• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Mara Wilson? The actress that plays Matilda? She was friends with her? What happened?

I'm not sure if I'm remembering the story right, but IF memory serves, the two of them were hanging out in public in NYC and Lindsay heard someone say something she objected to and flew off the handle, yelling at the person. When her friends tried to stop her, she got even louder and more indignant, and eventually they all got asked to leave.

Basically the moral of the story is that Lindsay is very good at dishing it out but not nearly as good at taking it. And "it" also includes criticism of her own behavior.

Bradbury

Oct 28, 2017

Another amazing thread by DellaRosa about this whole mess
Amazing how lefttube keeps digging and digging themselve into this mess

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Doesn't the Lindsay Ellis thing deserve it's own thread? New news, after all. Shitty news, but new.
Honestly feel the whole thing kind of needs one at some point. Part of the issue in discourse over the course of these things is that they've been frequently handwaved or seen as isolated incidents, as the discussion naturally arises each time it occurs within the related thread. Then again I don't know if I can stomach collating everything just to have cancel culture or some dismissal thrown at me within the first five posts.

FeistyBoots

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
When my lifelong conservative mom and grandmother are far more willing and open to understanding transgendered people than a well-known liberal YouTuber, you know something is fucked up with the progressive YouTube community. Having ContraPoints be even more closed minded than that makes my head spin.

*transgender (it's an adjective)

Edit: saw your reply upthread, thanks for listening!

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, it just hit me, didn't she say previously that Buck was in the video for a specific reason that would become clear in her next video? Yet now she's saying Buck was only in because he was recommended to her to read the quote because he sounded similar to the original person? Did she just accidentally admit that her previous non-apology was full of shit?

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Wait, it just hit me, didn't she say previously that Buck was in the video for a specific reason that would become clear in her next video? Yet now she's saying Buck was only in because he was recommended to her to read the quote because he sounded similar to the original person? Did she just accidentally admit that her previous non-apology was full of shit?
I mean, the next video could still explain that... But it'd have to be a very introspective video on youtube creators.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Has anyone made the thread yet about Lindsay Ellis' transphobic jokes?
Was mentioned above, if you want to can go for it. Still feel like the below is true, but maybe I'm a tad jaded.
Honestly feel the whole thing kind of needs one at some point. Part of the issue in discourse over the course of these things is that they've been frequently handwaved or seen as isolated incidents, as the discussion naturally arises each time it occurs within the related thread. Then again I don't know if I can stomach collating everything just to have cancel culture or some dismissal thrown at me within the first five posts.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018

Wait, what? I thought the video this transcription was from was the one she was talking about! That is, that the big exculpatory reason for using Buck Angel as a voice over in her video is...he sounds like John Waters, kind of

Bossking

Nov 20, 2017

What other incidents has Lindsay had? Because yeah, reading through this thread makes me feel exactly as you fear. Lindsay's joke is disappointing, but a lot of these responses here feel extremely harsh and final for a bad joke and making a thread dedicated to it feels far beyond overkill.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what? I thought the video this transcription was from was the one she was talking about! That is, that the big exculpatory reason for using Buck Angel as a voice over in her video is...he sounds like John Waters, kind of
This was a Patreon video, didn't she say it would be her next main video?

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
To be honest, I stopped trusting Lindsay after a time I saw her at a grocery store in Los Angeles. I told her how cool it was to meet her in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother her and ask her for photos or anything.
She said, "Oh, like you're doing now?"
I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but she kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing her hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard her chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw her trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in her hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Maam, you need to pay for those first." At first she kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, she stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, she kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
What other incidents has Lindsay had?
Not Lindsay in particular, speaking to the whole Contra and non-binary issue leading into this, the defense that sprang up and led into things like those 'jokes'.
Because yeah, reading through this thread makes me feel exactly as you fear. Lindsay's joke is disappointing, but a lot of these responses here feel extremely harsh and final for what feels like a bad joke and making a thread dedicated to it feels far beyond overkill.
That's not what I fear, the complete opposite.

