• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Unclebenny

Oct 28, 2017
There should be no defence of this guy's actions. I'm including the "swapping dirty DMs bit as well.

This guy is incredibly predatory. The entire relationship is founded on inblanced power dynamics. As far as I can tell, they didn't really know each other before, so the first thing interaction is this kind stranger offering to fly you out to a locations for a few days of gaming fun. Something she is obviously super excited for.

Then the complications start getting added, "I can't sleep without cuddling", "we don't need to fuck but maybe we can", "you can reject me but only before we get in the room, anything else breaks our verbal contract".

All of this is planned. This whole thing was an attempt to get laid and the fact he has posted those chat logs and doesn't understand how bad they look shows how fucking oblivious he is to his own actions.

He took advantage of this girl and she is now likely going to really struggle to have a public presence after this because she will be hounded by fucking idiot right on men who can't comprehend consent.

So no defending any of his actions, he gets everything he deserves.

trugs26

Jan 6, 2018
The OP isn't quite clear, but as I understand it there's 2 things going on.

The first, the two flirted online, then she rejected him in person, and he's cancelling her flight home because he's bitter about it (which is an extremely manipulative and a terrible thing to do if I understand correctly).

Then there's the whole sexual harassment layer on top of this, right? Basically, the allegations we don't know the details of?

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how anyone can read his twitter and not see that however he came across before they met (which was still creepy to me but hey) when they actually met his true self was revealed and he's probably even more insane in person. What a nightmare situation for her to be in.

Solo Kazama

Banned
Dec 27, 2017
It doesn't matter if he was comfortable or not - he offered the room in the first place it's his problem to deal with if his advances aren't reciprocatee and she still want s to stay in the room (especially if she has nowhere else to go)

He should reserve second room (I think) instead of what he did. They flirted she didnt like him - no problem, here your room and we can go our ways. Like adults do.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I agree. Both are growns up, both know about potential sex; If he got rejected - then its kinda normal you wont to spend a week with this person in a room ( Proably he should reserve just another room for her. I dont understand this bashing when both parties knew whats going on.

There could be even another layer - what if she had it planned "tease, free ticket, free hotel, reject, easy profits". You have no idea what some girls can do just for free dinner (there are even groups when girls talk about it and fish for richer guys just to have mentioned dinner for free in restaurant then bye).

Jesus fucking Christ. I saw your edit, Get the fuck out of here with that MRA bullshit.

Hong

Oct 30, 2017
Please be careful when talking to strangers online (this guy is a stranger as they have never met). This creep was sweet talking her so hard, you can tell she got a bit overwhelmed and said things she didn't really want to say/mean. He played with her emotions. This is absolutely not her fault, and 100% the guys fault. But please be careful with what you say to someone, some people will try to take advantage of you like this guy did.

Also no means no, you can't legally obligate someone to have sex with you. Seems like the guy has zero experience in dealing with women or people in general. How can you be so stupid? Do we have to teach relationship advice in high school now? It sure seems like it.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Why all "nice guys" at the same way? It's amazing how it feels like they always follow an script that makes them act the exact same way, and that somehow, they have not realized yet that flirting with girls that way never works, because a woman would rarely want to spend time with someone so insecure and creepy

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I 100% agree. Both are growns up, both know about potential sex; If he got rejected - then its kinda normal you wont to spend a week with this person in a room (like some kind of cuck). Proably he could reserve just second room for her (and thats it). I dont understand this bashing when both parties knew whats going on.

There could be even another layer - what if she had it planned "tease, free ticket, free hotel, reject, easy profits". You have no idea what some girls can do just for free dinner (there are even groups when girls talk about it and fish for richer guys just to have mentioned dinner for free in restaurant then bye).
Human decency, something that he doesn't have. Instead of kicking her out and initially stranding her there, he could had a talk like any other human being, if things were bad enough (I doubt they were, this guy made it bad after he felt denied for something that he took as granted) he coulda at least arranged another room for her, the right thing to do was make sure for her to feel secure, not fucking antagonize her just because she didn't felt like sleeping on the same bed. The worst thing that could have happened had he acted like this, he would get a new friend, and at best she would feel secure enough to have a sexual relationship with him later on. Let's not even talk about making all of this public and painting a target on her back.

