• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
Maybe just don't come into threads like this and start criticising victims at all? It's not like she's asking for your advice, or even reading it.

Okay, I apologize. After thinking about it, it was definitely the wrong thing to say.

Last edited:

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Haha I can't believe he thought that posting that made him look good?

What a fucking loser.

Deleted member 15395

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There are a couple of things here that I'm going to try to give you benefit of the doubt on, because you legitimately might not know.

1. Sexual harassment doesnt have as high a bar to cross as you seem to think. He used his relative power in the situation to coerce her into a position she didnt want to be in.
2. Theres no functional difference between "sleep with me or get out" vs "you didnt sleep with me, so get out". In both situations, there was retribution for refusing him.
3. Sexual harrassment doesnt require sex. So if the story about him just wanting her to sleep next to him is true, it doesnt matter. It was still an intimate and vulnerable position that she didn't want to be in.

And even if EVERYTHING up to that point wasnt harrassment, his behavior afterwards, including posting intimate chat logs and threatening to cancel her plane ticket home absolutely constitute harrassment.

You should always, when reasonable, give the benefit of the doubt. I understand that ERA is very sensitive to the different opinions when discussing these kind of topics. But I'm not here to trigger anyone, I don't have an agenda and I'm not sealioning either. I'm not disagreeing just because. I have an opinion on a subject that I don't think is as black and white as a lot of people seem to think it is and I'm interested in having a discussion on it. I'm open to having my mind changed and learning things.

That being said:

1. I've actually been discussing this on my MTG whatsapp group as we have a few lawyers there and the consensus is that yes, she could claim relative power but they also mentioned he has a right to want to be alone on the room due no longer feeling comfortable with her being there. It would boil down to interpretation. This is what gives me the most pause and I'll have to think about it before I can come to a conclusion.

2.This is the one I feel strongly about, I just don't think its the same. Do it with me or get out implies that he is willing to let her stay as long as she does as told. That's textbook coercion, no questions there. But what he said is that he no longer felt comfortable with her being there because the nature of the relationship changed, is he supposed to void his right to be alone on the room he payed for? Obviously this should have been handled differently and what he did is no less shitty but does that action constitute sexual harassment?. Also, as far as we know he is kicking her out, not because he refused to have sex with him, but because he was no longer going to be sleeping next to him. This whole thing initially was about her being able to make the trip and he being able to rest by having someone next to him help him with his insommnia.

3. I'm fairly certain that Sexual Harassment is by definition sexual in nature. It may not require the actual sexual act, but it has to be sexual in nature. As far as we know, her dismissal from the room was not because of a denial of sex.

Everything that came afterwards I can see as harassment, but not of the sexual nature and that is what I'm contesting here. I'm trying to make this perfectly clear: I don't think this dude is a good person based on what little we know about him, I think he's a moron. But the accusation here is Sexual Harassment. Not "regular" harassment, nor being a moron. It's sexual harassment, its THE accusation, the one that ends careers and causes suicides. If you are going to throw it out, you have to be damn sure about it.

Right now, I can see arguments as to why this would constitute sexual harassment and why it would not, and seeing as we don't really have a full picture of what happened I'm guessing its going to stay at that. Still, this has given me a lot to think about, so I'll do that.

Nov 14, 2017

That is so totally amazing.

Prevent Cancer Foundation. This is all on the GDC site. Seriously,

"Do you mind if I call you kitten?" is a huge red flag, but then again, I'm only saying that because we already know this guy is a shitfuck.

And those Discord messages make him sound worse. He sounds like "we'll EVENTUALLY bone" and she sounds like "MAYBE we'll eventually bone".

You can read the thread. It is only three pages.

Getting banned from a video game competition vs. having a dude who you are relying on for your ticket home cancel it. Which one do you want to throw in with here?
I know I shouldn't have looked, but holy hell. She clearly has massive anxiety about flying across the country to see a guy she knows nothing about, and all he can think about is sex. What a piece of shit.

