• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
ive never seen so many comments on a stream calling people "auts". Are these the kinds of people that subscribe to his stream or is everything just fucked?
The streamer himself seems to be doing it too. People were saying this guy is reasonable for the Jontron interview but my experience here is making me fucking depressed.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Not trying to defend him, just trying to knock her down a peg or two.

Not my intention, but I see how it can come across that way. I just had another perspective I saw on the situation which shouldn't even be on any of our radars in the first place that I wanted to at least try and discuss since I was here. Everything else on the scenario that 'needs' to be said already has.

I think she'll be fine though, the idiot posting and making all this public has only bolstered the support for her by shedding an even bigger light on exactly how bad her situation was with him, with several people here throwing around the idea of crowdfunding a ticket for her, assuming that the org doesn't do it themselves.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not really she met him and he was gross and manipulative and thought actually I don't want to have sex with him anymore. Happens all the time and is totally normal and natural.
Literally had that happen to me on a date last week. Met the dude after flirting heavy through texts, found out his personality in person is super creepy and manipulative and I felt incredibly uncomfortable and said "no thank you" and left after dinner.

Online is not sacrosanct. Just because someone says they'll do some shit online and you mesh through text doesn't mean the same compatibility happens in person. In fact more often than not the clashing of expectations vs reality make it even more stark and uncomfortable. But the power dynamic here adds that nice extra layer of "dude fucking just knock it off and stop being a creep"

fallingedge

Oct 25, 2017
I understand the doods frustration but once she said no, it is over. Could have handled it a lot better.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What a piece of shit. Posting all this shit makes him look even more creepy and awful. Not letting her fly home? Really?

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ive never seen so many comments on a stream calling people "auts". Are these the kinds of people that subscribe to his stream or is everything just fucked?
The streamer himself seems to be doing it too. People were saying this guy is reasonable for the Jontron interview but my experience here is making me fucking depressed.
Nah Destiny is a fuckboy, typical "liberal" why wants the clout of being "progressive" (which is a meaningless term) and challenging the overt and obvious racist bullshit a youtube man says for internet clicks and money, but also says "faggot" and uses typical gamer edgelord bullshit to cater to an audience consistent of mostly shrieking children.

Oligarchenemy

Oct 25, 2017

He got banned from here. You should see the shit he said and make up your mind.

He's not a good person.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
The issue isn't that he's frustrated. Probably not like this, but I am sure most of have been on a date or whatever with a person and it didn't go the way you expected or hoped. It happens. A person should act civil about it and move on. The problem here is that he is threatening to leave her stranded far away from home and he's showing private messages online to shame her and rally support from the bottom feeders of the internet who will no doubt harass her in the future. And this is only the stuff he is saying to everyone. I wouldn't be surprised is the full picture is creepier and more predatory than what we already know.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney

Being better on race science than Jontron is an extremely low bar to clear honestly

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Seems that people are arguing whether him cancelling the plane ticket was wrong.

I mean, it's not, but he's a massive douche for doing that.

How is him cancelling the ticket 'not wrong'?

They explicitly had a conversation about him promising to get her home and that there wasn't any strings or possible conflicts with that.

He literally just manipulated her, didn't get what he wanted, so effectively punished her and basically making her stranded.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah the time honored scorned dudebro method of airing out all this shit in public because you're mad she didn't have sex with you, you perfect adonis you.

None of this needs to be public, wtf kind of jerk airs out all this shit just because he tried to be creepy and she said no to having sex with him. Nothing about this is justifiable, from his actions during, or his actions now. IDGAF if he's mad a the situation, you endure an awkward hotel room for a week or one of you moves rooms. That's it. That's the extent of how far this should have gotten. Instead you gotta be creepy and air her out trying to make yourself a victim because sex is a commodity to be purchased.
I'm 100% sure that the hotel room only got awkward because he was feeling entitled to her, if he acted in good faith and, instead of throwing a tantrum and kicking her out when she slept on the floor, talked to her like a good person, I doubt things would be awkward at all, he brought this upon himself.

