• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NightHawk

Dec 6, 2018
Kind of ironic that I've just watched the episode of Boston Legal where Alan Shore talks his receptionist into sleeping by his side due to night terrors.

8-boston-legal-jungle-04_22_23.jpg

No means No dude.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
XGpL5R.png

TIjvcZ.png

"Her flight technically isn't cancelled. We'll see what happens" Is that a threat? It is a fucking threat. I read that as "if she acts the way I want, I won't cancel her ticket".

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Her flight technically isn't cancelled. We'll see what happens" Is that a threat? It is a fucking threat. I read that as "if she acts the way I want, I won't cancel her ticket".
I think it's more like he's trying to justify himself by saying that he hasn't cancelled her flight yet, "Look! I'm a good guy! I didn't cancel her flight even after all what happened!"

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
The most stunning thing of all is the absolute obliviousness to how this is all coming across to normal onlookers. He brain is so fried by this type of toxicity that he can't see how over the line he is.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017

Alternatively, "I tried to cancel the flight, but the airline are currently having none of it. Fingers crossed, though."

Oct 26, 2017
I've seen it time and time again, but not normally to this degree.
These weirdos think interactions with women are like dialogue choices in games. You choose the correct responses and that's it, you get the sex. Whenever a woman does or says anything outside what they expected it's like she's cheating or changing the rules of the game.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
I've seen it time and time again, but not normally to this degree.
These weirdos think interactions with women are like dialogue choices in games. You choose the correct responses and that's it, you get the sex. Whenever a woman does or says anything outside what they expected it's like she's cheating or changing the rules of the game.
Yeah this is a good read of the situation imo.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Those diatribes where we very obviously tried to steer the conversation into sexual territory, fucking yikes. Total creep.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That line is awkward af, but I feel like everyone is skipping over the part right before where she said "I'll be your sex toy all week."
So what? She got there and saw that he's not what she thought he was and backed out. If he was actually a good person he would have respected her wishes instead of throwing a tantrum.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
That line is awkward af, but I feel like everyone is skipping over the part right before where she said "I'll be your sex toy all week."

Oofs all around, imo.

I haven't read the screencaps of the discord conversation, out of respect of what should have been left private, but it doesn't matter what she said. Nor does it really matter what he said. Awkward or not, it seems that the flirting was mutual and that's partly why she flew out to meet him. There's no problem there.

The problem is that the guy is throwing a colossal hissy fit because she withdrew consent and didn't want to sleep in the same bed as him, and he's having a public meltdown about how he was owed something because he paid for the plane ticket. Which is not how consent works.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
User banned (1 week): victim-blaming rhetoric over a series of posts
So what? She got there and saw that he's not what she thought he was and backed out. If he was actually a good person he would have respected her wishes instead of throwing a tantrum.

Absolutely, she had no obligation to sleep with him. I'm not arguing against that or anything.

I just personally don't like that everyone's acting like she wasn't at least partially complicit in this scenario. Just my observation and take on the sitch that I don't think has been expressed in the thread. We all already agree he's a fucko who shouldn't be flying women out to try to creep into their pants. She did egg it on, though.

Casualcore

Jul 25, 2018

I'm confused. He's got someone called Weather in the bed? Was Weather on the floor before? So what's his actual problem if he has his snuggle buddy and is fine with floor-sleepers?

EDIT: Obviously his problem is a permaban for being a creep. I just can't figure out his defense. It's leakier than a septuagenarian boxer.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely, she had no obligation to sleep with him. I'm not arguing against that or anything.

I just personally don't like that everyone's acting like she wasn't at least partially complicit in this scenario. Just my observation and take on the sitch that I don't think has been expressed in the thread. We all already agree he's a fucko who shouldn't be flying women out to try to creep into their pants. She did egg it on, though.

So if a woman flirted with a man and went on a date and ended up getting assaulted, then it's her fault then right? It sounds like in your opinion it would be.