Also, how is this not sex trafficking? Like, he is straight up trying to control her movements in exchange for sex. If an employer paid for you to travel for a job and the denied you transport back because of a disagreement, that would be human trafficking (seriously. I worked for a big American company for a while, and it was in our annual training - if you pay for someone to go somewhere, you have to pay for them to return too), so surely this is comparable?

3. I'm fairly certain that Sexual Harassment is by definition sexual in nature. It may not require the actual sexual act, but it has to be sexual in nature. As far as we know, her dismissal from the room was not because of a denial of sex.

Everything that came afterwards I can see as harassment, but not of the sexual nature and that is what I'm contesting here.
He literally posted screen grabs from a discord where he's talking about sex. It's clearly sexual in nature.

Oct 27, 2017
But the accusation here is Sexual Harassment. Not "regular" harassment, nor being a moron. It's sexual harassment, its THE accusation, the one that ends careers and causes suicides. If you are going to throw it out, you have to be damn sure about it.

"If you are a victim of sexual harassment, think twice before ruining the life of your harasser!"

This thread. This fucking thread.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Well, I see the uber-sleeze has managed to dig his way even closer to the Earth's molten core since I last checked in on this thread.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
You should always, when reasonable, give the benefit of the doubt. I understand that ERA is very sensitive to the different opinions when discussing these kind of topics. But I'm not here to trigger anyone, I don't have an agenda and I'm not sealioning either. I'm not disagreeing just because. I have an opinion on a subject that I don't think is as black and white as a lot of people seem to think it is and I'm interested in having a discussion on it. I'm open to having my mind changed and learning things.

That being said:

1. I've actually been discussing this on my MTG whatsapp group as we have a few lawyers there and the consensus is that yes, she could claim relative power but they also mentioned he has a right to want to be alone on the room due no longer feeling comfortable with her being there. It would boil down to interpretation. This is what gives me the most pause and I'll have to think about it before I can come to a conclusion.

2.This is the one I feel strongly about, I just don't think its the same. Do it with me or get out implies that he is willing to let her stay as long as she does as told. That's textbook coercion, no questions there. But what he said is that he no longer felt comfortable with her being there because the nature of the relationship changed, is he supposed to void his right to be alone on the room he payed for? Obviously this should have been handled differently and what he did is no less shitty but does that action constitute sexual harassment?. Also, as far as we know he is kicking her out, not because he refused to have sex with him, but because he was no longer going to be sleeping next to him. This whole thing initially was about her being able to make the trip and he being able to rest by having someone next to him help him with his insommnia.

Everything that came afterwards I can see as harassment, but not of the sexual nature and that is what I'm contesting here. I'm trying to make this perfectly clear: I don't think this dude is a good person based on what little we know about him, I think he's a moron. But the accusation here is Sexual Harassment. Not "regular" harassment, nor being a moron. It's sexual harassment, its THE accusation, the one that ends careers and causes suicides. If you are going to throw it out, you have to be damn sure about it.

Right now, I can see arguments as to why this would constitute sexual harassment and why it would not, and seeing as we don't really have a full picture of what happened I'm guessing its going to stay at that. Still, this has given me a lot to think about, so I'll do that.

I dont understand why you seem to think theres some defined hurdle he needs to clear before it can be called sexual harassment. And even if there was, how you could ever think kicking someone out of a shared hotel room, posting private texts of a sexual nature online, and threatening further retaliation dont absolutely and unequivocally cross that line.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
The "funny" (funny being relative here) thing about this is that every single thing he posted or said after this happened has only made him look worse and worse. The lack of any self-awareness is almost astonishing.

On the upside we now know how much of a shitbag he is, I guess.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Harassing Chucklefuck: *Shows the world that he's a manipulative sexual harasser and sociopath*

Questionable Weirdos: "Ah, but what if his harassment isn't sexual harassment? Surely that must count for something!"