My take on this is as follow: She may have initially agreed to sleep with him, but after the first night she couldn't do it, maybe the guy wasn't what she thought he was, maybe she wasn't feeling secure with herself in doing it, whatever, it doesn't matter, what matters is that she backed out. At that point it's fine to feel disappointment at first, but it's no excuse to be a piece of shit, when she slept on the floor, he should have talked with her instead of throwing a baby tantrum and fucking kicking her out of the room and cancelling her ticket, literally stranding her there. I feel no empathy for this person, especially since he made this all public and now this woman has a target on her back.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
The issue isn't that he's frustrated. Probably not like this, but I am sure most of have been on a date or whatever with a person and it didn't go the way you expected or hoped. It happens. A person should act civil about it and move on. The problem here is that he is threatening to leave her stranded far away from home and he's showing private messages online to shame her and rally support from the bottom feeders of the internet who will no doubt harass her in the future. And this is only the stuff he is saying to everyone. I wouldn't be surprised is the full picture is creepier and more predatory than what we already know.

For sure having a frustrated romantic experience, whether it be an unrequited crush all the way up to a sexual partner deciding at the last moment that they don't want to, is something I'll bet 99% of adults have dealt with.

But for some reason these freaks think they've had some grave injustice done to them and start doing a fairly accurate re-enactment of the Dennis from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia implication scene and start getting all vindictive and transactional and I can't help but think gee wonder why that person didn't want to fuck you.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to believe that there should be a class in Highschool you have to take that's all about what consent means. Too many dudes don't seem to fucking get it.

I believe in the British Curriculum consent is handled under either PSHE (Personal, Social and Health Education), or under pastoral time, which is described as

policy and practices fully integrated throughout the teaching and learning and structural organisation of a school to effectively meet the personal, social (wellbeing) and academic needs of students

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
I believe in the British Curriculum consent is handled under either PSHE (Personal, Social and Health Education), or under pastoral time, which is described as

I can only speak from my experience but our PSHE curriculum didn't cover the concept of 'consent' in my memory. I definitely remember it covering puberty, sex and the like but not the social constructs surrounding it.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
I can only speak from my experience but our PSHE curriculum didn't cover the concept of 'consent' in my memory. I definitely remember it covering puberty, sex and the like but not the social constructs surrounding it.

I'm pretty certain it's only started covering consent within the last couple of years - essentially since #metoo. Hang on...

https://www.pshe-association.org.uk...nce-teaching-about-consent-pshe-education-key

Documents are dated early 2015, so actually a couple of years before #metoo hit the headlines.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is there any medical research/history on his supposed need to sleep with someone? To me it just sounds like a warped way of him trying to justify himself.

Wonderbrah

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Wait, so what happened after he kicked her out? Why did she accuse him of sexual harassment? It doesn't sound like he raped or sexually assaulted her. It sounds like he acted like an entitled prick when she said no to sleeping with him and kicked her out and canceled her plane ticket home. Is it after he did that, that she filed a report against him?

Oct 29, 2017
I mean if you're in a spot where the girl you're talking to is cool with accepting you buying her flight tickets, a hotel, and sharing a bed in said hotel, and when they do their "thing" ends up in her preferring to sleep on the floor, I'm gonna go ahead and say she wasn't freeloading and more like the dude creeped her the fuck out at some point in that interaction.

Wonderbrah

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I haven't read the screencaps of the discord conversation, out of respect of what should have been left private, but it doesn't matter what she said. Nor does it really matter what he said. Awkward or not, it seems that the flirting was mutual and that's partly why she flew out to meet him. There's no problem there.

The problem is that the guy is throwing a colossal hissy fit because she withdrew consent and didn't want to sleep in the same bed as him, and he's having a public meltdown about how he was owed something because he paid for the plane ticket. Which is not how consent works.

I think he's throwing a tantrum because she reported him for sexual harassment and got him banned from the event for life, no?

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so what happened after he kicked her out? Why did she accuse him of sexual harassment? It doesn't sound like he raped or sexually assaulted her. It sounds like he acted like an entitled prick when she said no to sleeping with him and kicked her out and canceled her plane ticket home. Is it after he did that, that she filed a report against him?

should probably look up the difference between sexual harassment and rape / sexual assault

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
How is him cancelling the ticket 'not wrong'?

They explicitly had a conversation about him promising to get her home and that there wasn't any strings or possible conflicts with that.

He literally just manipulated her, didn't get what he wanted, so effectively punished her and basically making her stranded.

