• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
So actually is zero years, because this year she couldn't get in anyway, right?

Thank god
Well, yeah, but also this year's SGDQ (Summer Games Done Quick, typically in July in Minneapolis) and next year's AGDQ. So a year's worth of events. But at least it's not a permanent ban.

I guess they don't want to break rules, which is a shame because the least this poor girl should get is a free pass to this year's event (is it even still ongoing?). But I understand it would set a precedent that others might want to abuse, so I can't fault them for it.
It's still going for today and however long into the small hours of Sunday morning, but as far as I'm aware, she's been there the whole week? Not sure on that. But it makes sense for her to get a year ban, since people do try to pull one over with old badges like this, and yeah, it would look really bad if they made an exception in this case. Because... as gross as it feels to type this out... you just KNOW asshole people would be like OH SO IF I CLAIM SEXUAL ASSAULT THE BAN CAN BE OVERTURNED??? People are the worst, as we've seen from reactions to this happening.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile

Don't you dare to bring this thing here.

What happened to the person who falsely accused him?

The situation is confusing, there's many sides to the story and it might not get any resolution ever. People still saying he "was with 15 yo girls" but it was dismissed, that the parents are saying it was just an emotional response by the guy, that the girl tries to apologize on private and then she comes out to say it was a lie.

Last edited:

Baircade

Aug 21, 2018
Europe
I just noticed he actually gained followers on twitter since last night... And is retweeting transphobic shitposters who agree with his insanity....

Are some delusional kids so bored and mad about their own uselessness they just shitpost and spread hate on twitter all day? I just pretend they are bots to make me mourn humanity less.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
If he really got a layer, wouldn't they tell him to fucking stop posting on twitter? Even his alleged final statement, where he admits that he may be an asshole, could be used against him in a court case.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
If he really got a layer, wouldn't they tell him to fucking stop posting on twitter? Even his alleged final statement, where he admits that he may be an asshole, could be used against him in a court case.
It's possible he hasn't told his lawyer all that he's put on Twitter. Or he's making the lawyer part up

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
It's possible he hasn't told his lawyer all that he's put on Twitter. Or he's making the lawyer part up

I imagine that any competent lawyer these days would probably ask what they fucking posted on social media as one of their first questions. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have one. I imagine this is just an attempt to A) intimidate people from criticizing him and B) give the appearance to his shitty supporters that he is actually standing up against something.

Uzuki

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Holy shit what a fucking trashbag of a human being. This is beyond just being a asshole, the guy is a legit psychopath and a dumb one at that. It's baffling how guys like this make it past their 20's.

Also for future reference it might be best to use screenshots of the tweets and not just the tweets themselves just in case the account gets suspended or put in private.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"At the end of the day, there's a lot I'm willing to accept. Is it fair to say that I've been an asshole? Sure, I can accept that, but I am never going to back down from from being publicly accused to a 3rd party for sexual harassment. I've retained a lawyer."

You made all this a public shitshow and just publicly said, that you're an asshole.

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck is a lawyer going to do? AGDQ can ban him for whatever they want.

Defamation of character? He's the one that posted his own screenshots showing he's a psycho.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also for future reference it might be best to use screenshots of the tweets and not just the tweets themselves just in case the account gets suspended or put in private.
Saved all the screenshots he made from the Discord messages, the ones from his former girlsfriend and some other creepy shit.
Plus screenshots users here made of him and stuff he shared

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
What a fucking creep. All the "do you know why I did it... Do you hate me..." shit in the Insta posts is infuriating. He lured a girl there to get her banned (I still don't fully understand why she got banned, there's a lot going on with this story) and then is trying to act like he did some noble thing or like he's a victim. I've met dudes like him, they're all trash.

Also lol at "a lie detector will exonerate me," fuck off dude.

Oct 25, 2017
Well he's certainly suspended now

clicking on embeds here show suspended. visiting his actual twitter from other sources just says protected. idk the guy is scum. i hope nothing bad happens to the girl as a result of this. hope she has friends there that are looking after her.