Nov 14, 2017
The "funny" (funny being relative here) thing about this is that every single thing he posted or said after this happened has only made him look worse and worse. The lack of any self-awareness is almost astonishing.

On the upside we now know how much of a shitbag he is, I guess.

He's now claiming he misunderstood the situation because he's autistic:

Zohar127

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like they had arrangements to hook up and she backed out at the last minute so to speak, after allowing him to be physical. I mean not to be graphic, even if you're literally about to physically have intercourse, if your partner says no, you stop. There's no obligation to go through with something even if you you've hit third base. If a person has a change of heart then you don't continue.

Dude needs to grow up. Canceling her ticket was horse shit.

Now if she deliberately led him on just to use him for a free ticket and let it get to the point where they were 1 step away from intercourse, then that's a really shitty thing to do and she would deserve having her ticket canceled, but since there's no way to prove that, and it doesn't really seem like that's case at all, I really gotta agree with the guy getting banned.

Seemed like he was just mad he didn't get laid after "paying for it".

Deleted member 15395

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Last 2 and I'm done. I made my point as best as I could and you are all more than welcome to not like it.

He literally posted screen grabs from a discord where he's talking about sex. It's clearly sexual in nature.

They both agreed to have sex and then she backed out which is fine. There was no breach of consent as far as we know, lets be clear on that. What he CLAIMS is that he sent her away because her refusal to sleep next to him (not sex, sleep) and her intention to instead sleep on the couch caused him to feel uncomfortable with the whole situation. Whether this is true or not, neither you nor I have any way to know. To me, there's enough information available to at least doubt if the dismissal was sexual or not. I understand you've taken your stance on it, I haven't.

Edited for clarity:
And I'm only saying this because PirateLuigi said that behavior that was not of a sexual nature was required for harassment to be sexual (which I don't think its correct a statement).

"If you are a victim of sexual harassment, think twice before ruining the life of your harasser!"

This thread. This fucking thread.

I'm sure you think you're being funny and sarcastic, and that's OK I guess. Let me explain where I'm coming from:

This was Agustin Muñoz:

https://tn.com.ar/sociedad/un-joven-se-suicido-despues-de-que-lo-acusaron-falsamente-de-abuso_928082

Use google translate if you care to read it (spanish to english). He was 18 years old when he commited suicide this past december because he was falsely accused of raping a female friend on instagram. Ironically, a few days before her son's passing, her mother was very actively harassing (actual verbal harassment) facebook users that were against branding people as sexual harassers without evidence. I don't think I need to tell you what she thinks about the whole thing now.

So, you see, I'm not saying sexual harassment victims should have consideration for their abusers. I'm saying that we should not be throwing sexual harassment accusations lightly because they have real consequences. I never said he was not at fault. What I said is that it is not evident to me that his transgression if you want to put it that way was sexual harassment and not simply being a fucking moron. And it is not evident to me because In my country, outright believing in sexual harassment accusations levied on the internet without taking some time to investigate what went wrong has resulted in the death of at least 2 people (one being a politian the other one being Agustin) one of which, was found to be 100% innocent.

Peace.

Last edited:

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017

And I'm only saying this because PirateLuigi said that no sex was required for harassment to be sexual (which I don't think its correct a statement).

I dont know about elsewhere, but in the US this is 100 percent the case. Sexual harassment can include inappropriate touching, language, gestures, images, and other things that aren't sex.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I guess I should thank my lucky stars that I've never once even had to think about paying for sex or using money to leverage a date. God forbid you just let your charm, charisma, and empathy get you to some boobies.

Like, even if I were in this guy's situation and was disappointed I was about to get laid and then didn't... and I thought she was playing games... I feel like I'd be more quickly go downstairs, pay for the cheapest room available and give her the key, and never talk to her again. Dude, just ghost her and say goodbye to $200. Who gives a shit?

