• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaucyKaz

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
By the way if for some reason someone on the fence is waiting to hear it straight from the horse's mouth, yes, I do know something you guys don't.

My role PM.

4YQjuoi.gif

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How is everyone getting townie vibes from some people now? I honestly still don't have a feel for most of you. I guess I like StanleyPalmertree.

VOTE: Bronx-Man

Phantom Thief your posts are borderline fluff. I'll vote for you if this Bronx-Bus doesn't materialize.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Gah. I guess this is what we get for killing Sparkster, & Scum for killing Corrick. Discussion's been so slow today that all we have is Palmfather's post about Kaz that doesn't go anywhere, & some fluff posts here & there (Looking forward to that write-up, though, Phantom Thief!).

I don't explicitly distrust anyone at this point. If all else fails, I'll jump on the Bronx-Bus, too. He's been quiet, even after Sunday night.

NZJubJub

Oct 28, 2017
Been reading the thread and yeah i think right now SaucyKaz is current the most suspicious. Originally i thought he was a towne but looking back at his comments makes me think he is not a towne so.

Vote: SaucyKaz
Without much to go on right now, I reckon we should be looking at who is trying to get some easy votes out there. We've given TheGamingNewsGuy a lot of leeway, but dropping a vote saying you have reasons for it but not actually posting those reasons? This just doesn't seem right to me, especially given how slow this day phase has been.
I'm still not sure on exmachina64 and Oliver James, but starting an easy bus on Bronx-Man surely deserves a second look.

Vote: TheGamingNewsGuy

NZJubJub

Oct 28, 2017
I think this post really needs a preface to say that this is all conjecture, I mean look at all the if's and calls for assumptions in there. This is just something I noticed when going over things earlier and it may end up being relevant later.

Actually if we assume that scum killed SalvaPot then I think we see something interesting happen with Godfather.
So, earlier in the day Godfather voices concerns about Phantom Thief, SalvaPot (confirmed town), Comrade Sparkster (confirmed town) and myself.
He then jumps on the Comrade bus, these two posts are just over 2 hours after the votecount shows Comrade at 3 and both Extreme Tactician and SalvaPot on 2.
Now, say scum decide that they actually want Comrade alive and decide to get SalvaPot killed instead.
With 3 minutes left in the day Godfather tries to swing the votes to SalvaPot (actually lands on a no-lynch by tie), exmachina secures the Comrade lynch with 1 minute remaining, Godfather quickly says he thought the votes were 4:3 Comrade to SalvaPot.

Now do you guys think this could be the case, or is it all just too far-fetched?
Also, is it rude to make these kinds of posts without putting in all the quotes?

NZJubJub

Oct 28, 2017
Ah, missed the post adding zipped to the list of people Godfather suspected (correcting mistakenly putting nin on that list)

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
I think this post really needs a preface to say that this is all conjecture, I mean look at all the if's and calls for assumptions in there. This is just something I noticed when going over things earlier and it may end up being relevant later.

Actually if we assume that scum killed SalvaPot then I think we see something interesting happen with Godfather.
So, earlier in the day Godfather voices concerns about Phantom Thief, SalvaPot (confirmed town), Comrade Sparkster (confirmed town) and myself.
He then jumps on the Comrade bus, these two posts are just over 2 hours after the votecount shows Comrade at 3 and both Extreme Tactician and SalvaPot on 2.
Now, say scum decide that they actually want Comrade alive and decide to get SalvaPot killed instead.
With 3 minutes left in the day Godfather tries to swing the votes to SalvaPot (actually lands on a no-lynch by tie), exmachina secures the Comrade lynch with 1 minute remaining, Godfather quickly says he thought the votes were 4:3 Comrade to SalvaPot.

Now do you guys think this could be the case, or is it all just too far-fetched?
Also, is it rude to make these kinds of posts without putting in all the quotes?

Nope! You're golden. It's a valid theory.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
I do gotta say, before I go to bed, that there IS merit to a Bronx-Bus. He's clearly been active in other parts of ResetEra, but not here. He hasn't provided much input other than him being groggy yesterday. It might be a bit late in the day, but we have until noon, right?

Vote: Bronx-Man

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Plus, we're still waiting on that Phantom Thief write-up... Not that I'm one to talk, having been busy this past week. Still, you both have been inactive, & am comfortable pushing for either of you 2 just to get you to talk.

Deleted member 2083

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do gotta say, before I go to bed, that there IS merit to a Bronx-Bus. He's clearly been active in other parts of ResetEra, but not here. He hasn't provided much input other than him being groggy yesterday. It might be a bit late in the day, but we have until noon, right?

