• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is all textbook manipulation. Haven't seen it attempted in such a brazen public fashion in a long time, though.

I can't stress enough, separate from the issue at hand, this guy needs to go get help.
Yeah, reading it, it's so obvious.
What's confusing? Would you be comfortable in your hotel for the rest of the week in that situation?
No, but I wouldn't kick her out, basically saying "I'm uncomfortable, screw her". I bet you 100 bucks that if he treated her as a person and talked to her, instead of throwing her out, no one would be uncomfortable. This guy only has himself to blame if he wants to go the "awkward" route.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Even from the guy's own posted DMs it is obvious she's uncomfortable with the idea of having to sleep with the dude.

Using a free plane ride and hotel room as a ploy to get laid is fucking gross. Even if sexual harassment wasn't the reason, his mistreatment of her following that incident is reason enough. Yuck.
I just read those myself. definitely reads that she was thinking event with a friend and maybe a FWB situation... He was absolutely thinking long term dating. She even made it clear in the posts he posted that that was not going to be the case.

hi i'm ark

Oct 27, 2017
Auckland, New Zealand
I don't disagree that he ended up being a creep, but to me the Discord logs are not creepy at all. I'm not sure I follow what the power relation is - from what I can gather he invited her to GDQ and then asked if she wants to sleep in the same bed. If she didn't want to sleep in the same bed then couldn't she just have turned down the invitation? Instead it seems like she goes way beyond that when they start talking about sex. Again, not disputing that he is a douchebag and a creep, but it doesn't read like that initially.

In this instance, relative power rests with cdgexe as the holder of the plane tickets and accommodation. It might not have been his intent to establish a dominant position by inviting her to AGDQ (this is an unrealistically charitable assumption), but since he was able to kick her out of the room and threaten to cancel her remaining plane tickets, he wields a lot of power in this situation. It might not have occurred to her that this was the imbalance of power until she realized that, actually, being in intimate contact with this guy is unwelcome.

I'm leaving out the discord flirting in this look because the grooming-for-sex thing is too gross for the wee hours of the morning here. I've just been thinking about the leverage cdgexe held while getting intimate with a relative stranger and how fucked up it is to just turn around and be like 'well, you didn't fuck. you're gone.'

It's insane.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
In this instance, relative power rests with cdgexe as the holder of the plane tickets and accommodation. It might not have been his intent to establish a dominant position by inviting her to AGDQ (this is an unrealistically charitable assumption), but since he was able to kick her out of the room and threaten to cancel her remaining plane tickets, he wields a lot of power in this situation. It might not have occurred to her that this was the imbalance of power until she realized that, actually, being in intimate contact with this guy is unwelcome.

I'm leaving out the discord flirting in this look because the grooming-for-sex thing is too gross for the wee hours of the morning here. I've just been thinking about the leverage cdgexe held while getting intimate with a relative stranger and how fucked up it is to just turn around and be like 'well, you didn't fuck. you're gone.'

It's insane.
This post explains the whole thing right here.

I hope that there are people at the event willing to host her in their rooms/people willing to help with a plane ticket if he does cancel them.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Do we know what the actual sexual harassment claims are?

Still, he's coming across really bad with this. He says he wants someone to sleep, as in actually go to sleep, with him, then the next minutes he's bringing up the fact he's bringing whips and cuffs with him to the hotel.

At the very least just be honest and say the only reason you're doing this is so that she'll have sex with you.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
2) Maybe the first action when you start knowing people is not invite her to dinner with the expectation to have sex. Maybe have a coffee or talk more before committing to something like paying a dinner.

i get the impression his "friend" would have had the same exceptions of sex if they got coffee sadly. they've watched too many movies.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
There's nothing wrong with thinking that you might get laid.

There's something very wrong with expecting that you will.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
To anyone humoring the thought of siding with the "she withdrew consent (her end of the "bargain"), he's "withdrawing" her ticket" - That's not how any of this works.
Like, even if you consider this a transaction - which is a shitty, almost sociopathic way to look at it to begin with - one end of the bargain (urgh!) is a "trip to AGDQ". A round trip. You can't just leave someone stranded with no ticket home.

If you bait someone into sharing a hotel room with you in a different city; as soon as that person took the flight, the return flight is theirs too.

Also, that discord chat log is just ... something else.

