• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"Kalor push"

lol, 3 votes against 8 and 6 vote wagons with one of those 3 being someone who has already stated they're gonna jump to Pirate Bae.

Go ahead and keep working that line of logic against me tho, Vere.

We all know you live that deep mafia life, there's more than two hours left and you would have brought the count to 4. You are well aware of how momentum works on wagons, don't give me that.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like voting for an up and coming low odds wagon is more proactive than just trying to save his own skin from the get go.

----

Also +1 on Monkey's question to Maol because lol
There must be a severe difference in our definitions of proactive. Following you and Chuggs onto Kalor without thought isn't proactive, arguing for Kalor would be, but he didn't.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
We all know you live that deep mafia life, there's more than two hours left and you would have brought the count to 4. You are well aware of how momentum works on wagons, don't give me that.
Don't give me shit, Sorian. I watched what happened yesterday with the Zeke push too. I would like to actually be on a wagon that gets a flip this time around so people can quit wondering if I'm jumping off them to protect myself.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Don't give me shit, Sorian. I watched what happened yesterday with the Zeke push too. I would like to actually be on a wagon that gets a flip this time around so people can quit wondering if I'm jumping off them to protect myself.

Who cares what other people think. It's your vote.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I was thinking some thoughts already but I'm not sure how far to take 'em.
"Kalor push"

lol, 3 votes against 8 and 6 vote wagons with one of those 3 being someone who has already stated they're gonna jump to Pirate Bae.

Go ahead and keep working that line of logic against me tho, Vere.
Votes can absolutely start avalanching from nowhere at the end of the day. I know this, you know this, let's not be cute. As for Terra's vote, if you think he wouldn't stay cmgo anywhere for self-preservation then lol. Kalor had 3 votes right then, 4 with you, and you put him above both leading wagons as scum.

Looking at the number of people who haven't voted, why wouldn't you be interested in arguing for it?

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Kyaaa is sufficiently confused at this point. Sorian's Kalor push feels like a hollow move that lacks his usual veneer of towniness. Terra's defense is meh.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Votes can absolutely start avalanching from nowhere at the end of the day. I know this, you know this, let's not be cute. As for Terra's vote, if you think he wouldn't stay cmgo anywhere for self-preservation then lol. Kalor had 3 votes right then, 4 with you, and you put him above both leading wagons as scum.

Looking at the number of people who haven't voted, why wouldn't you be interested in arguing for it?
Alright, why aren't you voting Kalor then, Vere? You planning on leaving your Terra vote today?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There must be a severe difference in our definitions of proactive. Following you and Chuggs onto Kalor without thought isn't proactive, arguing for Kalor would be, but he didn't.

I just said more proactive, it's not great play, just better play.

Are you a neutral lyncher? I'm asking for a friend.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Feeling really tired but I'm here now, though might play some Ori soon. Neither Bae nor Terra have really done anything to make me not want to lunch em (ok to be honest I actually got Towny vibes from Terra before people called him out on ignoring his scum read of Sorian), so my vote ain't changing.

More importantly not a single person mentioned the Oscar Winning song 'Man Or Muppet' thus you must all be scum.

Fuck it, fine. Let's see where this goes.

Vote: Kalor
Immediate reaction to this post was it felt performative.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Yeah, no shit. He wants to see if people jump on it to save either of the leading wagons.

I don't see it as that kind of a surface read. It comes after the FADDYFADDYFADDY and his refusal to go beyond it. It is shallow, like the rest. It lack the punch, the meaning, the benefit for town.

He does not feel confused or lost yet he does not move with confidence. It is odd.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
So do you think terra is scum or do you just not want to be looked at closer due to your vote?

Your reasoning for moving your vote doesn't make sense as a town player. Feels like you just want to coast.
Terra has been on my scum lean list all day. I suppose you'd need to read my posts to get that though, but you can't stop gunning for me.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
So cutting through the bullshit what I'm seeing is there are so many people who wanna play with votes for reasons/info and I don't see them getting any info so why not vote for your goddamned scum reads?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see it as that kind of a surface read. It comes after the FADDYFADDYFADDY and his refusal to go beyond it. It is shallow, like the rest. It lack the punch, the meaning, the benefit for town.