Twelve hours and two minutes.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I do gotta say, before I go to bed, that there IS merit to a Bronx-Bus. He's clearly been active in other parts of ResetEra, but not here.

5. Do not refer or discuss to player activity in other forum threads or life in general beyond the game.

What players do outside this thread is their business. Please focus on what's going on in here.

I just gotta mention this, but your text isn't bolded.

NZJubJub

Oct 28, 2017
We're less than 8 hours out, and unless I'm crazy and/or blind there are quite a few people who either haven't posted yet or have a low post count like myself.
Are we cool? Surely this isn't normal right?

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
Inofficial vote count

exmachina64 (2)
----------------------------------------------
tearable puns, #497
FluxWaveZ, #499

SaucyKaz (3)
Godfather, #542
Phantom Thief, #584
TheGamingNewsGuy, #590

Bronx-Man (3)
exmachina64, #588
Oliver James, #608
Zubz, #619

TheGamingNewsGuy (2)
NZJubJub, #613
SaucyKaz, #617

OP
OP
nin

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Wall of shame

1. [m] CoolestSpot 3 posts
2. [m] NZJubJub - GMT+13 6 posts
3. [m] TearablePuns - New - EST 6 posts
4. [m] TheGamingNewsGuy - New - GMT 3 posts
5. [m] Phantom Thief - New - EST 13 posts
6. [m] Extreme Tactician - New - UTC+8 (mentored by Sawneeks) 5 posts
7. [m] ExMachina64 - UTC-6 15 posts
8. [m] Zubz - EST 12 posts
9. [m] Apollo - EST 3 posts
10. [m] Bronx-Man - EST 2 posts
11. [m] Oliver James - UTC+8 5 posts
12. [m] zippedpinhead - CST 5 posts
13. [m] FluxWaveZ - EST 6 posts
14. [m] flatearthpandas - GMT+9 3 posts
15. [-] Godfather - CST 15 posts
16. [m] SaucyKaz - EST 23 posts

——————————

68.75% of the current players are below the 10 post mark.
I am aware of it and will take action after this Day phase.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
So I understand the votes against Bronx-Man. Can someone explain the votes against SaucyKaz?

Someone mentioned reading his earlier posts and finding them suspicious. Care to elaborate?

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Ugh. It's a tie, but that post count has me more confident in my Bronx-Man vote. Granted, it also explains why we haven't had much to go off of today.

5. Do not refer or discuss to player activity in other forum threads or life in general beyond the game.

What players do outside this thread is their business. Please focus on what's going on in here.

I apologize for that, especially to Bronx-Man. I forgot about this rule. Thank you for catching it.

NZJubJub

Oct 28, 2017
So I understand the votes against Bronx-Man. Can someone explain the votes against SaucyKaz?

Someone mentioned reading his earlier posts and finding them suspicious. Care to elaborate?
Here you go, someone feel free to correct me if I've missed something again

So Saucy said this D1, and now, sure enough, it seems like we have two scum teams. I assumed this was a newbie question at first, and glossed over it, but now I feel like he's in on it.

Going to review the rest of his posts now.
Godfather later makes a much more expansive post about his read on SaucyKaz as #559, you can't miss it. I think this is the post you are thinking of (its way too big to quote here).

To be honest I expected to be voted out at this point. I still want to see who agrees with Godfather guys, c'mon out.
I'm going to sleep. Before I do, I am voting for, as promised

and finally
Been reading the thread and yeah i think right now SaucyKaz is current the most suspicious. Originally i thought he was a towne but looking back at his comments makes me think he is not a towne so.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
I just think he is being overly aggressive.Also asking pepole to say their roles for the most part doesn't work.Being honest - i have a gut feeling that he's not a towne from the beginning which is why i changed my vote.

Huh - being honest, i did not expect Salva being taken out. Personally i do agree with Flux - him being taken out by a netural role makes the most sense to me

Being honest,i think Fluxwave and exmachina are most likely townies based on their behaviour

So, looking back at TheGamingNewsGuy, I'm not sure that any of his posts have substance. He relies on "gut-feelings" and agrees with others just to do go the safe route and possibly deceive those people.
I don't see any recent posts where he formulates his own theories based on "specific" previous posts. If he did, this would indicate to me at least he was trying to convince other townies to vote for a suspected scum or neutral.

Now, I wouldn't say this lets exmachina64 off the hook forever in my book, I just find TheGamingNewsGuy much more suspicious at this point in time.