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of those situations where I wish I had the power to summon that giant foot from the opening of Monty Python's Flying Circus tot drop out of the sky and smush the person of my choosing, complete with the accompanying fart sound effect. It would be perfect for this situation.

What a creepo!

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
And? Saying that she would have sex doesn't mean she has to give sex in the end.

I guess what I'm saying, before someone thinks I'm defending all this trash he's doing, is that his frustration/anger is, a bit, justified. She has the right to not sleep with him, 1 hundo percent, but part of how she got the ticket, if I'm understanding the brief paraphrased transcript from a few pages ago, was through that conversation around them having sex in the first place that they both egged on and, if she was creeped out, she could've (and should've, with hindsight being 20/20) backed out before taking the free ticket or, as others have mentioned, having a backup plan.

So if a woman flirted with a man and went on a date and ended up getting assaulted, then it's her fault then right? It sounds like in your opinion it would be.

This is the kind of statement I was trying to avoid having levied against me. My point is that his frustration is valid but his actions are indefensible.

Wow. Maybe you want to clarify what you mean by "it" because currently it looks an awful lot like you're blaming a victim for her own harassment.

"It" was solely in reference to the really bad attempts at flirting in the chatlog, most particularly the sex toy line.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah the time honored scorned dudebro method of airing out all this shit in public because you're mad she didn't have sex with you, you perfect adonis you.

None of this needs to be public, wtf kind of jerk airs out all this shit just because he tried to be creepy and she said no to having sex with him. Nothing about this is justifiable, from his actions during, or his actions now. IDGAF if he's mad a the situation, you endure an awkward hotel room for a week or one of you moves rooms. That's it. That's the extent of how far this should have gotten. Instead you gotta be creepy and air her out trying to make yourself a victim because sex is a commodity to be purchased.

Oligarchenemy

Oct 25, 2017
I guess what I'm saying, before someone thinks I'm defending all this trash he's doing, is that his frustration/anger is, a bit, justified. She has the right to not sleep with him, 1 hundo percent, but part of how she got the ticket, if I'm understanding the brief paraphrased transcript from a few pages ago, was through that conversation around them having sex in the first place that they both egged on and, if she was creeped out, she could've (and should've, with hindsight being 20/20) backed out before taking the free ticket or, as others have mentioned, having a backup plan.

This is the kind of statement I was trying to avoid having levied against me. My point is that his frustration is valid but his actions are indefensible.

"It" was solely in reference to the really bad attempts at flirting in the chatlog, most particularly the sex toy line.

Getting damn close to "she asked for it."

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing he actually thinks posting that shit is A: okay, and B: makes him look like anything but a fucking creep.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney

Oofs all around, imo.

Not really she met him and he was gross and manipulative and thought actually I don't want to have sex with him anymore. Happens all the time and is totally normal and natural.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
Harvey Weinstein basically went to prison for this, so he should be considering himself lucky for just getting a ban.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't matter if she said before hand that she'd have sex with him. When he pressed her, in the moment, when they were in person. She said no and now he's being a dick.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
The problem with the "she egged him on" argument - well, one of many problems - is that it assumes men are uncontrollable animals when it comes to sex and once we get started we have to get what was started or we have a right to be angry.

Which, like

No? If you don't get sex, regardless of what was promised or how much your engine was revved, you don't actually have the right to be upset. That's fucking dumb.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
How are people STILL looking at this situation and being all 'well, he's got a point!'

No. No he hasn't. People have such a warped view of consent, intention, manipulation and a person's agency over their body and life.

He isn't valid in this situation. At all. His actions and defence are both well, indefensible.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Seems that people are arguing whether him cancelling the plane ticket was wrong.

I mean, it's not, but he's a massive douche for doing that.

Oligarchenemy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to believe that there should be a class in Highschool you have to take that's all about what consent means. Too many dudes don't seem to fucking get it.