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And I'm only saying this because PirateLuigi said that no sex was required for harassment to be sexual (which I don't think its correct a statement)
What the fuck

There's a name for no consent sex, it's not sexual harassment, it's rape. Sexual harassment has nothing to do with intercourse, because that falls in the rape category.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
This is an extremely bizzare arrangement and even more bizzare response and self disclosure by the modder.

GDQ did the right thing, they don't need this guy around, making these arrangements and then seeking vengeance when it doesn't go his way.

Last edited:

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I should thank my lucky stars that I've never once even had to think about paying for sex or using money to leverage a date. God forbid you just let your charm, charisma, and empathy get you to some boobies.

Like, even if I were in this guy's situation and was disappointed I was about to get laid and then didn't... and I thought she was playing games... I feel like I'd be more quickly go downstairs, pay for the cheapest room available and give her the key, and never talk to her again. Dude, just ghost her and say goodbye to $200. Who gives a shit?
There are hundreds of ways that this could have solved, if he had empathy he should have talked to her like a normal person instead of throwing hissy fit

I'm almost sure that at first the woman was DTF with this guy, but then when she noticed how much of a loser he is, she changed her mind. This guy probably is a really socially awkward person. (I'm not taking a shot at anyone who's socially awkward, but this person is and he isn't making the effort to understand why he messed the fuck up)

Tips for anyone: Empathy and Charisma goes a long loong way.

Deleted member 15395

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had to clarify this, sorry:

I dont know about elsewhere, but in the US this is 100 percent the case. Sexual harassment can include inappropriate touching, language, gestures, images, and other things that aren't sex.

I explained it better when I replied to your first 3 points. You are correct, that a sexual act is not required and can include all the things you mentioned. My point is that all those things have to be of a sexual nature for this to be considered sexual harassment. Sleeping next to someone is not inherently sexual by itself. And whether we like it or not harassment and sexual harassment are different things that carry different weights in our society today. Me insulting you is not the same as me fondling your privates uninvited or sending you pictures of my dick, it is simply not the same. The punishment those things carry both legal and societal are on completely different levels. Again, a kid killed himself on my country because of this, I'm not talking out of my ass.

Anyways, consensus is already reached on this here. So I'm done, just wanted to clarify that.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
There are hundreds of ways that this could have solved, if he had empathy he should have talked to her like a normal person instead of throwing hissy fit

I'm almost sure that at first the woman was DTF with this guy, but then when she noticed how much of a loser he is, she changed her mind. This guy probably is a really socially awkward person. (I'm not taking a shot at anyone who's socially awkward, but this person is and he isn't making the effort to understand why he messed the fuck up)

Tips for anyone: Empathy and Charisma goes a long loong way.

I think I struggle most with the idea that some guys who freak out like this just don't seem to understand every guy gets turned down at some point. Like, dude, it doesn't have to be a shot to your confidence or ego or anything.

I can't speak for everyone, of course - but as a guy who's had several long-term relationships, several very short relationships, and has ended every.single.one on a good enough note that I could text them tomorrow and they'd reply positively... I've been turned down a dozen times, too. Like, it sucks but life goes on. Assuming she's a normal functioning woman, she's not gonna go tell all her friends or yours; it can be a total non-issue. Call it for the night, go grab a drink or ten, play some video games and go to bed.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
I'm not sure I quite understand what happened exactly. He paid for her trip and stay in hopes of getting laid but when she said no to him he kicked her out? Am I missing something?

OniLinkPlus

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's now claiming he misunderstood the situation because he's autistic:

Everything up to this point has been infuriating. This and the deadnaming a trans person? For me, as an autistic trans person, this is nauseating. I actually vomited. I dunno why I'm still following this drama. I'm gonna have to duck out. I hope his victim gets justice, more than just him being permabanned from GDQ, because this is just evil and wrong.