The same reason why she's not forced to do anything, he's not forced to do anything either.

You can't have one without the other, that would be hypocritical.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
I think he's throwing a tantrum because she reported him for sexual harassment and got him banned from the event for life, no?

The hissy fit ~seemingly~ started when she didn't want to share a bed anymore since his whole schtick apparently is he can only sleep with someone else in the same bed, and escalated further when things started coming out and he went full nuclear meltdown when he was reported for harassment.

But we don't really know what happened in the bed and if he threw a fit originally then. We, the public, have only heard his damage control version of events and I think she's only reported her side privately to AGDQ officials. I just get the feeling he made an issue of not getting sex originally, henceforth her wanting to sleep on the floor, and it's escalated from there.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The same reason why she's not forced to do anything, he's not forced to do anything either.

Sure, he's not forced to, but he ends up coming as a fucking huge manipulative dick in stranding her there, and any good faith he may had with the GDQ staff was gone after this.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017

You're literally defending his right to abandon her there because he didn't get his sex. Stop.

Her sexual consent isn't a transaction. She isn't a product or service. He manipulated her, and has retaliated because he didn't get his way. Him promising initially to get her there and back, no strings or awkwardness or pressure or anything, bears no relation to the later possibility of a sexual encounter, which she later recanted on because guess what... She has agency over her body.

Rigbones

Oct 25, 2017
iirc In the chat he said he would have a roomate that he could ask to leave

Wait so his whole argument is that he supposedly didn't care about the sex but needed company to share the bed with.. but he has someone else other than her he could share the bed with? I'm guessing his condition then requires the company to be female? Lmao.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait so his whole argument is that he supposedly didn't care about the sex but needed company to share the bed with.. but he has someone else other than her he could share the bed with? I'm guessing his condition then requires the company to be female? Lmao.
Yeah, this is weirdly suspect.

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
That's a lot of pictures.
I have condensed this epic for you into a relatively shorter summary. Normal is him, italics is her. Be aware this is a summary and is not word for word.

Hey no biggie if you wanna come hang with friends I got you a place to stay, no obligation. I'll even get you a plane ticket.
Wow awesome thanks I'll think about it! ...okay I'm in!
I'm so lonely, I can't even sleep without cuddling. People can cuddle as friends, right?
Yeah cuddling is awesome I'm game.
It's a new year it's time to try new things. Like cuddling with me.
*Planning shit and misc.*
Hey do you like having your head scratched, my technique is perfect.
Hell yeah I do
You deserve this.
Wow I trust you and I don't even know you.
Take it easy, I would never hurt you. You're only young for so long, gotta take chances. Right? Riiiiiiight?
*multiple vague references throughout to romantic interest during a prior relationship*
Okay time to set some ground rules. Are you down to fuck or not? I don't like holding hands or getting emotional.
Cool no pressure I just wanna get my dick wet as friends.
(Authors note: Holy shit that escalated immediately)
...I usually try to avoid banging friends.
No pressure. If we happen to fuck no biggie, right? Anyway, would you be interested in bondage? It sounds like you're pretty down to fuck. No holding hands, though. Got it.
I guess... I'm down for whatever. Normal sex is okay, nothing crazy.
Oh sure sure, I'm very accommodating, always have been, that's who I am, safety first! Mr. Safety! My choking method is very safe.
Well maybe not so much that, but spanking is pretty tight. I'm pretty vanilla but sure I'll be your sex toy for the week.
Alright my kitten shh shh, do you mind if I call you kitten? Sh kitten, we'll take it at your pace.
Yeah maybe get to know each other a bit first. Feel each other out.

And then the actual event rolled around and they met up. I guess after feeling it out, she wasn't feeling it anymore. She didn't want to sleep in the same bed as him and planned to camp out on the floor, he told her she was no longer welcome in his room at all, claiming it isn't fair of her to make him feel awkward like that. Now he's entertaining the idea of cancelling her plane ride home as a big ol fuck you.
She reported him for harassment to the con so he posted their entire sex contract conversation on twitter looking for vindication, which backfired.

Edit: Updated where I got them swapped.

No offense to the bondage community, you guys are cool, but I have the distinct impression this guy intended to force his fetish on this girl, regardless of her boundaries.

