• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Wow somehow this got worse. From creep to evil monster. Also telling someone your evil plan like that is just so stupid, but when you are a monster who gets away with it for so long it's not surprising he thought he'd be fine.

zbon

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto!
Twitter account suspended, maybe his next play is to print off some new texts and read them to strangers at the train station.

MotionBlue

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone give a TLDR? I heard about this briefly, but there is obviously a higher peak to shit mountain. Why can't ADGQ go a year without creeper drama happening?

OP
OP

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So yeah, lemme congratulate you Chad
4a4.gif

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
1) A benefit you don't seem to be extending to both parties.
2) Extending the benefit of the doubt to this dude stopped being "reasonable" the second he posted that entire conversation on Twitter.

He was referring to himself, not the dude, I think. Luigi told him he was giving him (the era guy) the benefit of the doubt

Last edited:

stersauce

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
san jose, ca
so from what i'm understanding, chad agreed to all of these recent developments because he thought it would paint him in a good light?

i don't know why i'm surprised but i'm surprised

what teh fuck

clickKunst

Dec 18, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Wait, so you're upset that AGDQ didn't look at the full story, but you're not interested in reading the story?

You don't even need to get all the way to this page, the guy's immediate tweets where he himself posted evidence were damning. His initial story was... she owed being in bed with him because he paid to ship her out. That's not the accusation, that's the defense.

This is a bit of a car crash so I will leave the thread. I agree my post was poor timing but I really don't want to indulge myself by reading the play-by-plays of a seedy modder's bedroom affairs - this is a matter for Games Done Quick only IMO.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Given how much of a toxic shithead this guy was being out of the gates, it's hardly surprising that things have been revealed to be even more insidious. Fuck this guy.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Well this has been quite a ride. Just facepalming at autism being used, and the fact that that he was setting her up to be screwed in part to one up his ex is just... Freaking wow.

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would have just suspended the dude until all information came to light. Permanently banning someone immediately on innuendo is such a scorched Earth approach. Whoever's running Games Done Quick should get into politics - he'd be right at home at the DNC or RNC.
maybe you should get into fence sitting with this stupid fucking logic

Fantasma

Nov 16, 2017
That open, unapologetic admission of attempted coercion via providing travel/lodging points to wider problems

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone give a TLDR? I heard about this briefly, but there is obviously a higher peak to shit mountain. Why can't ADGQ go a year without creeper drama happening?
Chad brought Mari to GDQ and didn't get her proper registration which got her banned (which was eventually resolved due to misunderstanding). He was using Mari for sex, all while he setup the whole thing to get her banned so he could try to hook up with his ex-girlfriend. After Mari rejected him, Chad went to Twitter and posted all of the private Discord chats they've had in an attempt to paint himself in a good light when he announced he was permabanned for being "falsely accussed of sexual harassment". Used excuses about his condition and hiding behind autism for what he did. Favorited and retweeted a bunch of mysoginist tweets siding with him. He kept digging his own grave with every new tweet he posted, and the killer blows are the tweets posted on the last page from people who knew Chad personally, like his ex-fiancé, PikaRae, who was also used for sex in their relationship.

Hope that TLDR is accurate enough. Anyone feel free to fill in any blanks I left out.

Also, fuck every podcaster and the D-rate wannabe radio stars who sided with Chad, especially Destiny.

Last edited:

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Ok there are way more layers to this story. Seriously fuck this guy.

There's several posts with pics in the thread, but it seems like the whole thing from the beginning was a setup by him to get her banned.

This guy is genuinely fucking awful. Jesus. He already seemed terrible, but it just keeps getting worse.

Deleted member 15395

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can you not play this game here? The idea that men's lives and careers are on the line in the US over sexual harrassment claims is pretty fucking absurd when you have Kavanaugh in the supreme court where as Ford's had to move her house 3 times due to threats against her and her family. The reality is you've got nothing to fear from false rape/abuse claims unless you're a minority and then the issue isn't the false claim but the justice system. Even in the case you mentioned I'd argue it had more to do with the victims mental health and this false narrative that men's lives are destroyed through false accusations; that's why you had to stretch to an Argentinian story to find an example.