Nov 14, 2017
Last 2 and I'm done. I made my point as best as I could and you are all more than welcome to not like it.

They both agreed to have sex and then she backed out which is fine. There was no breach of consent as far as we know, lets be clear on that. What he CLAIMS is that he sent her away because her refusal to sleep next to him (not sex, sleep) and her intention to instead sleep on the couch caused him to feel uncomfortable with the whole situation. Whether this is true or not, neither you nor I have any way to know. To me, there's enough information available to at least doubt if the dismissal was sexual or not. I understand you've taken your stance on it, I haven't.

OK, so what we know: They had a private chat where he let her know he wanted sex. She agreed, despite expressing uncertainties. He said he wouldn't pressure her and it was cool either way. Come GDQ, we know that she got kicked out of the room and he threatened to have her return plane ticket cancelled. He claims it was just because he wanted to cuddle, and couldn't sleep with someone on the floor of his room.

No adult who has ever had sex would honestly believe that his actions weren't related to her not wanting to have sex with him. In any case, grown adults cuddling in bed is intimate and sexual. You are being completely dishonest.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5491

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More stuff he is currently liking.
He really does think that "buying her Thing X obligates her to have sex with me".

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I wonder who's more likely to get a job, the guy who has been tagged as sexual harasser or the woman who made fun of the harasser 🤔

Had to clarify this, sorry:

I explained it better when I replied to your first 3 points. You are correct, that a sexual act is not required and can include all the things you mentioned. My point is that all those things have to be of a sexual nature for this to be considered sexual harassment. Sleeping next to someone is not inherently sexual by itself. And whether we like it or not harassment and sexual harassment are different things that carry different weights in our society today. Me insulting you is not the same as me fondling your privates uninvited or sending you pictures of my dick, it is simply not the same. The punishment those things carry both legal and societal are on completely different levels. Again, a kid killed himself on my country because of this, I'm not talking out of my ass.

Anyways, consensus is already reached on this here. So I'm done, just wanted to clarify that.

I understand the point you are trying to make, but let's dial back a bit shall we? We only heard one side of the story in this, we only heard the man side, the woman has not spoken up a single word about this incident aside from reporting sexual harassment to the GDQ staff. Why are you trusting the man side again? Even if the DMs proves that she was DTF at first, she ended up backing out and chances are this person that ended up sexually harassing her thought that "she was liking it" (this is something really common by sexual perpetrators), the lack of social awareness by this person makes me believe that in fact, he sexually harassed her and that, something that may have been consentual at first, turned into not but he kept on bugging and it turned into sexual harassment.

Also let's not forget that he implicitly blackmailed her into sleeping with him, he was in a position of power and with the power to kick her out if she didn't do what he demanded, that it was to sleep with him, and once she didn't do it, she faced retribution.

I think I struggle most with the idea that some guys who freak out like this just don't seem to understand every guy gets turned down at some point. Like, dude, it doesn't have to be a shot to your confidence or ego or anything.

I can't speak for everyone, of course - but as a guy who's had several long-term relationships, several very short relationships, and has ended every.single.one on a good enough note that I could text them tomorrow and they'd reply positively... I've been turned down a dozen times, too. Like, it sucks but life goes on. Assuming she's a normal functioning woman, she's not gonna go tell all her friends or yours; it can be a total non-issue. Call it for the night, go grab a drink or ten, play some video games and go to bed.

Exactly, even the most handsomes dudes will get turned down. The problem with this guy in particular is that he thinks he was misled on, when in fact, he was the one who made her back out, when she saw what kind of person he was she went "Nope" and now this guy thinks that he's entitled to something.