He does not feel confused or lost yet he does not move with confidence. It is odd.

It's almost like day end is coming up soon and I can't drag you all by the ear yet for what I actually want.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Who cares what people think in a mafia game. The fuck kind of statement is this.

Theres less reason to care about general perception when you're town. Nothing weird about that. It shouldn't be affecting votes and stop them from being thrown around as that kind of attitude benefits scum more than anyone, even if the player is town.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
You don't need to game the wagons. You're not gonna control what happens in two hours. We all know that. So vote a scumread or start a new wagon or whatever but don't sit here and act like y'all are puppet masters who are gonna control things and make people shift right now, especially if you're out there saying "I wanna see if anyone moves in response to me." jfc

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
itt, post leaders mad that people are following them on wagons they've been talking about all day, shocked when other people agree with their reads.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Terra has been on my scum lean list all day. I suppose you'd need to read my posts to get that though, but you can't stop gunning for me.
I do read your posts, that's how I know I've been most your content. You hardly mentioned terra b4 he picked up steam in votes.

When asked about your two scum leads you teply
Kalor and Pirate Bae, based mostly on votes, Saw's flip, and general behavior.

I also heavily think Zeke is a neutral at this point, but not sure if he's worth lunching at this point of the game.

this is like your only post putting terra in the scum list from this phase. This is AFTER terra has 6 votes on him.
Morning all, today is gonna be a but busy for me it looks like, but I'll try to be around to talk with people who want me to answer questions. My scum reads are still Kalor, Pirate Bae and Terra in that order, so I'm perfectly fine with flipping either of the two wagon leaders today.

Im caught up with the thread, but it doesn't seem like there's too much for me to comment on. There's a lot of talk about Faddy, which is just clogging up the thread at this point. Until town decides to actually push for a Faddy lunch, there's not much point in talking about the pro/cons of him activating his supposed ability. If town wants to force him to do something, we should put votes on him. I agree with Monkey that I can see the benefits of forcing him to activate over letting him continue to post, especially when I also think he hasn't been posting anything particularly helpful for town this game that people wouldn't already figure out.

Also, I'll go ahead and Move: Dining Room to satisfy wee.

And I'm also gonna town read Loki, but I was already town reading that slot when Stu was there. Other town reads are Monkey, Fanto, TWE, and I'll put Aeleus there too for now. That one may be subject to change the deeper into the game we get.

And finally for right now Vote: Pirate Bae to tie the wagons up and see where votes shift.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Just getting caught up again.

One thing that sticks out to me here re: Mao is his Scum reads from just earlier (thank you Zeke for having just quoted the post so I don't need to go dig it out).
My scum reads are still Kalor, Pirate Bae and Terra in that order
So, we have Mao saying he wants Kalor the most, but is fine with Pirate Bae and Terra as well. Fair enough.

HOWEVER

This reminds me of what I was just talking with Kyan about, where I said if I was Scum I would hedge my bets and say I was fine with a Scummate's vote, but then not ever actually vote there.

Here we have Mao listing Kalor as his Top Scum Read, but then when presented the opportunity for a new wagon there towards EoD, decides to vote elsewhere.

I would say that lines up with a possible Mao/Kalor partnership.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
itt, post leaders mad that people are following them on wagons they've been talking about all day, shocked when other people agree with their reads.

Yeah I don't get it either.

Monkey in particular complains all day about me not being townie for pushing reads. Then gets all worked up when I do.

And if people can't understand why you would take the chance to vote Zeke then they aren't seeing things from your perspective. It could be a scum move but it was a reasonable one imo. that is how I feel about Terra's read switch. He re-evaluated in light of new facts which isn't scummy on its own but did he do that to try and get some heat off himself.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Oh before I forget as someone who town reads Faddy: There's no way I'm letting you go to LYLO before using your power, way too risky. D4 sounds about right to me.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
No, people have been suspicious of me for ignoring Saw. But do go show me where people are scumreading for not giving enough content even though I've had several posts today with my reads.
You are obviously the one not reading. More than one person has said they want to see your thoughts on things other than me/auctions.

