• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I guess we get Sorian receipts on day 3.

Poltergust is an info lynch for sure but I don't think Mafia would intentionally leave themselves that exposed with the kill perhaps they overlooked the room aspect. I think killing Zipped is so calculated that they must have considered it. I think Polter was pretty towny yesterday in his back and forth with Verelios.

I'll take Sorian's melon and Blarg reads. I think Sorian is town, Blarg is town and I'm null on melon. If really pushed on melon, maybe town for the vote yesterday. It came across as someone who wasn't sure but knew she eventually had to make a choice. I haven't really dug into EoD just yet so that is just my perception at the time.

I'll add Fantomas to the not lynching category as well.

So safe for today
Terraforce
Blargonaut
melonrabbit
Fantomas
Poltergust

I'm still town, I think Fireblend is town.

That cuts the game down quite significantly and should help us find Mafia if we concentrate outside of the above players.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I guess we get Sorian receipts on day 3.

Poltergust is an info lynch for sure but I don't think Mafia would intentionally leave themselves that exposed with the kill perhaps they overlooked the room aspect. I think killing Zipped is so calculated that they must have considered it. I think Polter was pretty towny yesterday in his back and forth with Verelios.

I'll take Sorian's melon and Blarg reads. I think Sorian is town, Blarg is town and I'm null on melon. If really pushed on melon, maybe town for the vote yesterday. It came across as someone who wasn't sure but knew she eventually had to make a choice. I haven't really dug into EoD just yet so that is just my perception at the time.

I'll add Fantomas to the not lynching category as well.

So safe for today
Terraforce
Blargonaut
melonrabbit
Fantomas
Poltergust

I'm still town, I think Fireblend is town.

That cuts the game down quite significantly and should help us find Mafia if we concentrate outside of the above players.
I love this post.

Here's your list with those players (and dead ones) removed:

1 [m] malus
3 [m] Verelios
4 [m] Geno
6 [m] Comrade Sparkster
10 [m] StanleyPalmtree
11 [m] TheChuggernaut
14 [m] Kalor
16 [m] *Splinter
19 [m] Lone_Prodigy
20 [m] Nin
21 [f] Ketkat
For today, so far I honestly would want to vote Comrade Sparkster here.

Other people I feel iffy about on that list: Geno, Chugg, Splinter, LP just on gut feels.

And on the chance you've included Mafia in your Town list: I'd feel iffy about Terra and Blarg, but that really depends on future flips and what kind of info we can get. Wouldn't want to go there with a lynch until later.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Vote: Comrade Sparkster

Dude hardly engaged with the game on D1, and now on D2 the most he seems capable of is grabbing other people's reads and running with them until he runs in to another one that he can exchange it for instead. This culminated with him 100% buying into Blarg's theory and dropping a vote on Polter.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
I made this mistake once with Comrade in Marvel Mafia, ain't happening again, the man is a shitpost fluff machine.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
It's mostly meta stuff like from yesterday. Something just feels off about your posts. I will admit that I only got to play 2 days with you in GoT, one of which was shortened because you got turboed, so I don't have as strong of a meta read on you as others. But still, something feels off to me.

And speaking of wanting someone to elaborate on a read:

Elaborate. Why is this Town-Melon?
That's it? "Off", and you can't help but mention me in every post? Based on meta from a game where I was playing under a fake red check?

The more you mention me the more this feels faked. I think you're keeping my name in the spotlight with nothing to back it up.

As for melon, it's based on how she reacted to the pressure on her. She had 0 fucks to give about people bleating about activity, I think scum melon tries a little harder to appease people.

That said her response to me was odd. I don't know where the accusation of hedging comes from and I don't think she's responded since.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
That's it? "Off", and you can't help but mention me in every post? Based on meta from a game where I was playing under a fake red check?

The more you mention me the more this feels faked. I think you're keeping my name in the spotlight with nothing to back it up.

As for melon, it's based on how she reacted to the pressure on her. She had 0 fucks to give about people bleating about activity, I think scum melon tries a little harder to appease people.

That said her response to me was odd. I don't know where the accusation of hedging comes from and I don't think she's responded since.
Not fake, just hard for me to explain I guess. I would have to go back and look to find some specific posts.

Interesting point about Melon.

As for your focus on Terra, you haven't mentioned him really since you said you wanted to go back to your tunnel on him. What is your full scum read on him here? Do you just not believe the Cop claim?

And then you seem to have had some interactions with Geno here today too. Thoughts on him? Terra seems to maintain his Town read on him from yesterday, do you have thoughts on that pairing?