The hand-wringing over reactions as if it's about an individual incident is what I'm actually what I'm talking about. The discussions always arise within the threads on individual cases without the wider context, which leads to sentiment like your own where concerns and thoughts are seen as "extremely harsh" when they're really not.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, I stopped trusting Lindsay after a time I saw her at a grocery store in Los Angeles. I told her how cool it was to meet her in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother her and ask her for photos or anything.
I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but she kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing her hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard her chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw her trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in her hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Maam, you need to pay for those first." At first she kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, she stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, she kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
What is the point of this?

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
What other incidents has Lindsay had?

I feel like the Gervais jokes are of a kind similar to the sort of edgy content that she tended to truck in during the Nostalgia Chick years, where it's like "HAHAH ___ GENOCIDE HAPPENED" without being incisive, not really offering much besides the jarring tonal juxtaposition between humor cadences and large-scale brutality.

I know antifada considered lindsay a bad film critic a few years back
It was a patreon episode were they talked about bad film you tubers

I'm curious, do you remember what the specifics of their criticism were? I've been fairly pleased with her long-form content at least since the Rent video, though (see above comment) I don't know how much of her older work I'd want to revisit.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Then again I don't know if I can stomach collating everything just to have cancel culture or some dismissal thrown at me within the first five posts.
"Now we are trying to cancel allies too?!?!"
"It's the left eating itself."
"I don't see the issue in having Buck Angel in her video."
"I don't see a issue with her joke."
"You people get angry at everything."

Shit is just the worst.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Most of the episode was on a bad Tim Burton video by the YouTube Maggie may fish

Other you tubers were a small part

It's patreon locked but there are pirate links for antifada sometimes put there not usually though since their small scale compared to bigger left podcast

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Made the thread about Lindsay Ellis' transphobic jokes:
www.resetera.com

Lindsay Ellis' transphobic jokes

This is just really disappointing and stupid of Lindsay Ellis to do. Especially after she just did a big talk at the XOXO festival about being harassed by bigots, for her now to trade in ironic bigoted jokes. Ironic jokes that are still punching down aren't any better. Like ironic Nazis are...

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't watch a lot of Natalie's content, but was thinking back to a video lecture I saw of her some time ago where she explains how she has survived online. She ends up devoting some time to talking about her experiences with Nazis, 4chan & the alt-right, but probably spends more time discussing how she attempts to sidestep the leftist mobs and harassers. The characters and personas she plays in her videos essentially act as a shield that allow her to explore ideas and viewpoints that would get her ostracized if they were completely ascribed to her as a person. Watching it you get the sense she always knew she was ultiamtely going to be burned by the audience she was trying to court, but doing her best to try and dance to the right beat:

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Watching it you get the sense she always knew she was ultiamtely going to be burned by the audience she was trying to court, but doing her best to try and dance to the right beat:

Oh that bit right at the start definitely feels like a foreshadowing of her sympathy with transmedicalists. And for as much as I agree with the idea that trans communities are far too broad to be able to accommodate only a single major figurehead I will not be able to get over the fact that rather than highlight people with dissenting viewpoints and allow people space to disagree with her, she just takes her viewpoints and viewpoints of some of her critics, exaggerates them, and sells them as different personas of herself, like a pope who is trying to talk down the green goblin inside him

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh that bit right at the start definitely feels like a foreshadowing of her sympathy with transmedicalists.
I'm not sure if it's before or after the timestamp I added, but she also presciently talks about the kind of guilt-by-association that occurs in leftist circles. She talks about being raked over the coals for going to VidCon and appearing in smiling photographs with "centrists" (which ones I'm not sure). The immediate assumption was that she was somehow best friends with those people and represented their interests, so it caused an uproar. She clearly thinks that to be unfair, but given her experience with this phenomena she probably should have known that including Angel in one of her videos would have set off a furor. Maybe she expected it and did it anyway, I dunno.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
I just watched the entire Contrapoints statement after having read it on the Twitter and Era echo-chamber and I've gotta say: She really seems to be falling apart and everyone dogpiling on her for this is fully complicit in feeding into this online culture of harassment and the consequences it generates.