Last edited:

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is pure speculation but I think this is how it went all down:

She may had been DTF at first, they may have engaged into sexual contact at the first night, but she backed out (who wouldn't with a loser like this), the guy, with the lack of his social awareness more than likely thought that she was liking it (common sexual assault stuff, fucking disgusting) and tried to continue it, at this point it turned into sexual harassment. Next day she might have been afraid of speaking out with someone. Being uncomfortable, she decided to sleep on the floor, and once she got kicked out, it was the catalyst for her to open up with the GDQ staff about what happened since she had nowhere to go anymore.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, actual concern, does she have a plane ticket home? Because I don't trust that piece of human excrement for a second.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, actual concern, does she have a plane ticket home? Because I don't trust that piece of human excrement for a second.
We only know that he hasn't cancelled. If there isn't any penalty to cancel a plane ticket like this (I'm not really good with burocracy), I can see this piece of shit cancelling it out of his petty "revenge".

Even if he cancels it she will more than likely get her ticket with the GDQ staff who has been 100% supportive of her. No way she ain't making back home.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
From what I've read he's a piece of shit. Kicking her out is a shitty move but to me it's just that, a shitty move.

As for sexual harassment, that remains to be seen but it wouldn't surprise me if it were true. He's just digging his hole even deeper with those tweets.

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is pure speculation but I think this is how it went all down:

She may had been DTF at first, they may have engaged into sexual contact at the first night, but she backed out (who wouldn't with a loser like this), the guy, with the lack of his social awareness more than likely thought that she was liking it (common sexual assault stuff, fucking disgusting) and tried to continue it, at this point it turned into sexual harassment. Next day she might have been afraid of speaking out with someone. Being uncomfortable, she decided to sleep on the floor, and once she got kicked out, it was the catalyst for her to open up with the GDQ staff about what happened since she had nowhere to go anymore.
I read some more of his comments, which was difficult because what he and many of the other people are saying is pretty sickening, but he says on the first night they cuddled, then "slight escalation" and then on the second night they parted. Whatever "slight escalation" was to him, was clearly not slight to her. And yet he still doesn't get this and decides to shame her. This is horrid.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Man so many awful responses on Twitter...horrible, horrible takes.

And this people vote, and there are more and more of them all over...

Chorazin

Nov 13, 2017
Lancaster County, PA, USA
From what I've read he's a piece of shit. Kicking her out is a shitty move but to me it's just that, a shitty move.

As for sexual harassment, that remains to be seen but it wouldn't surprise me if it were true. He's just digging his hole even deeper with those tweets.

Yeah, no one's even going to really know what happened in the hotel room, so it's her word vs his. She has ZERO reason to make up a harassment claim though, I'm sure she knew she would be attacked when this came out. :(

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure you think you're being funny and sarcastic, and that's OK I guess. Let me explain where I'm coming from:

This was Agustin Muñoz:

https://tn.com.ar/sociedad/un-joven-se-suicido-despues-de-que-lo-acusaron-falsamente-de-abuso_928082

Use google translate if you care to read it (spanish to english). He was 18 years old when he commited suicide this past december because he was falsely accused of raping a female friend on instagram. Ironically, a few days before her son's passing, her mother was very actively harassing (actual verbal harassment) facebook users that were against branding people as sexual harassers without evidence. I don't think I need to tell you what she thinks about the whole thing now.

So, you see, I'm not saying sexual harassment victims should have consideration for their abusers. I'm saying that we should not be throwing sexual harassment accusations lightly because they have real consequences. I never said he was not at fault. What I said is that it is not evident to me that his transgression if you want to put it that way was sexual harassment and not simply being a fucking moron. And it is not evident to me because In my country, outright believing in sexual harassment accusations levied on the internet without taking some time to investigate what went wrong has resulted in the death of at least 2 people (one being a politian the other one being Agustin) one of which, was found to be 100% innocent.

Peace.

First of all, thanks for the condescending tone and the assumption that I can't speak Spanish. I'm Spanish. I know Spanish.

Secondly, you explicitly said that accusers should think twice before "throwing out" an accusation:

It's sexual harassment, its THE accusation, the one that ends careers and causes suicides. If you are going to throw it out, you have to be damn sure about it.

