• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
I, nin and Aeleus gain town karma from early game lynches. Minor town karma is awarded to wee, Kalor, Mao and Zeke. This leaves Stan, feps and Vere.

I guess I could see Vere being the scum investigative role, it is not that radical of an idea. Unorthodox though, certainly. Do not shoot him though, that'd be a waste of a shot iirc.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
How, nin. This is D8. How can you not have better reads than "you all are suspicious".

I mean i feel good About Ketkat.
I, nin and Aeleus gain town karma from early game lynches. Minor town karma is awarded to wee, Kalor, Mao and Zeke. This leaves Stan, feps and Vere.

I guess I could see Vere being the scum investigative role, it is not that radical of an idea. Unorthodox though, certainly. Do not shoot him though, that'd be a waste of a shot iirc.

What about ket?

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017

That is the dumbest idea I've seen this morning given my recruit choices.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
I mean i feel good About Ketkat.

What about ket?

That was me talking to the gun, giving advice on who to target. I imagine Ket is not going to shoot herself here. Though to answer the question, Ket has her role and that shields her rather well from her general lack of town karma from votes.

That is the dumbest idea I've seen this morning given my recruit choices.

Let us assume that Ket shoots Stan / feps and whomever it is, they flip town. I am quite confident we'd still see the other as a lynch candidate, but who'd then fill the 2nd slot? In this scenario, we would then have to start entertaining new and even stupid ideas. nin? Zeke? wee? me? Or do we just put our faith in a four scum team?

Do tell though how your recruitment choices give you town karma, I haven't really put too much thought into that yet.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
That was me talking to the gun, giving advice on who to target. I imagine Ket is not going to shoot herself here. Though to answer the question, Ket has her role and that shields her rather well from her general lack of town karma from votes.

Let us assume that Ket shoots Stan / feps and whomever it is, they flip town. I am quite confident we'd still see the other as a lynch candidate, but who'd then fill the 2nd slot? In this scenario, we would then have to start entertaining new and even stupid ideas. nin? Zeke? wee? me? Or do we just put our faith in a four scum team?

Do tell though how your recruitment choices give you town karma, I haven't really put too much thought into that yet.
What I'm saying is that gossip being scum investigative is stupid, especially when I've never cared about member role claims, didn't recruit persons of interest, and actively reminded them that everyone I recruit can see what they write.
Well i think it is perfectly fine, what About you Vere, you avoided me all game.
Have you even done anything for me avoid?

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
No, i avoided you as much as you did but since we are getting Closer to then end it is time to talk to each other.
I mean, other than the override have you done anything of worth? This is a weird line of thought. If you wanted a conversation then you need to start a topic. If you want a start topic then you need to pull information from the thread. What you're doing now is just performance.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Maybe aeleus is scum and couldn't have kenny reading the room last night.
Scum me is probably the person who has the least to worry about this because I could hide behind my item if I got caught (e.g. it was a roleblock shot I used on Stan to try and block the kill (it isn't btw))

Aeleus Did you ever tell us what you received on Night 5 from the items?
Haven't revealed it because I'm still considering the pros and cons of claiming it.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
On Verelios:
A) Me and Him both learnt about Monkey's role on the same night she died

B) He and Zeke have claimed to have basically the same item (vere's item also provides an antidote). Vere is claiming in chat to have misread his item beforehand.

C) His role is certainly made to create conspiracy around the kingkitty arsonist role but his recruit choices go against such a theory.

D) Secret cult is an unlikely possibiliy, probably would have made an excuse for not revealing himself as a recruiter to the rest of the game. Monkey also flipped town which would mean killing vere would be the only way to find out about the cult.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Scum me is probably the person who has the least to worry about this because I could hide behind my item if I got caught (e.g. it was a roleblock shot I used on Stan to try and block the kill (it isn't btw))

Haven't revealed it because I'm still considering the pros and cons of claiming it.

What could possibly be the cons of revealing it at this point? If anything, not revealing will lead to worse suspicion than anything that the item itself might bring.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
On Verelios:

B) He and Zeke have claimed to have basically the same item (vere's item also provides an antidote). Vere is claiming in chat to have misread his item beforehand.

C) His role is certainly made to create conspiracy around the kingkitty arsonist role but his recruit choices go against such a theory.

D) Secret cult is an unlikely possibiliy, probably would have made an excuse for not revealing himself as a recruiter to the rest of the game. Monkey also flipped town which would mean killing vere would be the only way to find out about the cult.
A ) what does that mean?
B) from what he posted in the thread, didn't seem like the same item.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
What I'm saying is that gossip being scum investigative is stupid, especially when I've never cared about member role claims (1), didn't recruit persons of interest (2), and actively reminded them that everyone I recruit can see what they write (3).