And the guy keeps proving how much of a shitheel he is in his twitter likes / retweets. Like casually and intentionally deadnaming members of the speedrunning community.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
The case he's making for himself on Twitter is that he put his dollar into the sex vending machine and didn't receive his merchandise. He's complaining loudly to the management and demanding a week's worth of free sex for the inconvenience.

I think it's pretty safe to assume he tried the same case with Mari first in private before getting banned and going public.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We don't, but he's said himself that he kicked her out of the room because he 'didn't feel comfortable with her sleeping on the floor'. Which is an awful excuse. The plane flight cancellation is separate, he's doing that in response to the complaint not her refusing to have sex with him, so I don't see why people here keep saying that. But it definitely seems like she felt she was basically being blackmailed into sex (by him not letting her sleep in the room), which i think would be sexual harassment in its own.

Hong

Oct 30, 2017
I have to disagree with the part that I have bolded. Sure he was sweet-talking, but you could also just call that flirting. I can't see where he overstepped any boundaries in the Discord logs and she seemed totally down from my reading. I don't think it reads like she is under any pressure and can just pull out if she doesn't like it. What is your take on this?
I think it differs per person. What is flirting to one person might seem creepy to someone else.

You're right, him saying what he said isn't downright creepy or wrong. It depends on what the other person is comfortable with. During the conversation it seemed like they were both okay with talking the way they did. She also coud've blown the whole thing off at any point, true. It's just that if it truly was a no pressure situation like he was claiming, he wouldn't have talked about what he wanted when they would lay in bed together. Suddenly expectations are on the table. I think the whole thing was overwhelming to her and she reacted in a emotional way she wouldn't have if he wasn't so forward with his desires. To be quiet honest, I don't know. They both seemed really inexperienced in this type of conversation. They said things they shouldn't have, and expected things from each other which turned out to be false. Expectations were way off.

The way he reacted to this situation is what makes it bad. The Discord conversation isn't bad per se, just a little weird depending on who you ask. It's just in hindsight, after we know what happend, it looks creepy. Like he played her.

Tl;dr I agree with you. The conversation in itself isn't bad, but in hindsight it is.

Last edited:

Issen

Nov 12, 2017

It's insane.
Beautifully explained. Boy, what a shitshow. "Fuck you I'm returning your return tickets". Just wow.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
We don't, but he's said himself that he kicked her out of the room because he 'didn't feel comfortable with her sleeping on the floor'. Which is an awful excuse. The plane flight cancellation is separate, he's doing that in response to the complaint not her refusing to have sex with him, so I don't see why people here keep saying that. But it definitely seems like she felt she was basically being blackmailed into sex (by him not letting her sleep in the room), which i think would be sexual harassment in its own.

Right, thank you. I wasn't sure if that was the actual reason, or if she was disputing him saying that when she said stop, they both stopped. Everything that I've read has come from his point of view.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I don't think anyone at AGDQ should be trusted with adult decisions.
I'm sure there are perfectly balanced people there. Like anywhere else. They just seem to gather a lot of the weird as well, which is a damn shame given the actual context of the event.

Glad this asshole is banned for life though. Don't need creeps like that having any sort of spotlight.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
It's disgusting and manipulative. This guy is whining that he paid for her plane ticket and hotel, and then when she got uncomfortable sharing a bed with him, he gets bitter and angry and publicises all of this. What baffles me is that despite her being uncomfortable, this guy still expected her to share a bed with him for a week. He wanted her to sleep with him when she didn't want to and that's creepy and not okay. Reacting like this has outed him as a manipulative piece of shit.

Deleted member 15395

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I'm missing some context here. Their "agreement" (agreement might be the wrong word here, perhaps "understanding" works better) was to cuddle due to his insomnia Per the screenshots I see on the OP and the twitter thread, she is the one that put sex on the table?

The account that I read is that she was the one that took it a step further by placing his hand on her breast and lifting her shirt but then they both agreed to leave it at that? It then jumps straight at her wanting to sleep on the floor and he kicking her out.

That's a dick move for sure but sexual harassment? Am I missing something?