Adding in the whole vote change debacle near the beginning of the game, it's time to do what we need to.
Sorry, FluxWaveZ. But hopefully, if you are town, you make the right decision and put your vote somewhere else. Unless you can convince 3 more people to vote for exmachina64, I don't want my vote to go to waste this time.

VOTE: TheGamingNewsGuy

NZJubJub

Oct 28, 2017
I'll be heading off to sleep shortly. However before I go I want to stress that with the top votes currently tied at 3 between 3 different people and the relatively low number of meaty posts in this day phase, who you vote for now and what reasons you give for that vote are likely to be closely scrutinised tomorrow. Even if you aren't all that confident in your vote, posting your feelings about who you are/aren't voting for will give us more information tomorrow; something we'll definitely need.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
I'll be heading off to sleep shortly. However before I go I want to stress that with the top votes currently tied at 3 between 3 different people and the relatively low number of meaty posts in this day phase, who you vote for now and what reasons you give for that vote are likely to be closely scrutinised tomorrow. Even if you aren't all that confident in your vote, posting your feelings about who you are/aren't voting for will give us more information tomorrow; something we'll definitely need.
We went from 9-10 pages in Day 1 to 2-3 in Day 2. It's going to be difficult for many people to find a lot of information to back your votes, but even so, anything you can bring to the table will demonstrate that you are trying to help town.

I'll be at work during the transition to night, but i'll try and peak my head in stealthily lol

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Judging by the low activity right now, I predict that many scum will be active during the last hour of the day. This is what scares me the most because I may not be able to change my vote in response to their decision-making. I'm at work now. I may get fired, but it'll be worth it

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
gre_1516208400.png

Hoping I can find some time to catch up this morning. Got busy yesterday.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
VOTE: exmachina64

Rationale for the vote is as follows: His interest in Salva on D1 and Bronx on D2 rub me the wrong way. There's definitely a case for why one might now be happy with either player so that's not necessarily bad on its own, but coupled with certain positions of his that feel pretty safe (such as making two of his three top town reads CoolestSpot and Phantom Thief in post #533), I begin to get the feeling that exmachina is scum taking easy positions while still maintaining strong activity to appear more town than he is. It's similar to what Godfather was saying about Kaz, but I'm finding exmachina to be more suspect atm.

Also, I am sorry for my low activity this phase. I'll aim to improve it moving forward.

SaucyKaz

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Of course now that I have a 10 hour shift the game picks up a bit. I'll do my best to check in right before time. I'm at work until 6pm EST. If I change my vote it will be to someone else with a low post count.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, wasn't a lot to catch up on. We're spreading our votes out now, which is... i dunno. It leaves a lot more potential for shenanigans as we approach deadline, and makes me think at least 1 of the is scum.

Bronx-Man (3) - He's certainly been acting off this game. Dodging all accountability so far.
exmachina64 - Is this a vote to save himself, or legitimate scum hunting? unsure
OliverJames - Dude's barely registered as a participant, unfortunately. Could easily be scum.
Zubz - Activity lower than I would expect, which is concerning, but I feel like their posts have at least been on topic.

exmachina64 (2) - See above. I hesitate to lynch one of our mildly active players without more reason.
TearablePuns - Has decent reasons for his vote, feel good about him.
FluxWavez - Super tunneled since D1. I totally understand the feeling, and it's not scum-like behavior IMO. Lean town here.

SaucyKaz (3) - Y'all know my general feelings. I almost unvoted for his soft claim, but he was so vague and than retracted it? Have even more concerns now, though I'm worried I'm just cannibalizing an active player.
Godfather - This is me. I feel too tunneled, but i generally regret not following my gut on these issues.
Phantom Thief - Closest to verified town we have, I guess.
TheGamingNEwsGuy - Dunno what the D1 stuff was about, but I tend to give newbies a pass on D1 unless they just don't post. D2, he's not doing the work, IMO.

TheGamingNewsGuy (2) - See above. If Saucy is scum, I think TGNG is town.
NZJubJub - Not much of a read on him so far.
SaucyKaz - Legit scum hunting or attempt to save himself? I lean towards latter here.

It's all hard to judge because multiple factions throws everything off. For example, Saucy and TGNG could BOTH be scum, just on opposite teams, and that throws a giant wrench in the way I parse voting.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The TGNG day 1 drama is a non starter as far as I'm concerned. It's not the first time a new player has messed up with editing and it won't be the last. Without that, you're left with very little from him, which makes there little difference between voting for him or another silent player. To me, that makes the trains between him and Bronx effectively the same thing- scum could easily and justifiably split their votes here.