*truffleshuffle*

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
I do read your posts, that's how I know I've been most your content. You hardly mentioned terra b4 he picked up steam in votes.

When asked about your two scum leads you teply

this is like your only post putting terra in the scum list from this phase. This is AFTER terra has 6 votes on him.
Do I need to ISO Terra too when other people have already done that and pointed out how scummy he looks. Do I need to just echo points already made here to satisfy your requirements?

I've not liked Terra since D1, I was on his wagon until steam picked up on yours. Doing pointless busy work reiterating the points already made against Terra yesterday when I wasn't here doesn't shift my alignment tell one way or the other, quit acting like it does.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Just getting caught up again.

One thing that sticks out to me here re: Mao is his Scum reads from just earlier (thank you Zeke for having just quoted the post so I don't need to go dig it out).

So, we have Mao saying he wants Kalor the most, but is fine with Pirate Bae and Terra as well. Fair enough.

HOWEVER

This reminds me of what I was just talking with Kyan about, where I said if I was Scum I would hedge my bets and say I was fine with a Scummate's vote, but then not ever actually vote there.

Here we have Mao listing Kalor as his Top Scum Read, but then when presented the opportunity for a new wagon there towards EoD, decides to vote elsewhere.

I would say that lines up with a possible Mao/Kalor partnership.
Fanto, I was the second vote on Kalor today after Monkey. If the Kalor wagon, which is currently a goddamned non existent wagon because both Terra and Sorian give less than two fucks about it, had an iota of a chance of actually happening rather then my vote being wasted there like the Zeke vote yesterday, I'd still have my vote there.

I cannot believe this stupid argument going on against me because I'm not jumping to a dead wagon.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Do I need to ISO Terra too when other people have already done that and pointed out how scummy he looks. Do I need to just echo points already made here to satisfy your requirements?

I've not liked Terra since D1, I was on his wagon until steam picked up on yours. Doing pointless busy work reiterating the points already made against Terra yesterday when I wasn't here doesn't shift my alignment tell one way or the other, quit acting like it does.
So every thought and read you could have about the game has been echoed?

That's your reasoning for not commenting on anything else?

That's weak and you know it.

You being worried about being in wagons is weak and you know it.
*truffleshuffle*

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fanto, I was the second vote on Kalor today after Monkey. If the Kalor wagon, which is currently a goddamned non existent wagon because both Terra and Sorian give less than two fucks about it, had an iota of a chance of actually happening rather then my vote being wasted there like the Zeke vote yesterday, I'd still have my vote there.

I cannot believe this stupid argument going on against me because I'm not jumping to a dead wagon.

There's a close to 0% chance I leave this wagon today and I'd much rather it go through than the other two so go talk bullshit elsewhere,

Terrabyte20xx

Oct 25, 2017
So I have a question for everyone who are not currently voting men or PirateBae:

If it came to a pure thunderdome, who do you want gone?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017

Just something I noticed, so I wanted to mention it. I think the wagon had plenty of potential still at that moment, not many people are going to bat for Kalor here.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
So every thought and read you could have about the game has been echoed?

That's your reasoning for not commenting on anything else?

That's weak and you know it.

You being worried about being in wagons is weak and you know it.
*truffleshuffle*
If anything had been discussed today that wasn't fucking circular as all hell, maybe there would have been something worth my having an original thought on.

But people were perfectly content to drop all other interesting subjects and actively discourage them so they could all continue to to go on about Faddy, Pirate Bae or Terra.

Kalor wasn't even a factor at all until I mentioned that I was disappointed in how his wagon went. And now everyone is going on about how weird it is that I don't fall for Sorian's stupidly obvious bait by jumping back on it.

