• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StrapOnFetus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TX
What does the Switch have to do with PSVR? They have completely different purposes.

Money better spent elsewhere. Mostly adults working two jobs, portability over a 2-300$ headset is just a better value for my customers. Plus saves me a very likely return against my numbers as PSVR is one of our most returned items.

Edit: To clarify one of the most returned items in gaming

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Picked one up. I think it's defective.

Processor unit doesn't seem to be able to hold power for more than a minute. It just hard powers off and the only way I can seem to get it to power back on is to physically remove the power cable and plug it back in.

StrapOnFetus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TX

Processor unit doesn't seem to be able to hold power for more than a minute. It just hard powers off and the only way I can seem to get it to power back on is to physically remove the power cable and plug it back in.

This right here, some people can drink the Sony Koolaid and I got many people who responded to my original post. Fact is, it is not a premium product, it is a novelty.

My job as a sales consultant is to give the customer the knowledge and tools on a product. If Sony releases a product that is not up to customer expectations (which is the case) Then the blame falls on Sony.

I am not some anti Sony gremlin looking to shit all over Sony products. The X750 TV is awesome for gaming. If there is value ill push the product. If not and it gets returned thst hurts my margins and numbers like I said it is business.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3058

Oct 25, 2017
This right here, some people can drink the Sony Koolaid and I got many people who responded to my original post. Fact is, it is not a premium product, it is a novelty.

My job as a sales consultant is to give the customer the knowledge and tools on a product. If Sony releases a product that is not up to customer expectations (which is the case) Then the blame falls on Sony.

I am not some anti Sony gremlin looking to shit all over Sony products. There X750 TV is awesome for gaming. If there is value ill push the product. If not and it gets returned thst hurts my margins and numbers like I said it is business.
Errrr. Unlike a bunch of customers that would buy a VR headset I already know what I'm getting into since I have a Vive.

I bought the PSVR because I know what to expect, and I am willing to put down that money to experience it.

I just want to know if others ran into similar problems and can help me out. When I get this fixed I will not be getting a refund.

So nah, fall back on using me as an example of your anecdotal disaffected customer.

StrapOnFetus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TX
Errrr. Unlike a bunch of customers that would buy a VR headset I already know what I'm getting into since I have a Vive.

I bought the PSVR because I know what to expect, and I am willing to put down that money to experience it.

I just want to know if others ran into similar problems and can help me out. When I get this fixed I will not be getting a refund.

So nah, fall back on using me as an example of your anecdotal disaffected customer.

You were never my fallback, sorry to break that news to you.

I actually enjoy it when people do research on a product before they buy it. Makes for a fun conversation.

Deleted member 3058

Oct 25, 2017
Jeeze.

Anyway, anyone ran into my issue? What was the resolution?

To recap:

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Jeeze.

Anyway, anyone ran into my issue? What was the resolution?

To recap:
Have you tried plugging into another outlet/socket? Otherwise, yeah, return/exchange it.

Also, why were you being quoted by StrapOnFetus? lul

cnorwood

Oct 28, 2017

I am not some anti Sony gremlin looking to shit all over Sony products. The X750 TV is awesome for gaming. If there is value ill push the product. If not and it gets returned thst hurts my margins and numbers like I said it is business.
Could it be possible that out of a few million products a few of them could be faulty? Especially since this is the first time they have produced a product like this at this kind of scale? I have had a PSVR 1.0 for 2 years and don't have any problems, I haven't heard a bunch of people say these problems here or on the Reddit.

Mailbox

Oct 30, 2017

What are you talking about?!
That poster was discussing a potential defect.

You act like defects never happen in a production run.
If you actually are a sales consultant (which means fuck all btw) then you'd know that.

JFC don't be such an uppity jerk.

That's definitely a defect.
I can play mine for hours at a time with no issues with the processor.

Either try a new plug/ socket or return it :S

StrapOnFetus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TX
User Banned (1 Week): Trolling and Platform Warring
What are you talking about?!
That poster was discussing a potential defect.

You act like defects never happen in a production run.
If you actually are a sales consultant (which means fuck all btw) then you'd know that.

JFC don't be such an uppity jerk.

That's definitely a defect.
I can play mine for hours at a time with no issues with the processor.

Either try a new plug/ socket or return it :S

I dont think you realize it, but be careful with the word uppity. It has racist connotations to it towards African Americans thank you.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
Money better spent elsewhere. Mostly adults working two jobs, portability over a 2-300$ headset is just a better value for my customers. Plus saves me a very likely return against my numbers as PSVR is one of our most returned items.

Lol hyperbole, hyperbole, anecdotal hyperbole. Are you even the manager of your particular store? How would you know what's the most returned item on just your shift alone or anyone else's, let alone know what's the most returned item in gaming.

I took the bait. Kinda irritated me.

Noriea

Nov 8, 2017
"straponfetus" asking another user to to be careful with their words ಠ_ಠ

Back on topic though. I'm considering getting the Astro bot, Moss bundle. Mostly for Tetris effect though.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
I almost want to get one for Beat Saber. But after playing the Vive a few times (which I believe to be the peak of VR gaming right now), I don't think I'd use it enough. I would probably just make other people play it more than I played it myself. As it's so fun to see someone's first reaction to various VR experiences.

