• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly a bit disappointed that it wasn't as much of a bastard game as I thought it would be.

Like, the only outright lie Fran told was the Lovers actually being Masons. Having like 7-8 useless roles is kinda boring. I wanted to have, for example, Fireblend's role actually poison people, or the bomb being a real thing.

Oh don't we know it.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
vanilla Town is the best role you can get Polter,
Just go crazy while just being vanilla
I was only allowed to go "crazy" this game because I was confirmed as town early on.

In any other game I would immediately be scum-read.

It kinda sucks that there wasn't really anything for me to "solve". All that organizing around the potential bomb was pretty pointless.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was only allowed to go "crazy" this game because I was confirmed as town early on.

In any other game I would immediately be scum-read.

It kinda sucks that there wasn't really anything for me to "solve". All that organizing around the potential bomb was pretty pointless.

If it makes you feel better, in the spec thread the readers and dead scum really enjoyed it.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just... no good at scum hunting. I want to at least contribute something to town, because my reads certainly aren't it.

Do know you were the voice of reason to a lot here and thinking things out well, you just got a bit distracted, because you played a game where that was the point. Hell, I was wrong D1 about who to go after and only changed based on low activity and a bit of odd behavior (Malus saying I overreacted when I didn't had me rolling eyes besides his Terra comments, KetKat is the candy bar I barely liked).

The only good play I had was the CoolSpot usual gambit, which even then I fucked up.

I'm sorry Polt.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Do know you were the voice of reason to a lot here and thinking things out well, you just got a bit distracted, because you played a game where that was the point. Hell, I was wrong D1 about who to go after and only changed based on low activity and a bit of odd behavior (Malus saying I overreacted when I didn't had me rolling eyes besides his Terra comments, KetKat is the candy bar I barely liked).

The only good play I had was the CoolSpot usual gambit, which even then I fucked up.

I'm sorry Polt.
What good is a voice of reason if everything I believe is wrong? lol

Geno, Faddy, then you + L_P + Fireblend. I didn't go after a single scum player the entire game that wasn't already on the chopping block.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
You know Scum played brilliantly when town is left in pieces like this.
ip5ew43.gif

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game will be an example of what not to do as town for ages people. When they say "Show me a prefect bad game", gamerunners will link this.

We are apart of history.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
And I was ready to post this gif at day end if we won too and the taste would've been glorious
583558edf8b4d3e76b873d5bf9d5b86c-67213.gif

Now I have to make do with this one
dennis-five-star-man.gif

LOL
I love you all so much, this is the second time being scum i think and it was actually pretty pretty fun, i tried to keep the usual meta alive in order not to reek as scum.

Thanks Vere :*

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Cross posting from the Spec chat

nin
the shape shifting master of scum,
unleashed an unspeakable evil! But a foolish Stannurai palmtree wielding a magic role stepped forth to oppose me
Before the final blow was struck, I tore open a portal in logic, and flung him into a whirlpool where my evil is law. Now the fool seeks to return to the thread and undo the future...that is
nin

this made my day lol

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
LOL
I love you all so much, this is the second time being scum i think and it was actually pretty pretty fun, i tried to keep the usual meta alive in order not to reek as scum.

Thanks Vere :*
You were doing great, and I wasn't paying much attention until that randomized vote. I immediately thought that was bull and if Fantos flipped scum then you probably were too.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
until that randomized vote. I immediately thought that was bull and if Fantos flipped scum then you probably were too.
That shit had me laughing so much. I'm just desperately worried in Scum Chat about getting lynched, and Nin's like, "Nah, just watch, we'll lynch LP" and then he goes and makes that vote lmao.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Honestly, reflecting on it now it really speaks volumes to how much I'm really contributing to town if I was never targeted for a night skill despite being confirmed town for over half the game. I've never been night killed in any of the other games, either.

All I'm doing is just adding noise for scum to hide in. =/

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, reflecting on it now it really speaks volumes to how much I'm really contributing to town if I was never targeted for a night skill despite being confirmed town for over half the game. I've never been night killed in any of the other games, either.

You're being way too hard on yourself.

