• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Because after a brooding first season, the powers that be decided to lean into the fun parts of the show, that being the innate wackiness of superhero characters.

The lack of ability to access many of DC characters has led the writers to be creative as heck and it just works.
I also think it works because the other shows are more serious. If they were all like this I don't think we'd be as high on Legends as we are. That's assuming they were all just as wacky and insane.

That said I do like it when Legends is more serious and I fear they're in danger of going to far in this direction.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I also think it works because the other shows are more serious. If they were all like this I don't think we'd be as high on Legends as we are. That's assuming they were all just as wacky and insane.

Legends would still come out on top due to having far more variety in the settings and outfits they play around in, as well as the fact that they have the best team by far.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

tenor.gif

I would watch the shit out of that show. Can't stop watching this gif.

Puppets of Tomorrow and fake A-Team had me howling.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

That said I do like it when Legends is more serious and I fear they're in danger of going to far in this direction.

I see your point, though the goofiness is covering up some strong pathos in the last two seasons. You are also 100% correct, the lack of any show in this field lets it shine. Doctor Who which deals with similar concepts leans more dramatic. I would say it's similar to Brooklyn Nine-Nine (and perhaps Scrubs before it) in being comedy first, story second.

The debate for Nora's proverbial soul last season and Constantine fighting for Dez this season are pretty heavy topics. Even Nate trying to decide what amount of approval he wants from his father is a deeper topic. It's just not overwrought the way other shows can be with these topics.

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I dont like that John got away clean while screwing up the timeline way more times than Barry has now lol. Good episode though.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I dont like that John got away clean while screwing up the timeline way more times than Barry has now lol. Good episode though.

Did he, though? He had to relive sending his boyfriend to hell and now his boyfriend is possessed by/replaced by the demon he's been running from all along. The penny is in the air.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
I'm just getting into the entire arrowverse thing and I've got a quick question.

I understand supergirl takes place on a different earth and Arrow + The Flash are set on the same earth (I think).

Where does Legends of Tomorrow fit in? Its own separate earth?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just getting into the entire arrowverse thing and I've got a quick question.

I understand supergirl takes place on a different earth and Arrow + The Flash are set on the same earth (I think).

Where does Legends of Tomorrow fit in? Its own separate earth?

Legends is on the same earth as Flash and Arrow.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Well that was amazing. Makes up for them not being included with those other nerds.

People acting opposite that cat was hilarious.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Mod power abuse, shall the new Legends-based thread title, but related to the Sirens of Space-Time or Custodians of the Chronology

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Amy Louise Pemberton managed to finagle something in her contract that lets Gideon do the full-body hologram more often. It'd probably save them money on the silly CGI floating head effect.

gryvan

Brooklyn Rage
Oct 25, 2017
Hows the legends rating so far? I kinda want to know since I really don't want to expect a sudden cancellation after this season is over...

I'm hoping it stays on similarly to how flash/arrow is on seasons

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Hows the legends rating so far? I kinda want to know since I really don't want to expect a sudden cancellation after this season is over...

I'm hoping it stays on similarly to how flash/arrow is on seasons
It's the weakest of the DC shows, but not by much, it's only a few points away from Black Lightning and Supergirl. It's still in the safe zone for The CW.

After today's announcement, I would be shocked if any of the DC shows are cancelled going into next season.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Should remain the same since the season is ultimately about Constantine and the demon he is running from and not a one off joke about sirens or custodians.

We used to think Beebo was a one-off joke...

They really did that. I lost my shit. The entire ep was fully loaded with "are you really doing this??"

Every week, my general sentiment is "I love this fucking show"

Status
Not open for further replies.