My heart breaks seeing her like this.

I live in an overwhelmingly homophobic and transphobic country (South Africa), so much so that if you are queer or trans and a POC, you're probably dead if your local community finds you. And I can tell you this: Natalie's work is known and praised in our local trans and queer communities. It is no exaggeration when I say that her contributions have played no small part in helping grow and foster what is a thriving and beautiful queer community here in Cape Town. People love her, and rightfully so.

Not a single person that has come out as trans, queer, nonbinary and so on as a result of Natalie's work over here is going to remember her for a 12 second voiceover by some truscum asshole. She is not in any way exempt from criticism (and the good-faith criticism that has been levelled are valid) but I feel that the way this "criticism" manifests itself online is toxic and abusive as fuck. And it clearly has been seeing the state of her on that stream. Simply saying that she should have a thicker skin is the SAME shit GamgerGaters were saying while tormenting women and queer folks online.

To try and cancel someone over a 12 second voiceover and in turn discard all of the work they've done for the trans community while also going out of one's way to harass them and those closest to them is not only deeply suspicious to me (yo GamerGaters its been a while), but it's also indicative of how godawful most online communities are (left, right, centrist - regardless). This is not the way to have a conversation or to direct criticism.

The day this online culture of 'mob accountability' results in losing someone who is a genuine ally is the day I'm done with all of these online communities.

Natalie is positioning herself to become the trans version of Candace Owens.

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about. Sweet baby Jesus this is such an unfathomably stupid take it makes my head hurt. It is beyond me that someone would believe stupid shit like this after paying even the slightest bit of attention to Natalie's work.

The fact that people on the so-called "left" are willing to behave the way these disgusting conservative mouthpieces and their communities do to push a clear ally over the brink just indicates that they won't be satisfied until she's either switched to the position you describe or dead.

The left really often does enjoy eating itself (and being co-opted by the right to destroy its own allies), no doubt

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To try and cancel someone over a 12 second voiceover
Well ignoring how having a transphobic bigot in your video is kind of a big deal, this isn't the first time Natalie has fucked up when it comes to the non-binary community.

But then again that would mess up your big "The left is eating it's own!" rant. Here a hint for future reference, just because you were wrote a lot of words doesn't make your post worth more than shit, cause pal, your post was shit.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
Well ignoring how having a transphobic bigot in your video is kind of a big deal, this isn't the first time Natalie has fucked up when it comes to the non-binary community.

But then again that would mess up your big "The left is eating it's own!" rant. Here a hint for future reference, just because you were wrote a lot of words doesn't make your post worth more than shit, cause pal, your post was shit.

Everyone fucks up, few people are denying that she has. But conflating that with her being another Candace Owens or Dave Rubin is grossly dishonest at best.

But yeah, I'd rather express my thoughts on the matter than have cheap, shitty takes. But whatever, stay woke and toxic, "pal".

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone fucks up, few people are denying that she has. But conflating that with her being another Candace Owens or Dave Rubin is grossly dishonest at best.

But yeah, I'd rather express my thoughts on the matter than have cheap, shitty takes. But whatever, stay woke and toxic, "pal".
Look at any page on here and you'll see this ain't some "GamerGate" style shit that's happening.

And again, no matter how many words you typed, you still had a cheap shitty take that I (and a lot of people reading your post) laugh at.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
Look at any page on here and you'll see this ain't some "GamerGate" style shit that's happening.

And again, no matter how many words you typed, you still had a cheap shitty take that I (and a lot of people reading your post) laugh at.

Cute to think you speak for "a lot" of people reading this thread. Could give a toss either way, given some of the attitudes and takes in here.

mantidor

Oct 25, 2017

Is this satire? fiction? its really bad either way.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I just watched the entire Contrapoints statement after having read it on the Twitter and Era echo-chamber and I've gotta say: She really seems to be falling apart and everyone dogpiling on her for this is fully complicit in feeding into this online culture of harassment and the consequences it generates.
Era isn't an echo chamber, and people posting in a forum discussion aren't complicit in any harrassment campaign.

