• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also I don't actually think Kaz soft claimed, unless I'm missing something (outside of technically claiming that he received a role PM which could be anything from scum to vanilla). He said it was a joke. I'd say it was a pretty ill advised one all things considered but who knows

Deleted member 2083

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also I don't actually think Kaz soft claimed, unless I'm missing something (outside of technically claiming that he received a role PM which could be anything from scum to vanilla). He said it was a joke. I'd say it was a pretty ill advised one all things considered but who knows
Detective-Taking-Notes-90878.gif

Yes. I'm sure.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I understand why you would prod Salva and I understand why you would prod Bronx. Both were/are worth prodding. That doesn't mean it wasn't safe to prod them, however. I'm not saying you shouldn't do things that are "safe", but what I am saying is that from my perspective, there has been a whole lot of safe from you. I don't hard read you as scum, but I definitely can see you being scum. For my own playstyle, I prefer this sort of vote over voting for somebody who hasn't said enough for me to gather info from.

You understand why that just encourages people to lurk without posting, right? The surest way to win as scum around here is simply not posting. At the time of nin's post, 6 people had 5 or fewer posts on D2. That's enough to hide 2 scum teams.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I certainly took it as a soft claim initially, but he went nowhere with it. It feels like a Neutral/scum who can't think of a good way to spin it.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm putting off too much work for this, right now. I won't be back today unless I can sneak an early lunch.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I read that differently. My interpretation was Kaz was taking notes of Zubz's assumption (in case Zubz knew concretely, rather than just assuming).

You understand why that just encourages people to lurk without posting, right? The surest way to win as scum around here is simply not posting. At the time of nin's post, 6 people had 5 or fewer posts on D2. That's enough to hide 2 scum teams.

I get what you're saying, but I don't know if it's that black and white. If I had a pure town read on everybody was active then yeah at that point I would be more amenable to voting for somebody who said almost nothing. But I think there's an argument for how exmachina could be scum so I'm choosing to roll with it. There's also the fact that I'm just one vote. Even if my way of doing things is wrong, not all of town has to agree with me, and as long as that's the case then it's not as easy for scum to do what you describe.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I certainly took it as a soft claim initially, but he went nowhere with it. It feels like a Neutral/scum who can't think of a good way to spin it.

That was my first impression too, and I certainly think it could have been a backpedal on Kaz's part. Thay being said Kaz has already shown a fondness for jokes on both this game and Berserk mafia so I'm inclined to take him at his word on this.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Same thing with Bronx.

Me: "Bronx, what are your reads?"
Bronx: "I'm high as fuck right now, I'll be back later."
Me: "What about now?"
Bronx: "Hungover, I'll be back later."
Me: "Bronx...?"
Bronx: "..."

My vote has been on and remains on Bronx because this is a decent red flag. If Bronx is Town-aligned, instead of a Sony/Nintendo player looking to coast, maybe he should have asked to have been replaced.
Interestingly enough, Bronx-man's posts have even littler substance than Salva's did. Both refused to really be active players in helping Town (even though Salva claimed to say something if he got a read on someone), so it's very easy to target a player like that.

And that's the main reason why I would vote for Bronx-man: he seems like all he will do is coast through this game. And i'll feel like a fool if he manages to last all game doing this and turns out to be scum in the end.
Now's the time to share who your suspects are Bronx-Man (at least 2-3) and who you trust. And your reasoning behind this.

Time is dwindling

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry, I've been busy with other stuff, bit surprised by the activity. Guess it's one of those. I'm all for clearing out the inactives for now. I know I'm pretty low this dayphase myself but I was active yesterday at least.

As far as inactives to clear, Bronx seems as good as anyone else. Contributed basically nothing and actually I feel pretty good about exmachina after the end of day 1. It's a shame salva ended up being town, but I would vote for him again if I had to do it over.

Oct 26, 2017
If I had to vote into the more actives, I would probably go Apollo today tbh. I kind of argued for him yesterday but that was mostly because I was devil's advocating Corrik's aggressive play. But it doesn't seem impossible that scum killed Corrik due to his power claim. We kind of cleared up that he didn't claim a night action before the day ended but there was some confusion and he did still have an open threat against Apollo.

Not a strong case, hence my unwillingness to vote over an inactive, but something I'm keeping in mind.

I don't really have strong reads on anyone now. It took me like five minutes to catch up on almost two days worth of activity so I would say we're looking pretty bad overall here.

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone have a vote count with all votes, including unvotes? I'll look into doing one if I'm the only one actually active right now.

Also want to say to Nin, thank you for the day end and start times. This is probably the most comfortable game for me in that regard, except on weekends.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Vote count:

exmachina64 (2)

TearablePuns #497
FluxWaveZ #499
Apollo #640

SaucyKaz (3)
Godfather #542
Phantom Thief #584
TheGamingNewsGuy #590

Bronx-Man (3)
exmachina64 #588
Oliver James #608
flatearthpandas #659

TheGamingNewsGuy (3)
NZJubJub #613
SaucyKaz #617
TearablePuns #634

Day 2 ends in:
gre_1516208400.png

Last edited:
I really suck at reading players around here huh.

Honestly, out of everybody, Bronx seems the most suspicious. He's not especially big on his posts, and he is very inactive. I'm probably a bit hypocritical about this, but I at least participate more often. I asked about terms I don't know about, and I give my opinions when I want to. Plus I read Comrade correctly, and even asked if anybody thought so as well.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Is it really going to be that gaming news guy or Bronx-man?