Oct 30, 2017
I just read those myself. definitely reads that she was thinking event with a friend and maybe a FWB situation... He was absolutely thinking long term dating. She even made it clear in the posts he posted that that was not going to be the case.
I'd say that's even somewhat of a stretch to suggest a FWB. I honestly think she seemed to be capitulating because she was afraid of upsetting him and ruining the opportunity. Shameful that she felt forced into that position.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
If you needed any more evidence that this guy is a piece of shit here he is deliberately dead naming a trans person:

mtNg67K.png

OP
OP

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm missing some context here. Their "agreement" (agreement might be the wrong word here, perhaps "understanding" works better) was to cuddle due to his insomnia Per the screenshots I see on the OP and the twitter thread, she is the one that put sex on the table?

The account that I read is that she was the one that took it a step further by placing his hand on her breast and lifting her shirt but then they both agreed to leave it at that? It then jumps straight at her wanting to sleep on the floor and he kicking her out.

He deleted some of the screenshots. It got so far in that converstation that he convinced her to sex.
Which she declined at the hotel (that plus the cuddleing and sleeping in one bed) so he threw her out of the hotel room and threatened to cancel her plane ticket back home

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
You usually invite someone to met a person/make friend/start relationship - etc - normal things for adults.

Here in Asia now its very popular to do different - young girls finds a guy online, flirt online, set a dinner - eat it (free) and "bye loser" finito. Girl intention from the start - grab free (usualy not cheap) dinner. Saw this few times (one friend actually fall for it). In EU didnt see it that much tho (where I usually live).

its hard to talk about stuff like that here anyway so lets cut it. I will bailout from the topic - Im proably too biased because of situation my friend got.

Can confirm, ALL GIRLS DO THIS. KYA HAHA OH MEN SO SIMPLE MINDED. THEY WANT MY LOVE BUT ALL I WANT IS MORE CRAB CAKES.

God people really let one bad date shitty up their entire worldview of the opposite sex.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah i didnt completly get it at first but he created a sitiation where she depended on him for shelter and travel back home then wanted to throw her out when she decided she didnt want to sleep besides him anymore, basically sexual coercion.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017

Kicking someone out of a hotel room because they wont sleep with you is literally sexual harassment. There is no other interpretation.
And it doesn't matter if she initiated everything. The moment she said no that was it. And he reacted by kicking her out of a shared hotel room.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Kicking someone out of a hotel room because they wont sleep with you is literally sexual harassment. There is no other interpretation.
And it doesn't matter if she initiated everything. The moment she said no that was it. And he reacted by kicking her out of a shared hotel room.
I mean the guy is not coming off well at all, but if he is the one paying for her room he can decide at any moment to stop doing so. Shitty move no doubt, but within his rights. Apparently his sleep disorder is well known since long ago and he even has a therapeutic dog at home he normally sleeps with that he couldn't bring, hence the whole strange arrangement to have a bed mate. Of course he is failing to understand that he probably should have hired a professional who can separate sleeping in the same bed from its sexual aspects, a random woman obviously can't and shouldn't be expected to, so when she seemingly stopped being into him he should have just accepted that she preferred the floor in an all boys room. No doubt he did a very dick move there. Not sure if reporting and getting him banned for life was the right option vs. just talking it out in private though. Clearly he thought he didn't demand anything sexual, just the thing he thought they agreed to. She changes her mind about it, he changes his about paying her ride so to say. She also gambled there and they both lost.

But yea, the guy has a lot to learn, but his recent tweets don't inspire confidence he is taking the right lessons from this which makes me think there is probably more to this story and he really might be utter trash

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao men are so fucking insecure. If you want to get laid, just tell the person that's the only thing you're really talking to them for? If they aren't interested they will let you know real quick. This manipulative garbage is more than enough to justify the permanent ban. Good on GDQ <3

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
Uhhhhgghvhghgh. Why.

Why can't men just be fucking noraml.
It's not hard. I do it every fucking day.

DrDarkStryfe

Oct 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
The hoops that people go through to try to feel sympathy for the harasser his sad beyond measure. Stop enabling this garbage with all the jumping through hoops.

Good on GDQ for handling this. Hopefully the woman is taken care of.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This guy should no longer call himself Chad, no matter if is his birth name

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
I mean the guy is not coming off well at all, but if he is the one paying for her room he can decide at any moment to stop doing so. Shitty move no doubt, but within his rights. Apparently his sleep disorder is well known since long ago and he even has a therapeutic dog at home he normally sleeps with that he couldn't bring, hence the whole strange arrangement to have a bed mate. Of course he is failing to understand that he probably should have hired a professional who can separate sleeping in the same bed from its sexual aspects, a random woman obviously can't and shouldn't be expected to, so when she seemingly stopped being into him he should have just accepted that she preferred the floor in an all boys room. No doubt he did a very dick move there. Not sure if reporting and getting him banned for life was the right option vs. just talking it out in private though. Clearly he thought he didn't demand anything sexual, just the thing he thought they agreed to. She changes her mind about it, he changes his about paying her ride so to say. She also gambled there and they both lost.

