• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
Cliffy B's comments went beyond arrogance though, the guy strayed in to meme territory with his ''Dark souls of shooters'' nonsense. The initial message of Lawbreakers being ''skilled as fuck'' and marketed towards a niche in the market was an absolute disaster. Nothing about the game that was shown or talked about prior to release did anything to convince people they should drop their current competitive shooter and move to Lawbreakers. Also feel the change from F2P to '' $30, none of that $60 multiplayer only bullshit'' was another disaster.

If Boss Key plan to carry on supporting the game in hope that one day it becomes a success then it needs fundamental changes.

Karnova

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
When Cliffs talked about Lawbreakers being a hardcore FPS I thought he was making another arena shooter, the type of FPS I cut my teeth with and sunk hundreds of ours into Unreal Tournament 2004.

Then it turned out it was a modern shooter. Well at least IDthesda threw me a bone and made Quake Champions.

shiftplusone

Oct 25, 2017
To me, the lawbreakers situation is fascinating. I didn't keep up with any of the marketing shit so cliffy's comments mean nothing, it was just crazy to see what is by all accounts a decent game fall so absolutely flat. I watched the GB quick look and it has its issues for sure, but it's not a bad game by any stretch. Battleborne got shat on and was received poorly, tried to compare itself to overwatch(fans didn't do this, gearbox did) and its easy to see how that game got its (deserved) reputation and success. For Lawbreakers, there was not an overwhelming positive or negative reception, there was just no reception at all. The reason why I took an interest in the lawbreakers reaction was because of all that.

Visceral is an aggravating story for reasons I shouldn't have to explain.