• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 12177

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For majority of the people (inc. me) motion sickness goes away.

Tips:
- stop as soon as you feel it
- wait until the next day to do it
- use the same content to condition yourself
- after a few days your body will adapt you'll never have to think about it again

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
The ones I can think of:

Playroom VR (predecessor to Astro Bot, amazing of course, and free!)
Dirt Rally (your in-game co-driver is silenced and a real life partner has to do a rhythm game of sorts to give you directions? not sure never played it)
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes (I think the bomb manual is on the TV while a player defuses the bomb in VR. Again not played it)
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes sounds fun, added to my wish list!

Are Skyrim and Resi 7 worth getting if I only have a DualShock or should I wait until I get Move controllers?

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017
So from what I've heard, the games that tend to induce motion sickness are more the ones that have the player moving throughout a 3D space, right? So something like RE7 or Skyrim would be more of a problem for people than Tetris, Polybius, Superhot, and games designed around teleporting, right?

I think it's important to note that movement in VR always feels weird at first, but it doesn't necessarily mean you'll get sick. As others have said, if you start feeling queasy, take a break immediately, but if it just feels odd, that's pretty common.

The first time I played Wipeout felt very strange and I thought I had just wasted money on a game that I wouldn't be able to play. But it never actually made me sick. Even after hours of play.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
You have the right idea. Polybius has some rotation and forward movement, so that one might cause nausea if you're sensitive, though it should be fine for most.

I think it's important to note that movement in VR always feels weird at first, but it doesn't necessarily mean you'll get sick. As others have said, if you start feeling queasy, take a break immediately, but if it just feels odd, that's pretty common.

The first time I played Wipeout felt very strange and I thought I had just wasted money on a game that I wouldn't be able to play. But it never actually made me sick. Even after hours of play.

Alright, cool. Thanks!

Another question: Is the aim used for anything worth playing other than Firewall?

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
My recommendations for games.

Out of left field and it never really got the recognition it deserves. A mostly overlooked launch day title called Here They Lie. It's essentially a horror walking sim with occasional mild stealth elements (Nothing hard). The graphics are a deliberate low-fi dreamlike style but the sense of scale is immense. There's a wide variety of environments to get through and the game has literally the best motion capture I have ever seen. It's cheap and probably my GOVR. I need to play through it again.

Here's part of my playthrough of it. I timestamped it to pretty much the start of the city of animal headed people

Other stuff
Tetris
Polybius
Astrobot
Skyrim (If you have Move controllers)
Resi 7 oh man.
Wipeout

EliVilla

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I have a headset already but I had drift all the time which sucked has that been fixed or is there something I can do to fix it? I bought Astro Bot so looking to get back into VR a bit.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
I do want to play Astro Bot, but I already have a Rift, a high-end PC, and a limited amount of space. I can't really justify dropping $200 on a PSVR for one game (two, counting Tetris Effect), right?

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I do want to play Astro Bot, but I already have a Rift, a high-end PC, and a limited amount of space. I can't really justify dropping $200 on a PSVR for one game (two, counting Tetris Effect), right?

I'm in the exact same boat. I thought of getting it just for Tetris Effect but that is some frivolous shit lol so ya I'm gonna pass I think.

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The "sweet spot" is up and down on your forehead - finding it shouldn't have any difference glasses or not. Unless - I hadn't thought of this before, but are you wearing varifocals?

No, just regular glasses for short-sightedness. I will have to give it another go. I just found it distracting from the experience. If there is a sure-fire guide to setting up I'd love to see one, including how to set the eye distance accurately and which way to adjust for maximum sharpness.

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
The deals are tempting but the way I see it: you pay $200 for PSVR, potentially love it's small library for a couple of weeks and then it collects dust while also ruining traditional gaming. There's also no PSVR games that are particularly exciting on the horizon either, I've heard PSVR support in Dreams will be "limited".

I think I'll get a Switch this holiday instead and get VR if it ever becomes mainstream.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
I've already prepurchased quite a few PSVR games.
I still need Astro Bot, ZOE, Deracine, (Should I get Skyrim and Doom?), and a couple of others.
Oh right, Tetris. Almost forgot!

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
It's okayish as in I don't think VR particularly makes the experience much better but it works fine. Get it cheap unless you are a big fan is my recommendation.

You'd want to buy it as a neat remaster of ZOE2 with VR mode as an extra boon rather than ZOE in VR being the main hook if that makes any sense.
I am a decent fan and it's cheap in the UK no VR yet tho

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
I really want that astrobot bundle but can't find it in Spain. Hopefully it will appear sometime during black Friday week

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
The deals are tempting but the way I see it: you pay $200 for PSVR, potentially love it's small library for a couple of weeks and then it collects dust while also ruining traditional gaming. There's also no PSVR games that are particularly exciting on the horizon either, I've heard PSVR support in Dreams will be "limited".

I think I'll get a Switch this holiday instead and get VR if it ever becomes mainstream.

Genuine question, But is this a serious post and point of view?