Also we're only taking his word, for all that matters he could have went way out the line on the first night that made her feel sexually harassed.
This dude being a no repect having piece of shit creep isnt because he playes video games. Hes just a no respect having piece of shit who happens to be into gaming. He is no different from all the no respect having pieces of shit out there who arent into video games

Yeah, this is entitlement to sex in general, my friend had it happen to her last year

Yup, one of my best friends visited Rio de Janeiro and met this handsome and wealthy person, she made out with him at the club and all. Later on when my friend got back to Sao Paulo, she got a call from him that he would like for her to come at his house there and he would even pay for the plane tickets. It was obvious what the guy was setting up for (just like the loser in this thread), and my friend didn't feel comfortable to do that, so she said no.

Needless to say, the person acted like a piece of shit and called her all kinds of derogatory terms used against women. There are much men that feels entitled to sex just because they are a "nice guy". Like holy shit.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017

Please tell me more. What is it that "some girls can do"?

If I invite a couple of people to dinner, I should require something in exchange for the dinner? How does that work?

judai

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
His choice of words come across as really creepy (looking at the discord screens).

Oct 27, 2017
I mean anyone should start to have their spidey-sense tingle once the topic turned to his sexual peccadilloes. She was quite right to run in the other direction.

Solo Kazama

Banned
Dec 27, 2017
Please tell me more. What is it that "some girls can do"?

If I invite a couple of people to dinner, I should require something in exchange for the dinner? How does that work?

You usually invite someone to met a person/make friend/start relationship - etc - normal things for adults.

Here in Asia now its very popular to do different - young girls finds a guy online, flirt online, set a dinner - eat it (free) and "bye loser" finito. Girl intention from the start - grab free (usualy not cheap) dinner. Saw this few times (one friend actually fall for it). In EU didnt see it that much tho (where I usually live).

its hard to talk about stuff like that here anyway so lets cut it. I will bailout from the topic - Im proably too biased because of situation my friend got.

John Caboose

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
It's already been said but this is typical 'nice guy' MO. It's basically the asshole trying to pay for sex and then lashing out when the woman doesn't (or rescinds) consent.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
You usually invite someone to meet a person/make friend/start relationship - whatever normal things for adults.

Here in Asia now its very popular - young girls finds a guy, flirt online, set a dinner - eat it (free) and "bye loser" finito. Girl intention from the start - grab free (usualy not cheap) dinner. Saw this few times (one friend actually fall for it). In EU didnt see it that much tho (where I usually live).

its hard to talk about stuff like that here anyway so lets cut it. I will bailout (maybe Im too biased because of situation my friend got)
Do you have literally any proof whatsoever that this is what is happening here?

Or are you just fantasising about ways that the victim here could be secretly the villain?

Deathman

Oct 25, 2017
You usually invite someone to met a person/make friend/start relationship - etc - normal things for adults.

Here in Asia now its very popular to do different - young girls finds a guy online, flirt online, set a dinner - eat it (free) and "bye loser" finito. Girl intention from the start - grab free (usualy not cheap) dinner. Saw this few times (one friend actually fall for it). In EU didnt see it that much tho (where I usually live).

its hard to talk about stuff like that here anyway so lets cut it. I will bailout from the topic - Im proably too biased because of situation my friend got.

Seriously. Get. The. Fuck. Out.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018

I thought you were going away?

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Even if you try to paint this as a scam, it really isn't. The woman doesn't have any obligations to have sex with you or even talk with you anymore if she doesn't find you interesting, even if you pay her dinner, so I don't understand your point.

Jokab

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Please be careful when talking to strangers online (this guy is a stranger as they have never met). This creep was sweet talking her so hard, you can tell she got a bit overwhelmed and said things she didn't really want to say/mean. He played with her emotions. This is absolutely not her fault, and 100% the guys fault. But please be careful with what you say to someone, some people will try to take advantage of you like this guy did.

