• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017

article said:
Footage of the incident has gone viral on social media but many have sympathised with the construction worker after posts alleged that he was owed £600 in unpaid wages for work on the site.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/hundreds-pounds-raised-digger-driver-15712462

This is hilarious. That will teach them not to pay their contractors.

Mod Edit

Triton Construction, the principal contractor working on the project, issued the following statement: "It is our understanding that one of the labourers, working for MF Construction (who were employed as the groundwork's sub-contractor for the project) had been waiting for his Manager to arrive with his wages, which he told other workers on site were overdue.

"It is alleged that the labourer couldn't track down the owner of MF Construction and he became increasingly frustrated.
"At approximately 3.00pm, the labourer took it upon himself to drive a small mini excavator through the front entrance screen of the hotel and subsequently causing damage to finishes within the reception area."

The statement continued: "The labourer then ran from the scene and to our knowledge is being pursued by the Police.
The footage of the incident, which has since gone viral, shows the irate worker using the digger to smash up the front of the hotel, tearing down the ceiling and smashing loads of the windows.

In the video, he can be heard screaming "£600! All you had to do was pay me my fucking £600!"

However, one worker reportedly told the Sun that there had been a payment glitch and wages were paid after the weekend.
One person told the paper: "The money was supposed to go into his bank on Friday.

"But there was some kind of glitch and it didn't go in until Monday.

"He didn't check his bank account and didn't realise he'd actually been paid. That's why he went mental and wrecked the place."

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Last edited:

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
He made it, with his own blood, sweat and tears,
and when they didn't pay, he tore it all down again.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I would understand doing this for getting completely shafted, but a complete demolition for a £600 discrepancy probably isn't going to fly in the courts

If I remember reading correctly, it has since transpired that he HAD been paid and just hadn't checked his account correctly.

Currently there is a GoFundMe running for his legal support; https://www.gofundme.com/unpaid-travel-lodge-digger-driver-edge-lane

yea, that sounds about right for someone who would take a kubota to a store front over £600

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
This won't end well for this guy and will end up costing him more than than the 600 bucks he was owed. I'm sure there was a contract that both parties worked out. Why not just refer to the agreement and work from there?

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
He's a dickhead; can't believe people are donating to this clown.

He was paid it seems anyway

Edit - seems he may have some mental issues, I may have been hasty!

Last edited:

julian

Oct 27, 2017
For the sake of America, I hope this is a lesson government contractors don't learn

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
How would he? He didn't get paid for the work and materials he used. They don't pay they don't get the work done. Simple.
Looks like he was.

He'd be charged because vandalism isn't the correct avenue to correct it. Even though it's morally and obviously something that should be done to solve the issue lol. The law doesn't care about that though sadly.

Lackless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If he wasn't paid, it's still a bonehead move. That would have been an easy civil suit to win if it would even get that far.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Seems fair. People like Trump who fuck over contractors in order to raise buildings for themselves that they later flaunt are fucking nasty.

Unfortunately, it appears this dude just didn't get his information right and made an arse of himself.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
That seems a like he did a lot more damage then he was owed. Would've been a lose-lose situation for him? If it's true that he was already paid before this happened then fuck him and the people giving him money.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If I remember reading correctly, it has since transpired that he HAD been paid and just hadn't checked his account correctly.

Currently there is a GoFundMe running for his legal support; https://www.gofundme.com/unpaid-travel-lodge-digger-driver-edge-lane

tenor.gif

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
assuming he wasn't paid (i legitimately can't tell), what's the argument for making him remain unpaid with the job done?

Burly

Oct 25, 2017

EDIT: Grain of salt and all, but his coworkers were interviewed by (shitty rag) The Sun and said a banking error had caused them to be paid on the Monday (yesterday) but he hadn't bothered to check.

Just go in Monday morning and pretend like it never happened.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
http://www.ladbible.com/news/uk-con...worker-drives-digger-into-travelodge-20190122
Triton Construction, the principal contractor working on the project, issued the following statement: "It is our understanding that one of the labourers, working for MF Construction (who were employed as the groundwork's sub-contractor for the project) had been waiting for his Manager to arrive with his wages, which he told other workers on site were overdue.

"It is alleged that the labourer couldn't track down the owner of MF Construction and he became increasingly frustrated.
"At approximately 3.00pm, the labourer took it upon himself to drive a small mini excavator through the front entrance screen of the hotel and subsequently causing damage to finishes within the reception area."

The statement continued: "The labourer then ran from the scene and to our knowledge is being pursued by the Police.
The footage of the incident, which has since gone viral, shows the irate worker using the digger to smash up the front of the hotel, tearing down the ceiling and smashing loads of the windows.

In the video, he can be heard screaming "£600! All you had to do was pay me my fucking £600!"

However, one worker reportedly told the Sun that there had been a payment glitch and wages were paid after the weekend.
One person told the paper: "The money was supposed to go into his bank on Friday.

"But there was some kind of glitch and it didn't go in until Monday.

"He didn't check his bank account and didn't realise he'd actually been paid. That's why he went mental and wrecked the place."

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
I mean I can get behind smashing a couple windows over this, but my dude was owed £600. That's easily like £100,000 in damages he caused lol. All made cornier by the fact that he apparently was paid, just a weekend late.

I'll still give him props for giving me a sweet video to watch though.