Like in no parallel universe does it have a small library, There's are games that you play in VR that make there's flat TV iteration laughable in comparison( RE7,Wipeout,Tetris,Skyrim)... Me and a buddy completed Horus no station in co-op, Was a surreal experience.

I get it if you don't want it, But it's library is the best on offer, And the fact you can jump in for less than £200 is ridiculously scandalous when I paid near £700 on release for it all.

Seems you are a glass is half empty Guy when it concerns VR.

afrodubs

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for the influx of impressions during the next few weeks lol. Astro Bot, RE7 and WipeOut are going to blow some fcukin minds!

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
Genuine question, But is this a serious post and point of view?

Like in no parallel universe does it have a small library, There's are games that you play in VR that make there's flat TV iteration laughable in comparison( RE7,Wipeout,Tetris,Skyrim)... Me and a buddy completed Horus no station in co-op, Was a surreal experience.

I get it if you don't want it, But it's library is the best on offer, And the fact you can jump in for less than £200 is ridiculously scandalous when I paid near £700 on release for it all.

Seems you are a glass is half empty Guy when it concerns VR.
Most of its library are games I've already played or games that haven't been received that well critically, Astro Bot is the stand out title from what I can see and I don't think I can justify buying PSVR for such a short game.

Also as I said I wouldn't want to make the flat screen experience seem bad or "laughable" because that's where the large majority of great games are and will be for the foreseeable future.

Gaston

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone know if there will also be a deal on the move controllers? I caved and bought a PSVR for my fiancée for Christmas and now I'm wondering if it's worth it to go the extra step.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That $199 Astro Bot + Moss bundle is enticing. I've been sitting on titles I've been wanting to purchase for a while (Star Trek Bridge Crew, Resident Evil VII, Doom VFR, ZOE Mars, and some others). My question is, do y'all feel confident that PSVR2 is coming next year? I don't want to get it PSVR this year but have it be completely obsolete in less than a year.

If PS5 releases next year, I don't think PSVR2 will be launching with it. It would be too much of an initial investment for the mass market to swallow, and by year 2 people would be expecting discounts even though most people wouldn't have bought it near launch.

PSVR is great. If there are sweet deals on black friday, absolutely go for it.
I highly doubt PS5 would be released H1 2020 or earlier. PSVR2 only makes sense for PS5, so it's going to be released in H2 2020 (PS5 launch) or later.

afrodubs

Oct 27, 2017
Also as I said I wouldn't to make the flat screen experience seem bad or "laughable" because that's where the large majority of great games are.
Huh?

Fwiw, I play 60% flat games, 40% VR games. VR for me is like gaming+ (TM). If I wanna kick back on the couch I play the latest hotness. Otherwise I'll play VR for maybe an hour or so and go back to flat gaming, or I'll play hours of VR. It's an extra option... Not really a competing one.

I won't lie tho a good VR game is just better, I play a lot of flat games thinking about how much better it will be when these games come with a VR option (and eventually I see this happening - think RE7).

But here's my main point, it doesn't diminish the fun I have with flat games. It's an additional thing that I can do, which happens to be more immersive, more interactive, more fun usually. It is what it is...

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
I downloaded the two demo packs from the store. Are the games which received Pro patches updated there as well or are they stuck at their 1.0 versions?

Also is Robinson worth it for under a tenner? Virtual reality dinosaurs sounds like something I want to see.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Most of its library are games I've already played or games that haven't been received that well critically, Astro Bot is the stand out title from what I can see and I don't think I can justify buying PSVR for such a short game.

Also as I said I wouldn't want to make the flat screen experience seem bad or "laughable" because that's where the large majority of great games are and will be for the foreseeable future.

I wouldn't put my gaming fun stock in critically acclaimed titles, VR games in general don't get covered nearly as much as they should, You get a game like Horus Station where reviewers will play it SP to get the review out then state it can be played co-op, Where the game completely turns. They'll mention nausea or some other 2016 excuse to hate.

I get you not wanting that flat TV gaming experience ruined, As playing Destiny 2 after something like Farpoint made me and my friend point out how crap Destiny 2 looked and felt in comparison.

Even still though chap, It's ridiculously cheap... You probably would get alot of fun and enjoyment out of some games.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Huh?

Fwiw, I play 60% flat games, 40% VR games. VR for me is like gaming+ (TM). If I wanna kick back on the couch I play the latest hotness. Otherwise I'll play VR for maybe an hour or so and go back to flat gaming, or I'll play hours of VR. It's an extra option... Not really a competing one.

I won't lie tho a good VR game is just better, I play a lot of flat games thinking about how much better it will be when these games come with a VR option (and eventually I see this happening - think RE7).

But here's my main point, it doesn't diminish the fun I have with flat games. It's an additional thing that I can do, which happens to be more immersive, more interactive, more fun usually. It is what it is...

Let's be honest, Were both getting Cyberpunk 2077...

And all were both gonna think is how much we would prefer it in VR, Being inside that world and seeing it with our own 2 eyes.

