• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I "love" when autistic men use their autism as a shield and people defend them while if you're an autistic woman/nb and make a little mistake people shit themselves. He definitely knew better, given what he said. And just letting people call him slurs in defense of him? How fuckin pathetic.

People, including myself get treated unfairly because of the social stigma, one which this guy is absolutely not helping by using it as an end all excuse for this kind of behavior.

Chorazin

Nov 13, 2017
Lancaster County, PA, USA
About that plane ticket being provided by AGDQ some of you thought might happen if he did cancel her return ticket: she wasn't registered, tried to get in with last year's badge on 01/07, and has been banned until 2020. So I'm not sure if they'd be quick to help a non-attendee. So if this asshole guy would cancel her ticket, she'll need to have her own cash or hope people there can help her. 😔

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mari_mba_/status/1082491436493344768

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
About that plane ticket being provided by AGDQ some of you thought might happen if he did cancel her return ticket: she wasn't registered, tried to get in with last year's badge on 01/07, and has been banned until 2020. So I'm not sure if they'd be quick to help a non-attendee. So if this asshole guy would cancel her ticket, she'll need to have her own cash or hope people there can help her. 😔

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mari_mba_/status/1082491436493344768

Wait, wth, she went through all this and didn't even get a proper badge for the event?

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, wth, she went through all this and didn't even get a proper badge for the event?
It's actually a bit more common than you think. There are a number of people who do actually go even if they don't get to register, just to hang out with runners/the community who is there. It fills up so fast these days that sometimes you go just for the hanging out stuff. It's not actually that fun sitting in the streaming room the entire day (although the side rooms have lots of cool/interesting stuff happening that you also have to have your badge for). Also, she had agreed to meet up with this guy before he showed his true colours, and he paid her way so she didn't really have anything to lose by going and just hanging out and meeting fellow speedrunners.

If he didn't cancel her plane ticket, seems shitty to ban him from the event just based on her word with the evidence he's provided. I can see suspending him from it while they investigate, but a permanent ban is funny.
I've seen this a few times in this thread and it's really tiresome. We have no idea that they didn't get proof. He's all over twitter blasting us with piss but she's remained quiet. For all we know there was proof, and they have it. Regardless, how he's acted since is 100% worth a ban from the events. Transphobia, for example, is a one-way ticket to a permaban.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
https://tn.com.ar/sociedad/un-joven-se-suicido-despues-de-que-lo-acusaron-falsamente-de-abuso_928082

Use google translate if you care to read it (spanish to english). He was 18 years old when he commited suicide this past december because he was falsely accused of raping a female friend on instagram. Ironically, a few days before her son's passing, her mother was very actively harassing (actual verbal harassment) facebook users that were against branding people as sexual harassers without evidence. I don't think I need to tell you what she thinks about the whole thing now.

Can you not play this game here? The idea that men's lives and careers are on the line in the US over sexual harrassment claims is pretty fucking absurd when you have Kavanaugh in the supreme court where as Ford's had to move her house 3 times due to threats against her and her family. The reality is you've got nothing to fear from false rape/abuse claims unless you're a minority and then the issue isn't the false claim but the justice system. Even in the case you mentioned I'd argue it had more to do with the victims mental health and this false narrative that men's lives are destroyed through false accusations; that's why you had to stretch to an Argentinian story to find an example.

Nov 14, 2017
So he has a right to kick her out of the room because he "felt unconfortable" that she didn't agree to play teddy bear with an obvious creep to "help him with his insomnia"? If you're going to ignore the power dynamics here, you might as well condone sexual harassment wholesale. "Hey, she might be my employee, but I didn't force her to have sex with me; I just felt unconfortable to work with someone I can't fuck, so I fired her".

1) A benefit you don't seem to be extending to both parties.
2) Extending the benefit of the doubt to this dude stopped being "reasonable" the second he posted that entire conversation on Twitter.
It's not worth it dude. He's wisely decided to peace out on this thread, but is currently PMing me trying to justify why demanding someone share a bed with you isn't sexual harassment. I know we shouldn't backseat mod, but damn.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
It's not worth it dude. He's wisely decided to peace out on this thread, but is currently PMing me trying to justify why demanding someone share a bed with you isn't sexual harassment. I know we shouldn't backseat mod, but damn.

Color me surprised that the guy defending a harasser is harassing you via PMs. "I'm tired of this discussion, but not so tired that I won't pursue it on an avenue where other people won't pick apart my shitty arguments".

Incidentally, you can (and should) report PMs. :)

Even in the case you mentioned I'd argue it had more to do with the victims mental health and this false narrative that men's lives are destroyed through false accusations

The issue is how completely unrelated and inapplicable that cherry picked example is. There's no need to victim blame the victim in that case, in turn. Indeed, there's no need to adress it at all, because it has nothing to do with the case discussed in this thread.

Last edited:

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Report his PMs.
What have I missed since the first few pages?
The guy has been even more of a creep and isn't backing down. His current narrative is that he's autistic, tomorrow he'll be something else.

