• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I'm a poison doctor -_- I targeted Malus (on N4 I think, I mentioned it when Nin claimed being a tracker), just to check if my PM was misleading and my role did something else (I was half expecting to actually be a vig lol), but nothing happened.

Basically, replace Spark's role with a poison doctor one (I picked up on his role being a copy of mine when he claimed, which is why I asked him for specifics on his role, to check for the 2-shot similarities and the way the flavor was phrased, which prompted him to post his PM...) Just like him, I also had 2 shots, of which one remains.

About the item I'd rather not say ATM.

I didn't speak with DCPat.
giphy.gif

You tried to poison me?!

So we have a Firefighter without an Arsonist and a Poison Doctor without a Poisoner.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Also, here's a thought I just want to put out there because this is conspiracy mafia: who would be better equipped to detect aliens, a conspiracy theorist or... A government agent? :O

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I have an issue with malus and Coolest's claim. If we have red herring roles (firefighter but no arsonist, SK investigator but no SK, claimed poison doctor with no poisoner), then why should our coroner and alien investigator return exactly one positive result?

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I have an issue with malus and Coolest's claim. If we have red herring roles (firefighter but no arsonist, SK investigator but no SK, claimed poison doctor with no poisoner), then why should our coroner and alien investigator return exactly one positive result?
I see where you're coming from with malus, but Coolest really is an alien investigator based off of everything that's happened today.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are there maybe a bunch of fake claims to maybe be a red herring to the one alien who can change the game in some way? Am I crazy? Is the game designed to me me sound crazy??

I'm glad we have 18 hours yet, we shouldn't try to rush shit until the last one.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
So, you all are okay with lynching me and letting scum get away wtih another lynch ?

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

It just smells bad.
It all stinks.
Hopefully you can turn this ship around.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Are there maybe a bunch of fake claims to maybe be a red herring to the one alien who can change the game in some way? Am I crazy? Is the game designed to me me sound crazy??

I'm glad we have 18 hours yet, we shouldn't try to rush shit until the last one.

Nin's claim doesn't seem like he can change the game in any way. But of course he would make it as harmless as possible.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I am just lost for words.
this late into the game all of you are kinda just coasting along.
this wont end well

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
vote:nin

Alright. This is the most logical move IMO. If there's some weird edge case like Coolest actually bring scum, scum L_P having given me an item to make me trust him or something like that, then this game is already a lost cause.

As I said, even if nin was neutral, we can't risk a mislynch + nin completing his wincon and exiting the game which is going to make us insta-lose regardless of alignment, and we have no guarantee he isn't actually scum.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
you all dissapoint me.
Fire dissapointed me the most though.

I thought we were hermanos.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
My vote would still go to Coolest. His reaction yesterday to me scumreading him seemed way too exagerated. If Nin really is neutral then this alien detection wouldn't make sense for town since it would only lead them to a mislynch.
Next on the list is Nin. I've had some suspicions of him after the flip flopping around Fantomas. But why would there be an alien among the government agents who seem to be the scum team?
L_P was suspicously absent today and we still have no guarantee that his gifts even work.

Those are currently my top suspects.

vote:nin

Alright. This is the most logical move IMO. If there's some weird edge case like Coolest actually bring scum, scum L_P having given me an item to make me trust him or something like that, then this game is already a lost cause.

As I said, even if nin was neutral, we can't risk a mislynch + nin completing his wincon and exiting the game which is going to make us insta-lose regardless of alignment, and we have no guarantee he isn't actually scum.
He said he needs 4 successful tracks of which according to him he has only 2. So he couldn't fulfill his wincon tonight anyway.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Ugh, I hate everything about this. If nin really is a neutral then I just can't agree with lynching him over a potential scum.

Assuming there are 2 scum left, then I have a 40% chance of finding scum among everyone else. Frankly, I'm willing to take those chances. I'll need to evaluate who I should vote for.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
My vote would still go to Coolest. His reaction yesterday to me scumreading him seemed way too exagerated. If Nin really is neutral then this alien detection wouldn't make sense for town since it would only lead them to a mislynch.
Next on the list is Nin. I've had some suspicions of him after the flip flopping around Fantomas. But why would there be an alien among the government agents who seem to be the scum team?
L_P was suspicously absent today and we still have no guarantee that his gifts even work.

He said he needs 4 successful tracks of which according to him he has only 2. So he couldn't fulfill his wincon tonight anyway.
He has 3. He tracked L_P going to DCPat last night.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
OK, I think I've decided.

Vote: Lone_Prodigy

All those red flags I outlined earlier are just too much for me to ignore. If L_P is town, then I apologize for screwing the game up for everyone. :<

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

All those red flags I outlined earlier are just too much for me to ignore. If L_P is town, then I apologize for screwing the game up for everyone. :<

giphy.gif

Thank you for putting your faith in me, i will not leave the game and let Scum win. You can count on me

malus

Oct 30, 2017
He has 3. He tracked L_P going to DCPat last night.
Oh, yeah I forgot last night. Is there even anyone left he could successfully track? I won't go anywhere, you are vanilla, Fire is a useless Poison Doctor and Coolest has found his alien. Which leaves only L_P and KetKat. KetKat was already tracked when she didn't move and L_P has already been successfully tracked. Or can you track the same person twice to achieve your wincon?

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

OVERREACTING? NOW I'M OVERREACTING. WHY YOU, YOU DIRTY HAMBUGLAR! I HOPE YOU DIE FROM THE HOLE THAT WHENCE YOU CAME!

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Link to where you outlined before? I may join you, but honestly I'm leaning towards either a Nin/Ketkat/Malus type kill for the day

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Oh, yeah I forgot last night. Is there even anyone left he could successfully track? I won't go anywhere, you are vanilla, Fire is a useless Poison Doctor and Coolest has found his alien. Which leaves only L_P and KetKat. KetKat was already tracked when she didn't move and L_P has already been successfully tracked. Or can you track the same person twice to achieve your wincon?
I guess that, if L_P turns out to be scum, then Coolest can just check someone else as a favor to nin. I dunno.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
It's the weekend, don't expect me to be very active.

So you honestly think I'm a scum item giver handing stuff to my teammates? And whose items may or may not work? And that Fanto bussed me on the way out?

I can explain the item limit. I have 4, and any unused items return to me if the holder dies.

Right now my lunch order is nin-Ketkat-malus-Coolest-Fire-Polter.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Link to where you outlined before? I may join you, but honestly I'm leaning towards either a Nin/Ketkat/Malus type kill for the day
Here it is:
It would be L_P, because I'd be embracing this game's flavor and believe that there's an L_P + Coolest + you scum team and this whole item stuff is just a ruse.

At the very least, we haven't received any confirmation on any of these items actually working. Fantomas was scum who was given a passive 1-shot BP. Coolest used his roleblock on someone who didn't perform an action. And we have no idea what your item is.

Furthermore, there is still no explanation as to what happened N3 that led to no one dying outside of L_P being roleblocked by Kalor, along with nin accurately tracking L_P going to DCPat last night, who then died.

And finally, this would mean L_P has 6 items to give out over the course of the game, and two items he gave out went to dead people. That seems excessive for a game of this size. Marvel Mafia, a game that had over twice as many players, had an item giver that only had 4 items. It seems too overpowered and scum should've killed L_P the moment he admitted to being an item giver.