I just don't understand why those two? I see Bronx-man's is because of substance

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I have town read Saucykaz, so for at least this day phase I'm sticking to that.

Gotta read through some Exmachina64 posts and those Thatgamingnewsguy posts.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
ok Thatgamingnewsguy seems to be on here because of Activity? But nin said 66% of us are all terrible players today, What makes him different than say Apollo?

I see Bronx-man is also in low activity? Are we just going to snipe all the low posters because that is the ERAfia standard scum playbook?

SaucyKaz

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
And seriously I wish I had the time to type out a lot of shit. No I didn't soft claim back there, yes that gif of someone taking notes means I was taking notes, yes Bronx-Man is now dead af

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Town Reads:
Exmachina - From the start this man has been posting in depth posts. Often times in games I defend "in depth posts" and die because people are faking and manipulating the game (okay well, for other reasons, but those who play with me know what I mean), but the details, being so calculating in thought and trying to get everyone active move me to his side.
SaucyKaz - Yo man, it's been a minute. People say he's been suspicious but I don't really see it, and his actions speak to me almost like his underdoggity nature of the game I played with him where he was a true hero. If anything I'd think he's nintendo and not scum, though those two roles may go hand and hand, but he seems to me on up and up.

Unknown:
Brox - Hard to read this man. Every post he makes off mafia makes me laugh harder then they should (some even in here), and I honestly am charmed by his persona. I need to take closer look while I gather scum reads cause his inactivity could be from Broxing it up or hiding his mafia smell with sitcom shenanigans.

I'm really sorry for being active guys; to be honest, it's harder then I thought to jump in after a game starts. I'll be more active day 3, otherwise I fully suspect to be reprimanded in some way (be it be admins or the suspicion such activity would cause).

Oct 26, 2017
Almost definitely scum between zubz, jubjub, exmachina, and gamingnews.

We have no flips either of the vote trains yesterday. Scum most likely killed Corrik. Whoever killed Salva may be town-aligned. Meaning, good chance of scum between feps, puns, and godfather as well.

If I had to choose a scum from that list, I would go zubz or puns.

jubjub looks alright because he jumped from one town train to another. No real reason to do that since scum is okay with either lynch. Godfather did the same except he was going to tie the vote. But then again, with town town that doesn't help scum either. Machina saved from a tie, which is generally a good thing to do. I'd say jubjub and godfather look better overall.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright. So looking back on the thread, Corrik was more all over the place than I had previously thought. In the end, he did think that Comrade and Salva were town, so he got those two right. But his scum reads seemed pretty uncertain. It started with his sting with Apollo out of nowhere from the start, which then pretty much dissipated as he no longer scum read him. Seemed his approach was to be aggressive towards some peeps to get role claims and have more info. He ended up voting for NZJubJub, but eh. How I see it, the reason he was (probably) killed by scum are more because of what was already discussed, and not because he might have been on the right track.

His town reads could be correct cause he's a fucking scummy, and used that info so when they got killed they could win us over by trying to pin some town members. Common strategy, really.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's hard for me to do wifism and such and read cause I second guess myself so much; especially when trying to scroll through so many messages and read it in the moment to moment mindset.

I almost don't want to vote anyone, but I've been explained how that can be worse for town. And hell, after 2 night kills I agree with that thinking.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
PLEASE HOLD OFF ON FURTHER DISCUSSION. ACTIONS ARE IN PROCESS.

EVERYONE TAKE A NAP.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Almost definitely scum between zubz, jubjub, exmachina, and gamingnews.

We have no flips either of the vote trains yesterday. Scum most likely killed Corrik. Whoever killed Salva may be town-aligned. Meaning, good chance of scum between feps, puns, and godfather as well.

If I had to choose a scum from that list, I would go zubz or puns.

jubjub looks alright because he jumped from one town train to another. No real reason to do that since scum is okay with either lynch. Godfather did the same except he was going to tie the vote. But then again, with town town that doesn't help scum either. Machina saved from a tie, which is generally a good thing to do. I'd say jubjub and godfather look better overall.

Apparently I'm one of the few 100% on Ex reading through the last few posts. Can you explain his bad boy behavior that'd make you put him in corner as you await choosing who to murder? Ex Machina doesn't seem the type to support Knack in my eyes.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
VOTE: GAMINGNEWSGUY

I already explained my support of other two that are up, and I do think thinning the herd is best for town right now, so sorry Gaming. The reasoning to push you for the chop-chop is enough to convince me in the last 51 minutes.

OP
OP
nin

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Suddently you heard a shot coming out of the Kinect... Bronx Man could not do a thing as he was taken out instantly.

Bronx-Man was killed

Amff_yoywZpoYERwyRxTzzEBf6Ac_FHN8p60i3TEqxtX2Qy1g6wojcz1jmOiiaHyJ4Y6KSm65wXpUnXGO0n6jeJrs-L9bh3kztc81RVD35hZP_Y77WvTIqqOvnFaCFulM-c3tcPG

Congratulations, you are Don Mattrick, Vanilla Townie.

Since you are useless, your only ability is to vote.

You have the weapon to VOTE.

Win condition:

You are aligned with Town.

You win when all Mafia aligned players have been eliminated.

If there are any questions left feel free to ask :)

The game thread can be found here

Please confirm that you received this message by replying to this message as well by posting in the game thread with "my body is ready".

Good Luck and have fun!

Game continues!

OP
OP
nin

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
You may talk now again.......could have done that 2 days ago

Status
Not open for further replies.