Some creepy weirdos have come into the thread with a "both sides" narrative.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
The issue is how completely unrelated and inapplicable that cherry picked example is. There's no need to victim blame the victim in that case, in turn. Indeed, there's no need to adress it at all, because it has nothing to do with the case discussed in this thread.

I mentioned the narrative of false accusations ruining people lives because I was signposting the idea that believing in that narrative can be harmful to the vulnerable people who find themselves in that situation and that people should be more understanding of mental illness as depression was listed in the article to someone who's main takeaway was that the case was all about the false accusation alone. I'd never dream of suggesting that he was in that situation because of any decisions he made; that was clearly all on her.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I mentioned the narrative of false accusations ruining people lives because I was signposting the idea that believing in that narrative can be harmful to the vulnerable people who find themselves in that situation and that people should be more understanding of mental illness as depression was listed in the article to someone who's main takeaway was that the case was all about the false accusation alone. I'd never dream of suggesting that he was in that situation because of any decisions he made; that was clearly all on her.

Ah, that's OK. As someone who struggled with depression (and friends with people in that situation too) I've had more than my share of "blaming the depressive person", so I probably overreacted. :)

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Ok there are way more layers to this story. Seriously fuck this guy.

There's several posts with pics in the thread, but it seems like the whole thing from the beginning was a setup by him to get her banned.

Last edited:

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Ok there are way more layers to this story. Seriously fuck this guy.

There's several posts with pics in the thread, but it seems like the whole thing from the beginning was a setup by him to get her banned.

What is the context to this? Who is the person he's messaging? This is the first I've heard of the girl involved getting banned from gdq as well.

Edit;

Ok scrolled through that person's Twitter and it's Chad's ex girlfriend who went out with him for a little over a year and even lived together at a point. He's obviously a lying scum bag and manipulating these girls. Messaging his ex about this other girl and what he's doing to her is a power play and typical behaviour of people like himself. This is so much personal drama I can't even believe how much I know about them all at this point. He's a sack of shit and uses whatever he does in the speed running community to prey on people. He's a sicko.

Last edited:

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Actually this might be a better starting point

I was looking at the replies in cdgexe's thing and one guy said he had more info and not to believe his shit.

I went to his twitter where he linked to her stuff.

Looking at her post history looks like she and cdgexe might've been together at one point

Last edited:

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017

I was looking at the replies in cdgexe's thing and one guy said he had more info and not to believe his shit.

Looking at her post history looks like she and cdgexe might've been together at one point

Mazzle May wanna add this to the OP since it really changes the story he's been bullshitting.

Last edited:

Evildeadhead

Oct 26, 2017
Basically he was trying to make his ex jealous but in the same move also trying to get brownie points from his ex by getting the new girl banned.

Trumpian 4d chess at play. The prick is a proper wrong 'un.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland

Welp, as I said about that hole. He ain't getting out, it's way too deep now. Though there will still be people thinking he is the victim in all of this.

clickKunst

Dec 18, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I would have just suspended the dude until all information came to light. Permanently banning someone immediately on innuendo is such a scorched Earth approach. Whoever's running Games Done Quick should get into politics - he'd be right at home at the DNC or RNC.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

I said this before. If there was more to the story, it probably isn't something that makes him look better, because what he thought of as a defense was so damning already.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
"I'm the victim here!" -Lester (Fargo SSN1)

IgPh.gif

Zips

Oct 25, 2017

Holy cow...

That is some insane levels of manipulation. He is a monsterous piece of shit.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What a horrible piece of shit. This is borderline sociopathy with all the things that got brought up.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Thank goodness Twitter finally suspended his account. Took them long enough.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I would have just suspended the dude until all information came to light. Permanently banning someone immediately on innuendo is such a scorched Earth approach. Whoever's running Games Done Quick should get into politics - he'd be right at home at the DNC or RNC.
*And yet another anime avatar*

Enjoy the ban idiot.

clickKunst

Dec 18, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
User Banned (3 days): Hostility; Inflammatory derail attempt
Might want to read the thread dickhead.

Might want to clean up your language, pig. I'm not really interested in sifting through tweets collated by some Internet detectives - this is a matter for AGDQ to investigate and I hope some people can respect that.

It could have gone the other way - hence why a suspension is fine until absolutely sure permanent banning is necessary.

Evildeadhead

Oct 26, 2017
Might want to clean up your language, pig. I'm not really interested in sifting through tweets collated by some Internet detectives - this is a matter for AGDQ to investigate and I hope some people can respect that.

It could have gone the other way - hence why a suspension is fine until absolutely sure permanent banning is necessary.

If you're not interested don't post drivel.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

Wait, so you're upset that AGDQ didn't look at the full story, but you're not interested in reading the story?

You don't even need to get all the way to this page, the guy's immediate tweets where he himself posted evidence were damning. His initial story was... she owed being in bed with him because he paid to ship her out. That's not the accusation, that's the defense.