Also no means no, you can't legally obligate someone to have sex with you. Seems like the guy has zero experience in dealing with women or people in general. How can you be so stupid? Do we have to teach relationship advice in high school now? It sure seems like it.
I have to disagree with the part that I have bolded. Sure he was sweet-talking, but you could also just call that flirting. I can't see where he overstepped any boundaries in the Discord logs and she seemed totally down from my reading. I don't think it reads like she is under any pressure and can just pull out if she doesn't like it. What is your take on this?

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
"Ill buy you a plane ticket aslong as you cuddle me at night"
Fuck off dude, get some damn sleeping pills or some shit smfh

Just so we don't spread misinformation, the plane ticket was not cancelled.

Reading those messages (and some of the original ones), this dude is insanely manipulative. He needs help, and she hopefully will block any and all contact with him. If feasible, I'd be finding my own way home.

hi i'm ark

Oct 27, 2017
Auckland, New Zealand
Why all "nice guys" at the same way? It's amazing how it feels like they always follow an script that makes them act the exact same way, and that somehow, they have not realized yet that flirting with girls that way never works, because a woman would rarely want to spend time with someone so insecure and creepy

Decades of pulp-fantasy relationships in popular media have created a damaging myth that certain modes of behaviour, usually superficial displays of kindness or generosity, should be reciprocated with sex. People like this cdgexe guy act 'nice' because it's supposed to help them get a wet dick, but then it doesn't work because they're broken and horrid, so they discard the niceness that didn't get them sex.

It's bad.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017

So what, in your mind, should happen here? You buy someone dinner and they're now obligated to have sex? If they dont have sex after dinner it was a scam?
Jesus christ, this isn't that hard. You're never owed sex. Ever.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Decades of pulp-fantasy relationships in popular media have created a damaging myth that certain modes of behaviour, usually superficial displays of kindness or generosity, should be reciprocated with sex. People like this cdgexe guy act 'nice' because it's supposed to help them get a wet dick, but then it doesn't work because they're broken and horrid, so they discard the niceness that didn't get them sex.

It's bad.
100% this. Like I said before, if he actually was a good person, he would do everything in his power to make her feel secure, instead of antagonizing her, kicking her out of the room and initially cancelling her ticket back home.

He has no empathy from me.

hi i'm ark

Oct 27, 2017
Auckland, New Zealand
I have to disagree with the part that I have bolded. Sure he was sweet-talking, but you could also just call that flirting. I can't see where he overstepped any boundaries in the Discord logs and she seemed totally down from my reading. I don't think it reads like she is under any pressure and can just pull out if she doesn't like it. What is your take on this?

The pressure can come about from the power relations between the two parties involved, even if one side claims that there are no strings or attachments. As we saw from this dude's frenzied reaction, the expectations were clearly there. Those expectations and pressures likely got worse with physical proximity and it all imploded horridly.

Jokab

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The pressure can come about from the power relations between the two parties involved, even if one side claims that there are no strings or attachments. As we saw from this dude's frenzied reaction, the expectations were clearly there. Those expectations and pressures likely got worse with physical proximity and it all imploded horridly.
I don't disagree that he ended up being a creep, but to me the Discord logs are not creepy at all. I'm not sure I follow what the power relation is - from what I can gather he invited her to GDQ and then asked if she wants to sleep in the same bed. If she didn't want to sleep in the same bed then couldn't she just have turned down the invitation? Instead it seems like she goes way beyond that when they start talking about sex. Again, not disputing that he is a douchebag and a creep, but it doesn't read like that initially.

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
I agree. Both are growns up, both know about potential sex; If he got rejected - then its kinda normal you wont to spend a week with this person in a room ( Proably he should reserve just another room for her. I dont understand this bashing when both parties knew whats going on.

Do you sincerely believe that this woman's grand scam was to tell Mr. Choking Technique where she lived, reject him, and then sleep on the floor of his hotel room for a week while attending the same event?

Is it that hard to believe that this guy is an asshole with no boundaries and a broken idea of consent who actually did sexually harass this woman after she made it clear she wasn't interested? Especially after he posted their private conversations online, stated she was obligated to sleep with him, and threatened to cancel her plane ticket home?