I live in an overwhelmingly homophobic and transphobic country (South Africa), so much so that if you are queer or trans and a POC, you're probably dead if your local community finds you. And I can tell you this: Natalie's work is known and praised in our local trans and queer communities. It is no exaggeration when I say that her contributions have played no small part in helping grow and foster what is a thriving and beautiful queer community here in Cape Town. People love her, and rightfully so.
That's cool. Natalie's work has also been seen as a huge positive here for the majority of time she's been up and posting videos. I know many who directly support her, or did so up until the recent video.

Not a single person that has come out as trans, queer, nonbinary and so on as a result of Natalie's work over here is going to remember her for a 12 second voiceover by some truscum asshole. She is not in any way exempt from criticism (and the good-faith criticism that has been levelled are valid) but I feel that the way this "criticism" manifests itself online is toxic and abusive as fuck. And it clearly has been seeing the state of her on that stream. Simply saying that she should have a thicker skin is the SAME shit GamgerGaters were saying while tormenting women and queer folks online.
Except she is, because of people like yourself.

Trans people aren't allowed to even discuss an issue on an unrelated forum without having people try to shut us down or police exactly how we're allowed to express our frustration. That's all people are doing here - posting on a forum. Yet you have you, and many before you, start coming in and talking about how that's harrassment, and invoking things like trans people being murdered.

You don't get to determine whether something is good faith or bad faith simply because one trans person is being polite and the other more curt in their frustrations. People are allowed to post in frustration and it should come as no surprise that when people feel that same irritation over time, that will manifest in some blunt responses. Again though, we're discussing something on a forum. We're not on Twitter sending vile abuse at her daily, we're discussing it within our community. If you're decrying harrassment then decry harrassment, don't use "cancel culture" to muddy the water between the two.

Painting people here posting in a thread on Era with that same brush is innacurate and pointless, few here will go to bat for the slime on Twitter that's just shouting abuse at Natalie. Which is why we've included Twitter threads that are considered and help spell out the issue. Something there's an abundance of both here and there when you're not coming in looking for some rabid coke-addled byproduct of the 'outrage machine'.

To try and cancel someone over a 12 second voiceover and in turn discard all of the work they've done for the trans community while also going out of one's way to harass them and those closest to them is not only deeply suspicious to me (yo GamerGaters its been a while), but it's also indicative of how godawful most online communities are (left, right, centrist - regardless). This is not the way to have a conversation or to direct criticism.
Here we go back into the nebulous again. Who in this thread is trying to cancel someone, instead of expressing what they will do based on the frustration they feel? What does it even mean to cancel someone? People aren't obligated to keep watching her content, or keep paying her money to produce it.

You speak of godawful communities and how conversations or criticisms should be directed or levelled. Yet in the same paragraph you nod toward 'Gamergate 2.0'. You repeatedly handwave the concerns of trans people in this thread, pointing to trans people in worse situations as some barometer for how the rest of us should feel.

You speak as if you get to determine which allies we're allowed to criticize, how we do it and when - that's the position you're taking when you step back. You have no leg to stand on when talking about the elements that pollute discourse as your need to associate everything to some extreme is an element of it. People aren't allowed to simply post here without being compared to vile mass harrassment campaigns and being told that they're godawful, the reason you don't want to be in internet communities and more.

If you're speaking about harrassment then speak to harrassment. Don't throw out the vague and meaningless "cancel" as a way to validate comparing us to Gamergate.

The day this online culture of 'mob accountability' results in losing someone who is a genuine ally is the day I'm done with all of these online communities.
The day you realise that you don't get to determine who's the best ally for trans people and how/when/where other people express frustration online is the day you realise you don't have to.

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about. Sweet baby Jesus this is such an unfathomably stupid take it makes my head hurt. It is beyond me that someone would believe stupid shit like this after paying even the slightest bit of attention to Natalie's work.

The fact that people on the so-called "left" are willing to behave the way these disgusting conservative mouthpieces and their communities do to push a clear ally over the brink just indicates that they won't be satisfied until she's either switched to the position you describe or dead.

"Willing to behave this way"

Again, someone posts something in a blunt manner on a forum and you're having some meltdown over it.

Your paragraphs-long rant is far more direct, targetting and insulting than anything anyone here has put together, yet you get to paint us as the people souring online communities. You directly dismiss, insult and put people down here while positioning yourself as being some pacifist tired of the fighting around you. All for what?

It can't be to shield Natalie from it otherwise you'd be on Twitter actually engaging with people who are sending her vile things directly. Instead you're on here, shouting down people that are doing no more than sharing their thoughts between each other. Insulting and dismissing them while telling them they're the ones ruining online discourse.

Again, throughout this you display a need to associate innocuous and benign acts to an extreme. You've mentioned harrassment campaigns, Gamergate, trans people being murdered and now Natalie being dead. All over a post here where some trans people have expressed disappointment and irritation at something an online personality has done.

Cute to think you speak for "a lot" of people reading this thread. Could give a toss either way, given some of the attitudes and takes in here.
Cute that they speak for people that have previously expressed the same sentiment they're referring to? No, it's cute that you feel comfortable using members of the trans/nb community as a means to silence and police other people within that same commnity. Your toss was never available to give nor something anyone wanted.

Yep, because despite people like you, I like to think the community on Era is still largely made up of well-meaning folks who care about discussing issues of consequence like this rather than resorting to crap like "lol contrapoints = candace owens"
It speaks volumes that this is your go-to example you use to validate your stance for the thread:
Natalie is positioning herself to become the trans version of Candace Owens.
This is your example of cancel culture? Someone posting something blunt, a strong opinion when they're irritated or frustrated?

This is why you've moaned about cancel culture, nodded to Gamergate 2.0, dismissed the concerns of the thread at large, invoked the murder of trans people, mentioned Natalie dying, insulted trans people on the forum and generally insinuated that the thread is emblematic of the worst parts of online discourse?

It's pathetic. Let people express frustration on a forum without needing to try and police how they do so, drawing some bullshit red lines to actual harrassment campaigns in order to make yourself feel better about shouting down a thread of trans folk.

Last edited:

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Era isn't an echo chamber, and people posting in a forum discussion aren't complicit in any harrassment campaign.

That's cool. Natalie's work has also been seen as a huge positive here for the majority of time she's been up and posting videos. I know many who directly support her, or did so up until the recent video.

Trans people aren't allowed to even discuss an issue on an unrelated forum without having people try to shut us down or police exactly how we're allowed to express our frustration. That's all people are doing here - posting on a forum. Yet you have you, and many before you, start coming in and talking about how that's harrassment, and invoking things like trans people being murdered.

You don't get to determine whether something is good faith or bad faith simply because one trans person is being polite and the other more curt in their frustrations. People are allowed to post in frustration and it should come as no surprise that when people feel that same irritation over time, that will manifest in some blunt responses. Again though, we're discussing something on a forum. We're not on Twitter sending vile abuse at her daily, we're discussing it within our community. If you're decrying harrassment then decry harrassment, don't use "cancel culture" to muddy the water between the two.

Painting people here posting in a thread on Era with that same brush is innacurate and pointless, few here will go to bat for the slime on Twitter that's just shouting abuse at Natalie. Which is why we've included Twitter threads that are considered and help spell out the issue. Something there's an abundance of both here and there when you're not coming in looking for some rabid coke-addled byproduct of the 'outrage machine'.

Here we go back into the nebulous again. Who in this thread is trying to cancel someone, instead of expressing what they will do based on the frustration they feel? What does it even mean to cancel someone? People aren't obligated to keep watching her content, or keep paying her money to produce it.

You speak of godawful communities and how conversations or criticisms should be directed or levelled. Yet in the same paragraph you nod toward 'Gamergate 2.0'. You repeatedly handwave the concerns of trans people in this thread, pointing to trans people in worse situations as some barometer for how the rest of us should feel.

You speak as if you get to determine which allies we're allowed to criticize, how we do it and when - that's the position you're taking when you step back. You have no leg to stand on when talking about the elements that pollute discourse as your need to associate everything to some extreme is an element of it. People aren't allowed to simply post here without being compared to vile mass harrassment campaigns and being told that they're godawful, the reason you don't want to be in internet communities and more.

If you're speaking about harrassment then speak to harrassment. Don't throw out the vague and meaningless "cancel" as a way to validate comparing us to Gamergate.

The day you realise that you don't get to determine who's the best ally for trans people and how/when/where other people express frustration online is the day you realise you don't have to.

Again, someone posts something in a blunt manner on a forum and you're having some meltdown over it.

Your paragraphs-long rant is far more direct, targetting and insulting than anything anyone here has put together, yet you get to paint us as the people souring online communities. You directly dismiss, insult and put people down here while positioning yourself as being some pacifist tired of the fighting around you. All for what?

It can't be to shield Natalie from it otherwise you'd be on Twitter actually engaging with people who are sending her vile things directly. Instead you're on here, shouting down people that are doing no more than sharing their thoughts between each other. Insulting and dismissing them while telling them they're the ones ruining online discourse.

Again, throughout this you display a need to associate innocuous and benign acts to an extreme. You've mentioned harrassment campaigns, Gamergate, trans people being murdered and now Natalie being dead. All over a post here where some trans people have expressed disappointment and irritation at something an online personality has done.

Cute that they speak for people that have previously expressed the same sentiment they're referring to? No, it's cute that you feel comfortable using members of the trans/nb community as a means to silence and police other people within that same commnity. Your toss was never available to give nor something anyone wanted.

It speaks volumes that this is your go-to example you use to validate your stance for the thread:

This is your example of cancel culture? Someone posting something blunt, a strong opinion when they're irritated or frustrated?

This is why you've moaned about cancel culture, nodded to Gamergate 2.0, dismissed the concerns of the thread at large, invoked the murder of trans people, mentioned Natalie dying, insulted trans people on the forum and generally insinuated that the thread is emblematic of the worst parts of online discourse?

It's pathetic. Let people express frustration on a forum without needing to try and police how they do so, drawing some bullshit red lines to actual harrassment campaigns in order to make yourself feel better about shouting down a thread of trans folk.

Mic drop. Far too many people on this site have a loooong way to go with Trans issues

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

There's literally nothing else I can add. Perfect post.

source.gif

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa

I don't have the time needed to go into the details of this post, but you're right. I should've put a lot more thought into what I was posting before I posted it. It was early in the morning and I was feeling cranky. It was in no way my intention to "shout down", police anyone, to make myself "feel better", or be dismissive of what are legitimate concerns in this thread, and for that I genuinely apologise.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I don't have the time needed to go into the details of this post, but you're right. I should've put a lot more thought into what I was posting before I posted it. It was early in the morning and I was feeling cranky. It was in no way my intention to "shout down", police anyone, to make myself "feel better", or be dismissive of what are legitimate concerns in this thread, and for that I genuinely apologise.
All good. I have crappy mornings and make cranky posts too. Appreciate you reading and respecting it. Please keep a mind to it in the future, as that general atittude is one that's become common around trans threads at the moment and emboldens people who are doing so with that intent.

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017

Wow definitely gonna unsubscribe to him. He likes to play the reasonable guy who does not engage in toxic bad behaviour.

That Nathalie response is the usual I do not like when people do not like me but will continue to not take the criticism at heart.
Won't unsubscribe yet but we shall see. I bet she will do something else again. Ironically she introduced me to some more in depth analysis about non binary but to see her like this is truly disappointing.

I agree Harry is the only decent guy left.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Harry seems good, still. Shaun as well. I seem to remember Dan aka Three Arrows also posting nonbinary support shortly after the Buck Angel thing. Also, Thought Slime deserves more love.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If I were John Waters, I would be offended (also, typing that, I just imagined I were John Waters. God, I wasted my life not being John Waters).

I'm not sure what he's doing now, but isn't he in Baltimore? I wonder whether Natalie couldn't just have contacted him and directly asked him to read his quote.