Next time just post Groot for a whole day phase

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, reflecting on it now it really speaks volumes to how much I'm really contributing to town if I was never targeted for a night skill despite being confirmed town for over half the game.
If you check the Scum thread, you were considered for a kill on the night following Splinter's lynch, and again on N7. I would have argued for you or Fireblend over DCPat on N7 personally. However, consider that your relation to Splinter did give you a bit of mislynch potential still, CoolestSpot was even saying today that he wanted to reconsider you. So my point is, don't think that Scum decided not to kill you because you were playing bad, that's not why. I thought the same thing about myself in my last game, but when I saw the Scum Thread, it wasn't like that, they were considering me as a kill target.

Yes, it is true that your bomber theory did create a lot of noise, and yes I did personally use it to hide, but from what I could tell you were trying your best to contribute and figure out who the Scum were, and that's exactly what Town players are supposed to do, so I don't think you should feel bad at all. <3

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
That shit had me laughing so much. I'm just desperately worried in Scum Chat about getting lynched, and Nin's like, "Nah, just watch, we'll lynch LP" and then he goes and makes that vote lmao.
There was a point around my WIFOM LP talk that I decided LP, Coolest and Stan likely weren't scum, and scum had to have been the person who tried to turbo you (Malus), the two who switched vote targets on you(Fire and Nin) and Ketkat that was waiting to hammer. Time ran out before I could put my post down though.

You being confirmed town was already good for town and probably frustrating for scum since it cut down on where they could hide. I want to say that this was a learning experience though. In regards to the bomb, sometimes things really are as they seem and flavor is flavor.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
So i can i get a gentlemans agreement from everyone here to not suddenly lynch me in my sleep?

Its really not fun.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
I think the moral lesson is, always listen to your gut, especially when it's strewn about in front of you

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I'm just a bit bummed out I couldn't play my whole coroner claim. I was so ready to say I checked BDubs only to get the same as was in the game thread and then checking Sorian only for it to fail because he wasn't actually dead.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta admit that the size of the scum team threw me off. After Fanto died I thought town was in a good spot so in order to further extend the game and give me a chance to win, I let up on nin. Alas I was too scummy and got turboed.

It was an interesting exercise as a neutral to be scummy enough to not get NKed but also make myself useful enough to town to not get lunched.

I was entertaining a world in which Fireblend was scum because he went from my biggest detractor to like my only supporter. :P

Low activity didn't help town but I gotta say that was the kind of game I could've coasted to victory in as scum.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Emphasis on suddenly,
its people going from barely even mentioning voting for me to a sudden avalanche of votes despite nothing actually changing that just feels like people taking advantage of the thing thats already a real irritating issue for me.

I thought your being voted was BS at the time. At the very least, I'd have fought that if I was in the game.

Oct 27, 2017
Someone tell me what I should have done better.
Be convincing! Fake confidence in your argumentation. Repeat your story. Tell it often and tell it loud. To a certain degree you need to engage other viewpoints and rebut them (Polter's stance). Find the people you need to persuade and stick to them. Tear that suspicious person (nin) apart! Lay down why his claim was bullshit and why his behaviour was the scummiest of them all. Appeal to emotion and ask for that one lynch you are confident in. A perfect example is how Faddy fought for that monkey lynch in GoT Mafia D7.

Overall you were too passive and just let it happen.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Be convincing! Fake confidence in your argumentation. Repeat your story. Tell it often and tell it loud. To a certain degree you need to engage other viewpoints and rebut them (Polter's stance). Find the people you need to persuade and stick to them. Tear that suspicious person (nin) apart! Lay down why his claim was bullshit and why his behaviour was the scummiest of them all. Appeal to emotion and ask for that one lynch you are confident in. A perfect example is how Faddy fought for that monkey lynch in GoT Mafia D7.

Overall you were too passive and just let it happen.
I guess that's the essence of it. We killed off the persuasive players and left only the ones that couldn't get people on their side which led to people sticking with their reads. That's why Faddy is such a dangerous player. He insists on his reads like almost none other.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I guess that's the essence of it. We killed off the persuasive players and left only the ones that couldn't get people on their side which led to people sticking with their reads. That's why Faddy is such a dangerous player. He insists on his reads like almost none other.

Faddy and Sorian were the perfect couple.
That noise helped us a lot