Hi. I live in Argentina. I've no idea what is it that you're talking about. Just responding to this because clearly you've no idea what I was talking about either. That's all.

Bye.

Last edited:

Baircade

Aug 21, 2018
Europe
Actually, he is a straight up PSYCHO planning something this nasty and insane just to get back with his ex and make up for how he handled GDQ in 2018 to her.
Makes me shiver people had/have to deal with his shit.

Eriol

Oct 27, 2017
Santiago, Chile
Hi. I live in Argentina. I've no idea what is it that you're talking about. Just responding to this because clearly you've no idea what I was talking about. That's all.

Bye.

Its because putting an case like that, that isnt that normally happens, its whats normally called whataboutism, but speaking of the sitituation in Argentina. what normally happens are femcides, around 5.2 a week (2018).

Omegamon

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its because putting an case like that, that isnt that normally happens, its whats normally called whataboutism, but speaking of the sitituation in Argentina. what normally happens are femcides, around 5.2 a week (2018).
That user sounds like the kind of guy who mocks #NiunaMenos but was outraged about that kid who commited suicide

Oct 27, 2017
Hi. I live in Argentina. I've no idea what is it that you're talking about. Just responding to this because clearly you've no idea what I was talking about either. That's all.

Bye.

This is the third time you claim you are leaving the thread, but then come back to continue stirring the pot. Enough of your whataboutisms, your "just asking questions", your MRA rhetoric, your victim blaming and your attempts at derailing this thread. Stop talking about this one case as if it was the norm. For every link you post where the man was the victim of a false accusation, one hundred could be posted where a woman was the victim of harassment, molestation, rape or murder.

So if you're going to leave, just leave.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
We need to get that Mars station up and running so that we can start banning people from earth...

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
This is the third time you claim you are leaving the thread, but then come back to continue stirring the pot. Enough of your whataboutisms, your "just asking questions", your MRA rhetoric, your victim blaming and your attempts at derailing this thread. Stop talking about this one case as if it was the norm. For every link you post where the man was the victim of a false accusation, one hundred could be posted where a woman was the victim of harassment, molestation, rape or murder.

So if you're going to leave, just leave.
It's clear he's just stirring shit. Report him and stop engaging.

MrJohnSherry

Jan 4, 2018
You know how many times my wife hasn't been able to get comfortable or I have insomnia one night and would rather just watch TV and we tell the other we're going to sleep on the couch instead? Imagine that being enough to piss you off.

Right? Madness, I spend most of my weekends like this - I watch alot of Hockey which isn't really UK timezone friendly. You got to be on some other level to be annoyed by that. God damn.

tmkn

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Please tell me she went to the police to report the sexual harassment allegations and not AGDQ as it is implied by the reporting, wtf

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Actually this might be a better starting point

I was looking at the replies in cdgexe's thing and one guy said he had more info and not to believe his shit.

I went to his twitter where he linked to her stuff.

Looking at her post history looks like she and cdgexe might've been together at one point

I knew it would get worse after seeing what this guy was using to defend himself. Absolutely disgusting behaviour, happy to see him banned from GDQ

Edit: thought he was suspended from Twitter but that wasn't the case

Last edited:

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
So how come she got a 2 year ban for just trying to sneak in?? A bit harsh, no?
That's been cleared up actually. The person at the time was confused. She can register again for SGDQ 2020, so it's really just a year.

Also, this is what I get when I try to go to his page:
8W09ycl.png

I really hope he is actually suspended. Fuck him for his transphobia and misogyny.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
That's been cleared up actually. The person at the time was confused. She can register again for SGDQ 2020, so it's really just a year.

Also, this is what I get when I try to go to his page:
8W09ycl.png

I really hope he is actually suspended. Fuck him for his transphobia and misogyny.

So actually is zero years, because this year she couldn't get in anyway, right?

Thank god

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

I guess they don't want to break rules, which is a shame because the least this poor girl should get is a free pass to this year's event (is it even still ongoing?). But I understand it would set a precedent that others might want to abuse, so I can't fault them for it.