Deleted member 2083

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
VOTE: exmachina64

Rationale for the vote is as follows: His interest in Salva on D1 and Bronx on D2 rub me the wrong way. There's definitely a case for why one might now be happy with either player so that's not necessarily bad on its own, but coupled with certain positions of his that feel pretty safe (such as making two of his three top town reads CoolestSpot and Phantom Thief in post #533), I begin to get the feeling that exmachina is scum taking easy positions while still maintaining strong activity to appear more town than he is. It's similar to what Godfather was saying about Kaz, but I'm finding exmachina to be more suspect atm.

Also, I am sorry for my low activity this phase. I'll aim to improve it moving forward.
That's a really poor read of my activity.

My "interest" in Salva on Day 1 was because he was ignoring people's questions about him and I was trying to prod him. He didn't give a shit and ignored me, which made me fine with leaving my vote on him till Flux said it was a tie between Salva and Corrik. I've been clear that I'm against not lynching, it's a gift to scum.

Same thing with Bronx.

Me: "Bronx, what are your reads?"
Bronx: "I'm high as fuck right now, I'll be back later."
Me: "What about now?"
Bronx: "Hungover, I'll be back later."
Me: "Bronx...?"
Bronx: "..."

My vote has been on and remains on Bronx because this is a decent red flag. If Bronx is Town-aligned, instead of a Sony/Nintendo player looking to coast, maybe he should have asked to have been replaced.

I'd prefer to not be lumped in with Godfather since, unlike him, I'm choosing to believe Kaz's soft role claim at the moment.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I understand why you would prod Salva and I understand why you would prod Bronx. Both were/are worth prodding. That doesn't mean it wasn't safe to prod them, however. I'm not saying you shouldn't do things that are "safe", but what I am saying is that from my perspective, there has been a whole lot of safe from you. I don't hard read you as scum, but I definitely can see you being scum. For my own playstyle, I prefer this sort of vote over voting for somebody who hasn't said enough for me to gather info from.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Godfather - This is me. I feel too tunneled, but i generally regret not following my gut on these issues.
Lol it's okay to follow a gut-feeling as long as there is at least some amount of reason to it.

Luckily it's very slow at my job right now, so I have time to post. Since I do have the time atm to post, I'll give you all a heads up on any potential vote changes I could make last minute so that no one thinks I'm scum trying for a last second lynch *cough* exmachina64 .
I'll either be sticking with TGNG, changing back to exmachina64 (if he gets enough other votes to guarantee a lynch) or Bronx-man if there's no hope in lynching the other two.
If none of those are getting potentially lynched I'll either go no-vote or just keep my vote on one of them.
I've explained my reasoning in voting for either of those 3 in previous posts, so they aren't on my hit-list for no reason.

The only thing that I'm skeptical about in terms of Bronx-man is that Comrade Sparkster seemed to trust him early on. This could mean nothing of course because he could have likely been following Bronx-man blindly.

So, there it is.

Deleted member 2083

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I understand why you would prod Salva and I understand why you would prod Bronx. Both were/are worth prodding. That doesn't mean it wasn't safe to prod them, however. I'm not saying you shouldn't do things that are "safe", but what I am saying is that from my perspective, there has been a whole lot of safe from you. I don't hard read you as scum, but I definitely can see you being scum. For my own playstyle, I prefer this sort of vote over voting for somebody who hasn't said enough for me to gather info from.
That's disappointing, but fair.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
We cannot afford another 3 deaths though, so please, if you really are Town, this is an important Day phase to really think about and explain your votes.

Deleted member 2083

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol it's okay to follow a gut-feeling as long as there is at least some amount of reason to it.

Luckily it's very slow at my job right now, so I have time to post. Since I do have the time atm to post, I'll give you all a heads up on any potential vote changes I could make last minute so that no one thinks I'm scum trying for a last second lynch *cough* exmachina64 .
I'll either be sticking with TGNG, changing back to exmachina64 (if he gets enough other votes to guarantee a lynch) or Bronx-man if there's no hope in lynching the other two.
If none of those are getting potentially lynched I'll either go no-vote or just keep my vote on one of them.
I've explained my reasoning in voting for either of those 3 in previous posts, so they aren't on my hit-list for no reason.

The only thing that I'm skeptical about in terms of Bronx-man is that Comrade Sparkster seemed to trust him early on. This could mean nothing of course because he could have likely been following Bronx-man blindly.

So, there it is.
Sparkster was vanilla Town, so he would have had no solid reason for trusting Bronx.

Status
Not open for further replies.