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Update:
He removed some of the screenshots from twitter.

voGMGTr.jpg

He could delete all of the tweets related to this and nothing would change, he already showed everyone what a piece of shit he is, the damage has already been done.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

1) When you invite someone to dinner, it should be without expecting anything in exchange, is an act of courtesy or generosity.

2) Maybe the first action when you start knowing people is not invite her to dinner with the expectation to have sex. Maybe have a coffee or talk more before committing to something like paying a dinner.

3) Even if we indulge in the fantasy that evil women plays like a fiddle poor guys to have free dinners, is still entirely in their right to refuse more contact after the dinner, they aren't bound to an agreement to keep contact with you after you paid her a dinner. Maybe if your friend understood that he can't pay his way out to have sex with women, it wouldn't happen to him those things.

Oct 26, 2017
A good tip for everyone "concerned" about being "scammed".
Get that fucking surreal idea about dating being a service you pay for out of your goblin skulls. If you pay for the food, hotel, flight, you payed for the goods, not a hooker. Drop the pretense and go to a sex worker, or grow the fuck up, get a reality check and realise that you are socially broken and need fixing.
Treat women as people instead of a self cleaning fleshlight, and get some basic self respect back.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He could delete all of the tweets related to this and nothing would change, the damage has already been done
Someone already posted a video of all these screenshots somewhere in this thread, but I saved all these screenshots anyway, because I knew this would happen. But out of respect to the victim I don't wanna post them without her blessing

freikugeln

Oct 27, 2017

Because they're actually not nice. People always have a motive for their actions. A stranger being unually friendly, treating you/giving you money is always a red flag (regardless of sex or age).

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
that is for judge to decide
It's not. There's no court case here. It was for AGDQ to decide, and they already have.

If your friend wanted to exchange money for sex, why not just hire a prostitute? No muss, no fuss, everyone involved knows exactly what's up. No need for your friend to be a fucking loser and cry about not receiving obligatory sex for paying for a date.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

how the hell do you know that she was doing that to get a free meal unless she flat out said so and there were witnesses to it? she could have legitimately been interested in your friend initially, been invited to get dinner, and then thought your friend was an absolute dick. why should she be obligated to meet him again in that situation? all you're displaying here is a ridiculous level of entitlement.

hi i'm ark

Oct 27, 2017
Auckland, New Zealand
A good tip for everyone "concerned" about being "scammed".
Get that fucking surreal idea about dating being a service you pay for out of your goblin skulls. If you pay for the food, hotel, flight, you payed for the goods, not a hooker. Drop the pretense and go to a sex worker, or grow the fuck up, get a reality check and realise that you are socially broken and need fixing.
Treat women as people instead of a self cleaning fleshlight, and get some basic self respect back.

It's not. There's no court case here. It was for AGDQ to decide, and they already have.
If your friend wanted to exchange money for sex, why not just hire a prostitute? No muss, no fuss, everyone involved knows exactly what's up. No need for your friend to be a fucking loser and cry about not receiving obligatory sex for paying for a date.

There's a sizable number of socially stunted and cashed-up boys who have very limited ideas about social interaction. Imagine being so joyless that you can't go on a date or host someone for the sake of these things, but require a sexual return on your investment in the first place. Incredible.

Oct 30, 2017
Even from the guy's own posted DMs it is obvious she's uncomfortable with the idea of having to sleep with the dude.

Using a free plane ride and hotel room as a ploy to get laid is fucking gross. Even if sexual harassment wasn't the reason, his mistreatment of her following that incident is reason enough. Yuck.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
What's confusing? Would you be comfortable in your hotel for the rest of the week in that situation?

I cannot imagine being confortable with any situation where I tried to have sex with someone in exchange for a hotel room, but if they changed their mind, the very last thing that would cross my mind would be "I should kick them out, they're making me unconfortable". Again, what the fuck?

Edit: Guys, please don't engage obvious troll accounts fishing for bans, like Solo Kazama; you're giving them what they want.

Last edited: