• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I'm confused. Who's notch and what's the back story there with this 10k donation?

Also did the convention say what they banned him for? What's the guy accused of doing?

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
"I won't go into detail but that's the beginning of what happened"

That is the (first) shitty thing that was done in this situation that the misogynist-leaning are going to ignore / dismiss. That's the thing he did which even he won't admit that got him banned.

After that we know the extra shitty things he did in response.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Good on GDQ.

I'm confused. Who's notch and what's the back story there with this 10k donation?

Also did the convention say what they banned him for? What's the guy accused of doing?
Notch is the guy that created Minecraft and huge piece of shit. He's also known as the most pathetic billionaire in the world.

PrintedCrayon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seadome
A messy situation for sure, but posting all those details publicly is a real dickhead move.

Horrible situation to be in, I'll never understand why "No" doesn't mean NO. Like, have some fucking respect ffs

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
This is the most inappropriate thing I've seen on the internet since the new year. This guy Chad has some seriously screwed up issues and I'm reporting everything on those Twitter links I can to hopefully get it deleted. What an absolute psycho. This dirty laundry should not be aired in such a manner.

TheLastOne

Oct 25, 2017
This is why I don't like people trying to do "nice", "good", "favors" for me. It's all with expectations and conditions.

Yeah, he put himself in a terrible situation and frankly, offering to pay her way with the expectation that something more would happen was a bad move.

Obviously we don't know what actually happened that night, so we can only judge the actions after the fact.

1) Putting private chats out in public is shitty
2) Cancelling her return flight is shitty but frankly somewhat understandable if he feels he was truly wronged as she misreported the complaint

EDIT: If the reason he cancelled her ticket is because she didn't sleep with him, that's just a scumbag move.

Last edited:

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
"If you don't fuck with me you don't get to return home"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'M BANNED FROM THE EVENT I'M SUCH A NICE GUY"

Crowfunding to get her home when?

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Even if it had been her idea for the room and airfare for sex they both should have had a back up plan in case either of them backed out from actually wanting to have sex. Of course coming off as a creeper then being a shit heel isn't going to win you any sympathy.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Apologies but where are the assault claims/her side?

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Classic Nice Guy behavior.

Apologies but where are the assault claims/her side?

Not assault related, as we know so far. That would warrant criminal investigations. He basically bought her a ticket to the event and was miffed he didn't get sex and basically does not want to pay her way back since he didn't get laid.

He then made all this public on Twitter cause he's an idiot.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like the moral here is that consent is fluid and people can change their mind.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
she asks if hes down to fuck just so if it happens he would be ok with it. Not for him to immediately start pushing in that direction and everything. It was a "if it happens it happens" kind of thing not "omg i want your dick right now" kinda of thing.

by the end of the conversation she was clearly uncomfortable.

I very highly doubt that he didnt do anything to creep her out. Because hes a creep.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, he really wants to cancel her ticket back home
2w3u6me.png

Plus he added two new screenshots from the Discord conversation
https://twitter.com/cdgexe/status/1083522374144835585

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
He just liked this tweet comparing sexual consent with leaving her trapped there:
G5ab3M.png

Great guy lol

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
"I won't go into detail but that's the beginning of what happened"

That is the (first) shitty thing that was done in this situation that the misogynist-leaning are going to ignore / dismiss. That's the thing he did which even he won't admit that got him banned.

After that we know the extra shitty things he did in response.
What was the first shitty thing again?

HP_Wuvcraft

Oct 26, 2017
South of San Francisco
What charity did he donate too?
Prevent Cancer Foundation. This is all on the GDC site. Seriously,
Yeah, he really wants to cancel her ticket back home
2w3u6me.png

Plus he added two new screenshots from the Discord conversation
https://twitter.com/cdgexe/status/1083522374144835585
"Do you mind if I call you kitten?" is a huge red flag, but then again, I'm only saying that because we already know this guy is a shitfuck.

And those Discord messages make him sound worse. He sounds like "we'll EVENTUALLY bone" and she sounds like "MAYBE we'll eventually bone".

Did he say if he's kicked her out for not having sex with him or because he was banned?
You can read the thread. It is only three pages.

Getting banned from a video game competition vs. having a dude who you are relying on for your ticket home cancel it. Which one do you want to throw in with here?

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Victim blaming and dismissing allegations of sexual assault
To be honest GDQ shouldn't ban anyone without proof. Does she have? Or only her word?

I'm not talking about this case but in general. So any woman can just accuse a man and get him banned of the event without proof?

OP
OP

Deleted member 5491

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's nearly 2am here. I need some sleep.
If the OP needs to be updated please contact a staff member to do this, because I can't for the next few hours.

Oct 29, 2017
"I didn't sexually harass her!" *proceeds to post lengthy tweets of private, intimate details of what she was doing in the hotel room with him*

Bruh. You're sexually harassing her right now.

What are you doing lmao

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Does the guy think posting PMs will buy him sympathy or something? The guy is deranged if so.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
To be honest GDQ shouldn't ban anyone without proof. Does she have? Or only her word?

I'm not talking about this case but in general. So any woman can just accuse a man and get him banned of the event without proof?
What proof she has doesn't need to be public information.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so lemme get this straight

these two streamers were friendly and he approached her
he offered to buy her ticket
they did some things
afterwards she had second thoughts and decided against it

...the issue here is him buying her the tickets. That's a power move, a literal 'I have power over you coming and going' move. Disgusting.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

Do you see the very personal and inappropriate screenshots he's tweeting out painting him to be the nice guy trope to a tee?

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone actually explain the Notch controversy without just saying "He's terrible" or "He's alt-right"? All I can find is some of the homophobish stuff from 2017

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man that's fucked up in every way imaginable. How in the world did he think it was a good idea to post any of that? They're not only super private conversations but have zero relevance to whether or not she gave consent in the moment