Hell just give me a Deus Ex game in VR!

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
I downloaded the two demo packs from the store. Are the games which received Pro patches updated there as well or are they stuck at their 1.0 versions?

Also is Robinson worth it for under a tenner? Virtual reality dinosaurs sounds like something I want to see.
I haven't tried them in a while but last I checked, they were stuck at their 1.0 versions unfortunately. Also, Robinson is one of the best visually stunning VR games to me. It's technically a walking sim with some puzzles and collectibles to discover but the sound design, voice acting, and presentation are good. Story is a little light but serviceable. It'd be cool for Crytek to make another but doubt it'll happen with the internal issues they were going through. Definitely worth it but it may give you a little sickness in the beginning due how its camera works. It was one of the first early titles near launch and I had to develop my VR legs with it.

Last edited:

afrodubs

Oct 27, 2017
Let's be honest, Were both getting Cyberpunk 2077...

And all were both gonna think is how much we would prefer it in VR, Being inside that world and seeing it with our own 2 eyes.

Hell just give me a Deus Ex game in VR!
A few minutes into the reveal my mind already went there! My fingers are still crossed... Believe!

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
Damnit the Moss/astrobot bundle is now in store only. Knew I should of stayed up until midnight last night or would that have made a difference. Do you think i should wait/ could it change through out the day? Is the Superhot/ Creed bundle V2? I hear it is at least. On the plus side I wont have to pay $100 for move controllers I guess but I wanted Moss/Astrobot. :(

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017

Where do you see Robinson for under a tenner? I want that. Does it require move?

RZetko

Oct 27, 2017
Why go through this? Get an Odyssey Plus for 299 and it'll be miles ahead on the PC

Possibility of both PS and PC exclusives and Odyssey is unfortunately not available in my country. First real worthwhile option on PC for me is Oculus Rift at 500. Between PSVR and Rift there's only Oculus Go which is completely different platform.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
2 days ago i missed an Ebay auction with second revision headset, 2 move controllers, aim controller for 200€ because i slept away. was mad furious after i saw that it was sold at this steal price...albeit it would have come without any packages and invoice which was more or less some kind of gamble if the lenses were damaged or a cable broken

so, today i see that amazon.de has the headset for 199€ with cam and VR worlds, really considering to pull the trigger because i don´t have it in me to check ebay for weeks and weeks till i see another good auction.

the thing that has me a little bit worried is the move controllers, they are a whooping 80€ in a twinpack here, on ebay they go for 45-50€, so i would still have to hunt down these because no way i am paying 80€ for them...

now, i really think i will order the 199€ set, play Tetris Effect, Rez (which is btw one of my favourite games ever) and Thumper while i keep looking for the move controllers. i am a little bit miffed that there is no set with games for 199€ over here though, VR worlds is more or less a glorified demo disc...

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
I haven't tried them in a while but last I checked, they were stuck at their 1.0 versions unfortunately. Also, Robinson is one of the best visually stunning VR games to me. It's technically a walking sim with some puzzles and collectibles to discover but the sound design, voice acting, and presentation are good. Story is a little light but serviceable. It'd be cool for Crytek to make another but doubt it'll happen with the internal issues they were going through. Definitely worth it but it may give you a little sickness in the beginning due how its camera works. It was one of the first early titles near launch and I had to develop my VR legs with it.
Thanks! I'll consider it if I enjoy what I have on my plate at the moment and if VR works for me.

Where do you see Robinson for under a tenner? I want that. Does it require move?
Part of the Black Friday sale at the moment on the PSN store.

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
2 days ago i missed an Ebay auction with second revision headset, 2 move controllers, aim controller for 200€ because i slept away. was mad furious after i saw that it was sold at this steal price...albeit it would have come without any packages and invoice which was more or less some kind of gamble if the lenses were damaged or a cable broken

so, today i see that amazon.de has the headset for 199€ with cam and VR worlds, really considering to pull the trigger because i don´t have it in me to check ebay for weeks and weeks till i see another good auction.

the thing that has me a little bit worried is the move controllers, they are a whooping 80€ in a twinpack here, on ebay they go for 45-50€, so i would still have to hunt down these because no way i am paying 80€ for them...

now, i really think i will order the 199€ set, play Tetris Effect, Rez (which is btw one of my favourite games ever) and Thumper while i keep looking for the move controllers. i am a little bit miffed that there is no set with games for 199€ over here though, VR worlds is more or less a glorified demo disc...

Hey I would rather have astrobot/ Moss too but bestbuy says it's in store only and I don't want to hunt down move controllers. ;(

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
Tempted to just pick it up on Amazon right now. Gamestop opens up at 11, though. I hope there isn't a line coming in...or that Amazon doesn't sell out of it does.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
I keep debating getting this. As much as I would like to play Astro Bot, I know many other VR games I've played made me sick. I'm hoping Sony sticks with VR next gen and has a much better headset and controllers that also works with PS4 VR games.

Status
Not open for further replies.