• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
RE2_Claire_Oct8_screen7-1170x429.jpg

The lickers of RE2 1998 were terrifying. Hell, they still are. The lickers from RE2 2019 are even more terrifying. Legit some of the scariest monsters ever put in a game. I'm very glad they were done justice.

Now though, the real deal is about to be served to us: the hunters.

resident_evil_remaster_hd__hunter_revelations__by_xmastergeorgechiefx_d8g0y4x-fullview.jpg

See, these assholes were the original "this creature is going to fuck you up" enemies. They were also equiped with long claws, could jump a distance, and had a distinctive freaky cry. They are still my favorite enemy in the whole series, and I cannot wait to see how RE3-R reimagines them.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Even if they take RE2R as foundation for RE3R, I expect the game give you more tools to survive. Like a dodge movements or something.

Evoker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm game for all the original enemies except the giant spiders. I barely can play any game with giant spiders. 😥

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they make them more menacing than the ones in revelations. Those were lame and felt more like generic enemies.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
Really hope they don't cut a lot of the enemies from RE3make like they did with 2.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
You mean those giant frogs thing?

I dont know, I was never freaked out by them, visually.

Lickers tho ... Shat my pants in 98 and shat my pants in 2019

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
They are probably my favorite normal enemies from the franchise. And they are also an argument why RE3 needs a dodge system. They ought to be very fast and deadly, they wouldn't fit in the framework of REmake 2.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Hunters are by far one of the most dangerous enemies in the franchise. Large upright battletoads with wide swipes and fast movement. Lickers may look more intimidating but hunters are the real threats.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hunters are too cool to be scary tbh, unless they give them some fucked up redesign.

Oct 27, 2017
I am looking forward to the drain demos. Those are like a faster, weaker G. If they make them even more powerful like the lickers then they will be something else.

Hopefully they put everything from RE3 into the remake. The missing enemies were sorely missed. If anything, they should bring some of the RE 1.5 enemies back into the game. Especially the Spider Man enemy.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Was just saying this in the other thread! Really want them back in this game. Hoping not too much is cut enemy wise this go around.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they decapitate you like they did back on the PlayStation. Sadly, they probably won't. They original did in REmake via pre-release footage, but it was taken out in the final release. I hate how tame character deaths have been in more recent RE, RE4 and 7 were like the only exceptions.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Well, unless they severely nerf Nemesis, which could run in the original game, the game needs to have a dodge/hide system.
I wonder if they will do Isolation style mechanics where the player can hide and creep away to avoid Nemmy. In RE2 you could kinda hide from X if you had high enough cover to block his vision.

REmake3 is gonna be a whole lot more action focused and faster if they want to add hunters in. I don't see how they could do them justice if the pace of the game is the same as REmake 2

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
As someone who finished the RE2Make 8 times this year, I dont even know why I want to play R3make. Incoming dozen hours of panic I barely can handle.

OP
OP
AuthenticM

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I want them to eat me.
kinky

don't forget the giant worm

If this enemy is in the game, I hope it's better. The first time you see it, the fight can be pretty frustrating. And the second one is just boring.

I'm honestly dreading these things more

latest
I honestly never cared for this enemy. I've never liked its design. Hopefully the remake makes them better.

I cant remember what the retcon is, are Lickers failed hunters still or are they advanced crimson heads?
I think they are just humans who mutated this way because of the t-virus. There's artwork of half-mutated licker in RE2-R's archives.

They are probably my favorite normal enemies from the franchise. And they are also an argument why RE3 needs a dodge system. They ought to be very fast and deadly, they wouldn't fit in the framework of REmake 2.
Well, unless they severely nerf Nemesis, which could run in the original game, the game needs to have a dodge/hide system.
Yeah, RE3 needs slightly more mobility than RE2.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
It is funny with the Lickers. They were terrifying... up until you realized you can simply walk right past them and be on your merry way 😂