the giftcard promo I posted sooner than later.

Thanks...my only choice is amazon since I have credit waiting to be spent.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know this is a PSVR thread, but I got an oculus and I never use it because there's very little I want to play on it. Psvr doesn't seem to have that problem, but what am I missing on Oculus currently? There's gotta be something right? There's that marvel game and lone echo, but they're both fairly expensive...

I'm leaning towards picking up the Astro bot and moss bundle because that combined with Tetris effect and resident evil 7 seem worth it. And I could get far point. And other stuff that's not on oculus.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
This is the best PSVR deal of the day in the UK so far, as far as I can tell anyway...

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ps...pair-of-move-controllers-16999-currys-3106262

The Starter Pack and Astro Bot for £170. Just ordered it myself.
£40 more for the move controllers too. Cheapest bundle I've seen with Move at £210.

If Amazon price matched (unlikely as they don't seem to have them in stock) I'd probably bite as I have credit there.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I realllllyyyy want to play Tetris Effect with a headset...

A 199 deal may bring me in. Beat Saber and SuperHot may just seal the deal.

Too much of a baby to play REVIII, even though it's probably great.

Jun 22, 2018
Apologies if this was answered elsewhere in the thread, but is the Black Friday deal available online anywhere, or is it just in-store?

Serein

Mar 7, 2018

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
I know this is a PSVR thread, but I got an oculus and I never use it because there's very little I want to play on it. Psvr doesn't seem to have that problem, but what am I missing on Oculus currently? There's gotta be something right? There's that marvel game and lone echo, but they're both fairly expensive...

I'm leaning towards picking up the Astro bot and moss bundle because that combined with Tetris effect and resident evil 7 seem worth it. And I could get far point. And other stuff that's not on oculus.

Brass Tactics is a good RTS.
Minecraft is fun in VR.

Job Simulator, Skyrim, Robo Recall seems fun, superhot, beat saber.

Those are a few

NavyPharaoh

Oct 27, 2017
Question. Will I like Moss and Astro Bot if I dislike platformers? Is VR so immersive that it changes the experience?

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Question. Will I like Moss and Astro Bot if I dislike platformers? Is VR so immersive that it changes the experience?
I am not really into platformers (I do like the biggest Marios, but not to play for long periods of time) but I played the demo of Moss and I was sad that it ended, I wish I could have played more. Astrobot was also a nice first experience with the VR, I always put it so that people play it when they come to visit me and they get wowed. Can't say for sure if you will like them but you will for sure feel that they are a different thing than a normal platformer.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I would only recommend a PSVR to someone who owns a PS4 Pro and doesn't have a PC that can be easily upgraded or really is against the idea of owning one.

Or, you know, doesn't want to miss on the PS4 exclusives. Astrobot alone is kind of worth it.

For the record I'm playing on an OG PS4 and enjoying all the games immensely. For me framerate has always trumped resolution and VR pretty much forces all the games to be 60 FPS minimum, so I'm covered.

It completely changes the experience, but it's hard to say if it will change it enough for you to like it. In Astrobot it's as if you were "inside" the world, and had a remote-controlled (but still "alive") tiny robot you guide through it (the game enforces this by having the robot look and wave at you when it runs close to you, and can even stick to your face when swimming underwater). The world is delightful and the gameplay changes a lot; the biggest downside is that it's on the short side (though very replayable thanks to how fun it is and finding all the robots in each world). The bosses are massive and in VR this makes them insanely impressive.

If you've never used VR it's hard to convey what I mean by the fact that you don't play as someone who's in that world: you ARE in that world, and are controlling a tiny robot that your brain is telling you that is real.

NavyPharaoh

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the quick reply guys. I played some RE7 in VR and was blown away so I think I'm a make the leap. Just trying to decide between which bundle to get and u guys have helped me immensely. Thanks

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017

Moss is much more about puzzle solving and light combat than platforming. Astrobot is very much a platformer so it's hard to say if you'll like it, but honestly I can't imagine anyone not enjoying it to some degree.

Briarios

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I know you've already had some good replies, but just to cement it - 90% of the main game is very easy platforming ... It's about navigating the environment and rescuing all the bots. The checkpoints are generous and restarts are fast.

Now, each level gives you the opportunity to unlock a challenge and some of those really test your timing and skills ... But they're seperate from the main story.

The boss battles are glorious.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
There wont be a PSVR2 because the technology is a fad. And sony drop hardware when interest dies. Wait until psvr goes into bargain bin.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
Really hope those rumors are true that PS5 has VR support built in and the new headset and controllers have inside out tracking.

I don't need a wireless headset, just want more simplicity (no breakout box) and higher resolution. Plug in the headset and you're good to go would be really nice.

For $199, the current headset is worth it IMO. Lots of good games and content at this point.

StrapOnFetus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TX
I work at best buy, no one wants a PSVR. The tech is not quite there yet. I tell people as much when they ask questions about it. Usually they pick a Switch instead.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I work at best buy, no one wants a PSVR. The tech is not quite there yet. I tell people as much when they ask questions about it. Usually they pick a Switch instead.
You are comparing the absolute opposites in terms of portability lol

Its like hey nobody wants this SUV, everybody buys bicycles instead

Status
Not open for further replies.