• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
latest

THE FUCK. On one hand, dope this happened mid-day, always wanted a game with mid-day abilities and hoped when I ran a game they'd have it. BUT BROX, NO, HE WAS ONE OF THE GOOD ONES! I liked the man a lot, and to see him go...

YOU'LL PAY! WHOEVER IS RESPONSIBLE WILL TAKE A KILL FROM MY OWN ENERGY SWORD TO THEIR BACK!

Also what an odd kill, since town might of chosen to kill him anyways.

Maybe it was Nintendo, someone who doesn't know who scum would be? His early kill doesn't make sense as scum kill to me since he could of been pushed for death.

OP
OP
nin

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Vote count:

exmachina64 (2)

TearablePuns #497
FluxWaveZ #499
Apollo #640

SaucyKaz (3)
Godfather #542
Phantom Thief #584
TheGamingNewsGuy #590

Bronx-Man (4) dead
exmachina64 #588
Oliver James #608
flatearthpandas #659
Extreme Tactician #670

TheGamingNewsGuy (4)
NZJubJub #613
SaucyKaz #617
TearablePuns #634
CoolestSpot #693

Zubz
Fep #686

Day 2 ends in:
gre_1516208400.png

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Four trains before Bronx's death- Kaz, Bronx, TGNG and Exmachina. Kaz and Bronx are town. I wonder how scum will have distributed themselves

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
what did you do Saucy? Why Bronx over the other two?

Still town reading you, Scum would wait past day 2 to use an insta kill

Oct 26, 2017
Kaz basically guaranteed town. Good chance of scum on bronx. I was kind of off but it looks shitty since it was after the command. That said, genuinely missed the command and it wasn't obvious it was a day shot

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
If I had to choose a scum from that list, I would go zubz or puns.
And you would be wrong. Explain to me why you think I am scum and I will back defend myself 100%.

On another note, Bronx-Man is third on my list for a reason Zippedpinhead. It's because the substance isn't there, promised, or even attempted in his posts.
The rest have done things that warrant my vote. Look back at my reasonings for voting either exmachina64 or TheGamingNewsGuy and it'll be more than "they don't post enough."

At this point in time, TheGamingNewsGuy is the most suspected by me and I hope he gets more votes, but it looks like that might not be the case.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Scum almost certainly were on Kaz and Bronx. Exmachina and TGNG both have votes on them and voted for one of the two. I feel like there's a scum between the two of them.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I've kinda caught up, but I glossed over some posts with the deadline approaching and SaucyKaz deciding to drop somebody.

I guess one perspective is that it's a good thing Bronx-Man was killed here before we wasted a lynch. And SaucyKaz is pretty much a confirmed townie now, so that's one less person to worry about (for the most part).

Nothing about exmachina has alleviated my concerns, and I truly, honestly think that he should be our lynch target. TheGamingNewsGuy seems kind of misguided. For one, he's the "easy" target based on the D1 flub. For two, he's giving newbie, not-knowing-what's-happening vibes. I don't necessarily read him as town, but I'm certainly not feeling as strongly against him as some others, that's for sure.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted Zubz to come in here and post a reads list, because based on post count and that assumption I am getting scum vibes. Not in a huge "definitely scum" way but more a trying to keep a low profile kinda way.

so
VOTE: ZUBZ

I'll take that vote off if Zubz comes in and gives the reads list though.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So:
SaucyKaz (3)
Godfather #542
Phantom Thief #584
TheGamingNewsGuy #590

Bronx-Man (4) dead
exmachina64 #588
Oliver James #608
flatearthpandas #659
Extreme Tactician #670
There's definitely scum among this, considering what we know now.

At this point, the ones I'm most suspicious of are exmachina64 and Godfather. I'm gonna have to look back on Godfather's posts concerning why, but it's not a good feeling.

Those who I think are the most town are currently: TearablePuns, Phantom Thief, and obviously SaucyKaz.

Oct 26, 2017
I still think zubz is likely scum and will gladly hop back on. But I'm okay with gamingnews, as he was the counter train to bronx. Puns jumped from machina onto there when he could have given bronx the extra push our just stayed on machina without drawing attention. Looks good

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hey look, someone is desperately voting for someone who has a good likelihood of being town now that the one who was gonna be today's main lynch target was shot.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I don't really understand this. Corrik was town, so who are you talking about?