OP
OP
Fran

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

Terrabyte20xx (8 votes)
Faddy - #1,925 #2,395
Dr. Monkey - #2,216 #2,514
lokiduck - #2,231
Fanto - #2,232
Blargonaut - #2,301 #2,471
SweetNicole - #2,358
TheChuggernaut - #2,368 #2,554
EzekelRAGE - #2,405
Ynnek7 - #2,509
Faddy - #2,531
Verelios - #2,588
Maolfunction - #2,589

Pirate Bae (6 votes)
Aeleus - #1,468
Kalor - #1,529
Funky Dude Sparks - #1,533
EzekelRAGE - #1,813 #2,048
nin - #1,835
weemadarthur - #2,066
Maolfunction - #2,482 #2,589
Blargonaut - #2,564 #2,569
Blargonaut - #2,575

Kalor (3 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #1,380 #2,216
Maolfunction - #1,513 #2,482
Fanto - #1,801 #2,232
TheChuggernaut - #1,975 #2,368
Blargonaut - #2,176 #2,301
Sorian - #2,535
TheChuggernaut - #2,554
Terrabyte20xx - #2,558
Blargonaut - #2,563 #2,564
Blargonaut - #2,569 #2,575

TheWorthyEdge (2 votes)
flatearthpandas - #2,324
Zippedpinhead - #2,516

TheChuggernaut (1 votes)
Fanto - #1,715 #1,801
malus - #2,322

Funky Dude Sparks (1 votes)
Pirate Bae - #1,535

Sorian (0 votes)
Fanto - #1,370 #1,715
Faddy - #2,395 #2,531

SweetNicole (0 votes)
EzekelRAGE - #2,048 #2,267

Maolfunction (0 votes)
EzekelRAGE - #2,286 #2,405

Faddy (0 votes)
Sorian - #1,378 #2,535
Blargonaut - #1,846 #2,176

weemadarthur (0 votes)
Blargonaut - #1,680 #1,846

malus (0 votes)
Ynnek7 - #1,821 #2,509

Not voting: TheWorthyEdge, Ketkat, Dr. Monkey, Kyanrute

Post Counts:
EzekelRAGE: 157 Fanto: 141 Dr. Monkey: 125 Blargonaut: 124 weemadarthur: 87 Faddy: 67 Sorian: 65 TheChuggernaut: 48 Pirate Bae: 48 lokiduck: 41 Kyanrute: 41 Maolfunction: 39 flatearthpandas: 36 Verelios: 35 Kalor: 30 Aeleus: 29 nin: 29 Funky Dude Sparks: 24 Terrabyte20xx: 23 SweetNicole: 19 Ketkat: 16 malus: 14 Ynnek7: 14 Zippedpinhead: 13 TheWorthyEdge: 5

Current Countdown:
gnqpl27t6g

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

==== DAY 2 MOVEMENT ====

Day Start

rec room (Active votes: 7)
ezekelrage - #1,703 #2,061
weemadarthur - #1,707 #1,713
dr. monkey - #1,716
fanto - #1,790
kalor - #2,049
aeleus - #2,098
ezekelrage - #2,267 #2,294
zippedpinhead - #2,293
verelios - #2,463
blargonaut - #2,570 #2,572
blargonaut - #2,573

library (Active votes: 5)
ynnek7 - #1,797
kyanrute - #1,857 #2,063
flatearthpandas - #1,865
sorian - #2,056
kyanrute - #2,344
faddy - #2,460

quarters (Active votes: 4)
funky dude sparks - #1,712
lokiduck - #1,771 #2,282
ketkat - #1,789
kyanrute - #2,063 #2,344
thechuggernaut - #2,455
pirate bae - #2,477

kitchen (Active votes: 3)
ezekelrage - #2,061 #2,267
lokiduck - #2,282 #2,282
malus - #2,321
sweetnicole - #2,365
terrabyte20xx - #2,571
blargonaut - #2,572 #2,573

dining room (Active votes: 3)
lokiduck - #2,282
ezekelrage - #2,294
maolfunction - #2,482

bathroom (Active votes: 1)
blargonaut - #1,548 #2,570
weemadarthur - #1,621 #1,707
weemadarthur - #1,713

rex room (Active votes: 0)
zippedpinhead - #2,292 #2,293

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't get it either.
Okay... however, not one, but two people just explained it, back to back. Let me be the third.

Mao is not voting his top scumread and is instead trying to game the wagons while talking about gaming the wagons. When you say "I wanna see who tries to save here" it's not super surprising when nothing moves, you know?

Here, I'll even help:

vote: Kalor