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I agree with what faddy said about Sorian and Blarg, not sure about Melon but time will tell

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
What do you think about the B-Dubs lynch and the EoD votes in general on D1?

it was not cool that he was lynched.
Going after those who lynched him is a dead end i think. Its seems more of town being stupid.
What do you think about Comrade Sparkster's behavior?
in my eyes he acts normal, no scum reads in my list.
What about Blarg's proposition?
It makes sense, even though i think that polter is town

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Of course you love it because it puts you on a town list.

dont make me sick
Well, if you must know, the reason I love it is because Faddy is trying to rule people out. I know he thinks town-reads are just as, if not more, important than scum reads, so seeing him try to work out a list of people he doesn't think should be lynched is something I loved about that post. It also lined up with my general feels about the thread, and pretty much everyone I'm suspect of falls outside of the people he mentioned.
it was not cool that he was lynched.
Going after those who lynched him is a dead end i think. Its seems more of town being stupid.

in my eyes he acts normal, no scum reads in my list.

It makes sense, even though i think that polter is town
So you think Scum were probably hiding out on other lynches on D1?

I understand that Sparkster is an odd one, but I still feel off about the way he's playing. There is a lot of fluff there, but it seems like he can't make reads without going for someone else's first.

Agreed there. I can see where Blarg is coming from, but Polter feels very Town to me, and I highly doubt that the rooms play a part in it just because that would be such a bold move with Polter being the only one in the room with Zipped.

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere
How is that hedging? It's a pretty straightforward town read?

D1 was a little weak for you. You've been stronger today. Also, I call it hedging because you didn't actually explain your new found feelings until Fantomas asked. It's a phrase--"melon is probably town"--you often use before flip-flopping around on that stance. Not that suggestions alignment in of itself but it is something you commonly do without supporting the read.

That all said, I did like your explanation that clarified your point. Even if we ventured into shade territory for a second there.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone find it interesting that Ketkat and malus have posted basically once and it was about Blargs wild suggestion? All these other discussions and they pick the lowest hanging fruit that implicates no one.

I expected more talk about the votes last day, even if it was D1. The fact it resolved late could be interesting if scum was on one of the wagons.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Well, if you must know, the reason I love it is because Faddy is trying to rule people out. I know he thinks town-reads are just as, if not more, important than scum reads, so seeing him try to work out a list of people he doesn't think should be lynched is something I loved about that post. It also lined up with my general feels about the thread, and pretty much everyone I'm suspect of falls outside of the people he mentioned.
fair enough, how about you and me do it and lets compare ?

So you think Scum were probably hiding out on other lynches on D1?
My gut tells me yes for today

I understand that Sparkster is an odd one, but I still feel off about the way he's playing. There is a lot of fluff there, but it seems like he can't make reads without going for someone else's first.
I mean that could be said about blarg and me when i just want to have fun.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Melon and *Splinter.
They act like they usually do.
Both probably town who suspect the other one to be scum.
Get a new script you two

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
fair enough, how about you and me do it and lets compare ?
Ok. I suppose my "would not lynch today" list would look like this so far:

Faddy - Feels too town to lynch this early.
Terraforce - Cop claim, want to see some info first. Feel the suspicion, also like some of his defenses though.
Poltergust - Feels very towny, has had good interactions with others. Don't buy that he was Scum and alone in the room with Zipped when he died, too obvious of a move.
Blargonaut - Seems too different from GoT, hard to tell if this is Town-Blarg or new version of Scum-Blarg, would like to leave him alone for now.
Verelios - General town vibes, didn't think he and Polter were W/W yesterday, and he's had some more townish interactions with people today in my eyes.

I could then sheep Faddy's read on Fireblend as well I guess. I haven't seen anything from him that made me really suspicious so far, so I don't see a world where I end up wanting to lynch him today.

So, I guess I would say that I do not want to lynch these people today:

Faddy/Terraforce/Poltergust/Blargonaut/Verelios/Fireblend

I am fully aware that there could easily be one or more Mafia members in that list, but I wouldn't want to lynch within that group today.

So yeah, like I said, I'm seeing the thread in a pretty similar way to Faddy. I don't know if I move Melon off the table yet personally, but people seem to be feeling good thoughts about her in general, so I doubt I'd vote there today unless some shit went down.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone find it interesting that Ketkat and malus have posted basically once and it was about Blargs wild suggestion? All these other discussions and they pick the lowest hanging fruit that implicates no one.

I expected more talk about the votes last day, even if it was D1. The fact it resolved late could be interesting if scum was on one of the wagons.
I haven't had much time to comment yet, but I'm now heading home and will be sharing my thoughts in a short while.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
For now I think the last minute votes on D1 were probably just town panicking after the Terra claim.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
At that time the mostly town read Faddy, Fantomas and Sorian were on B-Dubs, so I guess that's why everyone went there instead of Geno. So I would rather look at the votes on Geno.