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Why on earth would you ever post a private discord conversation like that? It shows his true colors and that she dodged a bullet with him, hes fucking nuts and clearly never cared about her.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No offense to the bondage community, you guys are cool, but I have the distinct impression this guy intended to force his fetish on this girl, regardless of her boundaries.

I like bondage myself, but yeah it's something that really needs to full consent and enjoyment of both parties to be anything other than at best awkward and at worst horrific (not that this was what cdgexe was trying to do, but in any case whatever happened it's clear that cdgexe is in the wrong).

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018

I'm willing to bet that the ticket he bought is nonrefundable. Cancelling the return trip may in fact cost him more than if he did nothing at all. Going out of the way to cancel a ticket, at your personal expense, strictly to punish someone for refusing to sleep with you, is not fairness. It's witless malice.

Easy_D

Oct 28, 2017
This dumbass is comparing going to the cinema with sleeping in the same bed

qPuyFe.png

beFyIn.png
I guess he views all women as prostitutes going by his language

Armoredgoomba

Jun 17, 2018
Dude is acting really terrible at a bare minimum it sounds like sexual coercion from his end, based on how he's acting I don't see why any females attending GDQ should feel comfortable around him.

His "truth" from all those private chats just prove there is no great injustice going on here just a creep that can't take no for an answer.

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
Reminds me of that guy who made The Room. If a woman doesn't want to be with him, she must be in the wrong.

Turns out the guy she didn't want to be with was a total douchebag. Who would have guessed?

This dumbass snitched on himself basically. Except for his fellow douchebags, he basically showed his true colors so we didn't have to speculate.
Why?
Because him and the other douchebags will see this as some poor innocent little boy being tricked by a cruel harlot who just wants to use him for plane tickets when all he wanted to do was cuddle to stave off some illness he may have.
It's like they use a different sense of sight completely and to him this was the smartest thing he could do.

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
He tried to play nice guy until she changed her mind, fuck outta here with that shit. As soon as she was uncomfortable it's over. This isn't some binding contract, and him cancelling the ticket is purely out of spite considering Delta charges $200 for changes and cancellations so he's not getting any refund out it, he's doing it for revenge. Trash.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
You're literally defending his right to abandon her there because he didn't get his sex. Stop.

Her sexual consent isn't a transaction. She isn't a product or service. He manipulated her, and has retaliated because he didn't get his way. Him promising initially to get her there and back, no strings or awkwardness or pressure or anything, bears no relation to the later possibility of a sexual encounter, which she later recanted on because guess what... She has agency over her body.

No, I agree with you.

It's his right though.

And by doing it, he revealed to everyone that he objectifies women, that he expected her to be a sex worker, and that he doesn't care about using his power to get back at her.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
No, I agree with you.

It's his right though.

I don't believe "it's his right" is correct. He has a moral obligation (and perhaps a legal one, but IANAL) to let her use the return tickets. He has the ability to prevent her from returning on his money, yes, but he does not have the right to prevent her.

Last edited:

MindofKB

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
She changed her mind and he react like an immature baby.

When making this "agreement," he had to have known that she's a human and can say "no" at any given time. That's just life.

He definitely can kick her out and cancel her flight, but man, it definitely spikes his childishness up a few levels.

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
Do I have this right?

Creepy dweeb streamer with money convinces another community streamer he wants to have sex with to come to an event completely on his dime. He peppers her for sex, she plays along all the way up until she gets there.

When they get there he's ready to get busy but she's not about that life. He acts like the dweeb he is because he feels he got played for a free trip (which he probably did) and he acts like a complete douche. Then he gets kicked from the event for being a creep.

He's still upset he got played and that he couldn't get his "choke her out" sex on, so he goes online and then plays himself for everyone to see.

Who raised these people?

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Yuck. Judging from this dude's very public meltdown, I think it's pretty safe to extrapolate that the actual sexual harassment that Mari reported to AGDQ was him trying to pressure her into sex with threats and extortion. I mean, he's pretty openly stating on Twitter that he expects sex from her and is willing to strand her 1000 miles from home to get it.

Oct 29, 2017
Good that GDQ acted swiftly and decisively here.

I'm sure they'll act to protect her and get her home if this shit bag tries anything or tries to leave her stranded.