Last edited:

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Oh, he def suspended now.

tumblr_inline_minmps9MhW1qz4rgp.gif

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah *now* it shows his account as suspended for me.

I wonder if it was all of the above. Made his account private, and then kept getting suspended and unsuspended.

May 9, 2018
Twitter terminology note:

Private/Protected: Visiting the profile page shows "This user's tweets are protected." A user can toggle this to prevent people from following the account.

Suspended: Visiting the profile page shows "This user's account is suspended." (i.e. what is happening now). Usually the offending user has to delete their offending tweet(s) to regain access.

There's a difference.

Last edited:

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Twitter terminology note:

Private/Protected: Visiting the profile page shows "This user's tweets are protected." A user can toggle this to prevent people from following the account.

Suspended: Visiting the profile page shows "This user's account is suspended." (i.e. what is happening now). Usually the offending user has to delete their offending tweet(s) to regain access.

There's a difference.

Yes, I know the difference. But it's been showing both to different people at different times.

grunkleFungus

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
NC, US
Man, I wish I could see his lawyer's face when his lawyer searches his pseudonym. He's in deep shit from what's been shown on his own tweets and from evidence people freely showed. Whoops.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
His account still shows suspended for me. I can't see the tweets when they get posted in here, so it would be easier to screencap, or at least provide some text quotes.

JustJavi

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
A lie detector won't fail if the person believes his own lies, right? Don't really know how it works, we don't use that method back where I'm from nor where I live.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
His account still shows suspended for me. I can't see the tweets when they get posted in here, so it would be easier to screencap, or at least provide some text quotes.
Yeah, same. It's really weird, though, because if I manually type in his username, it shows his account is private. But trying to click on the links here to get to the tweets, it says "account suspended"

logan_cadfgs

Oct 28, 2017
So he's off Twitter for now, but is he continuing his theatrics elsewhere online? I don't think he'll be able to come down from his meltdown state until he quits getting attention from "supporters".

OniLinkPlus

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A lie detector won't fail if the person believes his own lies, right? Don't really know how it works, we don't use that method back where I'm from nor where I live.
Unless lie detectors have changed in recent years, lie detectors would be more accurately described as "stress detectors". They watch for symptoms of stress, under the assumption that people get stressed when they lie. Obvious flaws: people can be stressed while telling the truth (even from just taking the test itself!), and people can maintain calm while telling lies.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Even if lie detectors were meaningful or relevant (they ain't), a lie detector is irrelevant here because he's not really accused of lying. People are calling him out for the behaviour he explicitly admitted to himself. What a tool.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Just caught up on his Ex-Fiance's tweets and screenshots, Jesus.

So his plan was to seemingly lure Mari there by manipulating and blackmailing her, having sex with her, then getting her banned from future GDQs so that she's out the picture and he can lure his ex back into his web of deceit.

And it all came gloriously tumbling down like a house of cards and he ended up purchasing a fucking digger truck to dig his own grave 100ft deep. So as a result he has lost any possible chance with his ex, lost Mari, lost GDQs, lost the speedrunning community, lost Twitter, lost any future mainstream public platform and his entire character completely tarnished. Good.

Oct 25, 2017

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
lol

I'm guessing he didn't get that lawyer because any sensible lawyer would have told him to shut his damn mouth.

OniLinkPlus

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And he's gone private again (or he was for a few minutes). What a coward. If he's having some sort of mental breakdown, I hope he's able to get the help he needs, because there is no way this ends well for him if he continues.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
TM9yi2L.png

Matt Merkle being the Director of Operations for GDQ. Does he not have anyone left to tell him what a bad look this is?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
What the hell is going on now? This dude is lashing out and threatening people? Totally thought his account was suspended.

Nexxious

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Now he blackmailing everyone? Dudes lost it, If he did talk to a lawyer he wouldn't be posting what he is still.