OP
OP
Fran

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

comrade sparkster (2 votes)
terraforce - #993
fantomas - #1002

poltergust (2 votes)
comrade sparkster - #938
blargonaut - #939

melonrabbit (1 votes)
kalor - #773

blargonaut (0 votes)
fantomas - #887 #963

Post Counts:
comrade sparkster: 30 terraforce: 27 verelios: 23 fantomas: 22 sorian: 20 *splinter: 18 faddy: 18 blargonaut: 16 thechuggernaut: 15 melonrabbit: 12 poltergust: 12 nin: 11 kalor: 6 geno: 6 fran: 5 stanleypalmtree: 5 malus: 4 fireblend: 3 ketkat: 2 lone_prodigy: 1

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Day ends in:

24a7iwcb0e

Majority is 10

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
"Simple, fifty-fifty odds that Poltergust is evil. There are no better leads."

I walk over to where Sorian disappeared and inhale deeply.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
At that time the mostly town read Faddy, Fantomas and Sorian were on B-Dubs, so I guess that's why everyone went there instead of Geno. So I would rather look at the votes on Geno.

I've looked at the vote and they are basically all the same thing about Geno's demeanor. The problem is I don't think Geno actually expressed any reads day 1.

All his posts are 1 line and not ever expressing an opinion. He has less energy and excitement in his play than usual. In some ways it feels like he is playing a role rather than being himself.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
"Poltergust was free to kill without interference or witnesses. If physics do bind this enemy, then killing zipped would by far be their most guaranteed target. Don't forget, we're all capable of extraordinary things. It was the path of least resistance, and the most doubt."

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I've looked at the vote and they are basically all the same thing about Geno's demeanor. The problem is I don't think Geno actually expressed any reads day 1.

All his posts are 1 line and not ever expressing an opinion. He has less energy and excitement in his play than usual. In some ways it feels like he is playing a role rather than being himself.
How do you feel about the people who stayed on Terra then? (Besides the now deceased Sorian, all 4 are outside of both of our not-today lists too)

Malus - Said he didn't like Terra's vote on Kalor, was before the claim came in, didn't come back after claim.

Splinter - Was looking at Terra for a lot of D1, put his vote down before the claim, didn't come back after claim.

Comrade - No reason given, was before claim, didn't come back after claim. Made it a 3-way tie between Geno/Terra/B-Dubs at the time.

Stan - No reason given, was 2 minutes before the claim, didn't come back after claim.

Sorian (now dead) - Explained as being because of the Cop claim, and himself being some sort of Cop.

I might have missed it if Comrade and Stan ever gave their reasons for voting for Terra yesterday, so I'll look for those, but otherwise I'd like to hear them. Considering the Geno voters at least gave their reasons, it is kind of interesting to look back and see not much there for the people who stayed on Terra.

But then also of note, none of them posted again after his claim came in. Could be some of them missed it, could be some of them didn't want to react because they already knew him and B-Dubs were both Town, could be we have a scummate of Terra's in there even if he ever flips Mafia.

Also, I'm still feeling pretty good about my vote on Comrade when looking at this, so I'll keep it there for now still.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Vote: Comrade Sparkster

Safe first vote of the day. Some stray thoughts:

• I sure am glad sorian is gone because honestly I thought his play was odd even today and I was having strong suspicions.
  • I really like Fantomas post on chug. I could be swayed on going for that lynch.
  • I don't agree with lynching Poltergust today, but the rest of Blarg's post was solid. I like the idea of us agreeing to end the day at certain locations, although my implementation of it wouldn't be evenly distributing us but actually having uneven groups.
  • I think I believe Terra for now, but his voting for Bdubs yesterday was awkward even if it was it out self preservation. That entire push was bad, imo.
  • Comrade has been running interference even more strongly than usual I think. That runs me the wrong way.
  • Still don't feel super good about splinter, I didn't think he had a good presence on D1, but I feel like he might be going somewhere today, so wait and see.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Blargonaut

Please answer my questions instead of skirting around them. I know how hard it is to get a straight answer out of you, but your argument against me is severely flawed.

Seriously, if you're town you're playing right into scums' hands by falling for something like this. Then when I get lynched and revealed as town everyone will focus on you for bringing all this up and further derail discussion. The map mechanic (which has yet to be revealed to be relevant to us in any way) by itself should not give town two mislynches.

The best course of action is to find any scum and see how their kills relate to the map, if at all. If, and only if, something like that is shown to us will suspicion towards me be justified.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Comrade is a weird case here. They haven't brought anything new to the table and just keep sheeping other people's opinions, even when that post is wrong. But yet I can't bring myself to vote for them because I can't tell if this indicates he is scum or not. If he is town, he would be an easy lynch for scum to hop on and not need to justify their vote much, which makes me slightly wary of some of the people voting for him already. Though if is scum, it'd be better to lynch him sooner rather than later.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't mean to post that yet. Basically he would be an unknown entity the longer that he lives and could make it difficult in the later game, no matter the alignment.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Am I wrong in feeling like Poltergust is seriously overreacting to Blarg's suggestion that we lynch him today? Most have already said they don't support it, and it isn't like Comrade's vote can be read as the beginning of some unstoppable lynch train.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
It was multiple reactions from him, but yes it does rely on meta, but like I said it's a good three years of meta. Disagree with it if you so choose, but I stick to what I said. Like I said before, there are plenty of games where I've confidently called multiple people as early as the first few days because of meta. I'm not going to rely on that singular explanation for a read this whole game obviously, but Geno gave me enough to dissuade me from voting him day 1.
I can't even say anything because of how subjective this read is. Sure, it's based off of three years. Sure, you have a track record with Geno. This might all be true, I dunno. Usually when people give meta reads it's as a supplement to something else, not an entire reason. Like...I don't know, you read Geno as town because he usually doesn't give a fuck and is gonna do what he wants as town? What? Who would this convince? If this was a gut read it would make more sense but you're framing it like you really believe in it, why? On day 1 no less...are there any other reasons than meta? Given Geno's posts could there be any other reason? I don't believe you. There has to be more to this shit than you're telling us.

20foch.gif

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Am I wrong in feeling like Poltergust is seriously overreacting to Blarg's suggestion that we lynch him today? Most have already said they don't support it, and it isn't like Comrade's vote can be read as the beginning of some unstoppable lynch train.
I feel that second post about it was a bit much. Blarg likely isn't going to care about multiple posts to him so a single post outlining why it's a bad idea would've been fine.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I just want Blarg to play better because I know he can. He can be a valuable asset to town when he's not being trolly/cryptic, but his ideas regarding me are currently misplaced.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I just want Blarg to play better because I know he can. He can be a valuable asset to town when he's not being trolly/cryptic, but his ideas regarding me are currently misplaced.
Well, in this case he's not being trolly or cryptic at all, so you're saying he can be a valuable asset as long as he doesn't want to lynch you? Even regardless of who it was that suggested lynching you, I feel like you're overreacting.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Well, in this case he's not being trolly or cryptic at all, so you're saying he can be a valuable asset as long as he doesn't want to lynch you? Even regardless of who it was that suggested lynching you, I feel like you're overreacting.
I mean, it'd help if he addressed my questions instead of flat out ignoring them to push his own argument against me forward. You'd be a bit ticked off too if that happened to you, especially if said argument has such flimsy reasoning that is unbecoming of him.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I mean, it'd help if he addressed my questions instead of flat out ignoring them to push his own argument against me forward. You'd be a bit ticked off too if that happened to you, especially if said argument has such flimsy reasoning that is unbecoming of him.
I would be, if I was close to being lynched and perceived an actual threat. Your enthusiastic defense just strikes me as oddly preemptive, is all.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Blargonaut

Please answer my questions instead of skirting around them. I know how hard it is to get a straight answer out of you
I mean, it'd help if he addressed my questions instead of flat out ignoring them
Here's one tidbit about Blarg from my book of notes. Scum-Blarg eventually caved and answered a huge list of questions that I asked him in GoT. He would also slip in and out of character, whereas this Blarg has remained in character the whole time. The fact that this Blarg isn't really talking directly to anyone or answering direct questions has me feeling good things actually lol.

I still don't agree with him, and I don't think you'll be in any real danger today, so let's let him do his thing and see if he can give us any more insight. This seems to be how he is viewing the game right now based on Zipped's kill, I'd like to see what he thinks tomorrow once we get some more solid info to work on.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I would be, if I was close to being lynched and perceived an actual threat. Your enthusiastic defense just strikes me as oddly preemptive, is all.
I don't see any reason to keep things cool, regardless of the vote total against me. If an argument is bad it deserves to be called out and shut down before it muddies up discussion for the day.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Here's one tidbit about Blarg from my book of notes. Scum-Blarg eventually caved and answered a huge list of questions that I asked him in GoT. He would also slip in and out of character, whereas this Blarg has remained in character the whole time. The fact that this Blarg isn't really talking directly to anyone or answering direct questions has me feeling good things actually lol.

I still don't agree with him, and I don't think you'll be in any real danger today, so let's let him do his thing and see if he can give us any more insight. This seems to be how he is viewing the game right now based on Zipped's kill, I'd like to see what he thinks tomorrow once we get some more solid info to work on.

You should stop relying so much on meta, especially in Blargs case. I feel like you bring up a previous game in every other post. Meta is useless most of the time and thinking about it too much gets you nowhere. Most of the time it's just easy fluff to make posts seem more substantial than they actually are.