But yea, the guy has a lot to learn, but his recent tweets don't inspire confidence he is taking the right lessons from this which makes me think there is probably more to this story and he really might be utter trash

Dude, what? He kicked her onto the streets for not sleeping with him. There is no "within his rights" here. Being legally able to do something doesnt make it not sexual harrassment.

Unclebenny

Oct 28, 2017
I think it differs per person. What is flirting to one person might seem creepy to someone else.

You're right, him saying what he said isn't downright creepy or wrong. It depends on what the other person is comfortable with. During the conversation it seemed like they were both okay with talking the way they did. She also coud've blown the whole thing off at any point, true. It's just that if it truly was a no pressure situation like he was claiming, he wouldn't have talked about what he wanted when they would lay in bed together. Suddenly expectations are on the table. I think the whole thing was overwhelming to her and she reacted in a emotional way she wouldn't have if he wasn't so forward with his desires. To be quiet honest, I don't know. They both seemed really inexperienced in this type of conversation. They said things they shouldn't have, and expected things from each other which turned out to be false. Expectations were way off.

The way he reacted to this situation is what makes it bad. The Discord conversation isn't bad per se, just a little weird depending on who you ask. It's just in hindsight, after we know what happend, it looks creepy. Like he played her.

Tl;dr I agree with you. The conversation in itself isn't bad, but in hindsight it is.

The conversation was actually very bad.

You have to keep in mind the wider context.

The entire situation began with him offering her no strings plane tickets and accomodation to an event she is obviously not capable of attending on her own means. They don't seem to be anything but passing acquaintances (maybe not even that) prior to this convo.

So either this guy is incredibly generous or he has ulterior motives.

The way events have unfolded would suggest that he had ulterior motives. The convo he posted absolutely indicates that he wanted to get laid. He kept escalating the situation from, let's share a room until he ended up in "hey how do you feel about bondage territory".

Now obviously, she was going along with some of it but the initial power dynamics are already screwed. She can't attend without his charity, her ability to move around once there is dependent on him and her reliance on him makes it difficult for her to say no.

I don't honestly believe he was doing this as part of some malicious plan. If he did, he wouldn't have posted the chat logs showing how skeezy his actions are. The sad truth is, he just doesn't recognise that what he does is wrong. The same goes for loads of other people who are rushing to defend him.

The fact remains however, that this guy was manipulating a woman into a situation to encourage her to have sex, when she backed out he threw her out of the room and threatened to strand her miles from home.

All of this is bad. Don't excuse the conversation because it gives ammo to the "well she was into over DMs" crowd. If anything the conversation is the most damning part. We don't know what happened in the room but his intentions are laid bare in those messages.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Lmao men are so fucking insecure. If you want to get laid, just tell the person that's the only thing you're really talking to them for? If they aren't interested they will let you know real quick. This manipulative garbage is more than enough to justify the permanent ban. Good on GDQ <3

This is where I stand.

Also, disclosing convos is lame as fuck.

With that said, I would never let other person pay for my expenses.

Redmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Why? The overlay is cool and he already gave him the money, there's no reason to stop using it. Just don't advertise it and replace it with an alternative if one comes out (it's my understanding that his overlay is the only one available), and don't buy anything else from him of course

What I mean is that there's no need to downgrade his stream's quality, stopping the use of an item that he already paid money for doesn't mean or solve anything
Even if he did stop using it, it's still available as there's a github for something like this with DIY instructions. So he could just make his own custom one.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017

People like you keep being up his "right" to kick her out as if anybody is trying to make the case that this was illegal or something.

Yes, he had the "right" to kick her out. So fucking what? Just because you have the "right" to do something, that doesn't mean it isn't morally reprehensible.

Stop focusing so much on legality. Oh, and also stop criticising women for daring to speak out whilst you're at it. If he didn't deserve to get banned for life over this, the actual people with the power to do that (which was not this woman) would not have done so.