• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
faWUfYO.jpg

An alarm suddenly blasted from some hidden speakers in a big room. Around a big table 27 people wake up and look around confused. The alarm stops and is replaced with a voice:

"Hi and welcome to the bunker!

My name is Fran and I have good news and bad news.

First the bad news. I'm afraid that while you were sleeping an alien invasion started. Several spaceships have appeared in some of the biggest capitals of the world and started attacking. Right now the world is in chaos and it's likely that it will be the end of the human race. I know that it's hard to believe but you need to trust me. I'm 100% honest. I would never lie to you.

Now the good news. I always knew that this was going to happen. I knew that it was only a matter of time before they came and I used my time to prepare. I made this bunker, I filled it with food and clean water, I put some generators for power and made sure that it can support life for a long time.

The next thing on my list was getting more people here. If we are going to repopulate the Earth after the aliens are done with it we should aim for a better civilization than the one we have today. So I made my research and selected only the best candidates to bring in here. People who are at the very top in several fields. Only the best of the best. Sadly, it seems that I made a mistake with the addresses or something because I couldn't find any of them ... but you were around so I just said "screw it, I'm not wasting more gas" and just abducted all of you.

Now, I want to assure you that you are safe here. Completely safe. Nothing with happen to any of you while you are here. There is no way that any alien could infiltrate this complex. It's 100% impossible. So just relax, make friends and just wait patiently while the rest of the world is burning.

Good night."

Game: Conspiracy Mafia 2
Gamerunners: Fran
Gamewatchers: Natiko Fireblend Pedro CaptainNuevo
Players: 26
Complexity: Bastard, Role Madness w/ map mechanic
Day/Night Phase: 48/24

!player_list
[He/Him] nin - UTC+1
[He/Him] Fanto - UTC-6
[She/Her] Sawneeks|Sneeks - UTC-8
[He/Him] Maolfunction|Mao - UTC-8
[They/Them] Aeleus|A - UTC+0
[She/Her] Dr. Monkey|monkey - UTC-5
[He/Him] B-Dubs|dubs - UTC-5
[He/Him] Verelios - UTC-5
[They/She] weemadarthur|wee - UTC-5
[He/Him] Funky Dude Sparks - UTC-6
[He/Him] EzekelRAGE - UTC-6
[He/Him] malus - UTC+1
[He/Him] Blargonaut - UTC+8
[He/Him] Faddy - UTC+0
[any] flatearthpandas|fep - UTC+9
[She/Her] Ketkat - UTC-5
[He/Him] TheChuggernaut|Chugg - UTC-6
[any] Sorian - UTC-6
[He/Him] Kalor - UTC+0
[She/Her] Pirate Bae - UTC-7
[He/Him] Stuart444|Stu - UTC+0
[He/Him] Kyanrute - UTC+2
[He/Him] Zippedpinhead - UTC-6
[He/Him] Terrabyte20xx - UTC-6
[He/Him] TheWorthyEdge - NEED
[She/Her] SweetNicole - NEED
!player_list

Replacement List:
1. [He/Him] Ynnek7|Ynnek - UTC-5 - Replaced B-Dubs
2. [She/Her] lokiduck|loki - UTC-8 - Replaced Stuart444
3. [He/Him] Vincent Alexander - UTC-6 - Replaced TheWorthyEdge
4. [He/Him] Stantastic|Stan - UTC+13 - Replaced lokiduck
5. [He/Him] Turmoil7 - UTC-3 - Replaced TheChuggernaut
6. [He/Him] TearablePunks - UTC-5 - Replaced SweetNicole

Vote tool:

https://vote.fireblend.com/165845/

Mentorship program:
For new and returning players who would like some assistance, we offer a mentorship program where a volunteer veteran player can assist you. If you are interested in having a mentor for this game, please contact your gamerunner. For more info, please check the main MafiERA OT.

Game will start in:

6aslwfkobs

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fran

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
What Is Mafia?

Mafia, also known as Werewolf, is a famous social deduction game that puts two teams against each other: Town and Mafia. Mafia players know who everyone in their team is, while Town players only know their own alignment. Cut into two 'Phases', Day and Night, the game entails Town trying to eliminate the Mafia via discussion and voting while the Mafia are trying to not get caught in order to match or outnumber the Town in order to win.

Interested in joining or learning more? Check out our MafiERA OT!

Fundamentals:

1. All site-wide rules apply here.
2. Do not use slurs or bigoted language.
3. Unless explicitly told otherwise, players may not discuss this game outside of this thread.
4. Unless explicitly told otherwise, players may not directly quote or post screenshots of any PMs, posts, conversations, or any other type of document that was not made in this thread.
5. Players are allowed to lie, within reason, about any game-related material such as the content of a role PM.
6. Please do not refer to, or discuss, player activity outside of this thread, for the sake of the game's integrity. This includes discussing circumstances around player replacement.
7. Please respect all of your fellow community members in terms of personhood and accessibility. In this community we require that you respect person's pronouns and be aware of accessibility when using non-default text (do not change text color unnecessarily and be mindful of small and large fonts' impact on readability).
8. Failure to adhere to a player's personal pronoun will result in a public warning. On the second offense that player will be removed from the game.

Game Behavior:

9. While mafia can be an intense and stressful game, with play becoming heated at times, please try to keep discussion as respectful and congenial as possible. Take a break if you feel heated. If someone is breaking a rule you are encouraged to alert your gamerunner and game watchers. Reports about in-game action and behavior will be handled by them, and the gamerunner will issue final rulings in the event of disagreements.
10. Being overly hostile towards your fellow players is not allowed. If the gamerunner and game watchers find a player has been overly aggressive, action will be taken. First a private warning via PM will be given. Failure to stop the behavior will then result in a public warning and the offender will be given a priority penalty. If these behaviors still continue then that player will be removed from the game.
11. Treat players, gamerunners, and game watchers with respect. Players who are bothered by behavior they perceive as uncomfortable or as targeted aggression should make their positions clear in game as everyone has a different threshold. If a player feels someone has crossed a line they should contact the gamerunner and game watchers, listed in the first post, about the issue.
12. Players should not perform moderator actions in game, including using highlight text outside of voting, or issuing day-end/start commands, or calling for the modkill or replacement of another player. While we understand mafia can be an intense experience, and players may wish to discuss in-game moderation decisions with the gamerunner, once a gamerunner makes a decision, please respect it as final.

Activity:

13. Players are required to post a minimum of 10 posts per day phase. Failure to adhere to this will result in both a public and a private warning. On the second offense that player will be removed from the game.
14. If a player posts fewer than 5 posts in a day phase without alerting the gamerunner to their absence, they will be removed from the game without a warning.
15. If you are unable to continue playing for whatever reason, please contact your gamerunner.
16. If a replacement is added to the game, they may request the current/upcoming night phase to be extended up-to 48 hours to allow time to catch up.

Voting and End-of-Day deaths (lynches):

17. In order to vote for another player to be lynched, you must present it on its own line and in the following format with no spaces: [ HIGHLIGHT ]VOTE: playername[/HIGHLIGHT ]. Any other format will not be accepted.
18. To remove a vote from a player, you may simply vote for another player, or you may present it on its own line and in the following format with no spaces: [ HIGHLIGHT]UNVOTE[ /HIGHLIGHT].
19. Players may vote for a "No Lynch" to end the day phase without a lynch. This is done by using the formatting above and typing: [ HIGHLIGHT]VOTE: No Lynch[ /HIGHLIGHT].
20. When a player has received a strict majority of available votes (>50%), the day phase ends with the lynch of that player. Once a day phase has ended any in-game discussion stops and votes cast after that will not be counted.

Death and the Spectator Thread:

21. Once you are dead, you may no longer discuss the game in any manner with any of the remaining players.
22. Once dead, players may have a choice between the spectator thread and the replacement list. PM your gamerunner for more information.

Other:

23. Do not edit your posts or hide content in the formatting. Repeat offenders will be removed from the game.
24. If a player is banned or they are replaced due to inactivity they will have the lowest possible priority when signing up for a spot in their next game.
25. Gamerunners reserve the right to add, remove, or modify existing any rules at any point, and enforcement may be applied retrospectively. However, all players will be informed of changes beforehand.

OP
OP
Fran

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Game Specific rules:

1. This game is bastard. The definition of bastard in Mafia can be found here.
  2. This game is role madness. That means that every player has a role. To avoid town exploiting the game with a mass claim scum has been given safe roles to claim if they need to.
  3. This is the map of the bunker:
    KuOAGoT.jpg

During the day phase you can use the command Move: <Place> in the thread to select one of the rooms and spend the night phase there. For example: Move: Library. You are allowed to move to six different rooms: Quarters, Library, Dining room, Kitchen, Bathroom and Rec room. If you don't give a command during the day phase you will spend the night phase in the Quarters by default.

The Move command can be changed during the day phase as many times that it's needed but the last command will be the only one that counts.

The Bathroom is a special room. Only 2 players are allowed to spend the night in it (it's a small bathroom). If more than 2 players selected the Bathroom when the day ends only the first 2 will spend the night there and any other players will be randomized to another room. Players spending the night in the Bathroom wil be untargeteable during the night phase but will be unable to perform any action during the same night phase and the next day phase (except voting).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fran

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Player list:

Alive:

[He/Him] nin - UTC+1
[He/Him] Maolfunction|Mao - UTC-8
[They/Them] Aeleus|A - UTC+0
[He/Him] Verelios - UTC-5
[They/She] weemadarthur|wee - UTC-5
[He/Him] EzekelRAGE - UTC-6
[She/Her] Ketkat - UTC-5
[He/Him] Kalor - UTC+0
[He/Him] Stuart444|Stu - UTC+0 - [She/Her] lokiduck|loki - UTC-8 - [He/Him] Stantastic|Stan - UTC+13
[He/Him] Kyanrute - UTC+2