I'll counter by saying that points 1 and 3 are expected of you regardless of your alignment. Gossips in general should be as open as possible and avoid unnecessary fishing. I need to think about 2 before I offer my opinion on it.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
So potential to see four flips today? Most likely 3. Im cool with fep's and stan flips. Will need to go reread some things when I get time.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I'll counter by saying that points 1 and 3 are expected of you regardless of your alignment. Gossips in general should be as open as possible and avoid unnecessary fishing. I need to think about 2 before I offer my opinion on it.
I'm saying that it would be ineffective as an investigative role with those points.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
I'm saying that it would be ineffective as an investigative role with those points.

Could also be that it does not matter that it has a low profit floor like that. Balance is balance after all, sometimes people toss in little boosts to one of the teams in hopes that it balances the game a bit. Scum gossip could give the meanies an advantage, or it could just stress the poor gossip out night after night.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Could also be that it does not matter that it has a low profit floor like that. Balance is balance after all, sometimes people toss in little boosts to one of the teams in hopes that it balances the game a bit. Scum gossip could give the meanies an advantage, or it could just stress the poor gossip out night after night.
Right. Ya'll believe what you want then.

Oct 26, 2017
okay, I'm here but not quite ready to party yet, computer is warming up. last time no one was there even though that's usually a good time for me to interact with people so i hope tonight will be better

Oct 26, 2017
[He/Him] nin - UTC+1
[He/Him] Maolfunction|Mao - UTC-8
[They/Them] Aeleus|A - UTC+0
[He/Him] B-Dubs|dubs - UTC-5 - [He/Him]
[He/Him] Verelios - UTC-5
[They/She] weemadarthur|wee - UTC-5
[He/Him] EzekelRAGE - UTC-6
[any] flatearthpandas|fep - UTC+9
[She/Her] Ketkat - UTC-5
[He/Him] Kalor - UTC+0
[He/Him] Stuart444|Stu - UTC+0 - [She/Her] lokiduck|loki - UTC-8 - [He/Him] Stantastic|Stan - UTC+13
[He/Him] Kyanrute - UTC+2

So these people are alive basically

wee, ket, verelios, maol, are basically town.

i am sad to admit, can't remember what aeleus does, so gotta check that but it's a pain in every medium for me.

nin, zeke, kalor, and kyan are proven but could go either way honestly

stan, aeleus, and me could be whatever, not proven

i'd say shoot me or aeleus, lynch the other two. put non-moving roles votes on stan in case he's telling the truth and has a good read. that would be zeke, ket, nin, kyan, wee

Think I didn't miss anyone. Would love a chance to prove I'm town of course but if i gotta go i gotta go

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
weemadarthur why the posturing at D7 end? You wanted a hammer but did not move your vote to the train?
Was that the latest day phase? If so, I would probably have hammered if enough people said to turbo. But then I went back to bed.
i see basically no use in letting scum mull about in the chat at night.
You mean the item I won in a raffle?
if I was scum i'd still have had to use it. It couldn't be re-targeted and there'd be questions.

Mind you if you think I was particularly useful at scum hunting during that, that's a different statement.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
I guess I'll item claim actually given it kind of relates to ketkats situation:

The handcuffs allowed me to link 2 players together during the night, any actions targeting player 1 would target player 2 as well and vice versa.

Last night I targeted Maol and Stan, hoping to predict the kill on Maol and take Stan with him either killing scum or getting rid of his random vigi shot. I almost went with Maol and Vere because I wanted to test Vere's BP as I doubt Fran put two BPs into the item list and Vere just doesn't seem to think it's a big deal.

Regardless Ynnek was killed and my shot was wasted. This also makes me trust Zeke's stop random mafia kill item claim as had my item landed in scum's hands they'd have been able to get a double kill.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
You mean the item I won in a raffle?
if I was scum i'd still have had to use it. It couldn't be re-targeted and there'd be questions.

Mind you if you think I was particularly useful at scum hunting during that, that's a different statement.
I think he's considering whether a scum-Aeleus' adrenaline would delay a day kill

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
You've been hyper aware of my SM for days Aeleus, and it makes me wonder why you're pressed if I'm not. Just ask Ket to shoot me if it puts you at ease.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
On Verelios:

Ok, but, zipped was pretty nearly a kingkitty clone except for the "knowing player was tagged" part, and so now that he flipped, the gossip chat looks much more....whatcha call it....pure? Unbad? I'll go get more caffeiene.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
You've been hyper aware of my SM for days Aeleus, and it makes me wonder why you're pressed if I'm not. Just ask Ket to shoot me if it puts you at ease.
A) You were sketchy about revealing it, I even had to request for information about it in gossip
B) I ask you mutliple times to use it on Fanto N5 and you don't
C) When I push you D6 about what your item was you still claim it as a "one shot protect and antidote"
D) When I ask you in the gossip chat why you didn't target Fanto like I asked you only then say it was a passive self target.
E) This is so far the only time two items (Zeke's Book and your stomach medicine) share the same use.

And...
F) I'm still not sure this is enough to make me scum read you and I'd definitely target Stan over you (as I did) I just really hate how no one else seems to think it matters!!!