I forgot he got killed. I just realized this moments ago, actually when revisiting it and came back hoping no one exposed my ass showing. ;-; Told you, scrolling and trying to catch up did number on me. I plan to fully catch up and have thoughts to present next day though, and be of some use to y'all.

Deleted member 2083

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, it's weird how you voted for someone else right after heat moved to you, after you said you need to think for a moment and didn't explain your new thoughts.

Good intentions mean nothing, if they did, Sony might be a company worth supporting.
At the moment, I'm on mobile and not sure if I'm going to be online when the countdown ends. Don't have time to type up a reads list before the day ends and don't want to end the day without voting.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot he got killed. I just realized this moments ago, actually when revisiting it and came back hoping no one exposed my ass showing. ;-; Told you, scrolling and trying to catch up did number on me. I plan to fully catch up and have thoughts to present next day though, and be of some use to y'all.
So you were trigger happy on painting someone as being scummy despite not actually knowing much about what happened to that person and what their arguments entailed, in the end.

Gotcha.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So you were trigger happy on painting someone as being scummy despite not actually knowing much about what happened to that person and what their arguments entailed, in the end.

Gotcha.

I was trying to post my reads in last hour, and freaking out in between typing they were scrambled. But I mean, to a point you're right, and it does paint me in a bad light. Hopefully my actions do better for us all, otherwise, you know...kill me off slowly like a vita.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's clear scum are in control of the flow of this game. Things are so directionless, and trains are oddly directed. They come about quickly, and are then picked up by people who are prone to following.

Because of this, I'm thinking more and more that TheGamingNewsGuy is town. Look how there's a complete lack of defense for him right now. He's not even here to put up any defense. And yet this lynch is going to go ahead and happen anyways.

We're going to end up killing ourselves if this is how it's going to go for each Day phase. We need to break the cycle.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
This is terrifying. The others I read as potential scum are voting for who I'm voting for.
Well, shit. If TGNG gets lynched a lot will be revealed

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This is terrifying. The others I read as potential scum are voting for who I'm voting for.
Well, shit. If TGNG gets lynched a lot will be revealed
Little will be. The conversation will move onto something else, and scum will use misdirection as is their purpose. Vote for who you think is scum now, not later. The latter is how you lose.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I just think that if Thatgamingnewsguy was scum more people would be here to vote in one way or another. Its pretty dead in here, which to me strikes me as scum letting us do their dirty work.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
It's clear scum are in control of the flow of this game. Things are so directionless, and trains are oddly directed. They come about quickly, and are then picked up by people who are prone to following.

Because of this, I'm thinking more and more that TheGamingNewsGuy is town. Look how there's a complete lack of defense for him right now. He's not even here to put up any defense. And yet this lynch is going to go ahead and happen anyways.

We're going to end up killing ourselves if this is how it's going to go for each Day phase. We need to break the cycle.
I am here, i just been busy with other things. As for my defence - i looked at what SaucyKatz was saying and decided that he was the most likely choice to be Mafia. That's why i voted for him

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Little will be. The conversation will move onto something else, and scum will use misdirection as is their purpose. Vote for who you think is scum now, not later. The latter is how you lose.
I have to go with what I believe based on post history. This is truly giving me anxiety now

TheGamingNewsGuy, now was the time to role claim so we would switch votes... this is not good for you.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I will freely admit - i should have given more of a reason that i did it my original post but personally my reasoning was simple so i didn't feel the need to put in a complicated explenation

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I am here, i just been busy with other things. As for my defence - i looked at what SaucyKatz was saying and decided that he was the most likely choice to be Mafia. That's why i voted for him

See, this is exactly what I've been saying about TheGamingNewsGuy. He's a newbie and is acting like one fully. Unless he's reached mastermind status in his first(?) game, there's little reason to think he's one of the top scum players right now.

FYI, SaucyKaz is one of the most likely town players right now, if you look at the action he made towards Bronx-Man recently.

OP
OP
nin

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Day 2 Ends
And have we done with War at last?
Well, we've been lucky devils both,
And there's no need of pledge or oath
To bind our lovely friendship fast,
By firmer stuff
Close bound enough.

By wire and Fuse and stake we're bound,
By Fricourt and by Festubert,
By whipping rain, by the sun's glare,
By all the misery and loud sound,
By a Spring day,
By Picard clay.