I'm waiting for the inevitable wireless headset. Not sure how close we are to that yet.

Oct 27, 2017

People wanna try it during the weekend lol. Doesnt make it a bad product. Its not for everyone, but everyone wants to try it.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I've thought about it but I don't think it would work in my room? Also, I think I have too much stuff to play to have time to be playing around with VR.

But it's definitely an interesting bundle...

afrodubs

Oct 27, 2017
Could it be possible that out of a few million products a few of them could be faulty? Especially since this is the first time they have produced a product like this at this kind of scale? I have had a PSVR 1.0 for 2 years and don't have any problems, I haven't heard a bunch of people say these problems here or on the Reddit.
Exactly. Had one since launch, been on Reddit since then too. It's possible, but you'd think there'd be complaints on PSVR Reddit, but there aren't.

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Any glasses wearers willing to report their experience? Have heard it's totally fine to its a blurry light leak mess and unusable..

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
Bundles are getting priced pretty aggressively in the UK, and we're not even at BF yet. £180 for the starter kit plus astro bot and moss is crazy value. At this price we're getting close to "fuck it" prices. Hell, that's almost the price of a shitty collector's edition game with statue...I've wasted a lot of money on those.

I recommend anyone on the fence to jump in at this price, you won't be disappointed and will have a platform that will run for a good while yet.

j^aws

Oct 31, 2017
UK
I work at best buy, no one wants a PSVR. The tech is not quite there yet. I tell people as much when they ask questions about it. Usually they pick a Switch instead.
Well, I picked up a PSVR last summer, and it has given me some of the best gaming memories since I started playing games 40 years sgo. It's a good thing you weren't serving me when I went to buy one, otherwise you would be responsible for me missing out.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
I have an awesome 4k TV so I'm not really eager to jump into VR yet. Just seems like a waste of a good TV.

Justsomeguy

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Bundles are getting priced pretty aggressively in the UK, and we're not even at BF yet. £180 for the starter kit plus astro bot and moss is crazy value. At this price we're getting close to "fuck it" prices. Hell, that's almost the price of a shitty collector's edition game with statue...I've wasted a lot of money on those.

I recommend anyone on the fence to jump in at this price, you won't be disappointed and will have a platform that will run for a good while yet.
I'm hanging on for games and move controllers in the bundle for 199 then I'm in. Already have wifely permission sorted.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I am not some anti Sony gremlin looking to shit all over Sony products.

Why lie when anyone can check your post history composed entirely of Nintendo fanboyism?

Any glasses wearers willing to report their experience? Have heard it's totally fine to its a blurry light leak mess and unusable..

My SO wears glasses when using it most of the time, but has also used it wearing contact lenses; I just asked her and she says it's perfectly fine if you adjust the visor distance correctly (so that your glasses don't stick to your face) and that there's pretty much no difference between glasses and contacts. I specifically asked about light seeping out from the outside and she said there's no problem with that.

Last edited:

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
That makes no sense. This is a supplementary experience with different games. Not a replacement for TV gaming.
I guess you're right. I was still thinking of VR as just an alternative way to experience my games, like 3d movies or something. But I suppose there are enough unique experiences built for the system that it's more of a unique experience at this point.

NavyPharaoh

Oct 27, 2017
I work at best buy, no one wants a PSVR. The tech is not quite there yet. I tell people as much when they ask questions about it. Usually they pick a Switch instead.

How does "no one want it" and yet they "ask you questions about it." That's a contradiction.

I dont think you realize it, but be careful with the word uppity. It has racist connotations to it towards African Americans thank you.

No. There's a phrase we say amongst ourselves that usually is followed by another word. I've never been called uppity by another race. Let alone be offended by it. WTF? I didn't think you were trolling but this on top of your other post seems like u on that troll shit

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So.. are we expecting to refresh Amazon at midnight EST tonight to snag this deal? Someone walk me through this so I know what to expect..

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Surely ps5 won't lead to psvr2 right away ? Seems psvr could benefit from beefier hardware.... I'll probably wait for psvr2 though having a 15 month old that I have to watch 24/7 Is not conducive to wearing a blindness helmet lol

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really, Really tempted to get one this year. But yeah, having a newborn that I have to watch makes it kind of iffy.

sebco

Oct 27, 2017
Era has convinced me to pull the trigger on this deal when it goes live. Superhot, Tetris Effect and Astro Bot all on my short list.

Oct 27, 2017
You were never my fallback, sorry to break that news to you.

I actually enjoy it when people do research on a product before they buy it. Makes for a fun conversation.

What does being a sales consultant for Best Buy have anything to do with the viability of this product bringing me entertainment? Conflating people possibly bring back faulty equipment or those who have issues with VR in general as "people don't want it" is spotty as fuck.

Deleted member 48828

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 21, 2018
No, no, don't consider it. This isn't the best time to get into it at a decent price point and I'm definitely not saying this so I can hog all the Black Friday deals for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.