They should be "damn sure" about what, exactly? About the fact that they have been sexually harrased?

Thirdly, yes. There are false claims. Of course there are false claims. So what? What's the relevance here? In that very example you posted, the woman falsely accused someone. Are you implying this is the case here? That this girl is lying? Otherwise, it makes absolutely no sense that you expect her to be "sure" of having being sexually harassed. Or are you implying that a victim has to first ponder whether she was really harassed?

Come on now. You're trying to manipulate the situation to make it seem like a man is the victim here. "A man was wrongly accused, so everyone must doubt women who accuse men"? You don't seem to understand what "believe women" means: it's not "condemn men without evidence because they are men". It's "don't dismiss a woman's claim because she's a woman". It's really not that hard to grasp.

And, finally, you just keep outright ignoring the whole fucking conversation that this dude himself posted online in which you can clearly see what kind of person he is. But, hey. Keep that "both sides" bullshit. It seems to be working really well for you.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
You should always, when reasonable, give the benefit of the doubt.

I understand that ERA is very sensitive to the different opinions when discussing these kind of topics. But I'm not here to trigger anyone, I don't have an agenda and I'm not sealioning either. I'm not disagreeing just because. I have an opinion on a subject that I don't think is as black and white as a lot of people seem to think it is and I'm interested in having a discussion on it. I'm open to having my mind changed and learning things.

That being said:

So he has a right to kick her out of the room because he "felt unconfortable" that she didn't agree to play teddy bear with an obvious creep to "help him with his insomnia"? If you're going to ignore the power dynamics here, you might as well condone sexual harassment wholesale. "Hey, she might be my employee, but I didn't force her to have sex with me; I just felt unconfortable to work with someone I can't fuck, so I fired her".

You should always, when reasonable, give the benefit of the doubt.

1) A benefit you don't seem to be extending to both parties.
2) Extending the benefit of the doubt to this dude stopped being "reasonable" the second he posted that entire conversation on Twitter.

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If he didn't cancel her plane ticket, seems shitty to ban him from the event just based on her word with the evidence he's provided. I can see suspending him from it while they investigate, but a permanent ban is funny.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
What he CLAIMS is that he sent her away because her refusal to sleep next to him (not sex, sleep) and her intention to instead sleep on the couch caused him to feel uncomfortable with the whole situation. Whether this is true or not, neither you nor I have any way to know.

Mother of god, do you fucking listen to yourself? Claiming that "kicking out a person out for desiring to sleep on the couch rather than next to them in a bed isn't sexual harassment" is really the hill you want to die on?

Oct 27, 2017
If he didn't cancel her plane ticket, seems shitty to ban him from the event just based on her word with the evidence he's provided. I can see suspending him from it while they investigate, but a permanent ban is funny.

Considering he himself posted private conversations that don't paint him in a positive light at all...

Good on GDQ for crackind down on these "nice guys".

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
You know how many times my wife hasn't been able to get comfortable or I have insomnia one night and would rather just watch TV and we tell the other we're going to sleep on the couch instead? Imagine that being enough to piss you off.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Fucking LOL at people defending this guy for that shitty "I'm an insomniac and need someone to sleep next to me" story.

That's some Family Circus shit right there. Four year-old-Jeffy could come up with a better rationalization than that.

Come on.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018

Regardless of any result of the eventual investigation, he deserves the ban several times over for those shitty tweets and publishing the discord logs. Are you people for real?

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017

He deserves the ban multiple times over for the multitude of shitty things he did. Especially the posting of those private conversation logs. Don't stan for this dude, it isn't worth it.

grunkleFungus

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
NC, US
I "love" when autistic men use their autism as a shield and people defend them while if you're an autistic woman/nb and make a little mistake people shit themselves. He definitely knew better, given what he said. And just letting people call him slurs in defense of him? How fuckin pathetic.