Show me the two so closely bound
As we, by the red ring ring of death,
By friendship, blossoming from xboxlive,
By Death: we faced him, and we found
Beauty in Death,
In dead fanboys breath.

TheGamingNewsGuy was killed!

Congratulations, you are Kaz Hirai, Mafia Goon.
You are a Mafia Goon, along with your partners.

During the night phase you may talk with your partners here [Private Topic link].
Additionally, you have a factional kill. You may do this by posting the command Kill: Player in your private thread.
Only one kill may be submitted per night.

You have the weapon to VOTE.

Win condition:

You are aligned with Mafia.

You win when a majority of the living players are Mafia, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

If there are any questions left feel free to ask :)

The game thread can be found here

You can Subscribe to the thread here

Please confirm that you received this message by replying to this message as well by posting in the game thread with "my body is ready".

Good Luck and have fun!

Night 2 Starts
It will end in
gre_1516381200.png

Last edited:

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
VOTE COUNT:

exmachina64 (2)
TearablePuns #497
FluxWaveZ #499
Apollo #640

SaucyKaz (3)
Godfather #542
Phantom Thief #584
TheGamingNewsGuy #590

TheGamingNewsGuy (6)
NZJubJub #613
SaucyKaz #617
TearablePuns #634
CoolestSpot #693
flatearthpandas #720
exmachina64 #721

Zubz (1)
flatearthpandas #686
Zippedpinhead #719

OP
OP
nin

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
cw_3.png

Day 3 starts
War is never over
Thought the treaties may be signed
The memories of the battles
Are forever in our minds

War is never over
So when you welcome heroes home
Remember in their minds they hold
Memories known to them alone

War is never over
Xbox veterans know this well
Now other wars bring memories back
Of their own eternal hell

War is never over
For I knew console wars too
And I'll not forget the battles
Or the nightmares that ensue

War is never over
Those left home to wait know this
For many still are waiting
It was their farewell kiss

War is never over
Though we win the victory
Still in our minds the battles
No freedom is not free!

FluxWavez was killed!

Congratulations, you are Don Mattrick, Vanilla Townie.

Since you are useless, your only ability is to vote.

Win condition:

You are aligned with Town.

You win when all Mafia aligned players have been eliminated.

The game thread can be found here

You can Subscribe to the thread here

Please confirm that you received this message by replying to this message as well by posting in the game thread with "my body is ready".

Good Luck and have fun!

But there was more...

Hello Fluxwavez, you are now a member of the
Iwata Church

Since everyone is trying to be either a Xbox or Playstation fanboy, you are here to convert all those naysayers to the true and only belief:
the
Nintendo way

During the night phase you may talk with your partner redacted here.
He is your leader and can convert other players to join your cult.
Only vanilla townies can be recruited. If Iwata recruits anyone else or a night kill target, his command will fail. Your cult can't have more than four cultists including dead cultists and yourself.

Win condition:

You are aligned with the
Cult.

You win when a majority of the living players are cultists, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

Good Luck and have fun!

Day 3 ends
gre_1516640400.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 2083

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So maybe now some of you will believe me.

I'm afk right now, I was unexpectedly called out of state. I'm working on a longer post and I'll post it tonight.

SaucyKaz

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
As for their win condition or actions... perhaps the reason it took a day is because it can recruit over time.
Yup.
I've been very curious to see who would eat what Godfather has served up. Now that we have two people slipping their votes in under the monster post against me I think we have something to work with.
Yup.

developersdevelopersdevelopers.gif

Thanks for the scum bait, Godfather. Let's hope you aren't scum too as that would be pretty unfortunate.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Reposting the last flip for anyone on light theme.

Hello Fluxwavez, you are now a member of the
Iwata Church

Since everyone is trying to be either a Xbox or Playstation fanboy, you are here to convert all those naysayers to the true and only belief:
the Nintendo way

During the night phase you may talk with your partner redacted here.
He is your leader and can convert other players to join your cult.
Only vanilla townies can be recruited. If Iwata recruits anyone else or a night kill target, his command will fail. Your cult can't have more than four cultists including dead cultists and yourself.

Win condition:

You are aligned with the Cult.

You win when a majority of the living players are cultists, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

Good Luck and have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.