Dead:

[She/Her] Sawneeks|Sneeks - UTC-8
[any] Sorian - UTC-6
[He/Him] Terrabyte20xx - UTC-6
[She/Her] Pirate Bae - UTC-7
[She/Her] Dr. Monkey|monkey - UTC-5
[He/Him] TheWorthyEdge - NEED - [He/Him] Vincent Alexander - UTC-6
[He/Him] Zippedpinhead - UTC-6
[He/Him] Faddy - UTC+0
[He/Him] Fanto - UTC-6
[He/Him] Blargonaut - UTC+8
[He/Him] Funky Dude Sparks - UTC-6
[He/Him] malus - UTC+1
[She/Her] SweetNicole - NEED - [He/Him] TerablePuns - UTC-5
[He/Him] B-Dubs|dubs - UTC-5 - [He/Him] Ynnek7|Ynnek - UTC-5
[any] flatearthpandas|fep - UTC+9
[He/Him] TheChuggernaut|Chugg - UTC-6 - [He/Him]Turmoil7 - UTC-3

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Also is my Chugg/Chug going to confuse the vote tool? I just couldn't remember if people used the double G or single G when shorting my name so I just put both

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
Heya, all! Don't mind me, I'll just be waiting around in this broom closet until I'm needed. :-)

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
This map mechanic is really interesting and I can't wait to see how the game unfolds especially since I haven't had a chance to read the first one. XD

I look forward to possibly subbing in since I'm second in line. XD

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Also is my Chugg/Chug going to confuse the vote tool? I just couldn't remember if people used the double G or single G when shorting my name so I just put both
You can all vote me with just the letter a so no worries about misspelling my name.

This map mechanic is really interesting and I can't wait to see how the game unfolds especially since I haven't had a chance to read the first one. XD

I look forward to possibly subbing in since I'm second in line. XD
Not to be a downer but I don't think the map did anything in the first one

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
First things first, you are all playing with a new version of Fanto now! He is no longer named Fantomas, the -mas has been dropped, he is just Fanto now. And even more than that, this is Fanto 2020. I made it through 2019 and have evolved! I am more experienced, I have grown wiser, and I am ready to unleash my true potential upon this game!

Now, let's take a look at this map!
KuOAGoT.jpg

During the day phase you can use the command Move: <Place> in the thread to select one of the rooms and spend the night phase there. For example: Move: Library. You are allowed to move to six different rooms: Quarters, Library, Dining room, Kitche, Bathroom and Rec room. If you don't give a command during the day phase you will spend the night phase in the Quarters by default.

The Move command can be changed during the day phase as many times that it's needed but the last command will be the only one that counts.

The Bathroom is a special room. Only 2 players are allowed to spend the night in it (it's a small bathroom). If more than 2 players selected the Bathroom when the day ends only the first 2 will spend the night there and any other players will be randomized to another room. Players spending the night in the Bathroom wil be untargeteable during the night phase but will be unable to perform any action during the same night phase and the next day phase (except voting).
So, same Map from the first game, and it works mostly as it did there too, however there is one key difference!

The Bathroom was the Scum Chat in Conspiracy 1. Apparently now the first two people to move into the Bathroom will be untargetable and also unable to use their role? We'll see about that, it's a Bastard game and Fran is going to lie to us, probably a lot based on the first game. The map did absolutely nothing in that game and was just there to confuse us.

Another thing to note is that this time there is no rule about "Dead players won't go to Spec Chat" so I don't know if we'll see any of the "Sorian faked his death and then came back to life with a red check" nonsense in this game, but we'll see I suppose.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
WAIT! It's actually not the same map from the first game, weren't there more beds in that one?

Let me go check to be sure.

OP
OP
Fran

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
The Bathroom was the Scum Chat in Conspiracy 1. Apparently now the first two people to move into the Bathroom will be untargetable and also unable to use their role? We'll see about that, it's a Bastard game and Fran is going to lie to us, probably a lot based on the first game. The map did absolutely nothing in that game and was just there to confuse us.

Another thing to note is that this time there is no rule about "Dead players won't go to Spec Chat" so I don't know if we'll see any of the "Sorian faked his death and then came back to life with a red check" nonsense in this game, but we'll see I suppose.

This is borderline game talk. Please wait until game starts to have this kind of discussion.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
FYI I will be very limited for the next 48 hours. I dunno when we are starting, so just putting that out there.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
First things first, you are all playing with a new version of Fanto now! He is no longer named Fantomas, the -mas has been dropped, he is just Fanto now. And even more than that, this is Fanto 2020. I made it through 2019 and have evolved! I am more experienced, I have grown wiser, and I am ready to unleash my true potential upon this game!

That's my shtik.

Nin 6.0 confirmed